Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich
I don’t know what Hemingway looked like or the actor’s name, but I instantly guessed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Soothing Vapors posted:

smdh at you effete coastal Protestants in your fancy ivory towers who never had to subsist on Gortons "fish" every goddamn Friday

Are you 60 years old or did your church reject Vatican II?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Canon 1251 still says no fish on Fridays, hombre. Sorry about yr immortal soul being damned to hell cuz u like burgers

e: to be clear, I say that having just finished a pork chop

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Timby posted:

Trust the Gorton's Fisherman.

I knew he tasted a little salty

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
very impressive score from Donna but she was hell of annoying the way she had to make some comment after every response

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Wrong; I think you'll find Donna was, in fact, excellent.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.
The black women of Jeopardy! have been utterly dominant this month

A Tasteful Nude
Jun 3, 2013

A cool anime hagrid pic (imagine nude pls)
Donna, most excellent queen of Jeopardy. Long may she reign.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Donna is incredibly loving annoying and yet I still love her

I think Austin broke me

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Her wagers on daily doubles make me like her a lot.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Yeah I can't hate a contestant who bets like that

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ein cooler Typ posted:

very impressive score from Donna but she was hell of annoying the way she had to make some comment after every response

I agree, I found the comments annoying but daaaaaaamn loving get it, girl

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I very much enjoyed Donna's commentary and her betting. Long may she reign.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
so glad Donna lost

you're not supposed to comment after every answer

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Ein cooler Typ posted:

so glad Donna lost

you're not supposed to comment after every answer

I didn't realize you were the Jeopardy czar.

Glad goons you were very quick to rush to put the black woman in her place.

E: VVV Fair enough, didn't realize it was the same shithead each time

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 04:18 on Dec 26, 2017

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

WampaLord posted:

I didn't realize you were the Jeopardy czar.

Glad goons were very quick to rush to put the black woman in her place.

lol what the gently caress are you talking about, everyone but known shitheel ECT loved her

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
noooooooooo Donna

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

ABC7 NY continues finding any loving reason at all to not air this show

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Vulture Culture posted:

ABC7 NY continues finding any loving reason at all to not air this show

Yup. Goddamn NBA. Lot of people complaining on the contestant Facebook group that their stations preempted it as well.

Found Donna annoying a bit, but I felt I should let her do her and win some money.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
this is the problem with SJWs

if a white male did the same annoying poo poo it would be ok to call him annoying, but if a female PoC does it you better not say anything bad about it

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Airing a new episode on Christmas? That's some dumb poo poo. Glad I saw this thread and checked to see that it's on at 1:30am so I can catch it. Sucks I found out the outcome tho.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ein cooler Typ posted:

this is the problem with SJWs

if a white male did the same annoying poo poo it would be ok to call him annoying, but if a female PoC does it you better not say anything bad about it

BUT MAH QUIZ GAME

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a sneaking suspicion that it's not so much that skeleton warriors are getting in a hissy, it's that everybody else is pointing out you're being a terrible person so you automatically assume it's because of political correctness

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
It was funny for one or two episodes but would have gotten old fast had it gone on for 2 weeks like Austin.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
That daily double really screwed Sarah over.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I did not like Ami at all, big ups to The Fattest Cop for freeing us of her

Syzygy Stardust
Mar 1, 2017

by R. Guyovich

Soothing Vapors posted:

I did not like Ami at all, big ups to The Fattest Cop for freeing us of her

Autistic valley girl is a terrible accent.

sunnyboy
May 10, 2011

Hawkmen Diiiiiiiiiiiiiiive!
I'm just not a great fan of contestants that try and 'rattle-snap' the answer and next category in some thin attempt to force alex to rush. Though I'm not a big Alex fan, I do love how he will slow his delivery in such cases. I'm sure it annoys the heck out of those type of contestants. :-D

Although, for someone who is fully bi-lingual, his fake french accent was among the worst ever. Worse even than Steve Martin trying to play Peter Sellers playing Clouseau.

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

sunnyboy posted:

I'm just not a great fan of contestants that try and 'rattle-snap' the answer and next category in some thin attempt to force alex to rush. Though I'm not a big Alex fan, I do love how he will slow his delivery in such cases. I'm sure it annoys the heck out of those type of contestants. :-D

Although, for someone who is fully bi-lingual, his fake french accent was among the worst ever. Worse even than Steve Martin trying to play Peter Sellers playing Clouseau.

All these years I thought he was Quebecois, turns out his mom is French-Ontarian. :canada:

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I'm the city of Nan-tez.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
I don’t really like those categories where you have to figure out the word inside the word. Or rather I do but I wish I had more time to figure them out. Last night wasn’t that bad though.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Ol' Vapors' Rule of Thumb: if your category concept takes more than 5 seconds to explain, it is poo poo

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

The irritating metagamer in me always gets sort of flummoxed when someone with a $3,000+ lead and a minute left in the round lands the Daily Double, wagers $100, then answers it immediately instead of dragging the clock for its maximum possible length

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Do you think "Who Are The Mormons?" have been an acceptable answer for FJ tonight or did you have to write out the entire name and get it perfect?

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I think "the Mormon Church" or "the LDS Church" probably would have been acceptable. "The Mormons" I would think not, because that's more than the organization itself.

Erainor
Dec 30, 2017

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Hello Hello!

Found this thread from a fan and I've been a huge fan of the show forever. A question if I may? What's a good score on the practice Jeopardy online quiz. Curious how my 17/30 stacks up.

Cheers internet!

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

fruit on the bottom posted:

I don’t really like those categories where you have to figure out the word inside the word. Or rather I do but I wish I had more time to figure them out. Last night wasn’t that bad though.

Those categories are OK when they give you the one word all the clues are based on, this one where you had to both find the inside word and figure out which word you were supposed to be thinking about in the first place was a bit much.

Erainor posted:

Hello Hello!

Found this thread from a fan and I've been a huge fan of the show forever. A question if I may? What's a good score on the practice Jeopardy online quiz. Curious how my 17/30 stacks up.

Cheers internet!

On the annual contestant search quizzes, it's not officially acknowledged but generally believed that the point where you have a real shot at landing an invitation is 35/50.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
speaking of which, isn't it getting to be about testing time?

InsensitiveSeaBass
Apr 1, 2008

You're entering a realm which is unusual. Maybe it's magic, or contains some kind of monster... The second one. Prepare to enter The Scary Door.
Nap Ghost

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

That was a couple months ago. Seems to be on a rolling basis now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

Gene Hackman Fan posted:

InsensitiveSeaBass posted:

That was a couple months ago. Seems to be on a rolling basis now.

Yeah, last test was back in May, IIRC. Used to be around the same time every year, around the end/beginning of the year or so, but they've kinda switched it up lately. I remember a couple years back the test was in October, right around NYCC time, so I guess Sony Pictures will schedule another one when they need more contestants in the pool.

Haven't heard any scuttlebutt about another test online at all either, and the Jeopardy contestant network would be all on that if another was announced.