Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

MrMoo posted:

Cantonese means Traditional Chinese which is a gigantic glyph set, your primary option is basically images. Most of the characters are for names though.

Generally there are not many Chinese fonts in popular use and styling makes them unreadable. Interesting challenge.

cantonese/mandarin and traditional/simplified are independent axes. For example, northern china speaks primarily mandarin and uses simplified while taiwan tends to use traditional. in southern china, many parts speak cantonese and use simplified whereas hong kong uses traditional.

regardless, simplified and traditional don't have a huge difference in the size of their character set. nouns most likely do make up the largest group of unique characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

It's not even that simple, aside of the basics of common usage, 5,000 vs 8,000 characters, and 2,000 if we bring in Japanese. An interesting point is that Windows XP fonts for Traditional Chinese are actually insufficient to cover the Cantonese vernacular and is common to use the letter "o" as an extra radical :lol:

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Why does it seem that every company whose product is some sort of banner creation software through iframes is kinda bad? Is this a consequence of the marketplace? I'm trying to work a compatibility bug and the ad is structure is hell, an iframe within an iframe within a div which itself has two iframes only it displays only one.
It just looks like a train of delegation of services and responsibility.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
I had something like that once, iframes all over the place, all of it was very intentional though. Several of them from several different domains so the only way to perform a lot of the communication between them was via postMessage. Was real hard. Glad I'm not doing that stuff anymore.

Can you refactor what you're doing?

Sometimes I find bashing out a prototype in a couple of hours that works better than the actual product is a good demo for management.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
Nope, this is an ads service that is provided by an external company, so my scope only goes as far as the iframe wrapper. I'm just wondering why is every single one of these sort of ads products are like this.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡

Honest Thief posted:

Nope, this is an ads service that is provided by an external company, so my scope only goes as far as the iframe wrapper. I'm just wondering why is every single one of these sort of ads products are like this.

Theres a defcon talk I am having trouble finding now where a guy explains the process of serving ads in pretty good detail that may answer your question.

If anyone does a better job thank me it was an asian guy at a defcon in the last few years.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dES9uttXcCY

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

CarForumPoster posted:

Theres a defcon talk I am having trouble finding now where a guy explains the process of serving ads in pretty good detail that may answer your question.

If anyone does a better job thank me it was an asian guy at a defcon in the last few years.

EDIT:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dES9uttXcCY
This is very helpful, thanks, and gaddamn.. I'm seriously on the wrong end of web development.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!
I'm going to revamp our service worker with Workbox. I've got it up and running, changed the workbox-cli-config.js so it's generating the file, it's also running properly.

Looking at the features of the API, what exactly is precache? How is that different than any of the strategies?

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.

Honest Thief posted:

This is very helpful, thanks, and gaddamn.. I'm seriously on the wrong end of web development.

You think you're doing badly? I've gone back to Uni for web development and the whole course is based around PHP.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

Ape Fist posted:

You think you're doing badly? I've gone back to Uni for web development and the whole course is based around PHP.
Look at the brightside, if you want freelance jobs all around making wordpress work like other/better cms' you'll never be out of a job

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

Nowadays, you can do anything that you want; anal, oral, fisting, but you need to be wearing gloves, condoms, protection.
I've been doing lovely freelance for years so no not really.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

What is the process for wrapping a webApp in an iOS or Android wrapper to make it available on either Clients app store? I'm just curious.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Really really simplified?
You download the environment for one of them like appcelerator or Cordova, import your own web app files (or just load the website :shrug: ). Then you add and connect any plugins you might need, like the camera, to your code. You export an apk or app file and upload it to the app store.

It really depends on what you use though since they all have tools to mimic the native interfaces.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Sereri posted:

Really really simplified?
You download the environment for one of them like appcelerator or Cordova, import your own web app files (or just load the website :shrug: ). Then you add and connect any plugins you might need, like the camera, to your code. You export an apk or app file and upload it to the app store.

It really depends on what you use though since they all have tools to mimic the native interfaces.

And then you start writing a native app as the flood of performance and UI complaints roll in.

You can also give React Native a whirl. It's pretty great, but is definitely not a "make web code an app" solution.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

They're no replacement for native apps, but I've been pretty impressed with the whole PWA thingamabob.

Haven't really had a need to develop anything along those lines, but it seems neat.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo
Okay everyone.

Is there a basically a SINGLE, god drat, tech list of everything out there now (pro/cons/latte/venti) because some of these words being tossed around sounds like either a kink or fetish being described. Build a docker from the grundle of the angular routing. ;)

Every bit of research or every book I read on this has the author preaching the way THEY do it is best and find out since the book is 2 years old, it is basically garbage and can be thrown into the trash.

