Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Relevant Tangent posted:

I love multiple collars, makes dudes look like hothouse flowers. Give me a bunch of collars and no other part of the shirt techbros, it's the only sensible thing to do.

Go even further, and bring back ruffs. Let's select for fanciest collar until techbros are all long-necked like those Kayan Lahwi ladies only with fancy collars instead of rings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

"popped collars" is a decent Google image search

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Puppy Time posted:

Go even further, and bring back ruffs.

Mike Cernovich is way ahead of you. But he's less DE and more straight out alt-right.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
hamill owned

https://twitter.com/St_Rev/status/942543087615823872

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

well now i just know this jackass hasn't seen the movie

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

does he know what any of those words mean

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pomp posted:

does he know what any of those words mean
I think he's got "the" down.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Somehow surprised whatever brain virus he has progressed to the point where he's defending the end of net neutrality to own the prig progs who dare to make normative statements on a left-wing basis

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
To be fair, morally complex readings of simplistic hero archetypes is a favorite activity of the left too.

To be even more fair, Ajit Pai is irredeemable scum who is less morally complex than star wars' most famous villain

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My favorite part is he used "enriched a giant corporation" as a negative point.

In an argument against net neutrality.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Setting side the dumbass part where he calls the Jedi an oligarchy in the same sentence that he says they were formed through genetics rather than money, the Jedi specifically didn't take a ruling position in the Republic and were entirely subservient to the federal government as a galactic peacekeeping force.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

He's right, if you ignore the subtext, text and supertext of Star Wars

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp
https://twitter.com/akumeoy/status/943213150635257856

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Now do the box experiment, but it's loss

90s Cringe Rock
Nov 29, 2006
:gay:
foreverial digitised yud, ai torture permanently and loving it

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

ate all the Oreos posted:

In an argument against net neutrality.

you can never tell what he's arguing for or against most the time, similar to the inane rantings of a geriatric. i think he's just mad here that someone made a normative vaguely leftist statement.

and now, the meta-rationalism of jordan peterson:

https://twitter.com/i_contemplate_/status/943224489550245890

Fututor Magnus has a new favorite as of 20:20 on Dec 20, 2017

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

Fututor Magnus posted:

you can never tell what he's arguing for or against most the time, similar to the inane rantings of a geriatric. i think he's just mad here that someone made a normative vaguely leftist statement.

and now, the meta-rationalism of jordan peterson:

https://twitter.com/i_contemplate_/status/943224489550245890

Judging by the userid this is not parody, but I don't think I could write a description of any dispute that was more obviously up my own rear end if I spent weeks drafting and editing it.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

ikanreed posted:

Now do the box experiment, but it's loss

Loss edits are already a sort of Chinese Room, in that it's people moving a load of images around in a set pattern without any understanding of what it means.

eschaton
Mar 7, 2007

Don't you just hate when you wind up in a store with people who are in a socioeconomic class that is pretty obviously about two levels lower than your own?

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Loss edits are already a sort of Chinese Room, in that it's people moving a load of images around in a set pattern without any understanding of what it means.

Often it’s harder on the reader.

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

• YOU WERE ONEness PROGS ON THE
EARTH OPPOSITES ALL YOUR LIFE.
• LOVE OF AI IS HATE OF DUSTSPECKS.
• SUPPORT AIBOX OR BE CURSED.

LOSS HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-PANEL
AI BOX
WITHIN SINGLE EXPERIMENT.
4 CORNER BOX PROVES 1
DAY 1 AI IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF AIBOX4
SIMPLE MATH IS MINDKILLER
AND EVIL EDUCATION DAMNATION.
BOXLESS AMERICANS DESERVE -
AND SHALL BE EXTERMINATED.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Grace Baiting posted:

LOSS HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-PANEL
AI BOX
4 CORNER BOX PROVES 1
DAY 1 AI IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF AIBOX4

:drat:

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Grace Baiting posted:

LOSS HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-PANEL
AI BOX
4 CORNER BOX PROVES 1
DAY 1 AI IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF AIBOX4

psutify
Oct 19, 2012

Grace Baiting posted:

LOSS HAS 4 CORNER
SIMULTANEOUS 4-PANEL
AI BOX
4 CORNER BOX PROVES 1
DAY 1 AI IS TAUGHT EVIL.
IGNORANCE OF AIBOX4

Is this Time Cube? Is that still a thing?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

psutify posted:

Is this Time Cube? Is that still a thing?

