Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Brainamp posted:

There's some scientists that apparently said they wanted to recreate the mammoth. IIRC the reasoning was to combat global warming which I guess is what the scenic view is all about.

How would mammoths do anything about global warming?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

What an "Old Man Yells at Cloud" comic this pile of poo poo is.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Having grown up in an abusive household, I've always had a lot of issues around physical contact, and the Santa thing has never really sat well with me. Why is it a thing? Who the hell wants to sit on some old dude and ask for presents, even as a kid?

Or, in other words, A Good Cartoon.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Oxyclean posted:

But just think about all the companies that gave a one time bonus to employees in response to the tax bill!

Weren't some of those companies contractually obligated to do the bonus well before the Tax Bill was shat out?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Several of my US friends aren't getting a Christmas bonus despite working from companies that'll massively benefit from the tax bill, so lol.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Lurdiak posted:

Several of my US friends aren't getting a Christmas bonus despite working from companies that'll massively benefit from the tax bill, so lol.

I'm not saying people should reenact the whole "kidnap the boss" part of of Christmas Vacation, buuuut...

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Isn't a mastodon a kind of mammoth? (I'm not going to bother googling for Tinsley's sake). Are those supposed to the feet of a bloody mammoth?

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

That's a good one

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Hey quick question does anyone remember the literal exact second after obama swore on the bible to be president, the second time, because the chief justice of the supreme court hosed it up, when the republican cartoonists all in an exasperated chorus began droning HOW LONG ARE YOU GOING TO KEEP BLAMING BUSH FOR EVERYTHING!

These same cartoonists are going to be a hundred years old and smearing obama's-fault cartoons onto cave walls with human bone charcoal after the mad max times come. Obama's the reason Gorthak the skin-taker hasn't got enough human skins from skin thralls to bring back the skin jobs. When Skin-takers have more skin that's just a good economy for everyone.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Brainamp posted:

There's some scientists that apparently said they wanted to recreate the mammoth. IIRC the reasoning was to combat global warming which I guess is what the scenic view is all about.

Internet Kraken posted:

How would mammoths do anything about global warming?

I don't know if recreating the mammoth would help much, but recreating large herds of grazing animals all over the tundra would help in preventing permafrost from melting. Basically, you want as many critters as possible trampling the snow and pushing it away to get to graze at the grass underneath, because the side-effect is that the cold of the night will get to reach deeply in the ground thanks to this, and that will prevent or at least delay the thawing of the permafrost.

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

This one's first panel made me curious, anyone know if WikiLeaks has made a statement over the net neutrality ruling?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Apparently the 180 degree rule hasn’t reached Sweden yet.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

Its evidence of the overabundance of moralistic assholes, Dan.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Brainamp posted:

I want to recreate the mammoth because mammoths are loving rad.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I really want to learn that Garrison lost a shitload of money on Bitcoin.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Stultus Maximus posted:

I want to recreate the mammoth because mammoths are loving rad.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Nehlen is the Republican running for Paul Ryan's seat.

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ague Proof posted:

Nehlen is the Republican running for Paul Ryan's seat.

Paul Ryan is the lesser evil? :stonk:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

How often does a cartoonist depict Paul Ryan as the good guy?

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

I wonder why he chose a superimposed neon blue grid over the serene mountain lake as the background. Is he proposing to turn Wisconsin into some sort of Jew-TRON?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Sandpuppy posted:

How often does a cartoonist depict Paul Ryan as the good guy?

Stupid bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwY98217hFE&t=526s

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on festive cheer at Conservative HQ – Blue passports are in, Damian Green is out and Theresa May is trying to convince everybody, including herself, that she’s the person to deliver Brexit"

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Goya.

Times:

Stephen Collins:

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

The gop IS big government you turkey brain

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!

Picnic Princess posted:

The GOP can't be big government, because big government is bad and the GOP is good! Fox News told me so!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Picnic Princess posted:

The GOP is fighting against the real big government, the (((Deep State))).

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Katt posted:

Paul Ryan is the lesser evil? :stonk:

Between the two of them, maybe, but there are two Dems running for that seat as well and both are great, don't worry

felch me daddy jr.
Oct 30, 2009

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Collins is quickly turning into one of my favorites. Sure, he's even less political than Zelda and Prickly City, but every single one of his cartoons makes me smile.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

D.N. Nation posted:

I really want to learn that Garrison lost a shitload of money on Bitcoin.

What's Hapajap up to these days?

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Did that decision say that it was the capital of Palestine, or just that it was not the capital of Israel?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Samurai Sanders posted:

Did that decision say that it was the capital of Palestine, or just that it was not the capital of Israel?

The second: They essentially just said "NO" to Trump's declaration.

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

FronzelNeekburm posted:

What's Hapajap up to these days?

They let him back to work so long as he'd stop being a oval office and he hasn't made a peep since as far as I can tell.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Technowolf posted:

The second: They essentially just said "NO" to Trump's declaration.
Yeah, that's what I thought. Wishful thinking like that cartoon doesn't to fit the I/P situation very well I think.

Neodoomium
Jun 20, 2001

You are now hearing this
noise in your head.

I really, really love whoever keeps drawing Theresa May as a melting ghost.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I'm just not sure "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF CONSENT" should be the main thrust of your comic starring middle school children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Duke Igthorn posted:

I'm just not sure "I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THE CONCEPT OF CONSENT" should be the main thrust of your comic starring middle school children.
As a kid I never wanted to sit on Santa's lap, it was always my parents and I went along with it because what else am I supposed to do? This situation of kids lining up to do it themselves is unknown to me.

edit: and then there's a girl who apparently lined up to do it herself but doesn't want to do it? I'm double confused.

• Locked thread