Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
hispanics are white though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I still don’t think there can be that many internet nazis, compared to racists of earlier generations. They’re still outcasts, because I feel like normal kids who play video games still integrate them into their larger social world, like playing with friends. Snapchat can serve regular teenagers who have actual friends or disgusting weirdos who seek out boobs and get nazis, but there still has to be some kind of malfunction.

Maybe the distinction is that introvert nerds used to have to go outside?

The Phlegmatist
Nov 24, 2003

kingcobweb posted:

they spend a lot of time online

ding ding ding

furries spend all their loving time online so that's why it's communists vs nazis because that's what weird online outcasts larp as these days, it's no more complicated than that

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

business hammocks posted:

I still don’t think there can be that many internet nazis, compared to racists of earlier generations. They’re still outcasts, because I feel like normal kids who play video games still integrate them into their larger social world, like playing with friends. Snapchat can serve regular teenagers who have actual friends or disgusting weirdos who seek out boobs and get nazis, but there still has to be some kind of malfunction.

no i know what it is. now that superheroes are mainstream nerds needed new heroes, the nazis.

somebody should definitely do that feature in teen vogue though, ive been in toxic relationships, and it kills me to read stories like that, and yeah after i said it sarcastically it makes sense that most teen girls probably wouldnt be able to identify nazi symbology outside of swastikas and, like the ss runes

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything

this is the idiot who posted a video calling flat-earthers stupid, which was heavily downvoted

he was surprised his fanbase was made up of flat-earthers and couldn't understand why

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Ague Proof posted:

this is the idiot who posted a video calling flat-earthers stupid, which was heavily downvoted

he was surprised his fanbase was made up of flat-earthers and couldn't understand why

Lol

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

I heard a joke once: How many crimethincers does it take to change a lightbulb?

As we sat on the grimy roof of the squat, bathed in dying streetlights watching the sun rise, we knew we could do it. We hungrily consumed the last of the dumpstered bagels and gripped each other’s hands in the glow of early morning. And we knew right then, and forever -- if we could change that lightbulb, we could change the entire world.

Nobody else is going to appreciate this as much as I do

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 24 days!)

Ague Proof posted:

doesn't that idiot know that God made The Firmament a flat disc? hope he likes getting left behind in the rapture

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

my girlfriend is Legos posted:

I'm not sure I understand all the bitcoin posts in here lately. Sure, bitcoiners are invariably dumb as poo poo, but isn't it a bit of a leap to lump them together with the alt-right? Am I missing something?

https://www.upress.umn.edu/book-division/books/the-politics-of-bitcoin

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
bitcoiners are nerds
alt righters are nerds
nerds are bad, QED

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Captain_Maclaine posted:

He's a literally insane cultist.

which cult? i have always been facinated with them

fun story: years back i was walking down hollywood boulevard around christmas time with some buddies. as we were walking we noticed a big fancy winter wonderland in an empty lot. it had awinding path that went past fake snowy hills and pine trees and whatnot and ended at a big throne a santa was sitting on

one of my friends pointed out that the big "WINTER WONDERLAND" sign above santas throne had some tiny text underneath it that read "presented by L. Ron Hubbard & the Church of Scientology"

so scientology was straight up celebrating another religions holiday. im pretty sure their scam was to mail people the pictures of their kids on santas lap so they could send them scieno lit

Ponies Ist Krieg
Dec 10, 2017

I heard a joke once: How many crimethincers does it take to change a lightbulb?

As we sat on the grimy roof of the squat, bathed in dying streetlights watching the sun rise, we knew we could do it. We hungrily consumed the last of the dumpstered bagels and gripped each other’s hands in the glow of early morning. And we knew right then, and forever -- if we could change that lightbulb, we could change the entire world.

:perfect:

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

cumshitter posted:

fun story: years back i was walking down hollywood boulevard around christmas time with some buddies. as we were walking we noticed a big fancy winter wonderland in an empty lot. it had awinding path that went past fake snowy hills and pine trees and whatnot and ended at a big throne a santa was sitting on

one of my friends pointed out that the big "WINTER WONDERLAND" sign above santas throne had some tiny text underneath it that read "presented by L. Ron Hubbard & the Church of Scientology"

so scientology was straight up celebrating another religions holiday. im pretty sure their scam was to mail people the pictures of their kids on santas lap so they could send them scieno lit

mcdowell is apparently a heaven's gate member. it still exists even after the mass suicide, though im not entirely sure how involved with them he is. speaking of cults that still exist aum shinrikyo is still around too.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Darkman Fanpage posted:

mcdowell is apparently a heaven's gate member. it still exists even after the mass suicide, though im not entirely sure how involved with them he is. speaking of cults that still exist aum shinrikyo is still around too.

im aware of both

there is a great podcast called Cults you can listen to that covers both cults. its like way overproduced, like a 1940's radio show or something, but they do a good job of covering the subject matter. i highly recommend it

the aum shinryuko guy apparently sold his bath water for thousands of dollars, ran for prime minister, and published a manga based on his cults beliefs

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy
i choose to believe that mcdowell wasn't a real member, and it was the best long con we've ever seen, it's the only thing that makes sense

because seriously, what's the probability of it being legit? it's zero, basically zero, there can't be more than a dozen true believers of that weird cult

rudatron
May 31, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

apparently the guy

whose this guydumb kid?

