Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
world-renowned professor with an iq of 160 something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

the system works!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

cumshitter posted:

i joined in on the cernovitch ama and followed up all his posts with lithp verthions which pissed off some of his followers. i got a bunch of replies like this:

nice handle

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

rofl

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
holy lol JPee is soooo mad
https://twitter.com/garrettbroad/status/944278504098672641
https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/944349424469209088

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Admiral Ray posted:

peterson needs to get cancer

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

lol 1488

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

aware of dog posted:

holy lol JPee is soooo mad

What's with these rw professor types and not understanding things that aren't immediately connected to their discipline

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Grondoth posted:

What's with these rw professor types and not understanding things that aren't immediately connected to their discipline

this is soooo not a phenomenon exclusive to the right

but they're the most blatant and generally godawful examples so it's an understandable mistake

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

nathan j robinson at current affairs is working on a takedown like his shapiro esay and it cannot come soon enough

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

nathan j robinson at current affairs is working on a takedown like his shapiro esay and it cannot come soon enough

he's embarrassingly thin-skinned so this should be good

Ague Proof has issued a correction as of 19:12 on Dec 23, 2017

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
huh so another one popped off

https://twitter.com/jjmacnab/status/944631455153455105

plus with that school shooter i guess this thread predicted this right after cville

quote:

Buckley Kuhn-Fricker was so disturbed by what she discovered about her teenage daughter’s boyfriend, she spent a tumultuous week pushing for a breakup. By Thursday, she texted a friend saying the “outspoken Neo Nazi” was out of their lives.

But just hours later, the family said the 17-year-old boyfriend shot and killed Kuhn-Fricker, 43, and her husband, Scott, 48 in their Reston, Va. home. It was around 5 a.m. Friday, while the couple’s children and relatives were inside. They had gathered to celebrate the Christmas holiday.

The teen, who then turned the gun on himself and is in critical condition at a local hospital, was charged with two counts of murder Saturday
gently caress this sounds like atomwaffen

quote:

On Sunday night, Kuhn-Fricker alerted the principal of the Fairfax County private school her daughter and the boyfriend attend, attaching numerous screen shots of the account that had retweeted tweets praising Hitler, supporting Nazi book burning, calling for “white revolution,” making derogatory comments about Jews, and featuring an illustration of a man hanging from a noose beneath a slur for gay people.
that's iron march / AW propaganda

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:35 on Dec 23, 2017

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Correct me if I’m wrong but this doesn’t feel like how populist revolutions have started historically

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Data Graham posted:

Correct me if I’m wrong but this doesn’t feel like how populist revolutions have started historically

Someone upthread compared it to Che's foco strategy

(Spoiler: didn't work too hot)

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
AtomWaffe confirmed as the logical extension of the Ron Paul campaign; adherents killing parents

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
name hasn't been released yet but i'm trying to imagine the twitter profile. i'd reckon there's a skull mask, james mason quote in the bio, etc. photos of charles manson. READ SIEGE. stuff like that.

also what remains of vanguard has increasingly adopted this sort of rhetoric and imagery

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 19:58 on Dec 23, 2017

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

Overall, gen z or whatever isn't gonna be "more conservative" overall, but I'm sure that the white boys who would be poo poo normally will be even worse.

like how religion is decreasing overall in America, but those that remain religious are becoming more religious.

Bullfrog has issued a correction as of 20:00 on Dec 23, 2017

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

The Phlegmatist posted:

remember obnoxious libertarians growing up? now they're obnoxious pepes.

https://twitter.com/MikeStuchbery_/status/942505043361697792

these kids will obviously not amount to anything if they are incapable of getting through class work without spewing meme filled rants so its a self-correcting problem.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
bring back bullying, imo

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Why do all these turds think there’s some kind of necessary connection between acknowledging white privilege and being held responsible for the crimes of past generations? It’s like the armoured sceptic feeling strong emotions of guilt and then accusing others of trying to make him feel guilty and avenging those emotions he caused himself to feel by being so out of touch with his own rationality or feelings.

By what logic does he construe acknowledgement of slavery as an attack on English people?

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

this is soooo not a phenomenon exclusive to the right

but they're the most blatant and generally godawful examples so it's an understandable mistake

Yeah I know but...

come the gently caress on, he's a psychologist. I bet the sociology department is in the same building. Go over there and be like "hey what's privilege"

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Darkman Fanpage posted:

these kids will obviously not amount to anything if they are incapable of getting through class work without spewing meme filled rants so its a self-correcting problem.

"Amount to anything"? Isn't that exactly the problem we're dealing with right now, a generation of underemployed bitter entitled perpetual-adolescents with no marketable skills or life experience who bristle when people call them "millennials" and fight back by putting on fedoras and making racist youtube videos?

