Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Evil Mastermind posted:

Speaking of jerks...

The Dinette Set asks questions it doesn't want the answer to.

I actually feel this way about French Vanilla. It's creamier and a great mixer for multi-scoop creations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shortspecialbus posted:

Humble Bundle had an e-book thing a few years back that had every bloom county book, or at least a significant number of them. Outland too, if I remember. That was quite the deal.

Sadly, the Library of American Comics collection is the only one with every daily and Sunday strip in it.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
That's a lot of comics, dang. Post the comics :randpop:, even if I don't quite have the same nostalgia.

Also Gilchrist has been brought up plenty, but Batiuk is REALLY trying to get up there being almost as awful.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

I wish Piraro didn't crank out several of these for every one that makes me laugh out loud. He has so much potential, and his older stuff is fantastic, but I wish he'd leave his veganism and other social stuff out of the comic. It's never handled with taste, I remember one supposedly pro-transgender one that was offensive as hell, and this one doesn't even have an original joke in it, it's the same as that lovely "I can't bring world peace, how about a football instead" crap that's been around forever.

Even Scott Adams is generally good about keeping his stupid political bullshit out of his strip.

I don't like it all that much in Baldo, because of how he handles it mostly, but I get why he's doing it and it makes a decent point, even if it's in a bit of a hamfisted way.

Tackling serious issues in the comics is not an easy thing to do well. For every Sally Forth (the recent arc, at least) we have 5 terrible attempts.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Manuel Calavera posted:

That's a lot of comics, dang. Post the comics :randpop:, even if I don't quite have the same nostalgia.

Don't worry, I'll post them.

I'm having to force myself from not posting anymore today. :ohdearsass: There's nine books to get through.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

shortspecialbus posted:

I wish Piraro didn't crank out several of these for every one that makes me laugh out loud.

You should see the comments on gocomics. Don't look, you know what they're like already.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

The full collection of Bloom County that's being posted is great because some of the original individual books had a lot of editing hackjobs done to them (including the 1985 collection excising most of the Banana Junior strips, which are a wonderful look back into 1980s computing).

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kazinsal posted:

The full collection of Bloom County that's being posted is great because some of the original individual books had a lot of editing hackjobs done to them (including the 1985 collection excising most of the Banana Junior strips, which are a wonderful look back into 1980s computing).

Be patient, though, I have all nine of the books, so even at a week at a time, it's gonna take a while.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
On the gocomics version of For Better or For Worse they've started coloring in the beard

http://www.gocomics.com/forbetterorforworse/2017/12/20

but it's not colored in on the FBORFW websight

https://fborfw.com/strip_fix/wednesday-december-20-2017/

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

I did it, I loving laughed out loud at a Foob.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Kittens do not work that way. Those things she's holding are squirrels.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Everyone you love will die and leave you alone! So alone! :grin:

Bonster posted:

Bloom County takes me back to my childhood. That and Calvin and Hobbes were my favorite strips, and I had all the collections.

God, I'm old.
Same here, but the funny thing is I don't think I got most of Bloom County at the time. I mostly just liked Opus and thought Bill the Cat was cool.

F Minus

Mark Trail

Oh no! His beard!

Mary Worth

Geez this storyline has become about the making of a serial killer.

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Put the mug down already!

Apartment 3-G

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Johnny Walker posted:

Mary Worth

Geez this storyline has become about the making of a serial killer.

Wilbur. WILBUR. Wilbur.

You can't just break up with someone on a whim, run off to travel the world for a year, and expect them to be exactly as they were when you left. People move on. You made this situation, now you have to deal with it.

...Maybe someone should start posting this storyline in the r/relationships thread.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Mary should break his jaw.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon
Ballard Street

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
Just think of the enormous economic possibilities should he succeed!

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Johnny Aztec posted:

Just think of the enormous economic possibilities should he succeed!

As the owner of two flightless dogs, I can verify this.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Is it too late to say "gently caress you Guy Gilchrist" or will I have to wait until he does something to deserve it tomorrow?

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

treasureplane posted:

Barney Google (May 18, 1923)

Whoa, there's a punchline I didn't expect to see in 1923.

FrumpleOrz
Feb 12, 2014

Perhaps you have not been to the *Playground*.
The *Playground* is for Taalo and for Orz, but *Campers* can go.
It more fun than several.
You can go there for too much fun.
The Lockhorns

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

On The Fastrack

Safe Havens

Kevin & Kell

Mother Goose & Grimm

Hagar The Horrible

Old New Yorker Cartoons

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Intelligent Life

Take It From the Tinkersons

Dark Side of the Horse

Viivi & Wagner

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Is the lovely hacker man in On The Fastrack meant to be wearing goggles/glasses or does he have Adam jensen style facial implants

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Cicadalek posted:

Is the lovely hacker man in On The Fastrack meant to be wearing goggles/glasses or does he have Adam jensen style facial implants

whichever is less funny.

ukonvasara
Aug 16, 2012

a mixture of gravity and waggery
"Humans can't be sorted into binaries!" she says, sitting at a computer doing literally that

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

FrumpleOrz posted:

Brewster Rockit Space Guy

Simpsons did it.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
One Big Happy

I had a friend in high school who went looking for his presents in his parents' closet. His father caught him and as punishment, took all of his presents and gave them to charity. He then took the Christmas tree, decorations and all, and put it in the trash.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Man, I'm right here. I don't have a story like that though.

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Rose is rose is a fully deterministic universe. God made them that pathetic on purpose.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

:3:

Ok, now it can be Christmas!

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Manuel Calavera posted:

Rose is Rose

Foob

I can't believe I'm doing this because the last thing this world needs is more of these two comics but these were yesterday's.
:neckbeard:

F Minus

Mark Trail

I know this guy is supposed to be some kind of scary badass but I just can't take him seriously.

Mary Worth

"Hahaha! Oh, Wilbur, no you aren't."

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

I love it when they play around with how sure Poncho is of his superiority in this comic.

Rex Morgan MD

Apartment 3-G

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

Moomin and the Sea Page 5

Page 6

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Bloom County

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set can see the writing on the wall.

Working Daze gets under your skin.

Super-Fun-Pak Comix switches decades.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Today's Garf

Zippy

Ripley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Evil Mastermind posted:

Working Daze gets under your skin.

That's not being a geek. That's being an insufferable gatekeeping fun-hating nerd of the "Well, actually" variety. We don't need more of those.

Lots of bitching in the comments that this is a lame proposal, but come on. This isn't a first marriage for either one and they're both persons of A Certain Age. Sometimes a chill "we like being together, how about we make it official" is fine.

Commenters also seems to spend a lot of time blaming Gunther's mom for her and Gunther's relationship. Like she babies him and can't let him go and he's this baby bird trying to fly and she keeps dragging him back in against his will and I just don't see it. She does baby him, but he's the incesty one who refuses to drag his rear end out of the nest. But whatevs, just like with Brad and Toni, all problems are the woman's fault.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
If Gunther's full name really is Gunther Berger no wonder he got bullied all the time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Calaveron posted:

If Gunther's full name really is Gunther Berger no wonder he got bullied all the time

Gunther deserved it

• Locked thread