Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Davos posted:

time is one of those funny things...
the older you get, the faster it seems to go

so poetic bought right in

~gravity room~

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

They're raising cruelty free gravity slimes on the gravity goo farm.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Impressive mocap guy evolution, too. He's way more white in this version.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
2017-12-21 - $220,763
2017-12-22 - $68,832

Hmm day 2 of sales and its rather worrying.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

happyhippy posted:

I'm the bit of code that delays all NPCs by a second longer than needed to synch up whatever linear chat response you selected.

this, how is this so bad?

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

mop guy to gravity room, we got another leak

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

PLAY :wink:

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

so poetic bought right in

~gravity room~

I don't know why but it really irks me that the corridor leading to Gravity room has to be s -shaped instead of just being a straight corridor.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Hazamuth posted:

I don't know why but it really irks me that the corridor leading to Gravity room has to be s -shaped instead of just being a straight corridor.
It's a loading zone.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

Ah, the fine art of optimizing performance. Does the gravity ball even revolve or is it stationary?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

:five::five::five:

I would loving buy 5 tanks! And I will join you in that stream if they fire him.

But don't worry though, I'm sure Crytek is going to fire all of them soon enough. I know things.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Hazamuth posted:

It's a U-bend in order to trap all of the goo inside.

Hazamuth
May 9, 2007

the original bugsy

So it is more of a goo cavity?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

:pervert:

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

no_recall posted:

2017-12-21 - $220,763
2017-12-22 - $68,832

Don’t they usually get a sales boost after events like these?

RubberJohnny
Apr 22, 2008
Here’s a history of that demo:
  • November 2015 - After a year of SQ42 build up they show the first footage, the Morrow Tour, a ten minute walk n talk rife with bugs and Jank.
  • Through 2016 SQ42 is reworked to add procedural planets, first shown at the end of 2015.
    August 2016 - CIG mention SQ42 is greybox or better (final geometry but untextured) and Citizencon will have a full hour long Vertical Slice of SQ42 showing 1 out of 23 missions taken to final quality, from briefing to ship combat, ground combat and back to the ship.
  • September 2016 - Infinite Warfare launches, behind the scenes SQ42 is heavily reworked again in response.
  • November 2016 - the demo is nowhere to be seen, replaced by demo that the entire 400 person studio crunched for two weeks to develop. SQ42 will be shown at the Anniversary livestream instead.
  • December 2016 - ten minutes from the start of the Anniversary livestream an email is sent out saying SQ42 will not be shown, it is replaced by incredibly awkward “comedy” segments filmed in their offices. They reveal that a large amount of work on SQ42 has been scrapped and the enemies don’t yet have a finished character model
  • September 2017 - they mention that SQ42 won’t be shown at Citizencon, but a 20 minute (down from an hour) demo will be shown at the Anniversary stream. SQ42 appears to have gone backwards, it is now described as white box or better, as in some areas have been scrapped and have only a basic boxout
    December 2017 - The final demo is released, all talk of it being final quality is gone, it is just as rough as the
  • 2015 Morrow Tour and repeatedly referred to as “early”. The demo ends abruptly, the second half of the mission involving the return to the idris is missing, presumably because it involved more on-foot action that wasn’t working. It is clearly 20 minutes of demo padded out to an hour and a half.
Over a year and they failed to take 20 minutes of the game out of 18 hours to final quality, the project has overall moved backwards, and all they’ve added is missions on planets instead of space stations.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Guys, the Pusher is right there!

https://i.imgur.com/R3YHtxb.mp4

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Hazamuth posted:

Bent shaft corridor, best corridor.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

RubberJohnny posted:

Here’s a history of that demo:
[*]November 2016 - the demo is nowhere to be seen, replaced by demo that the entire 400 person studio crunched for two weeks to develop. SQ42 will be shown at the Anniversary livestream instead.

IIRC, they said they crunched for three months on the road to citizencon video.

Saint Drogo
Dec 26, 2011

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

:stare:

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

no_recall posted:

2017-12-21 - $220,763
2017-12-22 - $68,832

I called it, it's wanpipdy!

FailureToReport
Nov 25, 2017

Warlord in training

I swear I thought he was getting pushed during the livestream!!!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

I will buy 10 tanks and when hobo Lando is fired I will request for a refund

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Dec 23, 2017

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

starkebn posted:

this, how is this so bad?

It's a bit too long of a delay, makes the responses look unnatural and wooden imo.

happyhippy fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 23, 2017

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

FailureToReport posted:

Holy poo poo.

I never thought about that. I mean this is the first time I've seen the briefing room, I just figured Chris really really wanted some Battlestar Galactica moments, but I never for a second thought about the fact that there's only 3 fighters. What are we calling the entire crew in to chit chat about the three pilot's ops?

Also your point about the latrines.....if I owned an Idris and finally got my hands on it in game to discover that much space had been wasted on at least one latrine that big, much less additional. Oh my god I would lose my poo poo. (:laffo:)

Yeah, we saw what you did there, man. Get out! :laffo:

----------------

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

SelenicMartian posted:

https://i.imgur.com/AWHZLyr.mp4

That's what the post effect represents.

Or future photos are in sepia.
Where is this from? I didn't see it on the stream.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tokamak posted:

Star Citizen Alpha 3.0 goes Live tomorrow. The latest build is currently in open PTU for all backers to play, but we’ll be make it an official Live release tomorrow to get more eyes and ships into the 'Verse to help stress test and identify the bugs to smash in the new year.
http://mailchi.mp/cloudimperiumgames/procedural-cities-and-the-anniversary-special-schedule-140669?e=96e436dfaa

:bisonyes:

Remember when I said they had no choice but to release 3.0 before holiday break, and that they had no choice?

loving :lol: those bastards did it.

But in their defense, it's basically early access now, so let's not mock them too much.

----------------

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

thatguy posted:

Where is this from? I didn't see it on the stream.

It's from the stream, was at the very end after the studio group shots

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

RattiRatto posted:

Wow
They just fired off everything they made in these years of development
Like every single cut scene and mocap which was aired in a AtV or whatever those Sandi's shows are called were shown here
We just witnessed the game. Literally 100% of what was developed was in there, there is nothing more. So we just saw the whole game. They just cut out the ending since they are still working on it, but includes some vanduls or pew pew

Was there a scene of a flashbang been tossed into a room with two or so people inside?
I remember that being mocapped, don't remember it in the demo.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Theres absolutely no loving reason to release this live when poo poo is already broken in the live PTU. Holy poo poo they used the excuse that they were polishing this turd for 6 months so it wasnt as buggy as other patches but this one is worse than every other one

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

SelenicMartian posted:

I like how sitting near the front lady's hand clips right through Luke Skywalker's leg.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

holy poo poo

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Xaerael posted:

I like how sitting near the front lady's hand clips right through Luke Skywalker's leg.
It almost looks like she's T-posing, her hands are sprayed out while everyone is keeping it close to the body or fidgeting in some animation. She has the eerie animation of someone inflating a blow-up doll.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

:golfclap:

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Hmm..

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?

SelenicMartian posted:

That woman is literally loving t-posing. SHE'S LITERALLY loving T-POSING!

this cost over $100,000,000 to make! wtf! i feel like i'm taking crazy pills!

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://i.imgur.com/woZQjcI.gifv

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

That woman is literally loving t-posing. SHE'S LITERALLY loving T-POSING!

this cost over $100,000,000 to make! wtf! i feel like i'm taking crazy pills!

B....Bu...BUT IT'S PRE-ALPHA!!!!