Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Bohemian Nights posted:

I just watched the video and I think you guys do a good job balancing putting on a funny show while still being relatively pedagogical about explaining your process. For your intended target age group, I think the costumes and skitty nature could work really well!

Good luck with your project, seems like a neat concept

cool thanks man. year we are totally gonna make more although we might switch up the format and do less sketch comedy and more art at the beggining of the videos.

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you drop that on the PUBG subreddit you'd probably hit 100,000 views, easily. Good content is scarce and popular there.

Cool thanks. yeah I just posted the art on the r/pubg and its doing really well.

Communist Q posted:

Any chance you could release this in a higher res version of this? I really want to make it my desktop background.

here you go!
https://imgur.com/a/Vz8cU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.
Haha! My first solo chicken dinner, time to uninstall and quit while I'm a King! I like the new map, lots of opportunities to maneuver.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Typical posted:

Cool thanks. yeah I just posted the art on the r/pubg and its doing really well.

The one that gets all the traffic is r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS, which is the official one.

Don't ask me why it's that instead of PUBG.
https://i.imgur.com/YN45WRn.mp4

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

Party Plane Jones posted:

The one that gets all the traffic is r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS, which is the official one.

Don't ask me why it's that instead of PUBG.
https://i.imgur.com/YN45WRn.mp4

For all this game's jankiness, moments like this are pure gold and keep me coming back

Fuzz1111
Mar 17, 2001

Sorry. I couldn't find anyone to make you a cool cipher-themed avatar, and the look on this guy's face cracks me the fuck up.

krursk posted:

Haha! My first solo chicken dinner, time to uninstall and quit while I'm a King!
Haha I remember thinking that after the (so far only) win I got, and I realised that having the opposite feeling when you lose is what makes this game so addictive (at least for me). Like for every (solo) win it means 99 others have to lose but that doesn't stop me thinking "I'll win next time, that guy was just lucky" and re-queueing to be slaughtered once more.

daslog posted:

It would be awesome if it runs better than the Unreal engine, but I don't think you can compare the two until we see the CS engine run with 100 people at once on a map as big as PUBG's. I suspect CS:GO runs not so great as things scale up.
CS:GO's engine isn't a good fit, that's for sure, but it's definitely quite possible to make this game properly and has been for some time.

The Battlefield series has had most of what it would take to make a Battle Royale game since its inception: BF1942 was released in 2002 and featured large scale maps, drivable vehicles, and parachuting from planes. BF3 was released 6 years ago and is an especially apt comparison because it had quite similar gunplay, no hitscan weapons at all, featured long distance sniper battles (where you had to compensate for bullet-drop), was capable of 64 player games (I'm sure with PUBGs slower gameplay 100 would work fine), and I remember it running pretty bloody good on the GTX570 I had at the time while looking better than this game does on the near-minimum settings I need use to get similar performance with much better hardware.

But let's face it, the unreal engine is quite capable of handling this game, it's the team behind it that's not.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

So some guy killed me while I was in a buggy and while that's not the issue, I watched the killcam afterwards and noticed the entire time he aimed at me he was aiming like 5 feet off to the side. His reticle never once actually went over me or the buggy.

Is the game just bugged or did I run into my first cheater?

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Handsome Ralph posted:

So some guy killed me while I was in a buggy and while that's not the issue, I watched the killcam afterwards and noticed the entire time he aimed at me he was aiming like 5 feet off to the side. His reticle never once actually went over me or the buggy.

Bullets have travel time. He was leading you so the bullets would reach you in time.

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

Handsome Ralph posted:

Spectating anybody is really buggy in this game. Killcam Spectating especially so.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

CascadeBeta posted:

Bullets have travel time. He was leading you so the bullets would reach you in time.

I realize that, problem was, he was aiming/leading behind me.

mrking posted:

Spectating anybody is really buggy in this game. Killcam Spectating especially so.

Figured as much, thanks!

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.

Handsome Ralph posted:

Have you ever spectated teammates in squads/duos? You should immediately understand the problem if you have.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!

cosmicjim posted:

Have you ever spectated teammates in squads/duos? You should immediately understand the problem if you have.

I haven't. Like I said, my initial guess was the game glitched in the replay but the leading behind me is what made me second guess it.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

This just has to do with client/host latency. When he is aiming at you, the spectating info you see is where is aiming + the latency between him, the server, then you. That's why it is behind.

Travic
May 27, 2007

Getting nowhere fast

krursk posted:

Assault rifles had their accuracy nerfed so they are a harder to snipe people with. There is some kind of server-client handshake change supposedly to combat people using lagswitches (is that even a real thing?) so when your latency gets a bit too high you will notice delays in moving and shooting. I had some latency issues this morning and it was almost a second between clicking the mouse and firing a shot. I was also randomly stopping dead in my tracks, not rubber-banding just straight up stopping and having to build up momentum again from a standing position.

drat. They must have been nerfed into the ground to be missing at that range. What range are assault rifles good at?

I suppose there is nothing i can do about my latency. I have kickass fiber internet. :shrug:

Handsome Ralph posted:

I realize that, problem was, he was aiming/leading behind me.

I've had this problem as well. Assumed it was cheaters. Glad to hear it's just glitchy.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Welp.

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Travic posted:

drat. They must have been nerfed into the ground to be missing at that range. What range are assault rifles good at?

I suppose there is nothing i can do about my latency. I have kickass fiber internet. :shrug:

Going semi has given me the best results from 1-70ish meters. Anything further I will switch to a rifle or just get closer. Burst fire feels like my bullets become blanks. Even at close range I cant hit poo poo with burst fire.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Well its no chicken dinner but...

