Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

RFC2324 posted:

odd is fun if you run a warcrime

and ods is fun when you go melee heavy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Nalesh posted:

and ods warframe is fun when you go melee heavy.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Captain Oblivious posted:

If I’m about to dehumanize myself and face to Hema with some clanners, what’s my best option for Mutagen Sample farming? Alcohol recommendations are also welcome :shepface:

Orokin Derelict Defense. For maximum optimal hyperfarm bring nekros, hydroid, or speedva, and use a weapon with a slash bias so when you kill enemies they get cut into multiple gibs for your nekros buddy to loot.
Survival works too kinda. You'll see less mutagen on average but there is that one Octavia part that you need to run for 20 minutes to get a chance at.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
ODS may at least be helpful for a lazy Focus farming run mixed with a bunch of eggnog. ODD is probably significantly more efficient though.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
Plus w ODD you'll be farming lith relics if you need em. (I need them for akbolto barrels)

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Torment is up if you guys want to go for Argon Scopes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

torment is the first acolyte so far with actually good mods, such as blood rush and the modset that gives +crit chance for 9 seconds when you headshot something, which includes said argon scope for rifles

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

Wiki says it has a 4% drop rate.

That is not very festive...

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Warframes have been gifted. HAPPY HEAD HUNTING ALL

Wyld Karde posted:

Thanks Avynte for the forma bundle and stack of blue potatoes. :thumbsup:

Probably a bit cheeky doing this in a post where I'm thanking someone else for gifting me, so I'll understand if you decide to pass me by, but if you're feeling generous I'd like to get my hands on Nova please.

since I didn't get you your ninja golem, I'd be more than happy to help you farm it, as the boss it drops from is pretty easy

RossCo
Dec 30, 2012

I have no idea what I am doing in almost any given situation.

Weeping Wound posted:

Warframes have been gifted. HAPPY HEAD HUNTING ALL

Thank you so much!

No more fruitless defection farming... I'm free!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

CODChimera posted:

Wiki says it has a 4% drop rate.

That is not very festive...

violence drops bladed rounds which is like...basically the same thing and is a 22% drop chance for them, so there's that

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Bladed Rounds is also just straight more damage over Argon Scope for a lot of guns. Someone probably has the math handy for that.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
I don’t remember the event from last time so well but if the Acolyte is defeated it won’t be coming back this event right? I’ll gift someone in the clan 200p for an Argon Scope if so. I farmed last event but didn’t have enough time to get Argon Scope and I don’t want to wait for the next time.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

necrobobsledder posted:

I don’t remember the event from last time so well but if the Acolyte is defeated it won’t be coming back this event right? I’ll gift someone in the clan 200p for an Argon Scope if so. I farmed last event but didn’t have enough time to get Argon Scope and I don’t want to wait for the next time.

Torment is still at 93% or so, you've got plenty of time.

It seems like DE saw the problems last event with people grinding the alcolytes out too fast finishing in a matter of hours, and have slowed it down so everyone has an opportunity. Reddit is saying they're probably time-gated rather than disappearing based on the actual damage done to them.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it has to be time-gated now, because torment sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at just shy of 92% after most of the day

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
Acolyte tracker, as requested:

http://cdn.rawgit.com/Markcreator/warframe-acolyte/fa108ba/index.html?platform=pc

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
There's also one on the Warframe Timers page now too, which is a handy site in general. Not as pretty as the one above though!

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Want to mention for newbies and folk, since it often gets lost among all the other stuff:

Things on the market for Christmas for 1cr for a LIMITED TIME:
That's right, not 10 plat, or even 1 plat, or even 50k credits, but 1 measly credit! Get them now.

Festive Decorations: Make the front of your liset Christmas-y (These disappear after the end of the year)
Spearmint Scythes: This skin means you too can swing around Candy Canes at your foes.
Little Helper Hat: Give that cute dog a cute hat.
Ringers: This punch-weapon skin means you can punch people with Jingle Bells now.

Pro-tip: Just use search in the market, as these may not be in the correct places.

BeAuMaN fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Dec 24, 2017

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

BeAuMaN posted:

Want to mention for newbies and folk, since it often gets lost among all the other stuff:

Things on the market for Christmas for 1cr for a LIMITED TIME:

Festive Decorations: Make the front of your liset Christmas-y (These disappear after the end of the year)
Spearmint Scythes: This skin means you too can swing around Candy Canes at your foes.
Little Helper Hat: Give that cute dog a cute hat.
Ringers: This punch-weapon skin means you can punch people with Jingle Bells now.

I gifted someone an extremely festive Sonicor skin because it reminded me of festive TF2 items :colbert:

Penis Vanguard
Mar 5, 2014

BeAuMaN posted:

Unless they fixed it this Christmas, this is not the case. They stick around forever unless you sell them, which only real hitlers do.

