Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

I think vegeta would just kill krillin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

which would cause goku to go a new level of super saiyan so it all evens out

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Stairmaster posted:

which would cause goku to go a new level of super saiyan so it all evens out

:yeah:

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Throw in a prop of Android 16s head to get crushed and you got yourself a triple.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
gently caress it, let Vegeta get tanked in the first go and get buried under some rubble. Then have Goku do his whole thing and blow it and get tossed out, Then Ultimate Instinct Vegeta busts out from under the rocks to win the tournament.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We have an extra week of insane ideas this time :confuoot:

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Kashuno posted:

We have an extra week of insane ideas this time :confuoot:

Goku will get knocked out and the final fight will be Vegeta and Jiren vs Shaggy Rojo and El Grande Padre.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

This poo poo was dope AF. It's like a decade's worth of apologies for that thing with Super C17. I hope once this arc is over 17 and 18 get a recurring role on the Goku and Vegeta show.

Wellwinds
Mar 20, 2010
They've done a really good job of selling 17 as able to hang out in the top of the power curve

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
17's development has been great, I like how he has this really dry sense of humor under the seriousness.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

lezard_valeth posted:

This poo poo was dope AF. It's like a decade's worth of apologies for that thing with Super C17. I hope once this arc is over 17 and 18 get a recurring role on the Goku and Vegeta show.

This makes me wish 17 was fully playable in Fighterz.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

Someone on the production stuff must consider 17 their favorite character and decided that now, now in this arc is the time to show the world why he is the best character.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Android 17 seriously has become one of the best characters. His weird mix of earnestness and nihilism is really endearing and he manages to be funny, serious and capable all at once. His cool-guy front hiding a dorky guy who likes playing magical girl villain, making lovely dad jokes, adopts orphans and who actually likes mushy human stuff is just charming as hell.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
He's gonna die next cuz this was his big moment, just like 18 got her big moment against Ribrianne and then got wiped out

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Zzulu posted:

He's gonna die next cuz this was his big moment, just like 18 got her big moment against Ribrianne and then got wiped out

Vegeta might go next the way things are but yeah Android 17's time is numbered considering the rest of the team is Goku/Gohan/Frieza/Vegeta and he's not outlasting more than one of them.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

I can't wait until Goku unlocks his next form to go toe-to-toe with Jiren, Ultra Instinct but with his shirt off.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:
Gotta say, did not expect Pepperoni to Cell-fuse with the giant robot to become Neo Hatchiyack.

Dr. Rota better step up.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
can't believe that no one is talking about the fact the robot god of destruction was a gremlin the whole time.

Caros
May 14, 2008

So while it doesn't drop until tomorrow, team four star did give us the name of the movie.

Strange though, I don't recall a dragonball film called "Plan to Eradicate Christmas"

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

Stallion Cabana posted:

can't believe that no one is talking about the fact the robot god of destruction was a gremlin the whole time.

I wonder if he managed to build a robot suit that's strong enough to be a GoD, or it's all his power and he's just riding a suit to look taller.

Also, why bother with the R2-D2 noises if he can speak just fine?

graham cracker
Mar 8, 2004

"There is no God! Right, Mama?"

"True."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqkRen3LHGA

Play this video in reverse for a secret holiday message!

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

lezard_valeth posted:

The funniest part of this arc is that the mightiest creations of an entire universe devoted to technology with the full backing of their kai and god of destruction are still not a match for a couple of cyborgs Dr. Gero built in a hole dug into a mountainside.

Kanos fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Dec 24, 2017

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Neo_Crimson posted:

I wonder if he managed to build a robot suit that's strong enough to be a GoD, or it's all his power and he's just riding a suit to look taller.

Also, why bother with the R2-D2 noises if he can speak just fine?

I don't know about the first one but the second one is clearly because he is either shy or thought it was hilarious. Judging from what his attendant said it seems like he's just shy.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

Kanos posted:

The funniest part of this arc is that the mightiest creations of an entire universe devoted to technology with the full backing of their kai and god of destruction are still not a match for a couple of cyborgs Dr. Gero built in a hole dug into a mountainside.

