Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

prefect posted:

gently caress you, Joe Walsh the musician kicks rear end. :colbert:

prefect is the dad of chapo thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

I kept seeing posts about Matt Walsh and thinking "aw man but i loved him in Veep" and turns out thats not the same guy either

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

The Muppets On PCP posted:

i get joe walsh confused with the other joe walsh and wonder why is everyone is calling the guy who wrote a bunch of lovely music 50 years ago and who i'm reasonably certain died in the mid-90s a deadbeat dad
See also: Scott Walker

E: I didn't actually read the quote, but I just want to say that Scott Walker the musician rules

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 23:21 on Dec 22, 2017

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
A tougher get was Townes Van Zandt's cover of the Rolling Stones' "Dead Flowers," which plays over Lebowski's closing credits. "[Former Stones manager] Allen Klein owns the rights to it," Burnett says. "He wanted $150,000." Burnett begged Klein to just come down and watch an early cut of Lebowski. "It got to the part where the Dude says, 'I hate the fuckin' Eagles, man!' Klein stands up and says, 'That's it, you can have the song!' That was beautiful."

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Phobophilia posted:

was it matt who did a solo ep on his civil war fighting ancestor?

i think matt should do more history eps, its clear that he loves that poo poo. i tried to convince him on a periscope sesh on the union occupation of new orleans, in particular on benjamin butler, who got smeared by the slaver press for daring to impose order

and holy poo poo the fact that new orleans, a backline city and essential port for the confederacy, got captured and fortified by the union is an indictment on the strategic vision of the confederate government

The irony is that the Navy was built up thanks to southern interests who were afraid of a war with Britain and an invasion from the British Caribbean. After fort Sumter that same Navy went straight to work on the anaconda plan to blockade southern ports and conquer the Mississippi.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Matt Walsh, of UCB and Veep, is virulently Neo-liberal, in all of the worst meanings for that.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

papa horny michael posted:

Matt Walsh, of UCB and Veep, is virulently Neo-liberal, in all of the worst meanings for that.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/944500083181215744

adebisi lives
Nov 11, 2009
Joan Walsh got fired from MSNBC and is extremely online:

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

adebisi lives posted:

stav: "we got... uh... BIG TITTY joan walsh joining us"

SoupyTwist
Feb 20, 2008

adebisi lives posted:

Not to worry, CNN hired her. No pundit goes unpunished.

Speaking of extremely online, how this dude lost the poo poo account tourney I’ll never know...
https://twitter.com/ericgarland/status/944771790659780608

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
I was really sad that I’m blocked tonight

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
I can't even tell what the gently caress he's trying to say

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

DoubleDonut posted:

It's not you, it's the amphetamines.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

DoubleDonut posted:

Something about Will and Maya Kosoff using Russian money to harass him via Vanity Fair?

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
this is what happens when you drink fluoridated water

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
eric garland complaining about being doxxed while i'm sure if he found out of his "suspected russian"'s address he'd have that poo poo up in a pinned tweet.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

I was really sad that I’m blocked tonight

Same. Imagine being related to this guy and having to sit at a Christmas dinner with this clown

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
Merry Gamesmas, everyone.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

IÃÂÃŒÂÌ° Ó̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉mÃÂ̺̩ Ç̬A̡̮̞̠ÚÉ̱̫ K̶eÓgÃÂ.̻̱̪̕Ö̹̟
Where were you when you found out Eric Garland officially lost his mind? I was in a big easy chair half cut on egg nog

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

I was dumping tainted dialysis acid whilst trying to surreptitiously hide a half bottle of wine from the security cameras.

Merry Games-mas to all and to all a good night.

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Matt Christman did nothing wrong.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Love the incredibly long pause with stifled laughter after Matt's visit to Virgil.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

Where were you when you found out Eric Garland officially lost his mind? I was in a big easy chair half cut on egg nog

I was at a Christmas party where I was one of two people under 50 remaining.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Jonas Albrecht posted:

Love the incredibly long pause with stifled laughter after Matt's visit to Virgil.

Also the part where Will says some incomprehensible stuff about Korean esports, then a pause and Virgil off mic saying “I wrote that”.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Joementum posted:

Also the part where Will says some incomprehensible stuff about Korean esports, then a pause and Virgil off mic saying “I wrote that”.

lmao

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
probably the funniest episode I’ve heard.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

"He looks like today Phillip Seymour Hoffman."

Holy poo poo.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009
I was listening to some older Chapos today and man I actually miss Brendan. It sounds noticeably different now. Also he had some good things to say

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

OxySnake posted:

"He looks like today Phillip Seymour Hoffman."

