Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Saoshyant posted:

A leitmotif of identity and desperation. Brilliant. Smacks of Kerouac and Kierkegaard.

In his humility germinates the defining anti-vanity of the coming decade.

Ahh, daytripper ad nauseum :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Why does Banner have a new haircut now that he's changed into the Hulk and back? :confused:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Weekend / weekday artists struggling for control of their shared reality

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It's the greatest Marvel feud since Feige Vs Perlmutter.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if he knew peter was spiderman, banner would immediately start punching him in the head like everyone nsm teams up with does.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Mikl posted:

Why does Banner have a new haircut now that he's changed into the Hulk and back? :confused:

continuity is more a suggestion in nsm than a hard rule

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Just a shout out to whomever ensured the weekend artist drew Hulk hammer-throwing GROONNNK!

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Remind me again why the good doctor decided the Florida swamps were a good place to do laboratory work.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Like the Riddler leaving clues without realizing, Dr. Connors just naturally gravitates to whichever area has the highest density of gators

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Saoshyant posted:

Remind me again why the good doctor decided the Florida swamps were a good place to do laboratory work.

because his 'laboratory work' consists entirely of synthesizing exotic drugs for his own use.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

The next strip is going to reveal that the tossed gator hit the boat and sunk it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
That would be amazing.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
And then their only choice is to make Banner mad again, so the Hulk tosses Connors into town so he can get to a hospital.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Mover posted:

Oh god imagine if they have to amputate his leg and the rest of the story is just doc becoming quadriplegic one limb at a time in a series of unfortunate accidents

Next: The Legless Lizard!

(They're actually a real thing and they're pretty neat!)

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
We know what snakes are.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Samuringa posted:

We know what snakes are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legless_lizard

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Absolutely nobody would notice if I edited that Wiki page and changed the picture to a snake.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Yeah it makes me think one day a scientist forgot the word for snake and called a certain one a legless lizard and all the other scientists just went along with it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Push El Burrito posted:

Yeah it makes me think one day a scientist forgot the word for snake and called a certain one a legless lizard and all the other scientists just went along with it.

Reminds me of that Jim Gaffigan joke about seahorses. "This male seahorse is having babies." "...the males have the babies."

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'

Push El Burrito posted:

:goonsay: snakes and leg-less lizards are actually very noticeably different

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Easiest way to tell, legless lizards have eyelids and snakes don't. So if you're ever unsure if you're holding a snake or a legless lizard, just start poking it in the eye and see what it does.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
This is the only course of action you should take if you see a snake or a :airquote:legless lizard :airquote:

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Samuringa posted:

This is the only course of action you should take if you see a snake or a :airquote:legless lizard :airquote:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Thats right just leave him confused in the swamp

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

If only... there was some way to regenerate terrible body damage..... an experimental serum maybe

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
if that gator hit his femoral then connors is a dead man anyway

onto sabertooth!

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
1) The artist didn't even try with the tear in Connors pants

2) You can actually see a little bit of Spider-man's costume on panel 2 since Peter's hands are busy, that has to be the most this comic ever cared about continuity

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Samuringa posted:

1) The artist didn't even try with the tear in Connors pants

At least the colorist didn't screw it up this time.

"He's lost so much blood!" *points to a guy who's totally fine except his pants have been poorly patched*

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Are you all some sort of reptile racists?

Samuringa posted:

Also that is a graboid tongue.

Shaddak
Nov 13, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

Thats right just leave him confused in the swamp

I'm a little confused here. I mean sure Banner may not retain Hulk memories, but do you mean "What just happened?" You're m8ssing memories, and youz're shirtless, you know goddamned well you were just the Hulk.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Shaddak posted:

I'm a little confused here. I mean sure Banner may not retain Hulk memories, but do you mean "What just happened?" You're m8ssing memories, and youz're shirtless, you know goddamned well you were just the Hulk.

Maybe Bruce Banner is amnesiac.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Maybe web up his leg so he doesnt bleed more?

And glue your shirt closed with web?

God peter.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
Wanna see Peter try to inconspicuously web Dr. Connors leg, like that shootout scene in John Wick 2.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep
Peter attempts to web the wound shut by keeping his hand down low around his hips. Behind him Bruce Banner's fearful voice float over the air: "P-peter...what is that white stuff falling on that man?"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Shaddak posted:

yea I'm not sure why 'you Hulked' is breaking his brain so badly.

"Hey dude famous for having a split personality, your other side was in control."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! My whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaam I?!"

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

sexpig by night posted:

yea I'm not sure why 'you Hulked' is breaking his brain so badly.

"Hey dude famous for having a split personality, your other side was in control."

"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa?! My whaaaaaaaaaaaaat?! Where aaaaaaaaaaaaaaam I?!"

It's Newspaper Bruce Banner. Duh.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Merry Christmas NSM. This year we spend it in a Florida swamp with Bruce Banner dazed from a blackout, Curt Connors bleeding out, and somewhere over Jersey a flying alligator has yet to touch ground.

In hindsight I'm surprised we thought it could be anything different.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Mind the suspiciously Sabretooth-shaped bundle under the tree.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

... if I’m a human lizard then I cant turn into the hulk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
so he came looking for a dealer. for shame, dr. banner.

• Locked thread