Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Everybody's Golf rules.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Not everybody can be a golfer, but a golfer can come from anywhere

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

I got the VR helmet thing.

First report:

You have to use a long cord, is not wireless, is understandable.

As soon is setup the ps4 give you access to "VR Room" or whatever is called. Tiny great game with tiny great games inside.

The 3D effect is simple awesome. You want to touch all the things. It really works. I have some problems starting to play (I am glass user) but once you are in the game, you just forget about the setup. So great, so nice.

I have started everything VR free I have access so I can play all the things in VR.

I will probably have to buy the move controller later because is absolutely weird to feel inside in the world, but without hands.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Just tried EG the other day cause I had a free Redbox rental and not enough time to finish something like Lost Legacy in a day so I thought of it as a demo. I liked the basic mechanics but is it that grindy the whole way? Played those nine holes like ten times before I got the back half of the course and still driving like 220.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I will draw one static avatar request for someone who is willing to trade for a working PSN 20% off coupon.

I know I want to get Assassin’s Creed Oranges but I’m also considering FFVX for 30 dollars mostly because I want to try comrades as well as the regular game for an extra 10 bucks. I almost want to go ahead and pre order monster hunters world but might wait to see how many of my friends buy it.

How are goonpinions of the telltale batmans? If I liked Wolf Among Us and Borderlands will I like this? Both seasons for 16 dollars looks like a decent deal.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Post your Computer Management screen if you're so convinced of being right about every hard drive manufacturer deceiving customers.

Random Stranger posted:

I literally just finished a microprocessor design class. If some rear end in a top hat tried to do addressing in base-10 I would have hunted them down and strangled them.

It's easier to handle, and drive manufacturers aren't going to switch. Apple did nothing wrong.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

No one cares

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Sakurazuka posted:

No one cares

I do.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

SamuraiPaul posted:

I will draw one static avatar request for someone who is willing to trade for a working PSN 20% off coupon.

I know I want to get Assassin’s Creed Oranges but I’m also considering FFVX for 30 dollars mostly because I want to try comrades as well as the regular game for an extra 10 bucks. I almost want to go ahead and pre order monster hunters world but might wait to see how many of my friends buy it.

How are goonpinions of the telltale batmans? If I liked Wolf Among Us and Borderlands will I like this? Both seasons for 16 dollars looks like a decent deal.

FFXV is good. You'll be happy with it at that price and with all the content they've added.

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Guillermus posted:

There are 3Tb Toshiba ones for 100€ (laptop external usb 3.0) so yeah.

If height isn't an issue (because you're using it externally), 5 TB drives are even available in 2.5" format.

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

FFXV is good. You'll be happy with it at that price and with all the content they've added.

Yea but I’ll be even happier if I get an extra 20% off on top of that :shittydog:

:shittydog:It is a crime that this great dog smiley is called “shittydog” :shittydog:

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

SamuraiPaul posted:

Yea but I’ll be even happier if I get an extra 20% off on top of that :shittydog:

:shittydog:It is a crime that this great dog smiley is called “shittydog” :shittydog:

Yes, but can you invert x on that :shittydog:

SamuraiPaul
Oct 9, 2005

Blowin' up da moon.
I think there’s a boss fight in undertale that actually does invert the heart for a brief period, right?

vvvvvv undertale is good, snacky. Get undertale. It keeps my vita alive. vvvvvvvvv

SamuraiPaul fucked around with this message at 22:34 on Dec 22, 2017

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I still need to play that. :sigh:

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
What the gently caress is up with this pricing?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Isn't Undertale like 5 bux right now? These sales are killing me I've gone so loving buckwild buying games the last few months.

Olive! posted:

Welcome to PSN! This is why I buy discs.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
*runs into thread*

Inquisition is cool and good and has fun companions and a nice HQ and the DLC both fixes the main quest and tweaks the combat in some dece ways

*leaps out of thread*

BisterdDave
Apr 21, 2004

Slitzweitz!

