Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
Here's some mugshots

I have no idea why Khalida is posed like that, and it looks like they all (except possibly Khalida) need a dentist.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Stephen9001 fucked around with this message at 13:08 on Dec 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZeusJupitar
Jul 7, 2009

Stephen9001 posted:

I have no idea why Khalida is posed like that, and it looks like they all (except possibly Khalida) need a dentist.

She's admiring the orange and white snake around her arm. You can't see it's head so it's not immediately obvious what's going on.

ZeusJupitar fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Dec 24, 2017

99pct of germs
Apr 13, 2013

Day 5

Neato

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Uh yeah, the only choice is the guy with the Biting Skull Tornado spell, that's weird.

rockopete
Jan 19, 2005

Stephen9001 posted:

it looks like they all (except possibly Khalida) need a dentist.

Should they not? They've been mummified for 1000+ years except Khatep, who's been a walking corpse for the same amount of time. Arkhan especially should have terrible blackened teeth, which for some reason they didn't put in.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

AngryBooch posted:

Uh yeah, the only choice is the guy with the Biting Skull Tornado spell, that's weird.

I'm fairly certain those are standard tomb kings lore spells.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

I'm fairly certain those are standard tomb kings lore spells.

Oh weird, the only start choices I have in game now are Tomb Kings.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

ZeusJupitar posted:

Chaos and Beastmen are both horde factions, meaning they don't have fixed cities. Each army carries a camp around with them with is your infrastructure and can bud off new armies. It's a playstyle that's fairly love-it-or-hate it.

Chaos are a force of tanky knights, while beasts are fragile glass cannons. Beasts are designed for guerrilla tactics on the campaign map. They have major bonuses to their chance to ambush and can make themselves undetectable in their camped state. Chaos are the opposite, they just stomp across the map and take on all comers. They had some notable design flaws when WH1 was first released that made the campaign quite un-fun, but they got substantially reworked since then.

Wait, what did they change in tww1 chaos?

Lassitude
Oct 21, 2003

Sekenr posted:

Chaos got a major overhaul, with upgrades/etc. reducing upkeep, only marauder units infighting, and other poo poo to make them more fun to play. Also being able to immediately subjugate Norscan tribes and stuff. These changes were not brought over in ME initially. Not sure how many are in now, but possibly none of them. Either way Norsca being many months away also makes Chaos less fun to play.

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Sekenr posted:

They made it so you can auto-vassalize Norscans by beating up their boss, just like Norsca. Also you actually get favor from vassals, so it's more useful in general.

Also only their poo poo units have animosity, so you don't have to keep all your stacks miles apart.

They also get replenishment bonuses with every tier of research, so that healing is less of a drag. And they get the one-turn loot+raze or growth+raze options that Beastmen have.

Also they get a bunch of new skills and stuff as part of the Foundation update.

End result is that Chaos is kind of overpowered, but actually fun to play for a change.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Cool. Just to be clear, this stuff is in TWW1 or 2?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010

Sekenr posted:

Cool. Just to be clear, this stuff is in TWW1 or 2?

The changes were all made in TWW 1, plus the 6 Chaos RoR that came with the Norsca. How many of those changes aside from the foundation skills have actually been brought over to 2 I honestly don't know. I haven't tried a Chaos campaign in ME.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

madmac posted:

The changes were all made in TWW 1, plus the 6 Chaos RoR that came with the Norsca. How many of those changes aside from the foundation skills have actually been brought over to 2 I honestly don't know. I haven't tried a Chaos campaign in ME.

Everything but the RoR (and possibly some skills) are in as of the last patch.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

madmac posted:

you can auto-vassalize Norscans by beating up their boss, just like Norsca.

god drat it

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Dec 24, 2017

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Did they ever announce whether they were going to do anything with the climate system and how the AI doesn't seem to give a single gently caress? Because it really throws a lot of the ME balance out of whack.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Ravenfood posted:

Did they ever announce whether they were going to do anything with the climate system and how the AI doesn't seem to give a single gently caress? Because it really throws a lot of the ME balance out of whack.

There are a few mods for that but I don't know which one is good anymore. The one I used is now out of date.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169853500

quote:

WHAT THIS MOD CHANGES:

1.) The AI now finds uninhabitable regions much less interesting for conquest and it will mostly just sack or raze them. It will no longer colonize uninhabitable regions.

2.) The AI now treats suitable and unsuitable regions differently. It will still colonize and conquer unsuitable regions, but the chance to sack or raze them is much higher.

3.) There are no longer AI profiles that ignore the type of climate. Every faction will now take the climate into consideration when deciding whether to conquer, sack, raze or colonize a settlement.

