Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Corrode posted:

Do you see any Ultramarines in those pictures my dude

E: tbh though looking at the relics again they're better than I remember.

Surprised you didn't take the special fist on the Capt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Uroboros posted:

Surprised you didn't take the special fist on the Capt.

Probably just habit from taking Pedro normally. The fist is good and I realised after that it could have been handy (although that dude didn't see a single combat).

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Corrode posted:

Do you see any Ultramarines in those pictures my dude

E: tbh though looking at the relics again they're better than I remember.

Wasn't having a go, also those are some sweet fists.

My only real complaint with the marine relics is the burning blade being 1 damage.

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I feel like the only really irredeemable one is the sniper bolt pistol.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
I'm running my Dork Angels against Tyranids tonight

Can't wait to see my friend's reaction when I deep-strike some Deathwing and use that Deathwing Assault stratagem to get an extra free shooting phase lmao

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

wanna see a nerd Space Marine chapter named this

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Hey with Only in Death Does Duty End do you only get to fight/shoot once (one smack/one shot) or do you essentially get a free fight/shoot phase before you die and can use all of your weapons as many times as you can

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

Hey with Only in Death Does Duty End do you only get to fight/shoot once (one smack/one shot) or do you essentially get a free fight/shoot phase before you die and can use all of your weapons as many times as you can

It says you can either fight as if it were the fight phase or shoot as if it were the shooting phase and makes no mention of limiting the number of attacks you get or anything. It's an entirely extra fight phase for most people's purposes and is a part of the way Blood Angels players are able to do 50+ damage in a turn with their captains.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Sick

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Der Waffle Mous posted:

I feel like the only really irredeemable one is the sniper bolt pistol.

The extra psychic power one is basically useless too.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.
I feel like 40k Dorn should be a very fancy helmet mounted to the back wrist of a detached Warlord powerfist crawling around like an enormous Thing from Addams family.

Semi-related, aren’t the Iron Hands ruled by a council of dreadnoughts? Has anyone modeled a dreadlist as that? Why hasn’t GW jumped on that with an IH upgrade sprue for dreads? You can just stick any old sarcophagus in a Redemptor, right?

If I wasn’t so committed to my nonsensical Metal Hurlant/RT-era concept for my Primaris I would absolutely be doing that.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

My Dork Angels creamed my friend's Tyranids today and it was glorious

He ceded the game after I took out his carnifex and the vast majority of his shrikes and I still had a full squad of Deathwing terminators and a full squad of Ravenwing bikers and a master and a whole tactical squad left while he only had a few rippers and a hive tyrant by turn 3

That Deathwing Assault stratagem is kind of useless unless you either have ten terminators or a source of re-rolls because that extra shooting phase basically only killed one more shrike and I did OK with rolling

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

I feel like 40k Dorn should be a very fancy helmet mounted to the back wrist of a detached Warlord powerfist crawling around like an enormous Thing from Addams family.

Semi-related, aren’t the Iron Hands ruled by a council of dreadnoughts? Has anyone modeled a dreadlist as that? Why hasn’t GW jumped on that with an IH upgrade sprue for dreads? You can just stick any old sarcophagus in a Redemptor, right?

If I wasn’t so committed to my nonsensical Metal Hurlant/RT-era concept for my Primaris I would absolutely be doing that.

I think the Redemptor kills the people you put in it, which Cawl didn't see as a downside.

So I wouldn't be putting the leaders of my chapter in them

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
According to the DA codex it's a particularly horrific death at that. So gently caress knows what Cawl did to the things.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
i thought I had a cool, unique color scheme for my Tyranids but I was looking through the paint app and it turns out I basically independently invented Hive Fleet Gorgon :(

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Yeah my friend basically independently created a Kraken color scheme (but with a little more orange) which is hilarious because Kraken is the fleet that he picked since it fits him and his shrike spam perfectly

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Black_Nexus posted:

I think the Redemptor kills the people you put in it, which Cawl didn't see as a downside.

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

According to the DA codex it's a particularly horrific death at that. So gently caress knows what Cawl did to the things.

Go on...

