Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

assasins creed is not on switch i dont think

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Avalanche
Feb 2, 2007
MGS5 battle royale might be cool with the way that game handles inventory management but Konami already hosed up and is releasing some tower survival zombie game based on Kojima's old engine

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Switch couldn't handle AC 1 let alone Origins.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

cromulent espionage action!

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Horizon 3 or Forza 7?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

Horizon 3 is really cool, as is the Hot Wheels add on.

It’s also getting One X support soon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Horizon 3 or Forza 7?

Arcade open world racer sans lootboxes

Vs

Serious racing sim and lotsa lootboxes

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I was playing ori today and the game just stopped went to its title menu and tried to log into xbl out of nowhere and i lost a lot of progress. Great system.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Horizon 3 or Forza 7?

I bought Forza 7 when I picked up my XBonx. The only other Forza game I ever played was the original for the Xbox and Forza 2 for the 360.I was hoping this game was a lot like the others I'd played. It's not really and honestly pretty underwhelming. I say this as someone who has a triple monitor setup on my PC so I can pretend to be a jet pilot or race car driver. Forza 7 kind of rides a weird line where it's not a fun pick up and play racing game and it's not serious enough to warrant spending hours learning each track before your race to ensure you shave hundredths of a second off your lap times. It looks pretty but feel soul less. Add the constant prompts to spend your virtual currency on loot boxes and I regret buying the game.

Hekk fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Dec 26, 2017

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
People go nuts over the lootboxes. There aren't any constant prompts to buy lootboxes. The only reason why I even remember there are loot boxes is because people keep mentioning them. That said, Forza 7 isn't super great. It isn't a big jump from 6, and it makes some things worse. The series hasn't been able to reach the pinnacle of Forza 4, which is sad because it could easily do that if Turn 10 weren't trying to do a bunch of stupid poo poo.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

Yeah it seems like the best option right now is just pick up 6 if you haven't played it. If you like fun and a little more casual, the horizon series is for you. The only redeeming quality of F7 is to look nice on your Xbox one x and hopefully horizon 3 will look that nice soon anyway.

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
Bury me with my copy of 4

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I like having both horizon and forza 7. 7 over 6 is a necessity for me since it’s the only forza game that lets you set all career races to long with increased lap count. (I find 3-4 lap races kind of insufferable). Loot box argument make me smile cause in this game you get tons of boxes by in game xp and I’ve gotten so many extra cars and millions of credits out of them

ethanol fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Dec 26, 2017

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Apologies if this is a dumb question but I just got an XBO S for my kids yesterday. We have a Microsoft family account set up and it looks like I got everything working well with different gamer tags for my kids and sharing gold. Question I have is, if one of my kids signs into a game that I was playing previously (under my own GT) will they only see their own save games and such? Are they treated like separate installs entirely or are we going to have to manage not stepping on each others progress in games and such.

Also, why the gently caress are load times so bad in SWBF1? Are the any better in BF2 because I'm enjoying 1. Although it seems like the only multiplayer for a newb is walker attack unless I'm missing something.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Basically, the account that's "actively" signed in (assigned to the controller in use) has access to its own saves and ONLY its own saves, and is separate from the "license" account, especially if it's the primary console for the license account.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down
Thanks, makes sense. How about apps? Will I have to login to Netflix for each Gamertag?

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Speak me out of buying a xbonx tomorrow.

Here's the rundown:
-friend is willing to buy my S off of me
-There's a good deal with PUBG and an extra controller at retail price
-I have the TV for it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Dont pay hundreds for pubg at least until they fix the input lag

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.

Adaptabullshit posted:

Here's the rundown:
-I have the TV for it

Pubg's console version is a hot mess that you shouldn't play.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
My friend bought PUBG on the bone without telling me first and he immediately regretted it because it runs like poo poo on xbox.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Adaptabullshit posted:

Here's the rundown:
-I have the TV for it

Buy the bonex, burn pubg, put the vibrating controller in your rear end

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
PUBG on the Bone runs like PUBG on Steam at Early Access release. It will get better, but it can be a little rough sometimes.

I mean, if you like to lose your poo poo when things happen don't get it, likewise if you need to let everyone know about your tiny hands.

If you disable the Game DVR (it's enabled by default) you will get markedly better performance. Buildings will almost always load in before you land, for instance.

:roflolmao:

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
So skip PUBG and get Xbonx? Wow.

trash person
Apr 5, 2006

Baby Executive is pleased with your performance!
I got an Xbonx for Christmas. I have a decked out 4K/hdr tv. Xbonx owns the enhanced games look fuckin great on it.

Plus PUBG runs fine if you know what to expect. Not that much shittier than og early access on pc release. Glad I can finally pubg with my console gamer friends now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wait until its a decent port imo.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

I really liked my PS3 a lot better than my 360 and never owned an earlier version of the XBONE. I bought an Xbonx at Thanksgiving and now I play it every day. The enhanced games look almost as good as my PC and I play them from my couch which is cool.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Adaptabullshit posted:

So skip PUBG and get Xbonx? Wow.

More like:

Real hurthling! posted:

Wait until its a decent port imo.

If PUBG is the one thing that would make you get an XbonX.

But, I guess, some people are doomed to unhappiness whatever they do and complaining about the things that aren't good enough is their own personal hell, so...

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

But, I guess, some people are doomed to unhappiness whatever they do and complaining about the things that aren't good enough is their own personal hell, so...

So you're complaining about the fact you're constantly complaining about people not liking Xbonx enough?

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Fame Douglas posted:

So you're complaining about the fact you're constantly complaining about people not liking Xbonx enough?

Am I, though?

You seem to really like to hold a grudge, friend. I wonder if this behavior is contagious or emblematic of certain threads here on comedy web site Something Awful Dot Com.

PUBG is pretty fun on my Day One Bone, but then again, I'm not an impossible to please manbaby that needs everyone to know how big my hands are. 😉

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Dec 27, 2017

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Well, I got it now. Time to start transfering

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Are you doing network transfer? I am also getting an xbonx today and I can’t wait to see if xbone to xbone transfer somehow ends up slower than my 200 mbps fiber.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ethanol posted:

Are you doing network transfer? I am also getting an xbonx today and I can’t wait to see if xbone to xbone transfer somehow ends up slower than my 200 mbps fiber.

Fritolay finally delivering? Bout time

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

Fritolay finally delivering? Bout time

for $90 paid for xbonx I can't complain

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the snow outside your house still orange

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
Doing a network transfer of peak 300mb/s

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

Asscreed:o looks really great on a 1080p tv

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!
The pubg jank is real

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

It’s really only playable on the bone x at the moment, got my Doritos one x last Friday and I’m really impressed at the improvement in loading time and frame rate on most games.

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Dec 28, 2017

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Will my OG fat bone play Loco Cycle or is that just a pipe dream until I unlock the power of the bonx?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asteroid Alert
Oct 24, 2012

BINGO!

Maneki Neko posted:

It’s really only playable on the bone x at the moment, got my Doritos one x last Friday and I’m really impressed at the improvement in loading time and frame rate on most games.

The performance boost is good. It's also pretty nice to see the 4K visuals to select games. I need to play a bit more than 15 minutes though, but those 15 minutes had me sold.