WHAT THIS MOD DOES NOT CHANGE:

I have left climate suitability across all races untouched.

If you want those changes in addition to the AI changes, you can use this mod instead:

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169777450

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Third World Reggin posted:

There are a few mods for that but I don't know which one is good anymore. The one I used is now out of date.

EDIT: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1169853500

Yeah, I used that for a bit. The main problem seems to be that while it works for conquering, it doesn't seem to do anything about the AI deciding to settle. I watched the AI raze a settlement then immediately decide to colonize the ruins (and they didn't have the ruin-dweller trait). So, it works for when the AI takes a settlement, but doesn't do anything about the AI seeing ruins and deciding whether or not to settle.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Rookersh posted:

But ME just isn't there yet. It's poorly balanced, the Old World races feel like they are unfinished against the New World stuff ( which feels bad both ways. ), the Climate changes weren't tested, and the Vortex campaign isn't very good.

Tne Vortex campaign is fine. You may not like the Vortex specific mechanic and that's okay, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. I'm not a big fan of the whole vortex mechanic but some people really wanted that extra structure to their campaign and love it.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Ravenfood posted:

Yeah, I used that for a bit. The main problem seems to be that while it works for conquering, it doesn't seem to do anything about the AI deciding to settle. I watched the AI raze a settlement then immediately decide to colonize the ruins (and they didn't have the ruin-dweller trait). So, it works for when the AI takes a settlement, but doesn't do anything about the AI seeing ruins and deciding whether or not to settle.

It hasn't been updated for a while and I don't think it works with the latest patches.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Re; mod conversation earlier, ill throw my hat in the ring for Boyz will be Boyz, which doesnt try to improve vanilla so much as change it as close to TT as possible. And it actually kind of works! Worth a look at least.

Also, GemFX is a good dl if you feel like tweaking the games lighting, which can be pretty dire sometimes (oraaaange)

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

nessin posted:

Tne Vortex campaign is fine. You may not like the Vortex specific mechanic and that's okay, but that doesn't mean it isn't good. I'm not a big fan of the whole vortex mechanic but some people really wanted that extra structure to their campaign and love it.

It fails as a structured losable campaign because the AI cheats itself Ritual Resource, and the winning strategy for every type is to turtle tall and just pop off all the Rituals after you've established tall.

It doesn't matter that you sailed across the world to stop Kroq'Gar and took his ritual sites. He'll still outpace your resource gain 3 to 1 with only two cities.

It fails as a sandbox experience because even if you ignore the Ritual element and attempt a sandbox the AI is hardcoded to focus on Ritual sites/defending areas it doesn't need so you don't have the variety sandbox usually provides.

It's a fundamentally broken map held up by the virtues of the base product/how good the new races are.

Like I LIKE structured campaigns, and its a bad one.

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Rookersh posted:

It fails as a structured losable campaign because the AI cheats itself Ritual Resource, and the winning strategy for every type is to turtle tall and just pop off all the Rituals after you've established tall.

That's just the nature of building an AI to compete with a player in any game with a similar objective.

quote:

It doesn't matter that you sailed across the world to stop Kroq'Gar and took his ritual sites. He'll still outpace your resource gain 3 to 1 with only two cities.

Maybe on Legendary which I can't speak for because I haven't played, but not on Very Hard or lower. Hyperbole does not help your point.

quote:

It fails as a sandbox experience because even if you ignore the Ritual element and attempt a sandbox the AI is hardcoded to focus on Ritual sites/defending areas it doesn't need so you don't have the variety sandbox usually provides.

It isn't a sandbox campaign and thus fails as a sandbox campaign. I don't know if that's a surprise to you or you're just trying to create poo poo to complain about.

quote:

It's a fundamentally broken map held up by the virtues of the base product/how good the new races are.

How is the map broken? You've talked about the vortex mechanics and how the AI handles them, but you've not mentioned the map at all.

quote:

It's painfully obvious you want something out of the Vortex campaign that it wasn't intended or designed for and you're holding that up as proof that the campaign is bad.

nessin fucked around with this message at 21:44 on Dec 24, 2017

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Been playing another game as the Vamps and using that Dwarven diplomacy nerf mod that, instead of just making all dwarf units incredibly expensive to upkeep, scales that poo poo based on their territorial gains, while simultaneously increasing dwarven aversion to other dwarves as they grow larger.

Net effect is that you can end up with dwarves expanding into the Badlands, but it takes longer due to their inability to confederate after a while. Meanwhile, they're not making GBS threads out dozens of doomstacks on turn 10 or whatever, so they just slow down exponentially as they gain more ground. It's a more elegant solution to the problem than outright disabling AI confederations, or totally loving up dwarven upkeep. This lets them build a sizeable Empire without loving drowning the entire map in beards.

