Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
de curry GOAT
Oct 23, 2005

Klopp in...?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

The loving most Arsenal of performances Jesus gently caress

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

Maybe we scrap a draw out of this but that doesn't excuse this collapse.

And again, it's happened over and over again and there's absolutely zero sign of Klopp knowing how to fix it. If he can't fix the glaring problems why is he given a free pass

But lol EvilHawk meltdown Klopp out
Its because you sound like every plastic that demands that their managed get sacked after a run of poor form.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Latinx posted:

Klopp in...?

Klopp and Wenger should stand in the centre circle and do the hokey kokey on full time.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Firmino scored halfway through this but I'm still mad

tarbrush posted:

It's his fault for not replacing Mignolet the moment he walked in the door, he's done nothing wrong tactically today.

Today has been exactly the same tactics as it was against Sevilla and as it was against Bournemouth. Go up a couple of goals, concede one, then do absolutely nothing to control the game. We were still trying to nick the ball away and break on the counter. Why couldn't we just sit in and play it safe? Arsenal had their tails up and were coming at us. Keep it calm and control the pace of the game a little and snuff out the excitement.

We can do it occasionally so I know the players are capable. Why can't Klopp get them to do it every time?

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
i always believed in my best team, the liverpool redbirds

Wengy
Feb 6, 2008

loving hell, I just want ONE christmas miracle, come on. loving Cech.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Its because you sound like every plastic that demands that their managed get sacked after a run of poor form.

I really don't care if you think I'm a plastic or not. Even if it were true (it's not, thanks) then does it change the fact that we collapse like this so often? Again, it's not this particular game, it's not this particular run of form, it's a consistent pattern of mistakes and poor decision making.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

EvilHawk posted:

Today has been exactly the same tactics as it was against Sevilla and as it was against Bournemouth. Go up a couple of goals, concede one, then do absolutely nothing to control the game. We were still trying to nick the ball away and break on the counter. Why couldn't we just sit in and play it safe? Arsenal had their tails up and were coming at us. Keep it calm and control the pace of the game a little and snuff out the excitement.

We can do it occasionally so I know the players are capable. Why can't Klopp get them to do it every time?

Xhaka shot from 30 yards as Arsenal had had no penetration for the entire game. It was their second shot on target. You can't dominate the ball all the time away to decent side.

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Wengy posted:

loving hell, I just want ONE christmas miracle, come on. loving Cech.

You got 3!

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

stfu

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
Otoh, right now, yes, he should make a change to shore things up.

Ciprian Maricon
Feb 27, 2006

I'm melting down

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
i'm melting up because arsenal were down two goals to liverpool and looked like total rear end but somehow are now tied

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

Xhaka shot from 30 yards as Arsenal had had no penetration for the entire game. It was their second shot on target. You can't dominate the ball all the time away to decent side.

You can actually try and pass the ball around the midfield instead of constantly trying to nick it and break away. It looks lovely when it works but it doesn't work all the time. Klopp (or the players) doesn't seem to know when that time is.

Sorry I forgot talking about football was not allowed on this, the forum to talk about football

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

Sorry I forgot talking about football was not allowed on this, the forum to talk about football

you can talk all you want just calling you out for sounding dumb, it's not tactics at all its the quality of liverpools defenders and gk... simple as that.

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

hey guys what is happening in this thread

EvilHawk posted:

You can actually try and pass the ball around the midfield instead of constantly trying to nick it and break away. It looks lovely when it works but it doesn't work all the time. Klopp (or the players) doesn't seem to know when that time is.

I too am mad that liverpool's midfield didn't spend 45 minutes playing keep-ball with themselves

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

you can talk all you want just calling you out for sounding dumb, it's not tactics at all its the quality of liverpools defenders and gk... simple as that.

Which is....

Wait, that's Klopp's job! Holy poo poo!

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO

EvilHawk posted:

Which is....

And as pointed out, I'm blaming him for that.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

EvilHawk posted:

Which is....

he's working with what he's got right now, the windows open soon, it'll be ok buddy

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
loving hell fire Mignolet into the sun

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

ozmunkeh posted:

I too am mad that liverpool's midfield didn't spend 45 minutes playing keep-ball with themselves

Not 45 minutes for fucks sake stop being disingenuous. All I'm asking for is 5-10 minutes to calm the game down. Take the life out of Arsenal's fans who remembered they were at a football game for once. Frustrate Wilshere and Ozil who were running the show. give the players a chance to rest.

Other teams are capable of this. We're capable of this. We don't do it.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
This is a good change.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

T Bowl posted:

he's working with what he's got right now, the windows open soon, it'll be ok buddy

He's not bought a centre back since Klavan.

He's not bought a goalkeeper since Karius.

I don't have the belief you have any more.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
maybe liverpool shoulda waited for pep lol

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
daniel welbeck on to have a run around

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

He's not bought a centre back since Klavan.

He's not bought a goalkeeper since Karius.

I don't have the belief you have any more.
Alright. Who would you bring in as a replacement.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY

Gorn Myson posted:

i hear hummels worked with klopp once he should sign him up

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

this is all building up to a 90th minute ox winner. watch arsenal score as i type this

Kitsunegari
Aug 5, 2013
gently caress Arsenal but gently caress Mignolet also

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

I don't know but why does that mean I can't say he's making mistakes?

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
if ox scores i wont touch myself for a month

ozmunkeh
Feb 28, 2008

Kitsunegari posted:

gently caress Arsenal but gently caress Mignolet also

This is basically spot on here.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Beef Wellington transfer to oven is a done deal

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

EvilHawk posted:

I don't know but why does that mean I can't say he's making mistakes?
Thats obvious but I'm not going "btw he should be sacked".

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Theodore Walcott on to have a run around

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Gorn Myson posted:

Thats obvious but I'm not going "btw he should be sacked".

So how long does he get?

Seriously asking, at what point would you say he should no longer be Liverpool manager?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

paddyboat posted:

Beef Wellington transfer to oven is a done deal

nice

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

CHOO CHOO
On the up side, the ref's been excellent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

tarbrush posted:

On the up side, the ref's been excellent

Few dodgy decisions but nothing particularly egregious.

• Locked thread