Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"TEXT CHRIS. HEY BUDDY, WANT TO GRAB A BEER AFTER WORK? SEND."

*Co-worker enters* "Dude what the hell are you doing, everyone can hear you"

"SHHH IM STEALTH TEXTING"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

My uncle blew out his knee by jumping over a short fence instead of walking around it. He thought he was still in his 20s not 50s. Had to have ACL and MCL surgery and they didn't even fix it all on the first round of it. So in the spirit of the holidays I bought this great movie on DVD

If anyone else has any recommendations to poke more fun at him please go ahead.

Remind him that life is but the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of the cosmos and soon he will be dead and in a generation or two completely forgotten.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Remind him that life is but the blink of an eye in the grand scheme of the cosmos and soon he will be dead and in a generation or two completely forgotten.

Unless he murders someone incredibly famous, thus guaranteeing his own immortality.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004
Get him a pair of those spring stilts for the next time he wants to hop a fence.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

my trick w/r/t having to stealth text is to never, ever work in a job where someone feels like they have to babysit my phone usage

My job is high security clearance so people are paranoid about such things. But not paranoid enough to notice me talking to my watch.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I'll have to find a card that says that to include

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Digital Jedi posted:

I'll have to find a card that says that to include

Check the Existential Ennui section at the Hallmark store

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

SpartanIV posted:

I wanted one of these so bad when I was renting an old condo that had no kitchen storage. That's a nice looking one. Does it have the flour storage funnel inside it still?

Sadly not, but strangely enough there's an old flour sifter from a different Hoosier cabinet mounted up in the detached garage, which I'm going to clean up and mount in the new cabinet. I suspect that structure used to be original kitchen for the house.

It's also funny, the guy I bought it from lives pretty far away on the complete opposite side of town, and apparently he inherited the cabinet from his grandma, whose house was literally right down the road from me. I just love small coicidences :3:

For content, I just bought an annual membership plus one to Franklin Park Conservatory :woop:

E: Added photos from my trip there tonight for their holiday lights:

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 01:22 on Dec 19, 2017

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene
In anticipation of the Switch I'm getting for Christmas :dance:

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

My job is high security clearance so people are paranoid about such things. But not paranoid enough to notice me talking to my watch.

I mean if you don't leave every meeting early by shouting "KITT, get me out of here!" into your smartwatch and running out of the room, I can't really help you.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

I'll buy the extra copy you will invariably receive alongside your Switch come Christmas Day.

Chef Bourgeoisie
Oct 9, 2016

by Reene

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I'll buy the extra copy you will invariably receive alongside your Switch come Christmas Day.

Not a bad thought, but I have been assured that they are getting the Switch by itself, not as a bundle.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I bought a PS4 Pro to go with my new 4k OLED and the expansion for Horizon: Zero Dawn because the game is incredible. Highly recommend all of these things.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Chef Bourgeoisie posted:

This is my favorite game ever.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

big mean giraffe posted:

I bought a PS4 Pro to go with my new 4k OLED and the expansion for Horizon: Zero Dawn because the game is incredible. Highly recommend all of these things.

Oh whoah, I didn't know about the expansion... I thoroughly enjoyed Zero Dawn, almost certainly one of, if not ouright my favorite games of the year (even above Zelda and Mario Odessy). It's the expansion more storyline, or is it just junk like clothes and armor dlc?

advion
Jul 25, 2005

OSU_Matthew posted:

Oh whoah, I didn't know about the expansion... I thoroughly enjoyed Zero Dawn, almost certainly one of, if not ouright my favorite games of the year (even above Zelda and Mario Odessy). It's the expansion more storyline, or is it just junk like clothes and armor dlc?

Its an actual expansion not DLC. So storyline.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Rolo posted:

When it released, I watched the poo poo out of people streaming it on Twitch for a solid week or so. First time doing that.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

gschmidl posted:

I mean if you don't leave every meeting early by shouting "KITT, get me out of here!" into your smartwatch and running out of the room, I can't really help you.

It's probably no coincidence that I watched the poo poo out of that show as a kid and met Hasselhoff/Kitt at Universal Studios in 1988. I ignored Hasselhoff.

Ultimate Mango
Jan 18, 2005

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

It's probably no coincidence that I watched the poo poo out of that show as a kid and met Hasselhoff/Kitt at Universal Studios in 1988. I ignored Hasselhoff.

It wasnt really Hasselhoff.