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

rudatron posted:

whose this guydumb kid?

the neo nazi teen that shot the parents of his girlfriend when they made her break up with him

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Last Podcast on the left did a four parter on aum shinrikyo that is very good

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

i hav ebeen meaning to check this podcast out. is it good out the gate or contemproary or should ijust start listening and roll with it

i drive in la traffic i have tones of time to listen to podcasts

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

I gotta listen to that

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

i hav ebeen meaning to check this podcast out. is it good out the gate or contemproary or should ijust start listening and roll with it

i drive in la traffic i have tones of time to listen to podcasts

Pick ones based on topics you're interested in. Their serial killer stuff is the best imo

Also it's very relaxed and jokey and also one of the hosts does a Problematic "Asian voice" so be forewarned

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The beat joke they ever did was the problematic one saying he wasnt going to do his Asian voice at all during the Aum Shinrikyo episodes, doing it like ten minutes later, and a cohost calling out how long he lasted

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Pick ones based on topics you're interested in. Their serial killer stuff is the best imo

Also it's very relaxed and jokey and also one of the hosts does a Problematic "Asian voice" so be forewarned

i talk to a bunch of rich asian dudes on a regular basis so im cool with that

like i talk to people who have such thick chinese accents that when im talking to them my eyes roll back in my head and i replay what they jjjust said three times at a minimum so i can process it

i also used to work in monterey park in the los angeles county, which is like a giant chinese transplant community

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The only time I haven't winced at Henry's Asian voice is the Leonard Lake and Charles Ng episodes because Charles Ng actually talked like that

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
i know how to pronounce Nguyen (just say "whinn") but how the gently caress do you pronounce Ng

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

cumshitter posted:

i know how to pronounce Nguyen (just say "whinn") but how the gently caress do you pronounce Ng

Ing

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cumshitter posted:

eng

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
thank you. i will compromise by getting jittery and saying, "Mr. Eng? Mr. Ing? P-p-p-please don't hate me I am trying!"

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

cumshitter posted:

im aware of both

there is a great podcast called Cults you can listen to that covers both cults. its like way overproduced, like a 1940's radio show or something, but they do a good job of covering the subject matter. i highly recommend it

the aum shinryuko guy apparently sold his bath water for thousands of dollars, ran for prime minister, and published a manga based on his cults beliefs

This is a really good podcast and after episodes it's interesting to spot the patterns and commonalities.

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Nobody else is going to appreciate this as much as I do

Evasion is the smuggest loving book but it's basically the most Crimethinc thing ever written

I've seen like a million copies of this poster in my life though

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
TRS has finally discovered It's Going Down. One of them comes up with a brilliant plan...

quote:

I wonder if that's something we can use against them.

To the average normie, and that's what moderators/hosting company representatives/smaller journalists are, the people who run that site are crazy extremists who host right-wing content. That's all a hosting company needs to know to pull the plug, isn't it?

So, we could try to use the Daily Stormer precedent against this site. See if we can score a double win by getting their pulling website pulled... for hosting right-wing content.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

TRS has finally discovered It's Going Down. One of them comes up with a brilliant plan...

lol how are they this stupid?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

business hammocks posted:

they're more visible cause we know where their communities are and more vocal cause they have anonymity (atleast the illusion) on the net i guess

the research I've read and interviews I've taken part in doesn't point to millennials and z being extra racist or conservative than earlier generations. there is some worrying things like where they get their news from (facebook/youtube) and that both sides are the same when it comes to politics, the spectre of ~centrism~ looms heavily

there's some promising stuff however like views on war, healthcare, housing and LBGT are generally progressive.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cumshitter posted:

As cumshitter has already said, he claims to be a heaven's gate offshoot/schism member.

rudatron posted:

i choose to believe that mcdowell wasn't a real member, and it was the best long con we've ever seen, it's the only thing that makes sense

because seriously, what's the probability of it being legit? it's zero, basically zero, there can't be more than a dozen true believers of that weird cult

If he was gimmicking, he chose the lamest fuckin way to bow out.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Darkman Fanpage posted:

the neo nazi teen that shot the parents of his girlfriend when they made her break up with him

the kid is 18 i think, he killed his girlfriends parents cause they got their daughter to break up with him cause he's racist. he shot himself in the head right after cause he's a pussy but lived anyway cause he's a loving moron

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Visidan posted:

the kid is 18 i think, he killed his girlfriends parents cause they got their daughter to break up with him cause he's racist. he shot himself in the head right after cause he's a pussy but lived anyway cause he's a loving moron

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
this is one of the better videos i have seen on how cults work

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfb5FYd83Ao

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Visidan posted:

oh goodie

lead poisoning instead of the irony poisoning

or a combination of both vis-a-vis?

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Visidan posted:

they're more visible cause we know where their communities are and more vocal cause they have anonymity (atleast the illusion) on the net i guess

the research I've read and interviews I've taken part in doesn't point to millennials and z being extra racist or conservative than earlier generations. there is some worrying things like where they get their news from (facebook/youtube) and that both sides are the same when it comes to politics, the spectre of ~centrism~ looms heavily

there's some promising stuff however like views on war, healthcare, housing and LBGT are generally progressive.

There’s this poll I can never find that says some crazy proportion of teenagers have experienced sexual attraction to men and women and reject a gay/straight binary as accurate for describing themselves. I guess the trans 4chan people prove that’s no protection against reactionary whites, but it seems promising.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Captain_Maclaine posted:

As cumshitter has already said, he claims to be a heaven's gate offshoot/schism member.

If he was gimmicking, he chose the lamest fuckin way to bow out.

They left one behind to run the website and liaise with media when necessary. It would be hilarious if he’s been recruiting. I think he was legit the only surviving one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Lastgirl posted:

oh goodie

lead poisoning instead of the irony poisoning

or a combination of both vis-a-vis?
lmao

the first laugh i've had from this tragic case