Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/21852646/jeff-fisher-says-left-los-angeles-rams-pretty-good-shape

quote:

"I'm a huge fan of the Ram players," Fisher told The Midday 180 on Friday. "They're basically -- I don't want to say my players, but I had a lot to do with that roster. Left them in pretty good shape. And Sean, as he's proven in this very short period of time, is an outstanding young coach. And he's got the offense rolling, which they needed."

quote:

This year, with McVay guiding him, Goff is a first alternate for the Pro Bowl.

"We knew that was coming," Fisher said. "... That's why we traded up with you guys here [the Titans] to get him, because we knew he had that kind of potential. We felt like both the quarterbacks had a chance to be franchise quarterbacks. We were right. Philly got theirs [with Carson Wentz], and the Rams got theirs."

Earlier this week, Fisher's longtime right-hand man, Dave McGinnis, now a radio color commentator for the Titans, was asked about the resurgent Rams by The Tennessean and said: "First of all, Jeff Fisher and I, we built this roster, you know what I'm saying?"

quote:

Fisher, who inherited a Rams franchise that had lost 65 of 80 games over five seasons, defended his track record on The Midday 180.

"My perspective's different because I went through it, and I know exactly what I went through," he said. "I get a kick out of people who [say], 'Oh, you just tied Dan Reeves for the most losses in the history of the National Football League.' Well I'm a few wins away from being in the top 10. So, where do you want to emphasize? What's your point? Two franchises, five different cities, six different stadiums. Not an easy thing to do.

"Chargers moved from San Diego to Orange County and started 0-4. Relocation is huge. I'm not making excuses, but last year we moved from St. Louis to Oxnard, Oxnard to UC Irvine, UC Irvine to Thousand Oaks. And that's what our offseason was about."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
That must be what it looks like to see someone shrivel up into a corncob in real time.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

the_steve posted:

I try not to ignore anybody, if only because I like watching retards try to asspull reasons for how that was totally a legit victory for the Patriots and not a giftwrapped screwjob from New York.

No, it was Ben Roethlisberger throwing a redzone INT that lost the game, not the fortutitous taking points off of the scoreboard after the great Patriots players allowed a 70 yard catch and run followed a blown coverage TD. They intercepted on the do-over. Get it right.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
I wish I could be this mad about an 11-3 team

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

No, it was Ben Roethlisberger throwing a redzone INT that lost the game, not the fortutitous taking points off of the scoreboard after the great Patriots players allowed a 70 yard catch and run followed a blown coverage TD. They intercepted on the do-over. Get it right.

Ben would never have been in the situation in the first place if NY hadn't decided that catching the ball doesn't count as a catch any more, to say nothing of the holding that should have been called on that play, except that it let the Pats stay in the lead, so the officials just decided to wrap it up and go home.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Lot of ppl mad about proper rule enforcement against a rapist and a team of cheapshot artists ITT

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Not a lot of self reflection here. I can't imagine how this guy failed to adapt.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin
the officials missed a holding penalty in the second quarter! unbelievable!!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

a neat cape posted:

I wish I could be this mad about an 11-3 team

Ain't that the truth. Both teams will face each other again in the playoffs. The Steelers will likely win that bout.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Diqnol posted:

Ain't that the truth. Both teams will face each other again in the playoffs. The Steelers will likely win that bout.

Go meteor

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Jags will knock off the Steelers in the divisional round.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Lot of ppl mad about proper rule enforcement against a rapist and a team of cheapshot artists ITT

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I actually love that gif someone has of Tom crying Asterisks

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Jags will knock off the Steelers in the divisional round.

