Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
https://twitter.com/BortlesFacts/status/943842234541191168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Shame Jon Bois isn't doing Breaking Madden anymore.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Starting work now on the celebratory parade

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Couldn't he just do leg presses if they're so freaked out over his back?

belt squats are my go to for people with bad backs. Front squats generally aren't an option for football players unless they want to do them banded, and none want to do the stupid arms crossed variety.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kVvVekWMuJA

There's a million ways to set them up. NFL gyms will have machines like the one above.

If you're at your gym, you can do this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hXd_nZ1ImYE

It's kind of a pain in the rear end to get set up, but if you've got a bad back they're perfect.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/GBstreetwise/status/944302553654812672

just a drunk driver, we get these everyday in wisconsin, move along

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Also pro read
http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21830588/the-cleveland-browns-winless-far-season

Hue Jackson is loving broken and we're seeing the melt down in the open now.

This article is insanely depressing

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/GBstreetwise/status/944302553654812672

just a drunk driver, we get these everyday in wisconsin, move along

Thought this was a Dom capers joke at first

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Chiefs in parking lots never end well.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
If I take the letter "L" out of steelers, it leaves Steeers. That's three e's in a row,
Is there any other team city/name where I can remove one letter and leave three of the same letter in a row? I'm scanning the list and not seeing any.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/944252992664064003

Lmao suuure

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
"London really cares about which side is right on american police brutality"

is anyone in nfl writing not a piece of poo poo

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
That letter was so misguided. The Ravens have been playing hard-to-watch football for most of the season. It was only... 2-3 weeks ago that their plodding offense and just-good-enough defense actually started putting out great plays. If his letter was "Hey, I know it's been tough, but we ARE ACTUALLY ENTERTAINING, AGAIN, AND WILL PROBABLY MAKE THE PLAYOFFS" I bet it would've drummed up some sales. Orrr... rich white people can just blame blacks getting uppity. gently caress this gay Earth
'

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Tae posted:

"London really cares about which side is right on american police brutality"

is anyone in nfl writing not a piece of poo poo

The Around the NFL podcast is four NfL.com writers who aren't afraid to call out the NFL for poo poo like this. I'm shocked it's still on the air after all the smack they've talked against the NFL Oligarchy

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Aww :unsmith:

quote:

This week, Jaguars fans sent trash cans to the Houston Texans defensive end after he called Jacksonville quarterback Blake Bortles "trash" following the teams' game last Sunday.

When the trash cans arrived at NRG Stadium on Friday, Clowney decided to fill them up with toys to donate to women and children in need.
https://twitter.com/clownejd/status/944315430109368320

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

he hired good PR people.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Drunk Nerds posted:

The Around the NFL podcast is four NfL.com writers who aren't afraid to call out the NFL for poo poo like this. I'm shocked it's still on the air after all the smack they've talked against the NFL Oligarchy

They're the best. It's like the podcast TFF wishes we could make.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

fsif posted:

They're the best. It's like the podcast TFF wishes we could make.

I could only imagine a TFF podcast ending up like GBS radio. Who would be our Kuuebbu?

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I could only imagine a TFF podcast ending up like GBS radio. Who would be our Kuuebbu?

There is a TFF podcast. Febreeze puts it on, I think it's called Intentional Grounding.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Febreeze is bigger than TFF these days. Fly away little Febreeze, be free.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Admin please change my name to Yoko Guerrero.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

he hired good PR people.

Yeah, he must've immediately hooked up with JJ Watt's guy.

And this is pretty much the perfect response.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I've been extremely wary of spamming links for our TFF/AQ non-profitable goon site, but I really think this is a good place for this weeks Hot Takes from Crazy People, where I comb the comments section of hundreds of NFL articles to find the most deplorable commenters

To summarize:

Gronk plays fair, simply because he doesn't use PED's.
The Eagles three championships don't count because... Dallas fans are awful
Typos are the antichrist.
Houston should draft a first-round QB

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Brady is going to look great in a Browns jersey.