The OP is lacking and there are a lot of pages in this thread and going back a few it seems you guys are having a wide discussion on everything which is awesome. I am just looking for a quick question because the moment I think I am getting front-end development, something I read just has to make me restart.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. Bertrand Russell

EVIL Gibson posted:

Okay everyone.

Is there a basically a SINGLE, god drat, tech list of everything out there now (pro/cons/latte/venti) because some of these words being tossed around sounds like either a kink or fetish being described. Build a docker from the grundle of the angular routing. ;)

Every bit of research or every book I read on this has the author preaching the way THEY do it is best and find out since the book is 2 years old, it is basically garbage and can be thrown into the trash.

The OP is lacking and there are a lot of pages in this thread and going back a few it seems you guys are having a wide discussion on everything which is awesome. I am just looking for a quick question because the moment I think I am getting front-end development, something I read just has to make me restart.

Not really.

Just google what you don't understand and spend some time with the results.

I have at least a surface understanding of a wide variety of tech because I subscribe to a bunch of RSS feeds like it's 2012.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
Switchblade Switcharoo

Thermopyle posted:

Not really.

Just google what you don't understand and spend some time with the results.

I have at least a surface understanding of a wide variety of tech because I subscribe to a bunch of RSS feeds like it's 2012.

Yep. This is my issue but it's just like someone listed a Defcon video and I understood everything he was talking about because I've seen and taken advantage of similar bugs to get into systems. (framebusting, hijack, etc). Different strokes for different folks.

I guess a better question, is there something like WAMP/LAMP where it blasts down some code and says, go nuts. I know I have to run a server to develop it.

The Merkinman
Apr 22, 2007

I sell only quality merkins. What is a merkin you ask? Why, it's a wig for your genitals!

EVIL Gibson posted:

Yep. This is my issue but it's just like someone listed a Defcon video and I understood everything he was talking about because I've seen and taken advantage of similar bugs to get into systems. (framebusting, hijack, etc). Different strokes for different folks.

I guess a better question, is there something like WAMP/LAMP where it blasts down some code and says, go nuts. I know I have to run a server to develop it.

What are you looking to make? A single page webapp that does one thing? A small multiple page site, a large one?
While a lot of the things thrown around are subjective, knowing what you intend to build is a start.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Switchblade Switcharoo

The Merkinman posted:

What are you looking to make? A single page webapp that does one thing? A small multiple page site, a large one?
While a lot of the things thrown around are subjective, knowing what you intend to build is a start.

I would want to write a better looking version of this perl script I run for Path of Exile which provides data via Json (which is JavaScript's jam) which pulls and counts the number of items in a inventory stash tab.

There is a "vendor recipe" where if you sell the vendor a full set of unidentified rare items they will sell back a certain type of currency which is super good to have.

To make it work, I would have to configure the browser environment (in cache) to remember my API key and then refresh the count of whatever types of items goes into the specific stash tab (which I would like to set at the site as a session var and not manually update the script itself much like what I would like to do with API)

code:
format ALLITEMCOUNT =
===============================================================================
RARE UNID GEAR IN DUMP STASH
BodyAr: @<<	FootAr:	@<<<<	HelmAr:	@<<<<	GlovAr:	@<<<<
$bodyCount,$bootCount,$headCount,$gloveCount

BeltAr:	@<<<<				RingCt:	@<<(@<)	AmuCt:	@<<<<		
$beltCount,$ringCount,int($ringCount/2),$amuletCount

1hMlee:	@<<<<	2hMlee:	@<<<<	Wand: @<<<<	ShdAr:	@<<<<
$oneHandWeaponCount,$twoHandWeaponCount,$wandCount, $shieldCount
Press Any Key to Refresh or Q to Quit.
This is the perl report format that prints in the CLI that shows the count of every type of un'id gear above level 50. If I ever dumped new rares into the stash, I would smack a key then get the updated JSON and count them. Shows me if I am storing too many, let's say, shoes which is helpful.

I know what I would like to do, it's just getting the environment set up seems to change per guide I read. I believe a virtual enviroment would be best and NPM alone supports it, but it doesn't seem to the best at it compared to developing entirely in a docker with npm project but the docker project just seems rougher.