Holy poo poo.
Christman roasted on an open fire.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Speaking of which, Will Menaker did not get nearly enough poo poo, on the show or ITT, for "Hoochie Thought."

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever
there was a good riff on this week's cum town about how bad the chapo guys gently caress up pronunciations

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

quote:

Speaking of gamer cum, you know who thinks he's too good to drink out of that mug? (Matt Christman?) Yeah, he's like "oh, I don't want people to think that I'm swilling a cup of semi-clear gamer piss so diluted by SSRI's that if I take one sip of it I'll go on a suicidal ideation spree on a bridge and have to be talked down by TI." (Does he seriously not know that gamer cum is the purest cum of all?) Exactly. But nooo, he's too good for that. He has to drink his favorite IPA's, you know, poo poo called like "Fat Uncle's Racist Tirade IPA." ("Hoptimus Prime"). Yeah, Hoptimus Prime - "Farrar's Lament." You know, he likes those movies that are called like, you know, "A Goodbye At A Distance," where it's about a train conductor in Japan who finds out he's bisexual but never acts on it, and it's seven hours long. That's what he likes instead of gaming. (Or, "Tomorrow's Hello") He loves movies called "Tomorrow's Hello" that are about IRA-sympathetic nurses' assistants that are also nine hours long.

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan
Today I did a terrible, wasteful thing. (On a couple different levels...)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Pale Peril posted:

Today I did a terrible, wasteful thing. (On a couple different levels...)

this is good

Pale Peril
Jun 21, 2015

The engineering of consent is the very essence of the democratic process, the freedom to persuade and suggest.
- Edward Bernays

Tortured By Flan

I hate I ran out of characters and couldn't do the whole rant. :argh:

quote:

Virgil: Ohhh… What is this? What Is This?
WHAT IS THIS! NO! What is this?!? Show them this! Run it… No, don’t loving put it in your loving television screen! Show them THAT!
He loving Won! I said it for loving weeks! AND HE loving WON! [pounds fists on table] You didn’t believe me! None of you loving believed me!
For weeks you sent me a loving poop emoji! You sent me a hand emoji pointing to the poop emoji, you loving philistines! None of you loving listened to me! You didn't loving care! You loving imbeciles!
Instead, you know what you listened to? You know who you listened to? You listened this loving frog. You listened to Matt Christman. You listened to this Pusillanimous Pied Piper of Polling! You listened to this Cartoon of Turnouts.
And look where it got you.
I was right. I was right from Day. loving. One. And he was wrong.
You wanna keep sending me the poop emoji? By all means, you should send it to him because he’s touching it. He’s touching it. He's reading the book.
He’s going to get Toxo-pla... Toxoplasmosis.
And I was right. I was right. I. Was. Right!
I gave the sensible analysis, that made sense. That was based on, data. It was based on rational assertions. And everyone said,“Well, you should be right but it's Al-a-bam-ma. You’re gonna, you’re gonna touch some poop.”
Well I was right! I Was right! I was right! I WAS RIGHT! [Slaps table.]

Matt: Alright. So that's it guys. I got owned.

Virgil: You got owned.

Matt: I got owned.

Virgil: You. Got. Owned. You got owned. Every single person said, “Uh well, I’m sorry Vigil but Matt’s right and you’re going to touch the poop. Uh, I know you know data analysis. I know you're an intelligent human being who understands things. I know you’re the most intelligent member of Chapo Trap House who has followed elections and clearly knows the most. But, uh, but Matt actually gonna to win it.” because he has a beard and big fat Midwestern rear end in a top hat loving guy.
Well, you put you money on that! You loving imbeciles! You swine. gently caress you. gently caress all of you! Go to hell.

Never bet against a Gamer.
Never bet against a D.Va main.

There are somethings I might have not gotten correct early on. Such as the sentence about the television screen or it actually sounds to me he called Matt a 'prawn' instead of frog. And sounds like he said 'Cartooth of Turnouts.' :shrug:

Pale Peril fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Dec 27, 2017

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

he calls him a fraud

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

mods change my name to Farrar's Lament

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

what the hell happened to set off eric garland this time? i know hes been melting down for like a week now but i can't find the cause

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

someone wrote an article which mentioned him as one of the famous online russia cranks and he started connecting those dots

Joementum posted:

i just got to this and if you mean Matt it's "assuming young Reinhart main Young Song Ho doesn't get a suspension for calling his teammate a byeongshin [rear end in a top hat
, if my hangul of his pronunciation is correct, 병신]". not sure if YSH is the name of an actual overwatch pro or this describes an actual incident because it's a bad game.

Antares fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Dec 27, 2017