I dont think kraft would let billy trade him, but does brady have a no-trade clause?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

^^^ He does not, but his contract is not exactly trade friendly, and what on earth could you possibly get in return that would make sense for a 40 year old playing as the presumptive MVP?

(mostly) Steelers miced up from the end of the game last Sunday:

https://twitter.com/NFL/status/944402515923124225

It's really amazing to watch how fast poo poo goes down in situations like that.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Belichick's obsession with situational football is no joke. It's amazing how teams so consistently poo poo themselves at the end of games against the Patriots.

purkey
Dec 5, 2003

I hate the 90s

A.o.D. posted:

he hired good PR people.

Probably, but who cares if some families get to have a good holiday out of it?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Belichick's obsession with situational football is no joke. It's amazing how teams so consistently poo poo themselves at the end of games against the Patriots.

Please correct me where I'm wrong, but a lot of these "whoops we hosed up against the Patriots in the end" boils down to "we had a super-secret trick play that OH MHY GOSH THE PATRIOTS GOT FILM ON IT EVEN THOUGH WE'VE ONLY RUN IT LIKE 4 TIMES." It's like teams don't learn that NE watches loving film.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Drunk Nerds posted:

Please correct me where I'm wrong, but a lot of these "whoops we hosed up against the Patriots in the end" boils down to "we had a super-secret trick play that OH MHY GOSH THE PATRIOTS GOT FILM ON IT EVEN THOUGH WE'VE ONLY RUN IT LIKE 4 TIMES." It's like teams don't learn that NE watches loving film.

The Patriots have successfully defended the fake spike in similar situations on several occasions. Not in such dramatic fashion but they don't get fooled by it.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Drunk Nerds posted:

There’s a difference between teams watching film and Bill Belichick having personally seen every single second of football ever recorded. Twice.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Ernie Adams is the guy who figures all that poo poo out

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
When was the last time a fake spike worked against anyone out of curiosity? I'm sure it has several times, I'm just drawing a blank off the top of my head since Marino.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

The Patriots have successfully defended the fake spike in similar situations on several occasions. Not in such dramatic fashion but they don't get fooled by it.

Right? I was goddamn shocked they pulled that nonsense. If you're beating NE one way... just stick with that drat way or at least DON'T RUN A lovely TRICK PLAY. Teams really do poo poo the drat bed, and its hilarious. Even as a guy who harbors a deep white heat against the Patriots, it's still freaking funny how they just diarrhea all over their well-laid plans in the final minute

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Grittybeard posted:

When was the last time a fake spike worked against anyone out of curiosity? I'm sure it has several times, I'm just drawing a blank off the top of my head since Marino.

I recall Rodgers using it to throw a TD to his tight end maybe... 3 years ago?

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Grittybeard posted:

Pats did it in 2010 against Miami but Moss dropped it.

He was traded a couple days later.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

I mean I've never played a snap of football in my life and I was looking for the fake snap, too. The Patriots are really lucky that their only rival in the AFC is headed by a man with the IQ of a pineapple.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Grittybeard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cf_m8b2nQsM

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Drunk Nerds posted:

I recall Rodgers using it to throw a TD to his tight end maybe... 3 years ago?

Against Miami of all teams :v:

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Grittybeard posted:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=roVsVhefoo4

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
^^--Oh and the Stafford one, but that's not really a direct comparison.

Something I'm noticing here is that every single one of these that works (other than one of the high school? or small college plays) is going to the outside and generally over the top. As in not a slant to the middle of the field where there will just naturally be more guys standing around who even if they are fooled have a better chance to recover.

So it appears to not just be dumb, but to be a badly designed dumb thing to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Matt Stafford fake spiked a TD sneak against the cowboys iirc.

Edit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HueNKkKvBAo

• Locked thread