Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I knew that this existed, but I didn't know that it was available on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px52AkqelEk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Sockser posted:

I knew that this existed, but I didn't know that it was available on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Px52AkqelEk

I need to sit down and finally watch it start to finish, but two things that always stuck with me:

- I wonder why (and what) Evil Business Guy turns into a white-haired elf dude before becoming Grimlord.

- Holy poo poo taking "Go Green Ranger Go" and turning it into "Cybertron / Grimlords Gonna Get You" is some :lol: poo poo.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Jesus, it's the original "my dad disappeared and I have to murder all the bad guys to find out the truth" toku adaptation.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
Speaking of what I was saying about suits...

But rather than making a black Dai suit, might as well just slap Dragon Ranger's helmet on the green suit for Zack end the :thunk: poo poo about a black guy in the black suit.

drrockso20 posted:

the smartest move
skip over Dairanger completely

And then I would have never seen Serpentera blow poo poo up or a turtle bellyflop on a guy.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I mean, that plan isn't a terrible one because it's not like they were able to use ANY Sentai Ranger footage from DaiRanger as it was

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Also, despite having literal targets painted on them I thought the Z-Putties looked a lot better than the Cotopotoros from Dairanger (much like how Zedd himself was a better, or at least far more entertaining, villain than the entire Gorma Tribe). Though if it weren't for the movie I could almost guarantee you they would have wound up using the Dorodoros from Kakuranger in season 3 as they look close enough to Putties to count. But kudos to the designers for keeping the Tenga in the spirit of how Kakuranger's monsters were all derived from Japanese myths and folklore (in this case, the Karasu(Crow) Tengu).

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I was bummed Amy Jo Johnson had to cancel her tour to my town due to the hurricane a few months back, my wife secretly bought me a personal video message from her for Christmas.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: Guitardo. No zord fight this time, but at this point in the series that's a plus.

Scaly Haylie fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 21, 2017

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

finally the green ranger is loving dead.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!
There was no excuse for how bad those Dark Ranger suits were. It's embarrassing.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

JT Smiley posted:

There was no excuse for how bad those Dark Ranger suits were. It's embarrassing.

It's amazing they didn't have a spare set of Ranger suits to just apply some paint and foam to for an episode or two

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

JT Smiley posted:

Why do you think they embraced the darkness so willingly?

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

drrockso20 posted:

It's amazing they didn't have a spare set of Ranger suits to just apply some paint and foam to for an episode or two

They repainted the Red Rangers helmet three times for VR Troopers, why not just do that here? Hell, they probably had the Dairanger helmets, just slap those one them.

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
The evil rangers could have been Dairanger and no kids would ever know.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

JT Smiley posted:

Like, Jesus christ, when you step back and realize "poo poo, we can't have a fight scene with these guys because they'll shred in one take", even on a microbudget show like PR, you'd think you'd try a do over.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

JT Smiley posted:

They repainted the Red Rangers helmet three times for VR Troopers

Seriously? I need to see this now.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DG60ixvzRUo

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Power Rangers: Shattered Grid will introduce the Morphin Masters.

Did Boom! Studios just confirm that Kyuranger is the source sentai for Power Rangers 2019?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Power eggs
Goony bird eggs
Tenga eggs
There's lots of eggs in this show.

Also a thought occurred to be about Tenga. If they were in Hyrule they would be called Rito. Rito gave Zedd Rito eggs.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Al Borland Corp. posted:

Power eggs
Goony bird eggs
Tenga eggs

...excuse me?

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Who are the other two people next to her? All 6 members of Time Force are represented as a team elsewhere so it's not TimeRed/TimeFire

Also I really like the Kyuranger suits over all the other recent sentai (maybe going back to Dekaranger?) so I hope this is true
And also that Nickelodeon loses control over it and someone competent gets to produce it.

Sir this is a children's show

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!

