Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
zoss appears to be unaware of allison's behavior being under the influence of incubus

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Tollymain posted:

zoss appears to be unaware of allison's behavior being under the influence of incubus

Dunno, I can see his attitude being the same regardless of whether he knows about Inky's deal or not. Disappointment at who Alice-Un decides to be will not be changed by what path she took to become like this.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Rigged Death Trap posted:

That would be cliche and sucky

Oh I don't think it's likely and I'd prefer it didn't happen (not a big fan of stories with time travel reveals), but it occurred to me so I threw it out there.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

I like that Infinite Master of the Cosmos Zoss gets Allison's name wrong. Lends credence to my theory that he butterfingered giving the key to Zaid and he's trying to play it off as cool and intentional.

It's also way more appropriate for Allison to seize the unintended opportunity and become Royalty rather than be handed it by destiny.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

I hate seeing Allison disappointing space dad like this

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Zoss' disapproval is a good sign.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Bilirubin posted:

I hate seeing Allison disappointing space dad like this

When you grow up you realize all space dads are disappointing.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

I'd much prefer she disappoint Incubus than Zoss.
Especially since the only thing Zoss has told her to do is grasp power without being a massive jerk, which is marginally better than 'grasp power, period'
Also he seems capable of admitting he made a mistake (his entire ruling the universe ended up in a bad way) which is real rare among Royalty

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Precambrian posted:

I like that Infinite Master of the Cosmos Zoss gets Allison's name wrong. Lends credence to my theory that he butterfingered giving the key to Zaid and he's trying to play it off as cool and intentional.

Excuse me her name is Kill Six Billion Demons.

But yeah, it's understandable in the setting; postfixing names with -Un as an honorific is a thing, so he assumed she was Alice-Un. But it does imply he never actually figured out who she was before keying her head.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Joe Slowboat posted:

Also he seems capable of admitting he made a mistake (his entire ruling the universe ended up in a bad way) which is real rare among Royalty

If anything, it seems counter to the idea of Royalty. Which is probably what makes it true Royalty.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

MikeJF posted:

Excuse me her name is Kill Six Billion Demons.

But yeah, it's understandable in the setting; postfixing names with -Un as an honorific is a thing, so he assumed she was Alice-Un. But it does imply he never actually figured out who she was before keying her head.

Whatever his selection process was, it never crossed my mind it might have involved reading a detailed biography

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
AL-YIS-UN

0 Kill Six Billion Demons

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Tenebrais posted:

If anything, it seems counter to the idea of Royalty. Which is probably what makes it true Royalty.

I think this points to the issue where Royalty means cosmic power, but not really good leadership.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

"leadership" doesn't really enter into the picture here, the universe never needed anyone to run it. Control is innately selfish and parasitic.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/943980419376078848

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Cio is not invited back to the Christmas party next year.

australiar
Dec 21, 2017

by Smythe
cio :kimchi:

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cio is one drunken moment of poorly-thought-out inspiration away from dangling some mistletoe over allison's head

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Allison is leaning pretty Khornish to have the eight-pointed star.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

VanSandman posted:

It's a wheel.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

VanSandman posted:

khorne has the skull rune!! the star is chaos undivided!!!! god

but yeah it's a wheel. sadly not a weird undead wheel pushed by skeletons and wielded by a thorned ex-angel

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

And Cio has a Bismuth. I assume she's a Gunnerkrigg fan.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

Whatever his selection process was, it never crossed my mind it might have involved reading a detailed biography

I thought he might have, like, watched her creepily or something.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
The wheel represents the Noble Eightfold Path in Buddhism, but what's the K6BD equivalent?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

White Coke posted:

The wheel represents the Noble Eightfold Path in Buddhism, but what's the K6BD equivalent?
If you meet the Buddha on the road, hit him with it.

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

That's weird, all I see on her cup is the letter "I".

Metoron
Jun 5, 2006
Hurm.

MikeJF posted:

And Cio has a Bismuth. I assume she's a Gunnerkrigg fan.

I think it's more likely to be the chaos rune from Glorantha since Abaddon is precisely the kind of tabletop nerd to make that connection.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Argrath is probably Royalty, and Harrek is definitely Royalty.

Precambrian
Apr 30, 2008

Harrek ain't Royalty, he's just the best at killing. One of the other Heroes of the age comments that the worst Harrek can do to him is kill him, and he's already personally fought his way out of hell before.

Arkat, though, is Royalty because Gbaji is Royalty.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Precambrian posted:

Harrek ain't Royalty, he's just the best at killing. One of the other Heroes of the age comments that the worst Harrek can do to him is kill him, and he's already personally fought his way out of hell before.

Arkat, though, is Royalty because Gbaji is Royalty.

Harrek killed his own god and enslaved it, its pelt keeps him warm. He is his own father and mother, neither man nor beast, nor mortal or god. He has come to break the world so it can take a new shape.

Harrek never really killed anyone (who mattered) permanently because he didn't care. He's here to plunder and be a pirate, not to conquer poo poo.

President Ark
May 16, 2010

:iiam:
pretty much any illuminated character is royalty

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

PMush Perfect posted:

If you meet the Buddha on the road, hit him with it.

Hit the Buddha with the Buddha, you say :thunk:

I think we can make that work.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Archenteron posted:

I believe the original intention was, "hit the Buddha with the road", but it is likely all sufficiently psychotic shows of determination and force lead to royalty.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

wiegieman posted:

Argrath is probably Royalty, and Harrek is definitely Royalty.

What about Sheng Seleris?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Archenteron posted:

Stop enlightening yourself, stop enlightening yourself, stop enlightening yourself

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Schwarzwald posted:

it is somewhat wheel shaped

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

PMush Perfect posted:

Stop enlightening yourself, stop enlightening yourself, stop enlightening yourself

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

It's a wheel.

Look at it sideways, and you can see the Tower.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
The panel where Cio gets her bug-eyed glasses back is going to own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Fister Roboto posted:

Look at it sideways, and you can see the Tower.

We get it you vape played Morrowind.