Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!
Abaddon should let his hair down so that he'll look like Ozzy in terminator armor and that'd be real loving metal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Corrode posted:

I just want Dorn and Sanguinius back although Sanguinius is probably the least likely of any of them.

I said a little earlier elsewhere that 40k Sanguinius - and this is bearing in mind the Blood Angels are actually my fave - should just be a skeleton in armor on the ground, and only have terrain rules.

Kabuki Shipoopi
Jun 22, 2007

If I fall, you don't get the head, right? If you lose the head, you're fucked!

moths posted:

And isn't the cultist replenish Strategem WB specific?

Nope. It works for any chaos cultists.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Word Bearers cultists seem more like cultists in the sense of insane religious worshipers while Alpha Legion cultists seem more like the forward operatives you'd actually see on the battlefield

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Alpha Legion cultists should be referred to as "Assets"

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Pendent posted:

If this is real thats a very dangerous path for GW to go down. If I were a Space Wolf player that would very likely turn me off of the army entirely.

Yeah, that's... not really giving me the warm fuzzies. Real frustrating if that's accurate, given that I just got done building out a bunch of Wolves.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Liquid Communism posted:

Yeah, that's... not really giving me the warm fuzzies. Real frustrating if that's accurate, given that I just got done building out a bunch of Wolves.

It is absolutely not real and anyone who thinks it is for even a second should be ashamed

Hell it's basically just Kharn with different stats

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

TheChirurgeon posted:

It is absolutely not real and anyone who thinks it is for even a second should be ashamed

Hell it's basically just Kharn with different stats

I'm glad of your confidence, because I'm not really sold enough on New!GW to think they're not going to find some way to crawl back up their own rear end at this late date.

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Liquid Communism posted:

I'm glad of your confidence, because I'm not really sold enough on New!GW to think they're not going to find some way to crawl back up their own rear end at this late date.

The biggest tell should have been that you saw rules before you heard anything about the model. That poo poo never happens, especially with a release this big

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!
The font and placement is off. It's shooped.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

goose willis posted:

Abaddon should let his hair down so that he'll look like Ozzy in terminator armor and that'd be real loving metal

Real Chaos stylist action

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
What's the deal with the tentacle egg cluster things on the Genestealer sprue?

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

Guy Goodbody posted:

What's the deal with the tentacle egg cluster things on the Genestealer sprue?

Set 'em up and pop your Genestealers out of them if they're in reserve, but hope your enemy doesn't look at them cross-ways too closely before or they'll spontaneously combust.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
What regimental doctrine is the most effective for Baneblades?

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've gotten good mileage out of Tallaran and a stormlord vs hordes.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Surprisingly many of them are good for Baneblades. Cadian is pretty good for generating more hits, Catachan is good for generating more shots out of the non-Stormlord versions, Valhallan keeps them operating at peak until they're nearly dead, Tallarn's stratagem for them turns them into giant monster trucks where every enemy unit is a broken down car, etc.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
big evil were-russ would rule idk what y'all are talking about

better if he comes back as just a gigantic evil wolf, on all fours

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Is the furry fandom really the sort of direction we want to take the hobby in

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

goose willis posted:

Is the furry fandom really the sort of direction we want to take the hobby in

We’ve already got wolves in jorts, it can only go up from here.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo
better were-russ than hellraiser russ

though now i think of it, a slaanesh-worshipping hair metal hellraiser russ, like a wolf-themed cenobyte who's in KISS, that would rule too and hearken back to the rogue trader style at the same time

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

I distinctly remember that at some point there was a reference to "beastmen" of some sort being in the Imperial Guard and I am truly grateful they never decided to expand on that route

Like sure it'd be an easy revenue source for Games Workshop but game stores are already nearly unbearable as-is with the standard nerd and do you really want the furry nerds too

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

goose willis posted:

I distinctly remember that at some point there was a reference to "beastmen" of some sort being in the Imperial Guard and I am truly grateful they never decided to expand on that route

Like sure it'd be an easy revenue source for Games Workshop but game stores are already nearly unbearable as-is with the standard nerd and do you really want the furry nerds too
After having the foulest people on the internet constantly forced across my attention over the past year furries feel increasingly innocuous. They might be a little odd but I'd take that any day over having somebody earnestly explain that the holocaust was a lie.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

On this blesséd winter holiday let us all join hands together and be thankful that Games Workshop never put animal ears and/or tails on anything feminine in this game

Amen

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
Unless you're asking pointed questions about their sexual escapades (and why the gently caress would you, goddamn) furries aren't even the most annoying thing in the last few pages this thread could come up with, let alone on the alltime leaderboard of 'what not to include in 40k'.

I'll take a furry opponent over "there's no rule against tipping your model over to avoid bubble wrap units" any day.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Strobe posted:

alltime leaderboard of 'what not to include in 40k'

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

You were a little too fast posting that. Almost as if you had it prepared? :thunk:

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~
I'll take furs over fascists any day of the week, but afaik Beastmen never attracted a significant furry playerbase to WHFB/AOS so I don't think that enraged honking was anything but sound and fury, signalling nothing.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

goose willis posted:

It was a thing in the early years of 40k, when every race in Warhammer Fantasy at the time was getting ported over to the new setting. Beastmen were teased as Imperial slaves and penal legions even more expendable than the normal Imperial Guard.

They've made a small return in the Thousand Sons with the Tzaangors - Tzaangor being the name of a Beastman leader with the Mark of Tzeentch in WHF.

Mef989
Feb 6, 2007

Cythereal posted:

It was a thing in the early years of 40k, when every race in Warhammer Fantasy at the time was getting ported over to the new setting. Beastmen were teased as Imperial slaves and penal legions even more expendable than the normal Imperial Guard.

They've made a small return in the Thousand Sons with the Tzaangors - Tzaangor being the name of a Beastman leader with the Mark of Tzeentch in WHF.

This seems a lot better of a port honestly. "Humans evolved into [dwarves, halflings, ogers, beastmen] on this planet" always felt less interesting to me than "Chaos thought it would be funny to warp them this way".

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer
Literally the only part of Fake-rear end Heretic Leman Russ that I find even the slightest bit plausible is the DARK WOLVES key word, which is so adorably loving corny that I'd buy it being real, and now I want GW to make it happen.

Strobe posted:

Surprisingly many of them are good for Baneblades. Cadian is pretty good for generating more hits, Catachan is good for generating more shots out of the non-Stormlord versions, Valhallan keeps them operating at peak until they're nearly dead, Tallarn's stratagem for them turns them into giant monster trucks where every enemy unit is a broken down car, etc.

So, uhh, Tallarn, then?

Floppychop
Mar 30, 2012

goose willis posted:

On this blesséd winter holiday let us all join hands together and be thankful that Games Workshop never put animal ears and/or tails on anything feminine in this game

Amen

Do yourself a favor and don't look up "felinids" then. They're fluff only, but they exist.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

goose willis posted:

Did you not see this FW model?

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.
This may be a stupid question, but when a detachment says "all units must be the same faction", do all of their faction keywords have to match? My question is more specifically whether or not I can run Death Guard units and non-Death Guard CSM units in the same detachment. I'd like to use both Plague Marines as Troops and vanilla Terminators and Obliterators (who have all the same keywords but aren't legal Death Guard units) in a single detachment if it's possible.

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Karl Rove posted:

This may be a stupid question, but when a detachment says "all units must be the same faction", do all of their faction keywords have to match? My question is more specifically whether or not I can run Death Guard units and non-Death Guard CSM units in the same detachment. I'd like to use both Plague Marines as Troops and vanilla Terminators and Obliterators (who have all the same keywords but aren't legal Death Guard units) in a single detachment if it's possible.

You only need to match one Faction keyword e.g. CHAOS or IMPERIUM. So you can totally do what you want to do.

You will lose the Death Guard specific rules though - in the Codex it says something like "units in a detachment which all share the DEATH GUARD keyword" so if you have non-DEATH GUARD units in there, nobody gets the special stuff.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow
I got the Dark Imperium box set and I'm not sure about how I want to paint the primaris marines. I could paint them as Salamanders to match what I have or I could just paint them as Ultramarines and contain them with the set.

Which of these gigantic marines would I most likely field?

what do?

Karl Rove
Feb 26, 2006

Oh man, the Elders are really lovely guys. Their astral projection seminars are literally off the fucking planet, and highly recommended.

Corrode posted:

You will lose the Death Guard specific rules though - in the Codex it says something like "units in a detachment which all share the DEATH GUARD keyword" so if you have non-DEATH GUARD units in there, nobody gets the special stuff.
That doesn't negate the 'Plague Marines count as Troop choices' rule as well?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Star Man posted:

I got the Dark Imperium box set and I'm not sure about how I want to paint the primaris marines. I could paint them as Salamanders to match what I have or I could just paint them as Ultramarines and contain them with the set.

Which of these gigantic marines would I most likely field?

what do?

Blood Angels are generally considered to be one of the more competitive options for running Primaris. The Inceptors in particular get really nasty when given access to Upon Wings of Fire- a strategem that lets you redeploy for one CP.

If you want to stick with the vanilla codex either option you provided is decent. You don't get heavy weapons in your infantry squads to really maximize your value from the Salamander chapter tactic so Ultramarines would probably be a bit better.

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Merry Christmas ya filthy animals

https://www.facebook.com/WarhammerTVteam/videos/499485427113107/

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Zark the Damned posted:

GW released an Xmas video with some new figures in it - https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/12/25/on-the-first-day-of-christmas-nurgle-gave-to-megw-homepage-post-3/

Blight Tree, Plaguebearer characters, Beasts of Nurgle, Drone Riders, GUO.

Some of these will be relevant for 40k no doubt.

Zark the Damned fucked around with this message at 11:47 on Dec 25, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Karl Rove posted:

That doesn't negate the 'Plague Marines count as Troop choices' rule as well?

No, that's just their unit type in the DG book. So you still get the Plague Marines as Troops and anything native to their entry, but not the 18" rapid fire range (iirc that's the special 'DEATH GUARD detachment' rule)