And they're not even his best work.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

I can’t believe Dr. Gero, who built the Androids in a cave out of a box of scraps, is probably the savior of U7 when it’s all said and done

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

How the gently caress did Gero make such powerful Androids anyway? 16, 17, and 18 alone were each far more powerful than Frieza, who was one of the most powerful entities in the Universe at the time.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

How the gently caress did Gero make such powerful Androids anyway? 16, 17, and 18 alone were each far more powerful than Frieza, who was one of the most powerful entities in the Universe at the time.

He really loving hated Goku

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

The big trick seems to be that Gero is the one guy to figure out an infinite energy source and pretty much everything he does stems from that. Most folks, including Frieza, can't go at 100% all the time without burning themselves out but the Androids can. They're not only strong as hell but they can keep that strength going infinitely whereas Frieza going 100% or Golden will eventually burn himself out.

16's harder to explain but also basically had one serious fight so we don't really know what, if any, weaknesses he had.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

16 was also infinite energy.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Realest answer: Toriyama didn't know how to write any new villains except via raw power escalation and the Android Saga was the point where he stopped logically being able to do that

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

The big trick seems to be that Gero is the one guy to figure out an infinite energy source and pretty much everything he does stems from that. Most folks, including Frieza, can't go at 100% all the time without burning themselves out but the Androids can. They're not only strong as hell but they can keep that strength going infinitely whereas Frieza going 100% or Golden will eventually burn himself out.

16's harder to explain but also basically had one serious fight so we don't really know what, if any, weaknesses he had.
I mean, the infinite energy helps, but they're still clearly far more powerful than Frieza, so they somehow have insane strength and speed somehow.

And 16's weakness was being a soulless ginger.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

16 was also infinite energy.

Oh, he was? Well, that explains that then, for some reason I thought it was just 17 and 18.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Burkion posted:

He really loving hated Goku

The motivation for many of the greatest scientific discoveries in history.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

I mean, the infinite energy helps, but they're still clearly far more powerful than Frieza, so they somehow have insane strength and speed somehow.

And 16's weakness was being a soulless ginger.

I could be wrong but the impression I got is that it isn't hard for people to be stronger than Frieza, it's just hard to do it without burning themselves dry. Techniques like the Kaioken or Kikoho let people punch WAY above their weight class, they just have to burn themselves out to do it. Super Saiyan, as described, involves burning through your stamina more quickly to get a power boost with higher levels burning you out faster. Even Frieza had that problem and while his base power level was absurdly high he still was holding back because he couldn't fight at 100% power without suffering for it. The Androids get to skip all that and just push themselves to their limit at all times without any (seeming) downside.

(I mean the actual answer is "Toriyama said so and Toriyama don't give a shiiiit.")

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

chiasaur11 posted:

Jonas Silk toils away in his basement, swirling beakers full of Science Stuff, trying to save the world from the horror of Polio. Suddenly, he is struck by a thought, a thought so wretched that he nearly breaks the vial in his hand. He growls, cursing under his breath. "loving Goku."

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Man imagine what a nightmare Cell would have been if he had trained EVER in his life.

Or figured out that whole God Ki thing.

Beerus would have shown up, gotten Cell to go God and then been out of a job

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Considering Bulma is essentially responsible for a second Zeno existing, it's just a Dragonball thing that technology trumps magical abilities. Sure Gohan was able to beat cell, but that's apparently because he never bothered training, as we can see with 17 fighting alongside Super Saiyan Blue.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

chiasaur11 posted:

Hey tuffle scientists seemed to be roughly the same level, and that was just general Saiyan hate.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kanos posted:

as long as those androids are backed up by four equally strong beings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Blockhouse posted:

as long as those androids are backed up by four equally strong beings

Nah, the Androids rocked every normal robit thrown at them in this tournament. They only had issues with the giant biomechanical thing made up of multiple robots and organics

Which tried to eat them

Must have had some serious PTSD