I just got my 100th platinum trophy the other day. We should all strive to be more like Hakoom.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

veni veni veni posted:

Hmm, it's not available to order from Gamestop. Well, at least there's the same deal through the Square-Enix site--

Fuuuuck.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Wolfsheim posted:

*runs into thread*

Inquisition is cool and good and has fun companions and a nice HQ and the DLC both fixes the main quest and tweaks the combat in some dece ways

*leaps out of thread*

You listed the bloated, labyrinthine base as a plus?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Friendship ended with everyone. Now Hakoom is own best friend

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

The ball was the one thing I really liked about Inquisition.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Cross posted from the VR thread because this deal is ridiculous and down to 3 remaining.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Shows 250 for me?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

Shows 250 for me?

Weird. Are you in the US? Shows up fine at 179 for me. I don't even have a WalMart acct to log in to or anything.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

veni veni veni posted:

Weird. Are you in the US? Shows up fine at 179 for me. I don't even have a WalMart acct to log in to or anything.

US. 243.59 4 left. I thi k there's been an error in your favor.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Rinkles posted:

The ball was the one thing I really liked about Inquisition.

I was going to give up on the game till I started this part. Thinking about it now, one of the reasons TW3 is great is because it's filled with this stuff. For DA:I, it was a lone oasis in a desert of mediocrity.

e:I'll mention I haven't touched Trespasser

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Olive! posted:

They want to get rid of the physical good sitting around taking up room in their warehouse?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Rinkles posted:

You listed the bloated, labyrinthine base as a plus?

Much like shard hunting, it's a lot more fun to go "hey what's over there that could be neat" than to try and scour everything in the hopes of 100%ing it.

Admittedly this same idea is how I ended up skipping over half of the optional regions, but I might have had a better experience for it.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Bombadilillo posted:

US. 243.59 4 left. I thi k there's been an error in your favor.

hmmm. Weird. Showing 4 for me now, but still 179

What's everyone else seeing?

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Wolfsheim posted:

Much like shard hunting, it's a lot more fun to go "hey what's over there that could be neat" than to try and scour everything in the hopes of 100%ing it.

Admittedly this same idea is how I ended up skipping over half of the optional regions, but I might have had a better experience for it.

It needlessly made talking to finding companions, doing war table stuff, etc. a loving pain.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't remember that stuff being hard to get to

the phone game timer war table quests were dumb tho

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

Manatee Cannon posted:

I don't remember that stuff being hard to get to

the phone game timer war table quests were dumb tho

Well I do.

The dumbest thing about the war table was having to return to base to update your progress.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Theres a app called "Lens", that is a 3D video viewer. Somebody recorded videos in 360 degress, so you can move your head around, and it feel like being in the place. I was loving :-OOOOO watching a pair of ballet dancers, then some samba dancer, then wild animals. This thing is loving lit.

Edit:
I will find the vr thread for more vr awesomeness.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
I liked Inquisition (aside from major pacing issues like Hinterlands), but -----Vivienne----- not being romanceable is clearly a big negative that I can totally understand will turn people away from the game. :colbert:

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Just out of curiosity, hows Destiny 1 population right now? With all the people bouncing off Destiny 2, did the first one recover some?

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Guillermus posted:

Just out of curiosity, hows Destiny 1 population right now? With all the people bouncing off Destiny 2, did the first one recover some?

Everyone describe it has healthy. Depending on your timezone / area you may even get better matchmaking times. Only problem is that you will find a younger playerbase (or so they say).

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Oh, not an issue. I only have one char and it isn't geared enough for endgame raiding anyways but I might install it again once I buy an external HDD to house a bunch of games.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

veni veni veni posted:

Isn't Undertale like 5 bux right now? These sales are killing me I've gone so loving buckwild buying games the last few months.

Net Neutrality going up in flames basically confirms that I will continue to mostly play single player disc-based games for the rest of time. And it looks like Sony is content on provided that so...

....gently caress digital?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

yo so what's up with Monster Hunter and should I look it and do I jump on the hype train? I just keep thinking of Monster Rancher and putting every disc in the house into my ps1 to get a dope dude. Never played a MH nor do I know what all the game entails