Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Oh wait that's right lol

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Dec 23, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

PederP posted:

And may have been inspired by crunching on a vertical slice at the same time.

the fact that its designed by a french guy who looked extremely tired and depressed in the video makes it seem even more like its an intentional joke

i want to know how much of that holiday pic was designed as a gently caress you to croberts. just the fact that it exhibits so much bizarre poo poo and is so poorly done by people who are actual professionals (despite the people they work for) makes it seem intentional

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

XK posted:

A French accent is self evident to even the least cultured, back water, American.

Mais oui ! C'est bien vrai ! Star Citizen c'est de la merde mon ami !

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Dusty Lens posted:

Oh wait that's right lol

look at that proud catte

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

tuo posted:

wie bitte???

Einen Scheiß. schieß los!

A Neurotic Corncob
Nov 12, 2016

A light wind swept over the corn, and all nature laughed in the sunshine.
Gooncati transmission wrt the now live 3.0 -

quote:

hello friends. It seems one of the Bugs from the last PTU Builds went unfixed and currently the insurance mechanics are indeed non-functional, meaning that when you lose a ship in the persistent universe right now it will be actually gone forever

star citizen is good

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

star citizen is good

LTI implemented.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

A Neurotic Corncob posted:

star citizen is good

This is FUD. Stop posting immediately and pay me damages to the Star Citizen brand.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Golli posted:

LTI implemented.
Life Time Injunction

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Someone who speaks lawyer tell me what the injunction section actually means.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

AlbieQuirky posted:

Well, obviously not, because nekulturny backwater Gremlich can't detect it.

"I was a linguist" = "I was a corporal who was taught a few simple phrases in the language of wherever I was being a shootyman"

It's clear from reading TheGremlich's excretions that English is not his first language.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Um, right below my post. Loxbourne's contribution. It does seem aimed at people like Pgabz, Beet, and you.

Loxbourne posted:

Nasty. As our esteemed colleague here notes, this is basically an anti-streamer clause.

Equitable remedies are a legal concept with a lot of history etc etc but basically they allow a court to impose remedies it considers "fair and just" rather than just those laid down by statute. This paragraph tries to automatically make a user agree that they are liable for equitable damages and remedies as well as contractual ones, which would include consequential losses, injunctions, and so on. To put that more simply, it means the user agrees to be subject to more penalties than merely those for breach of contract. Which would include injunctions to stop things not covered by the contract. (like, say, a pesky Twitch channel).

So CIG could sue a backer with a current account who has signed up for these terms, file for an injunction to stop them uploading videos or posting or whatever, and then even try to claim damages based on their estimate of how much damage the streamer has done to their brand.

They can then tell the court the defendant has already agreed to the TOS and this is just an action to enforce those terms, rather than get into the whole business of proving damage. Checkmate goonie.

It's a nasty little line, and it speaks volumes that CIG would put this in. This is aimed squarely at people like PGabz and Beer and FTR, all of whom need an account to embarrass CIG and would therefore have to agree to these terms to continue making videos.

PederP
Nov 20, 2009

Is that injunction section even legally enforceable? This is a ToS, not a contract. And it's a business-to-customer level agreement, which adds even more limitations to what can be done. I'd expect that kind of stuff in a B2B or employment contract.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can we stop gratifying these idiots with attention?
What's this "we"? Isn't it just Mirificus dredging this poo poo up day in day out?

I put him on ignore and no one quotes 95% of the poo poo he spams. People do quote the funny stuff, so my assumption is people mostly don't give a poo poo.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

XK posted:

It's clear from reading TheGremlich's excretions that English is not his first language.

He says he was in the US Army for 20 years. Are you suggesting that a Citizen could be a liar? :magical:

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I'm not a lawyer butt.

However while waiting for one to show up this might make for good warmup reading

https://ipdraughts.wordpress.com/2013/05/04/damages-are-not-an-adequate-remedy-go-directly-to-injunction/

While I'm sure that CIG is trembling in its boots that Pgabz might release another video soon, which wont happen because there can be no joy in this life, I'm of a mind that the idea is more intended to point a gun at the heads of people who are current and active streamers that happen to have a ton of ships to hand out in exchange for subs during their 8 hours a day 5 days a week streaming, and speaking highly of, Star Citizen.

e; but I don't know poo poo from shinola so keep that in mind.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Dec 23, 2017

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Ayn Marx posted:

Mais oui ! C'est bien vrai ! Star Citizen c'est de la merde mon ami !

Let me put my 5 years of mandated school curriculum French classes, which I always put the least possible effort into, to work.

"Oh, yes. It's good *something*. Star Citizen is dead my friend!"

Am I even close?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

AlbieQuirky posted:

He says he was in the US Army for 20 years. Are you suggesting that a Citizen could be a liar? :magical:

There is absolutely no way English is his natural language.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Submitting with IMG not TIMG because Fidelity can not and should not be constrained.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

PederP posted:

Is that injunction section even legally enforceable? This is a ToS, not a contract. And it's a business-to-customer level agreement, which adds even more limitations to what can be done. I'd expect that kind of stuff in a B2B or employment contract.

