Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

Nick sprung from his bed, ran to the window and opened it quick
Twas Christmas morning, no time... to suck his own dick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
mitch going in on ham dinners immediately before trying to sell everyone on his family’s christmas clam dinners is so loving funny to me

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
Mitch clearly wasn’t joking about the dorito dust thing and attempted to backpedal when he got a bad reaction.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Nicole Byer is great.

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
I guess.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Here lies Nicole Byer. She was loud.

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
Can't wait for Mitch's earnest unhinged rants about a childrens movie.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/NbtItwa.mp4

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Don't let Mitch know or he'll walking the streets outside UCB Franklin, showing that to strangers on his phone. "Have you SEEN this? IT'S FUNNY!"

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

There's some stuff going on with dustin

https://twitter.com/pottymouthworld/status/943999966304911360

https://twitter.com/DustinMartian/status/944492836099014656

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wonder if they're going to leave Feral. A but before they left the Rick and Morty studio Nick saw something on twitter where the not-Harmon creator said "gently caress unions".

Dylan McKay
Oct 20, 2011

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation. I refuse to see Black Panther because they didn't ask the Black Ranger to be in it.
I stand with and support, in this trying time, the people calling me a creepy shitbag.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
My Ex Boyfriend Has Mental Disease. Please Support Me

Fiendly
May 27, 2010

That's not right!
Part of that story was the usual horror of dating someone with Borderline (listen to one of the podcasts where Dave Foley has talked about his ex wife for more on the subject), but most of it was wildly inappropriate abuse only tangentially related to the disorder and there's absolutely no excuse for it. This is still very different from all the sexual abuse stuff going around, but not cool anyway

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dylan McKay posted:

Can't wait for Mitch's earnest unhinged rants about a childrens movie.

he so wants to be a child again and is so angry that the star wars didn't make him onr again

hey, surprise, the emotionally unstable guy who medicates with alcohol and takes pride in doing so may treat women terribly

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Mr. Squishy posted:

I wonder if they're going to leave Feral. A but before they left the Rick and Morty studio Nick saw something on twitter where the not-Harmon creator said "gently caress unions".

https://twitter.com/doughboyspod/status/944666013139853312

sounds like they're at least seriously considering

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I hope they get to keep yusong in the divorce

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth
It's gonna be really awkward when they release more of the Texas shows with mentions of Dustin's drinking.

Didn't they say in the last one that he lives on vodka?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Dustin likes to party.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Mr. Squishy posted:

I mean in the latest episode they talked about just ending the podcast entirely, so :v:

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Drunkboxer posted:

Nicole Byer is great.

yea

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I love nicole byer haters vacate

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
This was probably recorded before their Texas tour but Mitch was supposed to go on and record a date with Byer and I'm dissapointed it wasn't addressed.

Henry Crustwheel
Jun 22, 2010

Those should be in separate boxes.
It was recorded after, on the release date of Star Wars.

Maybe they cover it in Nicole's podcast?

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
#dustindustup :stare:

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
#dustinchecksin

...to rehab. :unsmith:

Edit: The dude is a dick in many many ways, but I hope he finds some peace in rehab. Dustin isn't a particularly stable person as is, and he just got himself permanently excommunicated from the LA comedy scene.

Know Such Peace fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Dec 27, 2017

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

quote:

Our sincere apologies. We recorded a Double that was scheduled to release today, but due to our unexpected in flux situation with our podcast network, it won’t be out this week.
We hope to have this resolved soon, and to release this episode next Tuesday, January 2nd.
Thanks for your patience, and happy holidays!

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Of all the weeks to ask Engineer Dustin which chains are so bad that he'd rather slap his girlfriend than eat

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008
The Doughboys are not going to stay with the newly-formed Starburns podcast network, so let's take a look at the main contenders:

(In No Particular Order)
Maximum Fun - The 'Hot Salad' Choice
HeadGum - The John Gabrus Network
Earwolf - The Walled Fortress
Go Independent/Start New Network - Not going to happen

I think Maximum Fun has the edge at the moment.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
I think it would be really dumb for them not to just go independent, a network would bring next to nothing to their show

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Greggy posted:

I think it would be really dumb for them not to just go independent, a network would bring next to nothing to their show

Isn't the network's main job to advertise and deal with show bookings?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Yeah exactly, and they make a ton of money on Patreon and guests beg to be on their podcast

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Uhh Yeah Dude and Chapo are both independent, ad free, and they manage to tour. I'm sure they have reps behind the scenes but they aren't on the big networks. Doughboys makes more per month than UYD does.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Doughboys just ends with a defeated sigh. Sorry.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

Know Such Peace posted:

Go Independent/Start New Network - Not going to happen

Yeah, because the show that is already making $17,634 per month on Patreon definitely could not survive without "network" representation

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

They're just very lazy and need someone else to set up mics. Are they too stupid to realize they could pay someone to set up their mics... who knows!
As for going to another studio, are the big two happy to let their shows have personal patreons? I don't know about Maxfun but Earwolf likes that the only way you can give to a show is to give to them and hope it makes its way.

The Narrator
Aug 11, 2011

bernie would have won

Mr. Squishy posted:

They're just very lazy and need someone else to set up mics. Are they too stupid to realize they could pay someone to set up their mics... who knows!
As for going to another studio, are the big two happy to let their shows have personal patreons? I don't know about Maxfun but Earwolf likes that the only way you can give to a show is to give to them and hope it makes its way.

Afaik from other Maxfun podcasts, the main funding model besides advertising is the Maxfun donation drive. Which seems really outdated now that we know 4000 people will collectively pony up nearly 18 grand a month for an extra ep per week of a single show, but that's just the way the industry developed I guess. (It's crazy to think how much money a brand like the McElroys would make if they emerged during the patreon era.)

A studio seems unnecessary in the current climate, but I could also see name recognition being a factor in getting new listeners.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mr. Squishy posted:

Don’t they’re record at Mitch’s house now?

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Sure but Dustin and Usong come round to run the board.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Know Such Peace
Dec 30, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

I was joking earlier when I said that independent wasn’t going to happen, but this is part of why it might not happen. I hope they both realize what a massive opportunity this could be.