Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

nopantsjack posted:

i dont really get the automation problem, its blatantly obvious that if work can be automated then we just shouldnt work as much

*in CEO voice*
those who do not work do not eat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Marxist-Jezzinist posted:

*in CEO voice*
those who do not work do not eat

hungry af voice: rich on paper, rich in flavor

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

nopantsjack posted:

i dont really get the automation problem, its blatantly obvious that if work can be automated then we just shouldnt work as much

there i solved it

obviously thats not what these people want but they look stupid not just taking the obvious option

in our luxury gay fully automated space communism what will people do for their minimum wage?>?>???

its quite amazing that we live in a world where automating poo poo rear end jobs no one wants is a problem

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

Bryter posted:

Yeah but even dumber because the British tech industry doesn't remotely approach anything resembling even a shadow of silicon valley

I dunno, The Guardian just ran an article about food insecurity in Silicon Valley running as high as 25%

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

babypolis posted:

its quite amazing that we live in a world where automating poo poo rear end jobs no one wants is a problem

it's like people don't even realize that there is plenty of work to be done that isn't done now because it dosen't generate a profit. :thunk:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/22/diana-abbott-asks-for-explanation-over-denied-access-to-yarls-wood

Yarl’s Wood, where foreign nationals are detained before being deported, faced criticism last month after the chief inspector of prisons, Peter Clarke, said he had found increasing numbers of women held there despite evidence they were victims of torture, rape and trafficking.

Clarke said he was concerned to find that the Home Office had refused to accept that rape came within the legal definition of torture.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

bump_fn posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/22/diana-abbott-asks-for-explanation-over-denied-access-to-yarls-wood

Yarl’s Wood, where foreign nationals are detained before being deported, faced criticism last month after the chief inspector of prisons, Peter Clarke, said he had found increasing numbers of women held there despite evidence they were victims of torture, rape and trafficking.

Clarke said he was concerned to find that the Home Office had refused to accept that rape came within the legal definition of torture.

the courts will rule against the home office here and they will still keep doing it because Welcome to Fascism

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

the courts will rule against the home office here and they will still keep doing it because Welcome to Fascism

u misspelled liberalism there at the end

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

nopantsjack posted:

there i solved it

obviously thats not what these people want but they look stupid not just taking the obvious option

in our luxury gay fully automated space communism what will people do for their minimum wage?>?>???

Be harvested for organs.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/neonwario/status/943502314131939329

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/944228603855802370

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
some old guys went to a pub and reddit is going crazzzzzy

pretty sure not one of these guys has been to Afghanistan #stolenvalor

TomViolence
Feb 19, 2013

PLEASE ASK ABOUT MY 80,000 WORD WALLACE AND GROMIT SLASH FICTION. PLEASE.

maskenfreiheit posted:

some old guys went to a pub and reddit is going crazzzzzy

pretty sure not one of these guys has been to Afghanistan #stolenvalor

I'd love to play dominoes with those old fellas.

That is I'd like to push one of them over and see if he can start a chain reaction that knocks over the rest.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Justice was served.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I had a dream last night that I was watching some kind of british news live on tv and they cut in to announce that Jacob Rees Mogg was being made leader of the conservative party and PM.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
please don't share your wet dreams, tia

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
any of you watched this cool british show called "peep show"?

it's pretty funny!

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

hakimashou posted:

I had a dream last night that I was watching some kind of british news live on tv and they cut in to announce that Jacob Rees Mogg was being made leader of the conservative party and PM.

Seek psychiatric help.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
your country has been circling the drain since thatcher privatized the ministry of sound

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 11 hours!

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I'm kind of miffed that the internet rat/meme people are appropriating and ruining Jacob Rees-Mogg. I was introduced to him through the british Ali G show when he interviewed him and I just though wow, this guy is amazing. He also had some great speech in parliament about how the monarch is the golden thread that holds the UK together, "not a cotton thread or a woolen thread, but a golden thread."

I think his attraction is proportional to how aloof he can stay from the debased and degenerate mire of real-world right wing people. As a living fossil he is awesome, the greatest living Englishman, but pulled back down to earth, he's just some politician on the bad guys team.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
that's a bad opinion

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

wouldn't want the real world to ruin your dumb idiot fantasy about inbred english aristos

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

I think like that and I'm American as hell

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

R. Mute posted:

wouldn't want the real world to ruin your dumb idiot fantasy about inbred english aristos

I know right?

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

hakimashou posted:

I'm kind of miffed that the internet rat/meme people are appropriating and ruining Jacob Rees-Mogg. I was introduced to him through the british Ali G show when he interviewed him and I just though wow, this guy is amazing. He also had some great speech in parliament about how the monarch is the golden thread that holds the UK together, "not a cotton thread or a woolen thread, but a golden thread."

I think his attraction is proportional to how aloof he can stay from the debased and degenerate mire of real-world right wing people. As a living fossil he is awesome, the greatest living Englishman, but pulled back down to earth, he's just some politician on the bad guys team.

gently caress off

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

gently caress off

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

id wager money that rees mogg has blindingly white thighs

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hakimashou posted:

Aaaaahahhahahahaha

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

hakimashou posted:

Hey in the UK do they have pauper plots

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

hakimashou posted:

man english people are hosed up

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Y'all are replying to a guy who's on the record wistfully musing on how nice it would have been if only the good nazis got into power in Germany in the thirties, just FYI.

Fallen Hamprince
Nov 12, 2016

https://twitter.com/gocketreen/status/944576691950706688

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

gently caress off

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Vnb2zrLUgk

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Sheng-Ji Yang posted:

man english people are hosed up

he's not one of ours thank christ

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I think it's worth pointing out that Rees-Mogg isn't even a real aristo, he's just wealthy. A member of the filthy middle class sucking up to his betters

E: his dad has a title he can't inherit

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

hahahahahah owned tory scum :allears:

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hakimashou posted:

pretty cool reddit copypasta you got there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

How does that work