Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Angry Grimace posted:

The best strategy is running into Storm players who don't get what they're doing or what's in their deck who waste your time and then time-out

The best is people who try to get you to time out when you're playing a slow deck by activating abilities that do nothing, or that wait 5-10 seconds before returning priority after every action, so when you win game one they're at 6 minutes on their clock and you're at 19 and you can just play to time them out by siding out all your win conditions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Anybody who thinks we should be nice about how we talk about insane bigots can suck my whole dick from the back, this buh buh buh you're doing the same thing both sides poo poo can gently caress right off

One side wants people to not be assholes and the other wants to be assholes. Being dicks in response is not an absurd or hypocritical idea. gently caress you.

sucking a whole dick is a reward not a punishment

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

mandatory lesbian posted:

sucking a whole dick is a reward not a punishment

this post, made by forums user mandatory lesbian

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rape is a crime, not a political statement, hth

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
But enough D&D in the mtg thread, lets just go back to whining about childrens card games

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

He may have paid his debt to society in general with the time he served, but according to the comprehensive rules 117.10 that payment only applies to one spell, ability, or effect. He would need to serve a separate prison sentence in planeswalker jail to be allowed play Magic.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
ogio metro

This is the bag my last job gave us for safety awards. I have 13 decks in it in ultra-pro flip boxes. In two of the side pockets, I have five bags, in the third is my plane cards from plane chase. The upper front pocket that says OGIO has room for headphones, charger, extra sleeves, and snacks. There’s a laptop/tablet pocket that loads from the side as well.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
CFB started doing in-video ads and gotta say, not sure i'm okay with it since it takes up a 4th of the friggin screen

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The Sexual Shiite posted:

ogio metro

This is the bag my last job gave us for safety awards. I have 13 decks in it in ultra-pro flip boxes. In two of the side pockets, I have five bags, in the third is my plane cards from plane chase. The upper front pocket that says OGIO has room for headphones, charger, extra sleeves, and snacks. There’s a laptop/tablet pocket that loads from the side as well.

See that is a nice bag. It sturdy while not being totally embarrassing to carry around. You can even use it for non magic things when you need to.

80s James Hetfield
Jan 20, 2004

METAL UP YOUR ASS

Sickening posted:

Legacy players help me find the best r/b legacy reanimator deck for the open next month.

I am leaning toward this but I don't have a loving clue.

https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/861999#paper

I have all the things. I am trying not to meme as its a team event, but my team does know that I have never played legacy outside regular rel.

Just play Lands

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

CFB started doing in-video ads and gotta say, not sure i'm okay with it since it takes up a 4th of the friggin screen

Which video?

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Which video?

the new lsv one

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

the new lsv one

Looks okay to me, especially if it's only during sideboarding

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Rinkles posted:

Looks okay to me, especially if it's only during sideboarding

okay yeah i guess i was being hyperbolic

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

ShadeofBlue posted:

I, with 3 others, am paying over $4500 per month (not a typo) for a 2 bedroom, 1200 square foot apartment in the SF Bay Area. To be fair we do also have 2 dogs.

Lol SF. I pay 2500 a month for a 1600 sqft loft in the South bay (LA metro area) and I thought I paid a lot.

On a magic note, I sleeved up Grixis DS and started playing it. Good deck. I think I will stick with it for a while.

Errant Gin Monks fucked around with this message at 17:41 on Dec 22, 2017

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
The moral of this story is to stab your landlord and their family in their hearts.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Star Man posted:

The moral of this story is to stab your landlord and their family in their hearts.

All threads are eventually thread drifting to acknowledge class war these days, and I'm glad of it.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Dec 22, 2017

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Lucky that I split a $1600 two bedroom mother-in-law in Seattle with easy access to two stores that have bars.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

All threads are eventually thread drifting to acknowledge class war these days, and I'm glad of it.