Just that the configuring and knowing if I am considering the right tech and I again bring up the point the lack of a comparisons of all technologies; I do not think I would NEED routes but who am I to say?

edit: Just looked up the wikipedia for any comparisons and I found exactly what I am looking for https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_JavaScript_frameworks

Glad I looked this up because now I know AngularJS is something I may not want to use because these other frameworks are including great features already like trees and grids.

EVIL Gibson fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 30, 2017

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
I have an API endpoint that delivers a huge grab-bag of different data that I split out over multiple parts of my state in my redux app. Right now in each of my reducers I check for that action's type key and then pull the relevant data out of the payload and put it in my state. The API is evolving and for some of them I now also have endpoints that return smaller reducer-specific slices of data.

I'm wondering if instead of responding to the big fetch action in each of my reducers I should instead dispatch a separate fetched action with the slice of the returned data from the big "fetch all" action. So rather than an API fetch that dispatches one action that gets read by like 5 reducers, I have an API fetch that dispatches 5 actions that each get read by one reducer. Any thoughts? I'm not sure if switching to discrete action creators for each slice of data will be easier to follow or not. It does feel like it would mirror a more traditional API where I would probably be hitting a few different endpoints off the bat instead of getting a big data dump from one.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

My crystal ball piped up and is telling me your application's future. At some point you will have the mega get request, as well as several areas of the app which need only part of it. Leading to duplication on the server, duplication on the client, or careful api surgery. It's ok to just make several api calls if you need them.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
At this point I'm writing a new front end for an existing API, so I have to work with what I've got. Lots of data is currently only available from the mega-endpoint.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

Wait a minute this isn't a crystal ball at all, it's my dirty laundry.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

prom candy posted:

I have an API endpoint that delivers a huge grab-bag of different data that I split out over multiple parts of my state in my redux app. Right now in each of my reducers I check for that action's type key and then pull the relevant data out of the payload and put it in my state. The API is evolving and for some of them I now also have endpoints that return smaller reducer-specific slices of data.

I'm wondering if instead of responding to the big fetch action in each of my reducers I should instead dispatch a separate fetched action with the slice of the returned data from the big "fetch all" action. So rather than an API fetch that dispatches one action that gets read by like 5 reducers, I have an API fetch that dispatches 5 actions that each get read by one reducer. Any thoughts? I'm not sure if switching to discrete action creators for each slice of data will be easier to follow or not. It does feel like it would mirror a more traditional API where I would probably be hitting a few different endpoints off the bat instead of getting a big data dump from one.

Your second solution (many actions, each with the relevant data) seems the best way to go. When things change (and they will) you will only need to mess with code in one place (maybe two) rather than everywhere. In a good book I read (I forget the name, but it was nominally a Ruby book even though I have never touched Ruby) this line stuck with me: "good code is code that is easy to change". So when the API changes and you need to make 5 calls instead of one, you are all good if you are dispatching many actions already. When the shape of the giant blob changes, you only have to modify the "break it up" code instead of all your reducers, etc.

prom candy
Dec 16, 2005

Only I may dance
Yeah, okay it sounds like I'm on the right track then. The other benefit of separate actions is I'll see all 5 individual state updates in my redux devtools instead of just the one (and if I ever need to I can also play with the order that they dispatch in). Thanks!

Have you guys looked at hyperapp yet? Seems kind of interesting, very simple and lightweight library. https://medium.com/@JorgeBucaran/introducing-hyperapp-1-0-dbf4229abfef

quote:

If you havent heard about Hyperapp, then let me be the one to tell you about it. Hyperapp is a modern JavaScript library or micro-framework for building fast and feature-rich applications in the browser. Its among the smallest out there (1.3 KB), its elegant, and easy to use.

Hyperapps architecture borrows from React, Redux, and Elm, bringing my own ideas and community-contributed feedback into the mix.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

prom candy posted:

Yeah, okay it sounds like I'm on the right track then. The other benefit of separate actions is I'll see all 5 individual state updates in my redux devtools instead of just the one (and if I ever need to I can also play with the order that they dispatch in). Thanks!

Have you guys looked at hyperapp yet? Seems kind of interesting, very simple and lightweight library. https://medium.com/@JorgeBucaran/introducing-hyperapp-1-0-dbf4229abfef

I finally got some time to gander at this, and it's pretty amazing. For better or worse though, it lacks Elm's "killer feature": the type system and compilation checking that gives you the "if it compiles, it will run without errors" near-guarantee. But still, it's very Elm-like and cool. Got links to any good routing solutions? I found @hyperapp/router which is very "React Router" like, which I'm not a fan of any more (I've been using redux-first-router in React land, which I like a lot and is more similar to how Elm does things.)