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

business hammocks posted:

Why do all these turds think there’s some kind of necessary connection between acknowledging white privilege and being held responsible for the crimes of past generations? It’s like the armoured sceptic feeling strong emotions of guilt and then accusing others of trying to make him feel guilty and avenging those emotions he caused himself to feel by being so out of touch with his own rationality or feelings.

By what logic does he construe acknowledgement of slavery as an attack on English people?

It's the distress of the privileged: if you're completely unreflective and ignorant, being held responsible for anything, receiving less than the deference you've come to expect, even just being told about historical events which might arguably be part of your ethnic history but which you don't feel able to be proud of, seem like unprovoked and despicable attacks. I was just living my life, and these awful sjws want to tear me down for no reason!

It's just like that part in Pleasantville where the dads are severely shook by dinner not always being ready when they get home.

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016

Grondoth posted:

Yeah I know but...

come the gently caress on, he's a psychologist. I bet the sociology department is in the same building. Go over there and be like "hey what's privilege"

sociologists are post-modern neo-marxists who just want to indoctrinate our children to undermine western civilization. this is what Jordan Peterson actually believes.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

aware of dog posted:

sociologists are post-modern neo-marxists who just want to indoctrinate our children to undermine western civilization.

Well what are they waiting for?!

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

“Intellectual cover for the alt-right”

*shits blood and mucus*

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This is a really great analogy.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Lotta angry people in the replies lol

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Doc Hawkins posted:

It's the distress of the privileged: if you're completely unreflective and ignorant, being held responsible for anything, receiving less than the deference you've come to expect, even just being told about historical events which might arguably be part of your ethnic history but which you don't feel able to be proud of, seem like unprovoked and despicable attacks. I was just living my life, and these awful sjws want to tear me down for no reason!

It's just like that part in Pleasantville where the dads are severely shook by dinner not always being ready when they get home.

good read. good soup

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

Galaxy-brained scholar Peterson pretends to be unaware that Canada is part of the British commonwealth in order to grift American children who are upset that their 10th grade history class is teaching them uncomfortable historical facts

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/mikaeltja/status/944547481559453696

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Darkman Fanpage posted:

assuming this story is real (lot of stuff in there you could call shibboleth and shenanigans on)

I wonder if this is a result of an increasing right wing/reactionary tendency among kids, or if it's the result of all the problem kids getting sucked into the same reactionary circles because no other online spaces will put up with them

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

food is what you do to not die peter

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

SpaceGoku posted:

assuming this story is real (lot of stuff in there you could call shibboleth and shenanigans on)

I wonder if this is a result of an increasing right wing/reactionary tendency among kids, or if it's the result of all the problem kids getting sucked into the same reactionary circles because no other online spaces will put up with them

kids are shithead edgelords

they can still grow out of it

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i think this is dumb

https://crimethinc.com/2017/12/20/gearing-up-for-january-20-2018-a-week-of-outreach-and-solidarity-events

a lot of fundraisers for J20 defendants but they were all found not guilty, yeah? now this is an excuse for right-wingers to gin up a "antifa is gonna start another civil war" frenzy on jan. 20.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
otoh that’s not a bad idea

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

SpaceGoku posted:

There were always implicitly racist edgelords who wanted to outsmart the teacher and tell the world that they're smarter than everyone. They've just coalesced into a shared philosophy and iconography. Like I'm sure there were always suburban white kids who spent a lot of time on the internet who would (behind her back) call that guidance counselor a bitch and make jokes about making her make sandwiches--there sure were when I was 15. It's just a combination of resentful teen narcissism and regular old eternal white supremacy, which is just expressed differently by mom and dad but completely present in a lot of suburban homes.

The internet is different these days, though--15 years ago it was implicitly a white, male space where losers ran off to when they couldn't handle reality, and now, as you say, it's closer to being an extension of reality with reactionary pockets for losers to hide in. I still say the growth in white nationalism in the United States is a function of white supremacy coming under more direct indictment through changing demographics.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Data Graham posted:

"Amount to anything"? Isn't that exactly the problem we're dealing with right now, a generation of underemployed bitter entitled perpetual-adolescents with no marketable skills or life experience who bristle when people call them "millennials" and fight back by putting on fedoras and making racist youtube videos?

i mean if they started turning to terrorism it would be a problem but if they’re just gonna make yt videos screeching about feminism being cancer i think we’ll be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i think this is dumb

https://crimethinc.com/2017/12/20/gearing-up-for-january-20-2018-a-week-of-outreach-and-solidarity-events

a lot of fundraisers for J20 defendants but they were all found not guilty, yeah? now this is an excuse for right-wingers to gin up a "antifa is gonna start another civil war" frenzy on jan. 20.

There are more people awaiting trial, I think--like about 200.