Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ccs
Feb 25, 2011

It was a little unfocused but that was also a side effect of wrapping things up with Cinnabar and Phos and also showing daily life going on. It's not the perfect place to stop but it works pretty well and the last two minutes were just great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Cinnabar... :kimchi:

I hope there's a second season

I caught with last weeks episode this morning as well and well, the trend of Kongou waking up from a nap only to be very surprised at something is a good one. Gems bein' goofy is also pretty great

Knorth fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Dec 23, 2017

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
oh thank god someone actually made this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VWQX_wnNcQ
though i was hoping it was more animated but you cant have everything.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I definitely remember that final Cinnabar and Phos conversation happening in the manga at some point... just not necessarily right after that arc. Unless another scene was being reffed. I'm positive most of those scenes in the final episode happen in the manga at some point though. School was new though I think

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Allarion posted:

I definitely remember that final Cinnabar and Phos conversation happening in the manga at some point... just not necessarily right after that arc. Unless another scene was being reffed. I'm positive most of those scenes in the final episode happen in the manga at some point though. School was new though I think

In the manga, it's not Cinnabar who gets rid of the Lunarians there, it's Amethyst. That discussion does happen further in and not immediately following that scene. They just wanted to end it off on a pretty natural point, because the best place otherwise would've been Padparadscha's talk, and then there would be 20 minutes of episode left.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
gently caress im going to miss this show :(

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext
There... there's going to be a second season, right?

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

coolusername posted:

There... there's going to be a second season, right?

Maybe we need to buy more gem necklaces

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Paperweight rock-kun is the cutest

that is all

coolusername
Aug 23, 2011

cooltitletext

Here's all the end cards. I'm going to miss this anime.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Those are so good

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6NEiTZAf6Uw

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
What a great show, it's really amazing to see a show do the sort of character development we see with Phos in only 12 episodes but they managed it perfectly.

Oh my god that Cinnabar blush. :3:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

ROCKS CAN BLUSH?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009
rocks can bleed so why not blush as well?!

Wild Horses
Oct 31, 2012

There's really no meaning in making beetles fight.
antarcite blushed when hugged by sensei right?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

alex looked really good in sensei's outfit. That's my last episode review.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Sort of an unsatisfying ending compared to the other two manga based animes I watched this season (GLT and MMO Junkie).

Left a lot unanswered unfortunately.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
oh god I made the terrible mistake of catching up on the manga right now it's so good and so cliffhanger :f5:

Sindai fucked around with this message at 20:54 on Dec 24, 2017

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

iospace posted:

Sort of an unsatisfying ending compared to the other two manga based animes I watched this season (GLT and MMO Junkie).

Left a lot unanswered unfortunately.

there's just no good place to stop

isn't the next chapter supposed to be out like today

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Sindai posted:

oh god I made the terrible mistake of catching up on the manga right now it's so good and so cliffhanger :f5:
:same:
Just caught up literally a couple minutes ago.

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
for the first time in my life i've paid money for a physical copy of a manga

it's just the first 3 volumes that were being sold together in a bundle and as far as i know that doesn't even covers everything in the show, but gem friends left such a good impression that i really wanted to give the author my money and hopefully contribute a little to eventually getting another season

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
It has really nice art and is worth buying

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE
the art is part of why i decided to go with the manga instead of shelling out on a BD (also im too poor for buying a lot of BDs)

wanna see some of that art

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

https://twitter.com/usaki1987/status/945073399755284480

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The mini Shiros :kimchi:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

my favorite part of the anime's ending was my friend yelling WHO ARE YOU when that gem popped up

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

poor obsidian

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

more than watermelon tourmaline got

not to mention

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i actualyl recognize that one but are the braids one and the sidetail one even in any other shots

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
obsidian is my friend

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
How many volumes did the anime cover? Also it might be a little bit til I can buy manga again, are the scans alright?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Knorth posted:

How many volumes did the anime cover? Also it might be a little bit til I can buy manga again, are the scans alright?

afaik the quality is bad and they waffle between gendered pronouns constantly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Knorth posted:

the quality is alright as it goes on but they use pretty weeby name spellings (Bortz, Shisha, Fosu) and they like calling them 'he'. the tl quality isnt horrible outside of that tho

Endorph fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 25, 2017

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Ah thats a shame

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

if you want to pick up the manga from where the show left off you'd want to start with ch 32 which is in volume 5

Endorph posted:

i actualyl recognize that one but are the braids one and the sidetail one even in any other shots

they were both in episode 3. i don't think peridot (short green) showed up again but they at least got a line from off screen in episode 1

btw someone translated ch 63 which came out today https://imgur.com/a/lWz17 see you in a month!

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Dec 25, 2017

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

iospace posted:

The mini Shiros :kimchi:

Shiro exploding into puppies was so good

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!

lets hang out posted:

if you want to pick up the manga from where the show left off you'd want to start with ch 32 which is in volume 5

they were both in episode 3. i don't think peridot (short green) showed up again but they at least got a line from off screen in episode 1

btw someone translated ch 63 which came out today https://imgur.com/a/lWz17 see you in a month!

I always want more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
This manga arc is stressing me right the hell out. Anime-watchers, go buy the manga so you can share in the terror.

• Locked thread