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

Johnny Joestar posted:

it has to be time-gated now, because torment sure as hell wouldn't be sitting at just shy of 92% after most of the day

It is. Look at the graphs

https://tenno.tools/

Each Acolyte loose roughly 1.4% health each hour and they all decay at the same rate, so they will each be around for 3 days. The acolyte presence on a node also seem limited to 15 minutes and seem always "found" after roughly the same time.

The event is not running like the original Tactical alert or the previous one (This is good, Violence and Torment wont be gone after 8 hours) Its more like "Acolyte alerts" this time.

Good luck everyone with getting the 4% drop mods.

Khorne
May 1, 2002
Why did all my old noggle statues disappear?

BeAuMaN posted:

I can't find this in the market.

Nevermind, it's not under cosmetics for some reason.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Dec 24, 2017

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Torment is still at 93% or so, you've got plenty of time.

It seems like DE saw the problems last event with people grinding the alcolytes out too fast finishing in a matter of hours, and have slowed it down so everyone has an opportunity. Reddit is saying they're probably time-gated rather than disappearing based on the actual damage done to them.
Yeah.... given what I’m seeing with the RNG I’m probably not going to get it without poopsocking through the event so it’s still more efficient to do something else and just hope to get in the 15 minute window it’s found. The time-money trade-off is still unchanged as far as I’m concerned and it seems the last go-around may have actually been more viable for casual players.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Penis Vanguard posted:

Unless they fixed it this Christmas, this is not the case. They stick around forever unless you sell them, which only real hitlers do.

they got rid of mine last time :(

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010
I've had my decorations for a full year. You sure you didn't sell them in an alcohol infused fugue state? Won't be getting back into town for the holidays until Tuesday, wonder what acolytes will be left then.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Raptor1033 posted:

I've had my decorations for a full year. You sure you didn't sell them in an alcohol infused fugue state? Won't be getting back into town for the holidays until Tuesday, wonder what acolytes will be left then.

Yeah same

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Nap Ghost
I’ve had my Christmas decorations on my ship for like 3 years now it seems. I don’t remember the last time that I didn’t have sleigh bells randomly off in the background and in the middle of summer it just seems surreal.

Tormented
Jan 22, 2004

"And the goat shall bear upon itself all their iniquities unto a solitary place..."
Just shouting out to CaveAdapted for the Weapons slots!

They were much much needed! :)

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

GoonFrame Discord Chronicles posted:

And so it was in #dojo, that Lorne lamented of his unsold Rivens and constant poverty.
Thus BeAuMaN asked "Is there a Riven Market Site? Why is this not a thing?"
And lo, Cathair made his prescence known, saying to The One Who is Rad:
"jesus christ Rad it's like a continuous stream of wrong in here"
and so he became A Force for Cathair.
He proclaimed several sites of note.
Of the 1st, wftrader.com, which is the popular one, plain, boring, and functional.
Of the 2nd he shouted, rivenmods.trade. It was broken and useless.
Of the 3rd he exclaimed, riven.market. This one is shiney and new, but woefully unfinished.

And so people rejoiced, because Riven Mods should not be unsold.

This was another edition of GoonFrame Discord Chronicles.

(I didn't know about any of this. Go sell Rivens. The Lazy Way.)

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

So this is a weird little thing I discovered today, but you usually can only throw down a specter of one type at a time.

But I found out you can actually throw a second when you're in operator form. They only follow the operator so when you go back to warframe mode it just defaults to hold position mode so this is only really interesting for endless stuff.

But this means teams can deploy 8 Clems for endless missions also.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Berke Negri posted:

But this means teams can deploy 8 Clems for endless missions also.

Yessssssssssssssssssssssssssss

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Ive had my orbiter christmas decorations up for so long i had to double check they were still there because I've taken them for granted as the default cosmetic for so long.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

Apparently there's a lot of selfless loving goons

Only ~50k Mutagen Samples to go :allears:

Jul 20, 2006
Any chance I could get an invite to the PS4 clan? I'm c-phood in game. I've been lurking for a bit but not seen any details on how to join...

TacticalNecromancy
May 25, 2015

The lander segment's great and I'll strongly recommend it. Really adds something.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Nidus seems like the best spectre frame
but any idea what would be the best loadout for a spectre

aleksendr
May 14, 2014
Last day to get something from Angst

https://cdn.rawgit.com/Markcreator/warframe-acolyte/e0a884e/index.html?platform=pc

If Violence follow the predictions it should show up this afternoon and be there untill tuesday.

Quirkk
Sep 1, 2012

aleksendr posted:

Last day to get something from Angst

https://cdn.rawgit.com/Markcreator/warframe-acolyte/e0a884e/index.html?platform=pc

If Violence follow the predictions it should show up this afternoon and be there untill tuesday.

Isn't there still Mania too?

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Terbulus posted:

Nidus seems like the best spectre frame
but any idea what would be the best loadout for a spectre

Pretty sure they use no mods, so something like inaros with the biggest shotguns possible primary and secondary like a sancti Tigris and brakk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

I rolled an astilla riven

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYzeAvZf7VA

do we support webm here yet?