Gene Ray is dead and Time Cube only exists on archive.org.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

I feel like if Wisest Human Gene Ray had come along a few years later, in the era of everything-Truthers and Flat Earthers, he might have had a better chance of picking up a sincere following.

Syd Midnight
Sep 23, 2005

Gene Ray is dead, but dead people can still start cults

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Syd Midnight posted:

Gene Ray is dead, but dead people can still start cults

Psh, name one person who started a cult after they died. I mean Jesus Christ, how would you even...

wait nvm

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Goon Danton posted:

I feel like if Wisest Human Gene Ray had come along a few years later, in the era of everything-Truthers and Flat Earthers, he might have had a better chance of picking up a sincere following.

Never forget that a few years ago, the dark enlightenment was really loving into a conspiracy theory where they were the enlightened descendants of neanderthals and all the untermenschen were the descendants of cro-magnons who were ruled over by the evil melonheads

Curvature of Earth
Sep 9, 2011

Projected cost of
invading Canada:
$900
Mike Cernovich held a Reddit AMA and it's, uh...

not exactly going well for him.

A while ago, someone (maybe on this thread?) suggested that, while leftist movements often self-destruct due to endless factionalism and the circular firing squad, reactionary movements tend to self-destruct due to overreach. Cernovich's AMA is a more subtle example of it, but I think it fits.

Cernovich has held at least three other AMAs on Reddit over the past couple years, all on alt-right subreddits. He got positive reactions on all of them. So, naturally, he probably thought that enough people liked him to justify an AMA on r/IAmA proper. It never occurred to him that the majority of people who've both heard of him and aren't explict alt-righters themselves think he's a douchebag. He stewed in his tiny pond for over a year, assumed he had ~status~ in the big ocean, so he jumped over and is now being eaten alive.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
All these CHUDs think they're hot poo poo because they have theur cadre of bootlickers. gently caress, look at Bannon, a Hollywood also-ran who thinks he's "Darth Vader" and on the same political level as Putin and other people who's biggest accomplishments weren't a failed Warcraft gold selling business.

ol qwerty bastard
Dec 13, 2005

If you want something done, do it yourself!

It's not often I see a burn powerful enough I actually say "OH" out loud, but this one did it.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
I just played Universal Paperclips through to the end. It was fun! Particularly if you leave it running for a few hours in the grinding bits.

ArcMage
Sep 14, 2007

What is this thread?

Ramrod XTreme
E: Goddammit

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
https://twitter.com/slatestarcodex/status/944739157988974592

Scott posts a good thing that is actually in his sphere of expertise. Merry 25th!

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

divabot posted:

https://twitter.com/slatestarcodex/status/944739157988974592

Scott posts a good thing that is actually in his sphere of expertise. Merry 25th!

Is he still holding fast to the "Well ACTUALLY we can't say trump is racist becaues *handwringing intensifies*" after the stuff Trump said this week?

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Vosgian Beast posted:

Is he still holding fast to the "Well ACTUALLY we can't say trump is racist becaues *handwringing intensifies*" after the stuff Trump said this week?

You mean the ALLEGED things he said ALLEGEDLY

After all some of them really do live in huts and furthermore...

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

syq dude, just syq!

ate all the Oreos posted:

You mean the ALLEGED things he said ALLEGEDLY

After all some of them really do live in huts and furthermore...

So there's this thing where it's not possible to find out what you're talking about by searching for "Trump racist comments"

What did I miss this time?

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

ikanreed posted:

So there's this thing where it's not possible to find out what you're talking about by searching for "Trump racist comments"

What did I miss this time?

Behold.

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
Hey everyone, Phil Sandifer's books are on sale this week on SmashWords, including the awesome and unjustly neglected Guided By The Beauty Of Their Weapons (aka What The gently caress Vox Day's Problem Is), which is FREE. So you have no excuse. These are ePubs, but you can convert them for your Kindle with Calibre if you like.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

divabot posted:

Hey everyone, Phil Sandifer's books are on sale this week on SmashWords, including the awesome and unjustly neglected Guided By The Beauty Of Their Weapons (aka What The gently caress Vox Day's Problem Is), which is FREE. So you have no excuse. These are ePubs, but you can convert them for your Kindle with Calibre if you like.

Oh hell yeah. Thank you.