The Greenskins still get poo poo on, though. It just takes longer. :smith:

Meanwhile, allying with the Dark Elves is basically game over when you're the Counts. Morathi has confederated everyone and conquered basically everything in the western hemisphere, I'm finishing off the Empire and Kislev and then will turn south to knock out the dwarves. The elves are hellmarching the Southlands with an ungodly number of stacks, so I expect everyone down there will be enslaved shortly, and my plan is to meet up with them as they push north while I push south.

It's been an interesting campaign. The counts are one of my favorite factions in ME (despite the Old World races still needing to be brought up to par with the new ones). If/when CA gets everything up to WH2 standards, they'll be fantastic.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Rookersh posted:

Somehow I managed to win the ritual race on hard with everyone but Skaven soooo

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Yeah, I'm not the biggest fan of vortex myself but I have played through it with all the races because I'm exactly that kind of insufferable completionist, and I've never once lost the resource race. Pretty sure the AI isn't cheating there.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
If a regular lord becomes cart riding battle Hitler when they get a chariot, what is Settra going to be?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

JBP posted:

If a regular lord becomes cart riding battle Hitler when they get a chariot, what is Settra going to be?

Cart riding battle Hitler but also ON FIRE

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Psycho Landlord posted:

Cart riding battle Hitler but also ON FIRE

To clarify, the cart and horses will be on fire. The fire kneels to Settra.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

ZarathustraFollower posted:

To clarify, the cart and horses will be on fire. The fire kneels to Settra.

And there will be four horses rather then two.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
the vortex fails as a campaign because it's barely there and what is there sucks and is meaningless, completely meaningless. The best thing that can be said about it is that it doesn't make the game worse.

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

I really liked the Vortex campaign. It's literally a TW1 campaign except your objectives aren't focused on occupying territory per se and every once and a while you manually trigger a mini-chaos invasion. Then at the end there is one final scripted battle. Honestly I felt like it was a really nice 'short' campaign.

Plavski
Feb 1, 2006

I could be a revolutionary

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This isn't the Cursed Images thread.

Ammanas
Jul 17, 2005

Voltes V: "Laser swooooooooord!"
I had no idea wurrzag had two Rs in his name. Thought it was Wurzag

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Magni posted:

Now how many troll-size or larger gribblies were roaming around Switzerland at that time again? And how big was the chance that marching an army through any random forest could end up in a few thousand local Beastmen and whatever other things decided to tag along with them deciding to go bushwhacking said army?

have you literally ever seen a Swiss?

madmac
Jun 22, 2010
So apparently modders have datamined Tretch Craventail as the FLC Skaven Lord. Also Shadow Warriors I guess.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tretch_Craventail

Gotta be honest, If I made a list of 5 Skaven characters to be added to the game after the two we already got, Tretch would be...five, just above Gnawtooth, the guy who's backstory is just "really loves hanging with rats. Er, normal-ish, not talking rats."

Basically his deal is being the weakest, most cowardly and most treacherous of all Skavenkind. It gives him an amusing backstory but I can't imagine what CA could do with him that didn't boil down to "Worse Queek".

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

madmac posted:

So apparently modders have datamined Tretch Craventail as the FLC Skaven Lord. Also Shadow Warriors I guess.

http://warhammerfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Tretch_Craventail

Gotta be honest, If I made a list of 5 Skaven characters to be added to the game after the two we already got, Tretch would be...five, just above Gnawtooth, the guy who's backstory is just "really loves hanging with rats. Er, normal-ish, not talking rats."

Basically his deal is being the weakest, most cowardly and most treacherous of all Skavenkind. It gives him an amusing backstory but I can't imagine what CA could do with him that didn't boil down to "Worse Queek".

If Thanquol doesn't go in then gently caress this game. Wasted potential.

Maybe Craventail will be the "Dan Hibiki" of the game. Utterly crappy, but humiliating to get beaten by when up against a player of superior skill.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

How the gently caress do they look at Craventail and go "Yep, THIS is the giant rat that makes all of da rules!"

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Dandywalken posted:

How the gently caress do they look at Craventail and go "Yep, THIS is the giant rat that makes all of da rules!"

This, I think:

quote:

"Recently Tretch assumed the Clan Rictus title of Grand Chieftain of the Deep Warrens by disguising himself as a stalactite and dropping from the cavern ceiling to cleave the previous Chieftain in two."

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
What is Rictus starting position? That might have something to do with it.