I honestly think Jags could go the distance if Fournette rests up a little bit. But im fully on the Jagwagon GO JAGS!!!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Watch this: The catch rule is as good as the nfl. hold on. Stop watching now As my dick was still out from jacking earlier. Its not that extremely tiny and hosed up looking regularly

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
The past few years have really done a number on Bengals fans

Blitz of 404 Error fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Dec 23, 2017

a patagonian cavy
Jan 12, 2009

UUA CVG 230000 KZID /RM TODAY IS THE FIRST DAY OF THE BENGALS DYNASTY

Blitz7x posted:

The past few years have really done a number in Bengals fans

I’ll loving fight you

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Blitz7x posted:

The past few years have really done a number in Bengals fans

Pretend I remembered who had the avatar of Marvin Lewis nodding and put that here

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I actually love that gif someone has of Tom crying Asterisks

This one?

(Febreeze did it)

e: oh you said gif, never mind. Still.

iospace fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Dec 23, 2017

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Chiefs will beat both Pittsburgh and NE in the playoffs

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

He's running

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

Jeff Fisher is going to absolutely ruin OBJ :emo:

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Coldforge posted:

Jeff Fisher is going to absolutely ruin OBJ :emo:

It's not like that poor unmedicated bastard is going to need anything except a nudge

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/944658044314619904

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

somewhere mike golic is spouting cliches about Father Time being undefeated

hemorrhage
Aug 7, 2003

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Blitz7x posted:

The past few years have really done a number on Bengals fans

It was just that Steelers playoff game meltdown, honestly

It broke literally every one of them the forum had left and they still haven't actually recovered

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I can't imagine being a Bengals fan. You get a coach in who takes you from a laughingstock to a pretty respectable team. He stays 15 years but you don't even get a playoff win out of it somehow. Hes a better coach than anyone my team has ever had but less late-season success.

three
Aug 9, 2007

i fantasize about ndamukong suh licking my doodoo hole

Is "Useless backup X" better than James Harrison? Seems odd.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kawalimus posted:

I can't imagine being a Bengals fan. You get a coach in who takes you from a laughingstock to a pretty respectable team. He stays 15 years but you don't even get a playoff win out of it somehow. Hes a better coach than anyone my team has ever had but less late-season success.

I would place him as the 1a to Marchibroda's 1b above the rest of that trash you've had

Blind Pineapple
Oct 27, 2010

For The Perfect Fruit 'n' Kaman

1 part gin
1 part pomegranate syrup
Fill with pineapple juice
Serve over crushed ice

College Slice
I think it has more to do with Harrison complaining about his lack of playing time.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

I'm convinced Lewis is basically Buddy Ryan because that offense is way worse than it has any right to be because of an utter disregard for the offensive line.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

three posted:

Is "Useless backup X" better than James Harrison? Seems odd.

The Steelers have been dropping their OLBs into pass coverage all season thanks to the d-line getting pressure without blitzing (they're 2nd in sacks behind Jax), and 40 year-old James Harrison can't run with the young bucks anymore. Brady isolated him in coverage last year, and it didn't go well

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
I say this for almost every player who I recognize but

Chiefs should sign Harrison, Dee Ford is on IR and Tamba Hali is more old and broken than Harrison

DaFrugalGamer
Aug 6, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
Steelers fans are delusional.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Come to Carolina to kill Drew Brees, tia

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

eyewitnesses say a man offering a wafer thin mint was apprehended at the scene
This should have gotten more love three pages ago.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

FizFashizzle posted:

Come to Carolina to kill Drew Brees, tia

hell, same

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Chiefs should sign Harrison, Dee Ford is on IR and Tamba Hali is more old and broken than Harrison

Tamba actually looks pretty ok to me when he's in there. The problem is he plays like 10 or 15 snaps a game (because he's more old and broken than Harrison).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Cavauro posted:

I would place him as the 1a to Marchibroda's 1b above the rest of that trash you've had

The Ravens with Marchibroda would have likely made a playoff appearance in their first year here without the defense getting screwed by injuries. That 96 team is still the best offense this team has had, including the Kubiak year.

Its probably one of the best 4-12 teams in league history. I would absolutely take Marchibroda over Billick or Harbaugh. Hopefully our next coach doesnt continue the downward trend.

• Locked thread