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS
Related to prom candy's problem, I'm still working on a fancy todo list app to learn React. The problem is that the fancy part adds a lot of data which needs to be updated along with the list of tasks; I've got an ordered list of currently active tasks, all of which may need to get updated and resorted, a couple of derived properties from that list, and a quasi-separate list of all tasks including ones that have already been done. I'd rather do as much calculation as possible server-side, and treat that as the single source of truth, rather than risk the JS screwing up some calculations.
A) I assume I should keep the task lists combined, and filter out the currently active ones for special display, rather than keep two separate lists in the Redux store?
B) Given A, what would be the best way to update the active tasks? Request a full list of all the tasks to replace the current list in Redux, or request a list of only the updated active tasks, and replace those in the current list? The second one sounds better and more efficient, but I can't think of a really good way to do that. Maybe something like this, but it feels a little clumsy.
code:
var taskObject = {}; 
newTaskList.forEach(function(element){
	taskObject[element.id] = element;
});
store.tasks.forEach(function(task) { return taskObject[task.id] || task; })
C) Should I store those derived properties in a single store.derivedProperties field, or store.derivedA, store.derivedB, etc?

Dogcow
Jun 21, 2005

darthbob88 posted:

Related to prom candy's problem, I'm still working on a fancy todo list app to learn React. The problem is that the fancy part adds a lot of data which needs to be updated along with the list of tasks; I've got an ordered list of currently active tasks, all of which may need to get updated and resorted, a couple of derived properties from that list, and a quasi-separate list of all tasks including ones that have already been done. I'd rather do as much calculation as possible server-side, and treat that as the single source of truth, rather than risk the JS screwing up some calculations.
A) I assume I should keep the task lists combined, and filter out the currently active ones for special display, rather than keep two separate lists in the Redux store?
B) Given A, what would be the best way to update the active tasks? Request a full list of all the tasks to replace the current list in Redux, or request a list of only the updated active tasks, and replace those in the current list? The second one sounds better and more efficient, but I can't think of a really good way to do that. Maybe something like this, but it feels a little clumsy.
code:
var taskObject = {}; 
newTaskList.forEach(function(element){
	taskObject[element.id] = element;
});
store.tasks.forEach(function(task) { return taskObject[task.id] || task; })
C) Should I store those derived properties in a single store.derivedProperties field, or store.derivedA, store.derivedB, etc?

So I would just keep all tasks in one simple map (of id to task) and use the concept of selectors to determine what are the currently active tasks and their order. A selector is just a function that extracts whatever you want from your state, here is a simple example without using any extra libraries:
JavaScript code:
// selectors
const getActiveTasks = tasks => tasks.filter(task => task.isActive);
const getSortedTasks = tasks => tasks.sort((taskA, taskB) => taskA.sortOrder - taskB.sortOrder);

// compose them together into a single selector
export const getActiveSortedTasks = state => getSortedTasks(getActiveTasks(state.tasks));

// use these selectors to get the currently active tasks sorted in the correct order
const sortedTasks = getActiveSortedTasks(state);
The library reselect does much of this for you along with the big added benefit of 'memoizing' (basically just caching) each selector which means it won't recalculate the selection unless the arguments passed have changed since the last calculation. This is basically the best practice for Redux apps for this problem and it means you don't have to worry about storing the derived properties as reselect will effectively be doing that for you but in a much finer grained way as you can compose any number of selectors together and each one will be cached individually.

As for handling the updated tasks from the server holding all tasks in one map makes it simple to update them, with ES6 it's one line using spread syntax plus object destructuring assignment:
JavaScript code:
export const tasksReducer = (state = {}, { type, payload }) => {
  switch (type) {
    case TASKS_UPDATED:
      return { ...state, ...payload }; // action.payload is a map of the updated tasks by id
      break;
  }
}
Note about the example: obviously destructuring the action into type and payload in the reducer arguments relies on all of the actions for this reducer having the same shape however if you use the convention of the 'flux standard action' you can safely make that assumption everywhere in your app.

Dogcow fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Jan 7, 2018

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dogcow posted:

So I would just keep all tasks in one simple map (of id to task) and use the concept of selectors to determine what are the currently active tasks and their order. A selector is just a function that extracts whatever you want from your state, here is a simple example without using any extra libraries:
Hadn't even considered using a map, since the data's coming in an array, but that would solve several other problems as well. In retrospect, that and your reducer suggestion follows obviously from the code I posted earlier. And as long as we're suggesting libraries, normalizr could work for this, but honestly it'll be easier for me to just pull that data in several API calls and normalize them by hand than extract it from a mega-object.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
Since I am dumb, and since the rules around this seem to change every time I look at this issue, can someone summarize how much of a pain in the rear end it is (if it's possible at all these days) for a single page app at https://foo.place.com to make an API request (using fetch()) to https://bar.place.com?