Sockser posted:

Who are the other two people next to her? All 6 members of Time Force are represented as a team elsewhere so it's not TimeRed/TimeFire

I believe the middle one is the Shark Spirit Ranger from Jungle Fury.

As for the extra Time Force Red, they are one or two other rangers who are there more then once on that cover I believe.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

Oh, the extra Red Time Force might be Alex?

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Could be Skye's dad

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Skye's dad IS Alex. Plot twist!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today's episode marks two firsts: the first Dairanger zord fight that isn't horribly spliced with Zyu2 footage, and the first extensive use of Austin St. John's voice double. Both are glorious.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Austin St. John's voice double is so subtle, you'll never notice that they don't even remotely sound the same!

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Blaze Dragon posted:

Austin St. John's voice double is so subtle, you'll never notice that they don't even remotely sound the same!

Still better than Trini's later on though.

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Lizard Wizard posted:

Today's episode marks two firsts: the first Dairanger zord fight that isn't horribly spliced with Zyu2 footage, and the first extensive use of Austin St. John's voice double. Both are glorious.
The dubbing was hilarious, but aside from that it seemed a pretty solid episode even before the amazing edits.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Because I'm feeling extra nice by which I mean I'm on two layers of cough medicine tonight, here's another episode!

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

I've started seeing promo pictures of the new sentai, and I'm getting increasingly hype. I was reading this collection of Arsene Lupin stories earlier in the year, so I was thrilled to discover they're a source for the season.

I can't wait to see how this season shakes out.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

EDIT: This isn't even sort of the right thread!

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Today on Power Rangers: a pretty good monster performance, and a bit so good from Kimberly I don't want to spoil it.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Kimberly-Rita is basically the moment where you realize Amy Jo Johnson was the only one serious there about being an actress and she does an amazing job. It's one of my favourite moments of the original series, she gets everything right, from the tone of voice, to her movement.

It's probably the only moment I genuinely cared about Kimberly to be honest. Should've kept being evil.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I thought it was generally agreed that on the hired-for-acting vs hired-for-being-able-to-punch-and-kick spectrum, AJJ and Yost were hired for acting, and the rest were hired for their ability to fight.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

MisterBibs posted:

I thought it was generally agreed that on the hired-for-acting vs hired-for-being-able-to-punch-and-kick spectrum, AJJ and Yost were hired for acting, and the rest were hired for their ability to fight.

Make no mistake, David Yost was hired for his physical stuff too.

Dude was built like an ox under those nerd clothes

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
AJJ could do gymnastics stuff. ASJ and JDF could kick the air. Everybody else was fit and could be taught how to at least hang.

Likewise, out of the next set they had Johnny Bosch to be a Serious Kung-Fu Guy. (And apparently they were getting ready for him to become leader if JDF quit early? They actually told him to grow his hair out as Zeo wound down because they thought that was one of the reasons kids liked Tommy.)

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Look

Here's something I discovered about Rocky.

Like, Adam is remembered as The Quiet One who didn't do a whole lot

But Rocky wasn't even that. His greatest moment was when he got turned into a wall. Dude is just a brick in the shape of a person.

I'm not shocked at all that Adam was next in line to be leader

Craptacular!
Jul 9, 2001

Fuck the DH
At times I was pretty sure Rocky was written to make the MMPR red ranger costume lose cool points, as part of the whole idea of building the show around Tommy for a couple years. "Sorry kids, red's an idiot now. Here's a guy looking cool and having solo fights with monsters like red sometimes did in the first season, and he's wearing a Dairanger costume which is great in case we decide to scrap the others at some point. Go like him instead."

Overall I blame the haphazard editing of these episodes on Saban Corp's staff not realizing the folly of using actors right up until their contracts expire and then not even being finished with them by the time that happens. Don't just say you'll schedule the ADR session after the deadline.

Craptacular! fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 24, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Rocky's greatest moment is when he is cursed and gets addicted to pachinko, actually. :colbert: