Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best In The South
This poll is closed.
Atlanta Falcons 33 16.92%
Carolina Panthers 42 21.54%
New Orleans Saints 42 21.54%
Tampa Bay Buccaneers 17 8.72%
You All Suck 61 31.28%
Total: 195 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Chilichimp posted:

Obviously that we get a fairly called game in the post season.

officiating has been complete garbage across the entire league this year. like worse than normal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

weird Asian candy posted:

This team has 1 and done written all over them though. No thanks.

i'd rather they didn't make it so that there's not a barrage of ten billion thinkpieces CAN ATLANTA GO BACK?

because the answer is "no"

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

maybe it wasn't a good idea to have a defensive guy be our WR coach.. seeing as how all our dudes forgot how to catch or have any semblance of timing.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

The history of all hitherto existing society is the history of *blank*
I know I'm totally new to all this poo poo but I can't get my head round just how different this team are playing this season. They look nothing like the team I stumbled into supporting last season.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Serotonin posted:

I know I'm totally new to all this poo poo but I can't get my head round just how different this team are playing this season. They look nothing like the team I stumbled into supporting last season.

this is the normal falcons experience, last year was quite a weird year

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006
Look at it this way, making it to the playoffs in a division as tightly contested as the NFC South was this year would absolutely count as avoiding the so-called Superbowl loser's hangover curse.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

sword_man.gif posted:

this is the normal falcons experience, last year was quite a weird year

That's exactly what I was warned about in the newbies thread before the 16/17 season started. I thought you lot were exaggerating as that season progressed. Boy did the SB deliver though.

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

A.o.D. posted:

Look at it this way, making it to the playoffs in a division as tightly contested as the NFC South was this year would absolutely count as avoiding the so-called Superbowl loser's hangover curse.

Fair point. But we haven't made it yet have we?

sexy tiger boobs
Aug 23, 2002

Up shit creek with a turd for a paddle.

A.o.D. posted:

yeah Im just glad we've made a good go of it. if we make the playoffs then who knows what happens.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

sexy tiger boobs posted:

yeah Im just glad we've made a good go of it. if we make the playoffs then who knows what happens.

one and done. there's something missing on a cohesive level and i can't just pin down what it is. nobody's playing like they were last year and the coaching loving stinks.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The Falcons were always going to regress; you can't be one of the greatest offenses of all time every single year.

There's a thousand things that happened, a thousand plays that weren't made, a thousand zigs when someone should have zagged.

At the end of the day, I think this is mostly regression to the mean. Falcons offensive line probably overperformed last year. Julio probably avoided the myriad of nagging injuries that slowed him this year. Playcalling was obviously worse. Losing Patrick DiMarco was actually A Thing that effected them.

Any other division in the NFL the Falcons are comfortably in the playoffs and no one is saying a thing. The Falcons just had a predictable comeback to earth after the Saints had their best draft in a decade, and the Panthers returned to where they should be.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
i will say the "trade/release matt ryan" takes are still astronomically stupid because who on earth are you going to replace him with.

though judging the typical person who touts this they'd probably say loving tebow or something.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

sword_man.gif posted:

i will say the "trade/release matt ryan" takes are still astronomically stupid because who on earth are you going to replace him with.

though judging the typical person who touts this they'd probably say loving tebow or something.

We're on SA. The answer is, of course, Kaepernick.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

By Super Bowl hangover standards this isn’t even an especially bad one.

The Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10 after they lost a couple of years ago. Winning 9 or 10 games is a pretty good season for most teams.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

By Super Bowl hangover standards this isn’t even an especially bad one.

The Panthers went from 15-1 to 6-10 after they lost a couple of years ago. Winning 9 or 10 games is a pretty good season for most teams.

In the Panthers defense they had substantial injuries.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Any update on Byrd?

I really hope it was just a hyperextension as speculated and he's back for playoffs.

I would have never imagined saying this 3 weeks ago, but we may really need him.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Shiki Dan posted:

Any update on Byrd?

I really hope it was just a hyperextension as speculated and he's back for playoffs.

I would have never imagined saying this 3 weeks ago, but we may really need him.

The Panthers have absolutely nothing at WR.

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
We have two gritty White WRs with plenty of determination and character.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

FizFashizzle posted:

In the Panthers defense they had substantial injuries.

Well yea, but that’s one of the things that leads to the so called hangover. To get to the Super Bowl you usually have to be incredibly lucky in a lot of ways, including injuries, and your likelihood of having a repeat of that luck the next year is low.

But also, the Panthers are bipolar.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Well yea, but that’s one of the things that leads to the so called hangover. To get to the Super Bowl you usually have to be incredibly lucky in a lot of ways, including injuries, and your likelihood of having a repeat of that luck the next year is low.

But also, the Panthers are bipolar.

Falcons have not had any substantial injuries.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

FizFashizzle posted:

Falcons have not had any substantial injuries.

i beg to differ, it would take a substantial brain injury to make sarkeesian your oc

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
I need to stay off twitter lol. How Julio never gets calls is amazing to me.

https://twitter.com/GradickSports/status/945027943239245825

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

Very excited to get to play Carolina again in two weeks. Losing in the playoffs to a team you dumpstered twice in the regular season would be crushing, so....I’m expecting that.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

sword_man.gif posted:

i beg to differ, it would take a substantial brain injury to make sarkeesian your oc

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

FizFashizzle posted:

The Panthers have absolutely nothing at WR.

The more things change...

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Very excited to get to play Carolina again in two weeks. Losing in the playoffs to a team you dumpstered twice in the regular season would be crushing, so....I’m expecting that.

It would be nice but I think either new Orleans or the rams would poo poo house us with the run game.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
:3:
https://twitter.com/Panthers/status/945064120675651589

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

This was pretty great, not gonna lie.

Now some team needs to do this, but do the Ginyu force pose.

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
I helped unfurl the Fleur De Lis flag last weekend. Someone, I presume the Jets' punter, was still warming up when the Saints were coming out to the field because I suddenly heard someone behind me yell "LOOKOUTLOOKOUTLOOKOU-" and a football nailed me right in the sternum.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Doppelganger posted:

I helped unfurl the Fleur De Lis flag last weekend. Someone, I presume the Jets' punter, was still warming up when the Saints were coming out to the field because I suddenly heard someone behind me yell "LOOKOUTLOOKOUTLOOKOU-" and a football nailed me right in the sternum.

“The experience of an NFC South fan”

Serotonin
Jul 14, 2001

Merry Xmas to my new found NFC South buddies, even you Saints. I’ve finally stopped feeling grouchy about last nights game and I’m now little inebriated which is helping

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Read my family the Cajun Night Before Christmas so in the spirit of that please be on the look out for my gator pulled Saints celebration wagon

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.

Barudak posted:

Read my family the Cajun Night Before Christmas so in the spirit of that please be on the look out for my gator pulled Saints celebration wagon

Tell Pete Morelli I said hi :colbert:

Merry Christmas South Goons! Love all ya'll!

Sent from my iPad
Jun 19, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kmjbQvcDbeM

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Nevermind

Doppelganger fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Dec 26, 2017

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
I really wish the Panthers organization would stop focusing so much on Jerry Richardson. Rivera won't shut up about him and it seems kind of lovely.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
Hey guys win one for the former Klan member that likes to sexually harass and degrade women! -this team

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

zimbomonkey posted:

Hey guys win one for the former Klan member that likes to sexually harass and degrade women! -this team

What? Google didn't turn up anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

He was never a member of the klan.

Openly.

Probably.

• Locked thread