And it made it onto the front page of Reddit briefly.

I still really want to win a chicken dinner someday though.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typical posted:

Well its no chicken dinner but...

And it made it onto the front page of Reddit briefly.

I still really want to win a chicken dinner someday though.

Honestly that thing was so amazing it should have stayed there longer.

I love you guys' style and artwork.

DaNerd
Sep 15, 2009

u br?
I don't know if this happens to anyone else but red dots are completely unusable for me because they look like this. They used to be fine until the around when the desert map went up and they've been garbage ever since.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

DaNerd posted:

I don't know if this happens to anyone else but red dots are completely unusable for me because they look like this. They used to be fine until the around when the desert map went up and they've been garbage ever since.

Beware when you stare at the red dot, for the red dot stares back at you.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

Anyone have advice for my dad lol. He wants to start playing battlegrounds and he's a 64 year old man. He used to play modern warfare 2. I don't think he would enjoy this game but he wants to try.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

drat, almost got a win in my third game back but missed shots on the last guy while trying to peak over a hill (or maybe shot the hill due to my scope?). I've only played on the new map so far but performance has been rock solid even on my old i5 2500k.

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord
Get him on the goon discord imo

Vahakyla
May 3, 2013
ITT people who think that everyone who kills them is a cheater.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Typical, will you be taking requests?

Le0
Mar 18, 2009

Rotten investigator!
Where is a good place to find people to play with also I suck but willing to improve? I'm from EU and have no friends :smith:

Speked
Dec 13, 2011

LTA Represent !!

Le0 posted:

Where is a good place to find people to play with also I suck but willing to improve? I'm from EU and have no friends :smith:

join the Discord and get in the squads there.

Grimwall
Dec 11, 2006

Product of Schizophrenia
Miramar has some really intense last circles.. My first chicken dinner in squads here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPsotLs9sm0

Feral Bueller
Apr 23, 2004

Fun is important.
Nap Ghost
Very cool. I got a solo and squad chicken dinner launch day, but both were in Erangel: Miramar still eludes me.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Anyone have advice for my dad lol. He wants to start playing battlegrounds and he's a 64 year old man. He used to play modern warfare 2. I don't think he would enjoy this game but he wants to try.

Why do you not think he wouldn’t like it? Do you play? Insight would help us give advice.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

cosmicjim posted:

Why do you not think he wouldn’t like it? Do you play? Insight would help us give advice.

Probably because he'll get brutally owned over and over. I'll try to duo with him and keep him alive. I was mostly just posting about it and wondering if other goons had the same experience.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Probably because he'll get brutally owned over and over. I'll try to duo with him and keep him alive. I was mostly just posting about it and wondering if other goons had the same experience.

This game is partially so popular because it makes bad people feel good about hiding in bathrooms to a top ten finish. Let him play. Best advice I can give is don’t move while shooting, and stay calm and focus on accuracy over speed, and don’t shoot at people too far away because you aren’t going to kill them and you will give away your position.

And play with low sensitivity. Good rule of thumb, is your character should do 360 degrees or less across the distance of your mousepad for beginners with super bad aim.

cosmicjim fucked around with this message at 17:07 on Dec 23, 2017

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

I highly doubt he'll change his sensitivity from the current extremely high one. We'll see how he does lol

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

I get brutally owned over and over and I love this game. I just end up setting more realistic goals for myself (eg: don't die to the first other person you see). Get him to check out ChocoTaco's stream maybe to get a feel for it.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

I highly doubt he'll change his sensitivity from the current extremely high one. We'll see how he does lol

You gonna get disowned.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Just take your papa to unnamed groups of houses to start, better to get some basics instead of a mad scramble to pick up a gun first and try to just laugh off any deaths.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
a bunch of new people bought this game because im really high on the rankings and I've somehow won six or seven games since I started playing again yesterday. They certainly improved a lot, but a couple things need to be changed. Like the loving compass needs to have more contrast on the desert map because its so bright I have to look at the ground to get a bearing sometimes and the yellow color squad marker blends in really well with the sand and I just murdered my team mate on accident.

B-Mac
Apr 21, 2003
I'll never catch "the gay"!

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Not my dad but my wife likes playing even if we get owned. I basically shuttle all the armor and decent guns to her off the bat. The look on her face when she got her first kill was adorable. She has fun despite getting crushed often. Just give him a chance!

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Feel like the Kar98 is going to eat a headshot nerf, seems like anyone will pick one up if available.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I just started playing this game (on xbox bc my pc can't run the game, I bought it but had to get a refund) and even with the performance issues it's such a loving blast. I usually just jump as far as possible from the plane to an unmarked village and loot up and play the edge of the zones. I play duos mostly and so far my friend and we end up in the top 10 about 25% of the time, which seems pretty good. They've patched it twice since release and while the lag and rubber banding is still bad, the frame rate is much more stable now. It just needs some auto aim to compensate for having to use a controller.

What I don't understand is all the folks who rush to poo poo like school or mil base. I mean, I understand it has good gear but I feel like odds are you're going to get wrecked because there's 10 other people there. Is the idea to get a gun as quickly as possible and hope to win the ensuing firefight?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Q
Jul 13, 2009

Pretty much. A lot of people, myself included, enjoy high kill counts more than winning so those are great places to go if you want to fight, and possibly emerge geared should you win the fight.

• Locked thread