My automatic assumption was that I need to proxy, but maybe one can do it without horribleness using CORS headers on the API server??

Skandranon
Sep 6, 2008
fucking stupid, dont listen to me

Lumpy posted:

Since I am dumb, and since the rules around this seem to change every time I look at this issue, can someone summarize how much of a pain in the rear end it is (if it's possible at all these days) for a single page app at https://foo.place.com to make an API request (using fetch()) to https://bar.place.com?

My automatic assumption was that I need to proxy, but maybe one can do it without horribleness using CORS headers on the API server??

You have to either have bar.place.com support CORS or do some tricks with a proxy. This is exactly what CORS is meant to be regulating.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Skandranon posted:

You have to either have bar.place.com support CORS or do some tricks with a proxy. This is exactly what CORS is meant to be regulating.

Correct. So as long as bar.place.com has Access-Control-Allow-Origin: foo.place.com there are no other gotchas?

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

Lumpy posted:

Correct. So as long as bar.place.com has Access-Control-Allow-Origin: foo.place.com there are no other gotchas?

HTTPS can't fetch from HTTP but it looks like you've got that covered, too

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

Munkeymon posted:

HTTPS can't fetch from HTTP but it looks like you've got that covered, too

Awesome. Thanks for the info all.

Ape Fist
Feb 23, 2007

So I've landed a new job and I'm like a baby with angular. The employer knows this but thank God for corporate meltdowns and merger chaos because it's letting an absolute loving chump tier Jr front end like me start at £40k in a low-living cost City. (Belfast)

The employer wants me to invest the 10 bucks in picking up the Udemy angular 2 course and to go through it over the couple of weeks before I start the job.

Is it any good?

PS gently caress Belfast.

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I'm a self-taught dev who is negotiating 2 job offers. Both are small start-ups, one is very well-funded, uses a library I'm familiar with (React), has very good benefits and stuff like unlimited vacation time (minimum 3 weeks), is in a hip location downtown. The company is 4 people with 1 coder after downsizing from 20ish and changing focus.

The other is Angular 1 (haven't used it before), will more than likely offer less pay and less comprehensive benefits with more work, the offices seem kind of cramped for the size of the company (20ish people and expanding), but it seems like it would be a much a better cultural fit full of people who I'd probably like to hang out with outside of work.

For a first job, which would you take?

Cirofren
Jun 13, 2005

Pillbug

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I'm a self-taught dev who is negotiating 2 job offers. Both are small start-ups, one is very well-funded, uses a library I'm familiar with (React), has very good benefits and stuff like unlimited vacation time (minimum 3 weeks), is in a hip location downtown. The company is 4 people with 1 coder after downsizing from 20ish and changing focus.

The other is Angular 1 (haven't used it before), will more than likely offer less pay and less comprehensive benefits with more work, the offices seem kind of cramped for the size of the company (20ish people and expanding), but it seems like it would be a much a better cultural fit full of people who I'd probably like to hang out with outside of work.

For a first job, which would you take?

By 1 coder do you mean just you, or would you make it a team of 2?

(Either way I would take the first job. I can't imagine choosing to work on Angular 1 instead of React in 2018 even discounting the better pay, location, and benefits)

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Ape Fist posted:

So I've landed a new job and I'm like a baby with angular. The employer knows this but thank God for corporate meltdowns and merger chaos because it's letting an absolute loving chump tier Jr front end like me start at £40k in a low-living cost City. (Belfast)

The employer wants me to invest the 10 bucks in picking up the Udemy angular 2 course and to go through it over the couple of weeks before I start the job.

Is it any good?

PS gently caress Belfast.

Do the udemy course or whatever, but I very strongly recommend you just build poo poo 8 hours a day until you get hired. Angular 1 and 2 are the two frameworks where it was extremely apparent to me that the relatively shallow knowledge that internet tutorials give you was insufficient. You really gotta get stuck into it, get frustrated with things not working the way you want, and figure them out afterwards.

Udemy or Egghead.io are both fine, but really just build stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you

Vincent Valentine posted:

but I very strongly recommend you just build poo poo 8 hours a day until you get hired.

This seems to be the winning strategy imo and is a goal that I very much aspire to. Sometimes it makes me feel like that albino dude from The Da Vinci Code, though.