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Part of why the Redemptors fight with greater speed and strength is a result of the pilots being more thoroughly wired into the machine. But seeking that performance increase they didn't consider pilot health a factor. He's just another replaceable part.

quote:

"Many of those Redemptors that have fought for a sustained period have already had their sarcophagi replaced, their original pilots burned out by the intense demands of the machine's destructive prowess. It is, by all accounts, an excruciatingly painful way to die.

Black_Nexus
Mar 15, 2007

Nurgle loves ya
Cawl basically doesn't think of their lives as worth anything

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo

Are there any rules buried in some IA book for Imperator Titans?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

i thought I had a cool, unique color scheme for my Tyranids but I was looking through the paint app and it turns out I basically independently invented Hive Fleet Gorgon :(

Me too, but Hydra with more purple than blue. Who's to say that your hive fleet colors aren't a splinter hive fleet though? Same rules, doesn't matter the color.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Black_Nexus posted:

Cawl basically doesn't think of their lives as worth anything

adeptusmechanicus.txt

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Really proud of how my Inceptors came out, not so proud of my photo skills. How do you guys get the lighting down? Foldio box doesn’t really seem to help in the end.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Ooh those are excellent. Super clean job.

I'm also garbage at taking photos unfortunately, I need to get a proper set up instead of half-arsing it.

E: goons post ur painting area itt

Living Image fucked around with this message at 12:13 on Dec 23, 2017

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

Corrode posted:

Horrible and messy but at least it isn't a pixel hellworld. :v:

Bonus (?) the latest hams I did:

ToyotaThong
Oct 29, 2011

Corrode posted:

Pand posted:

Nah man, your painting area is rather orderly compared to mine.
I really do need to clean and organize my poo poo.

Bonus pic of a cross section of the various paint brands I use.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Pand posted:

Bonus (?) the latest hams I did:

No idea what happened there, it showed fine on my phone (both the original and imgur) then on my PC it was indeed pixel hellworld. Fixed now.

ToyotaThong posted:

Nah man, your painting area is rather orderly compared to mine.
I really do need to clean and organize my poo poo.

Bonus pic of a cross section of the various paint brands I use.

Some of these paint pots are older than I am. Do you find that you lose models and months later you move a pile of pots and you're like "aha, here's that cow I was painting!"

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Corrode posted:

goons post ur painting area itt

Paint side:

Cut side:

Whole side:

OhDearGodNo fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 23, 2017

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

OhDearGodNo posted:

Paint side:

Cut side:

Whole side:

Excuse me while I seethe with envy.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Artum posted:

DiHK
Feb 4, 2013

by Azathoth

Artum posted:

The "Craft Room" is a huge mess right now. My wife makes things and does shows and between the holiday shows and Xmas gear up its a flipping disaster in there right now.

Additionally, as we often need to be parents at the same time as wanting to work on things we drag our hobby into the dining room where my computer desk is. A lot of stuff is done there or on the dining table directly behind it.

bonds0097
Oct 23, 2010

I would cry but I don't think I can spare the moisture.
Pillbug
I guess we're doing this.

My office/painting room is a bit of a disaster. I have plans for improvement that include an L-Shaped standing desk that will occupy the back corner and replace the lame little round table I have.

I'd like to move the photo thing to its own little table.

One of my semi-sorted trashpiles of miniatures.

Airbrush station by the door, though I have not been venting in the winter cold.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
i assembled a thunder hammer/storm shield BA jump pack captain last night from the Sanguinary Guard, Assault Terminator and BA Upgrade sprues

it's amazing what he'll be able to do while being only 129 points

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Black_Nexus posted:

Oh. Leviathans it is, then. Don’t tell me *those* burn out their pilots too.

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Oh. Leviathans it is, then. Don’t tell me *those* burn out their pilots too.

They were the first one to do that. :buddy:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If the dread kills you can they just put you in another dread

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Guy Goodbody posted:

Likewise, I was hyped to paint my nids bone flesh and purple carapace...which is just Leviathan.

Still doing it, just making the flesh a shade darker so it's almost brown.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

It's almost like there's only a handful of excellent Tyranid color schemes and most people will converge towards them by default

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord
Random question, are the death guard characters (tallyman, putrifier, etc) on 32mm or 40mm bases? Going to make my own conversions instead of paying $25 per guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
My Blightspawn and Tallyman are on 40mm.