I only that magic players will find themselves against the wall too

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

okay yeah i guess i was being hyperbolic

i guess, it's been in a few videos and watching one with reid duke as he made a pitch for the site with no enthusiasm felt really loving bad to watch

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

rabidsquid posted:

i guess, it's been in a few videos and watching one with reid duke as he made a pitch for the site with no enthusiasm felt really loving bad to watch

Yeah, it's the combination. Bad enough they pepper 10-12 youtube ads (which fine, blocker, but not all computers I use have it), but now throwing in their own giant ad and forcing the players to do verbal pitches are grinding me to the point where it's not fun/interesting to watch them anymore.

They haven't even fixed where they put their watermark. (Hint: Bottom right is a dumb place to put it.)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

sit on my Facebook posted:

I only that magic players will find themselves against the wall too

Why wait? Be the change you want to see.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007

Sickening posted:

See that is a nice bag. It sturdy while not being totally embarrassing to carry around. You can even use it for non magic things when you need to.

I’d post in-use pictures, but I’m awful-iOS-app posting.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Star Man posted:

Why wait? Be the change you want to see.

Opponent casts Wall of Omens

Opponent casts Repeating Barrage

You have lost

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Dec 22, 2017

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Rolling Stones.dec is the new meta

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

OWLS! posted:

Rolling Stones.dec is the new meta

Please, Doran.dek is Junk in the Trunk (or Big Booty Abzan)

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Opponent casts Wall of Omens

Opponent casts Repeating Barrage

You have lost

There is nothing that dynamite and a manifesto can't solve.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
I feel like I'm following the same nerds around this forum. Hello tonetta, king cob web, and rabidthoooorin.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
R/W soul sisters vs ad nauseum can be a weird matchup. Game 1, I hit him into negatives with his Unlife out (he had to sit with three loutus an extra turn because he didn't have an enabler), he ad nauseum, plays lab man, opt, I path, he pacts, I path again, it sticks somehow. Opt still on the stack, he lightning storms me and ends up 2 damage short because I Field of Ruined him earlier.

Game 2 I play Stony and Blood Moon and beat him to death with nuns

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Announcing to the table you’re rare drafting Search for Azcanta is kind of funny.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
Ban lantern control out of modern immediately

This deck is aggressively unfun

Walked
Apr 14, 2003

No. I just got done foiling it :unsmith:

Don't ban it. it's the best but I am biased

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

It's a pretty crappy deck but easily beaten by a number of cards

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

The fastest round of magic I ever played was against lantern. Game 2 he dropped mox opal welding jar lantern of insight darkslick shores codex shredder t1 and I just scooped. Didn't care enough to try.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.

Modern is full of decks that don’t want you to play Magic where they’re “fair” in that if you have some silver bullet sideboard card you just destroy them. The result is largely that I don’t play much constructed because Standard is horrible right now. Which means I don’t ever win at Magic because limited is hard. Unless I’m forced to play the guy who doesn’t know how to play Magic which is far less fun than losing to the guy with a better deck imo. It’s kind of just a waste of my time.

If Lantern were top played deck they probably would ban it because it’s not any fun for anyone.

Angry Grimace fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 23, 2017

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE

Errant Gin Monks posted:

It's a pretty crappy deck but easily beaten by a number of cards

It's beatability has very little bearing on my general opinion of it

It's just the absolute bottom of quality of gameplay. It's like playing a video game where the goal is to make your computer crash

sit on my Facebook fucked around with this message at 05:47 on Dec 23, 2017

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!
At least lantern control is playing magic, you could have been playing vs dredge.

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug
I like that SCG published an article where they out and out state that they won’t have any standard opens until standard improves.

Firebatgyro
Dec 3, 2010
I just played T1: Mountain - Crypt -> zurgo + revoker
T2: Mountain -> hellrider
swing for 10

Holiday cube is the best

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

It's like playing a video game where the goal is to make your computer crash

I think I'd play the hell out of that game. PVP where the winner crashes the loser's computer? That's some Ultima Online poo poo.