No, almost certainly not. Various outfits have tried to pull similar shenanigans by requiring their customers to not post bad reviews, then attempted to sue people who said bad things about them online. It's always thrown out of court, and the person tends to get a counter-suit decided in their favor.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

XK posted:

There is absolutely no way English is his natural language.

His high school diploma is from a US high school, per his LinkedIn. I think he is just not good at words.

It's a thin line between "merde" and "mort(e)" but Star Citizen manages to straddle it.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

XK posted:

Let me put my 5 years of mandated school curriculum French classes, which I always put the least possible effort into, to work.

Am I even close?

"Merde" is a stronger and more apt word than "dead". Google it!

Maybe not with the image search enabled.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

SelenicMartian posted:

Why is there a gap in the table?

In the future, you just shove all the dirty plates and other debris through the slot in the middle of the table when you're done.

Someone with a space mop will come by and clean it up later.

Golli
Jan 5, 2013

Layman's Interpretation:

The injunction thing seems to be aimed at account-sharers and potentially streamers they don't like.

Section 1 "The Program is licensed, not sold, for your personal, non-commercial use"

So if they decide someone is letting someone else use their license, or is somehow using it to make money, then they can use it to recoup damages.

In the case of an account-sharer, the price of the account plus any ships/assets used by whoever is sharing the account.

In the case of a streamer they don't like, any money that the streamer makes from an 'unauthorized' stream - presuming that authorized streamers have a separate agreement they sign that gives them free ships, access, etc in return for positive portrayal of the game.

I don't see anything that allows them to sanction individuals for Fair Use - uploading personal gameplay for uncompensated comedy.

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

PederP posted:

I haven't looked at these sort of things in a while but last I checked these sort of things were frowned upon by courts. I would have serious doubts that it'd be enforceable.

But the point, I imagine, isn't to win at bar; it's to cite the clause and get things killed in the middle of the night with a form letter. You want to scare off people without legal departments, or more importantly service providers who will yank your critical content because they'll throw their users under the bus at the first whiff of a legal controversy

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

XK posted:

Am I even close?

I think vrai is true and something about star citizen being poo poo from my 20 year old french classes.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

See my post above. There's a lively debate on Discord at the moment as to whether or not this is enforceable; general consensus so far is no. BUT my own contribution would be "watch out, they can still potentially stick you with an enormous legal bill".

EDIT: We've noticed this clause was actually already in the June 2016 TOS, at section XXII. CIG seem to have pointedly shifted it to the installer's TOS wrapper, probably so they can more readily argue a particular user is aware of it and has actually read it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Spiderdrake posted:

What's this "we"? Isn't it just Mirificus dredging this poo poo up day in day out?

I put him on ignore and no one quotes 95% of the poo poo he spams. People do quote the funny stuff, so my assumption is people mostly don't give a poo poo.

If the bot annoys you, learn to roll your mouse wheel 5 clicks. I appreciate the caps, they give me the shitizen nonsense, without actually having to go to r/SC myself.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

E;

Wait are we the idiots being gratified with attention.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Can we stop gratifying these idiots with attention?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Just echoing the christmas card thing everyone else piled in on

It's poo poo, each and every one of those models are pulled directly from their live stream of a pre rendered presentation... as in they REALLY HAVE NOTHING except exactly what they just showed the world

Admiral hands behind his back, Lady t-posing as she rotates around, People leaning on the mess hall table, I bet some intrepid goon can find the exact point in the videos where each of those characters show up in that exact pose (except maybe t-post girl because that was obviously a last minute rush job)

It's just total poo poo, how did they think no one would notice or are they SO far up Chris's rear end they really don't care anymore

Ugggh :pgabz:

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Loxbourne posted:

"Merde" is a stronger and more apt word than "dead". Google it!

Maybe not with the image search enabled.

Google translate gives: "But yes ! It's true ! Star Citizen is poo poo my friend!"

Wow, I got super close. I've impressed myself by retaining knowledge from French classes I sleepwalked through 20+ years ago.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Blue On Blue posted:

It's just total poo poo, how did they think no one would notice

I think the new plan is to sue you if you mention it.

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,

XK posted:

Am I even close?

Oh yes, it's quite true! Star Citizen is poo poo my friend!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

I just went looking at the video and notice in the mess hall scene, no less than 3 npc's sitting stock still staring into nothingness, like gently caress they've been working on that mess hall for MONTHS and they can't even make computer blips animate enough for a 5 second pass through?

I AM SO ANGRY AND I DONT KNOW WHYYYYYYY

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Toops posted:

quite true!

Ah, that accounts for the "bien" in "bien vrai".

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Toops posted:

Oh yes, it's quite true! Star Citizen is poo poo my friend!

A linguist!

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

star citizen is a god drat mess! jesus chris

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

XK posted:

If the bot annoys you, learn to roll your mouse wheel 5 clicks. I appreciate the caps, they give me the shitizen nonsense, without actually having to go to r/SC myself.
If my post about ignoring the bot ignores you, learn to read your mouse wheel five handspans and sail away as opposed to Gremliching a post yes?