For content: I bought Sushi lunch for my wife and her parents today. It was really really good, an impromptu splurge
Edit: drat Awful app wont load the picture

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Get your dumb uncle some moon shoes

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

No it actually was Hasselhoff, 100% sure. This was pre-Baywatch and after Knight Rider ended so he was somewhat of a nobody at the time.

khysanth
Jun 10, 2009

Still love you, Homar

Got a Switch and Mario Odyssey last night. Xmas present from my wife and me, to my wife and me.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

An Xbox One X. I got an absolutely insane deal on one. I have an Xbox One S right now that I just sold to a coworker. Excited to hook this up tonight and see some differences.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance

khysanth posted:

Got a Switch and Mario Odyssey last night. Xmas present from my wife and me, to my wife and me.

Mario Odyssey is SO good.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Picked up the PS4 pro Star Wars bundle for 379 tax free on base. Think it's a good deal.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rolo posted:

Is it better than

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaN0vyguor8

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Yep!

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

It's good but I'd definitely recommend finishing the main game before the DLC for unspecified reasons.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal
Recently picked up an LGB model train set for the tree!

I had forgotten just how stupidly fun model trains are... The little guy on the hand powered car pumps up and down while he runs down the track, and the crane car has a tiny little winch that actually works :3:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:wth: Too bad 350 is a bit too much to spend even if you get to play the best game in the world.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

An unauthorized first edition of the Fellowship of the Ring:

Marcus Aurelius denar:

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

I went nuts and decided to buy a liquid nitrogen dewar. Time to make some edible crazy frozen poo poo.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

That's loving cool. Just be really careful, please :ohdear:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Put your dick in it.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

1redflag posted:

That's loving cool. Just be really careful, please :ohdear:

I actually used it a fair bit in college lab work, so I have some experience with it. I've never used it for food though. I bought a 3 liter one so the size is pretty manageable for pouring.

knows a black guy
Jun 18, 2005

rockcity posted:

I went nuts and decided to buy a liquid nitrogen dewar. Time to make some edible crazy frozen poo poo.

Cool man! (No pun intended) Can you share cost, where you got it, and where you'll get it filled?

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

knows a black guy posted:

Cool man! (No pun intended) Can you share cost, where you got it, and where you'll get it filled?

I got it from the eBay store of Yeti Scientific. Cost was $165 for the 3L size. You can get liquid nitrogen from a lot of companies, most commonly Airgas. You just need an approved container to be able to buy it.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

rockcity posted:

What does it take to get that filled up? Also, you should make some liquid nitrogen ice cream and post the results itt, tia.

For content, I bought a drone the other day! Micro Center had a pricing error where the whole fly more kit for the DJI Spark was the same price as the drone itself, roughly half off the listed price. So I ran over and snagged one. The associate was really confused as to why the station price was different than the store price, but he gave it to me anyways, so I didn't ask too many questions.

Took it out after work and snapped a few photos of the sunset over the local metro parks, as well as the Christmas lights in the local park:

Tried messing around with it indoors, but wound up getting stuck dicking around with setup and failed firmware update nonsense for ages before finally launching it into the air, only to not be able to go anywhere because the proximity crash sensor was paralyzing movement indoors. Really my only accomplishment was the downdraft spraying packing peanuts all over the living room from a nearby box.

Catatron Prime has a new favorite as of 15:25 on Dec 23, 2017

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A copy of this.

This independent comic was released by established PNW comickeer Donna Barr for the 2017 winter season. The excerpts provided above are provided for academic purposes and for the sake of providing an informed review.

The art in this comic is quintessential modern Barr. I am especially impressed by the note on the endpage that explains this comic was done in freehand. There are very few artists who are able to draw elk, rhinoceroses, and most particularly these beautiful horses without so much as an underlying sketch. The animals are vivacious and expressive. Every page exemplifies her strong compositional sensibilities.

I was also taken by the non-linear structure in which case footprints may appear on the page prior. This zine can be enjoyed by any route the reader selects, even right-to-left, as may be more comfortable for those who are accustomed to Eastern comics. As such, there is a range of potential page orders and a reader can explore. The reader is free to find their preferred narrative mode.

The metaphors in this zine range from the familiar to the exotic. While everyone has seen a bear, it is not everyone who considers the unique perspective of the metaphorically Jewish rhinoceros. That said, there is a perhaps overly equine dimension to most of the animals we see. Though there are Jewish birds and fish, we are not given insight into the challenges of the Jewish invertebrate. That said, it is comforting that she remembered to be broad-based in this respect, as we often see a preponderance of mammals in "animal-metaphor" works such as Animal Farm and The Animals of Farthing Wood.

The binding is well-done for a small run comic. The printing is crisp and the yellow cover stock is sturdy. The construction of this zine means it can last without special handling instructions. The zine itself is 12 pages, not including the front and back (which present the title and the author information, respectively).

Animal Jews by Donna Barr, 2017

They're $2 ea plus s/h ($5 in the USA for any amount of zines I think) to donnabarr01@gmail.com if you would like a copy yourself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

:dukedog: