Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Dr. VooDoo posted:

On this Christmas Eve let us say thanks. Thank you Nintendo for making the perfect console the Switch

It'll be perfect once it has some sort of nvidia gamestream :pray:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

The mayflash gamecube controller adapter will work with my Switch and wavebirds to play Mario Kart correct?

I’m not sure about Mayflash but the official one works. Don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t also work.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

SeANMcBAY posted:

I’m not sure about Mayflash but the official one works. Don’t see any reason why that shouldn’t also work.

It's highly rated and says it works on the amazon page so if the official one does i"m sure it will

Love that I can at least consistently use my wavebirds through each new system. I'm sure the games are limited though. We'll see what happens with whatever new Smash, and platform mario-esque games? But the joycons are fine for that

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

It's highly rated and says it works on the amazon page so if the official one does i"m sure it will

Love that I can at least consistently use my wavebirds through each new system. I'm sure the games are limited though. We'll see what happens with whatever new Smash, and platform mario-esque games? But the joycons are fine for that

It’ll probably officially work with Smash. It should work well for everything expect for things that require buttons/motion controls that the GC controllers don’t have.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Any good stuff here??

The Jackbox Party Pack 4 $18.74
Oxenfree $4.99
The Bridge $4.99
Riptide GP: Renegade $4.99
Tower Of Babel $4.99
Volgarr the Viking $4.99
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern $4.99
Robonauts $7.49
Astro Duel Deluxe $7.49
Human Resource Machine $7.99
Little Inferno $7.99
Party Golf $9.99
Letter Quest Remastered $10.04
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure $14.99

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/352511

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Little Inferno is a cute little puzzle game.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Oxenfree is a pretty good narrative driven game if you haven't played it on PC already.

The Bridge is a neat little puzzler based on rotating stages, but it tries a bit too hard to ape Braid's narrative style. It's been a while since I played it, so I could be remembering it wrong.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Volgarr the Viking is a good platform action game in the vein of Super Ghouls and Ghosts. lots of deaths and difficulty

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

Internet Kraken posted:

Lol. That game is really sad!

Roadie
Jun 30, 2013

Internet Kraken posted:

I played that for maybe five minutes, went "wait, this is it?" and stopped and never went back to it.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Any good stuff here??

The Jackbox Party Pack 4 $18.74
Oxenfree $4.99
The Bridge $4.99
Riptide GP: Renegade $4.99
Tower Of Babel $4.99
Volgarr the Viking $4.99
Heroes of the Monkey Tavern $4.99
Robonauts $7.49
Astro Duel Deluxe $7.49
Human Resource Machine $7.99
Little Inferno $7.99
Party Golf $9.99
Letter Quest Remastered $10.04
Unbox: Newbie's Adventure $14.99

https://slickdeals.net/share/iphone_app/fp/352511

Oxenfree is super worth $5 if you haven't played it on PC (assuming they didn't FUBAR the switch port). Human Resource Machine is a pseudo-programming puzzle game that uses touchscreen in portable mode and uses the gyro as a mouse analogue on a TV.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.
So what other hallmark titles are on the horizon? BOTW and SMO were great, and while there are some good ports coming to the switch, I am curious what other gangbusters titles we're expected to see coming up.

the panacea
May 10, 2008

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:

Knifegrab posted:

So what other hallmark titles are on the horizon? BOTW and SMO were great, and while there are some good ports coming to the switch, I am curious what other gangbusters titles we're expected to see coming up.

Metroid (not sure this will land in 2018)
Bayonetta 3 (1-2 in Feb)
Kirby
A new one in the No more heroes series
Fire emblem proper
Some Yoshi game
If you are into JRPGs: octopath something something

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

The new Pokemon game as well.

Also, merry christmas Nintendo.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Strawberry Panda posted:

Yeah I'm looking at Blossom Tales, SteamWorld Dig 2, Shantae, Jackbox 4, or Gungeon. I do live in a house with 5 other people so couch co-op games are always invited.

Someone told me Crawl was the best couch co op game on Switch

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

I played some xenoblade yesterday.

I get to some town, decide to do some side quest, get told to scavenge around the place for screws, try salvaging in the city and get nothing.
So I want to try outside the town. More or less as soon as I get out there a giant level 80 fucker comes running across the fields faster than I can outrun him and one shots me.
I decide to be more cautious and sneak around and find a salvage point, dive down, I pull up some monster that one shots me instantly because it's level 40 when I'm like 8.
Decide to do the main quest, I get asked to kill some thing near a salvage point, decide that maybe this is a low level point because the main quest is just starting?
Dive down, pull up another level 40 enemy and get one shot :(

Good game.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Tried the 8Bitdo SN30 with splatoon's salmon run last night and it worked fine. I was able to play about the same as my pro controller on the first try. Motion worked the same I felt, buttons seemed good, rumbled good.

3rd party 🎮 that actually works great

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I've been using it for Romancing SaGa 2.

Playing a Super Nintendo game with a Super Nintendo controller on the Switch, gently caress yeah.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Figured I would gift myself Blossom Tales for Christmas this morning but apparently the eshop is down? I hope everyone got physical cartridges for Christmas!

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Yeah, the shop has been getting hammered since Friday night at least.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

This is why they recommend opening and updating all consoles if you're giving them as gifts these days

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
So I got my nephew a switch for christmas, unfortunately though we're having some sound issues. He's got wireless headphones that use the old fashioned radio type tech, but when using them on the switch he gets a bunch of static noise along with the audio.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Captain Hair posted:

So I got my nephew a switch for christmas, unfortunately though we're having some sound issues. He's got wireless headphones that use the old fashioned radio type tech, but when using them on the switch he gets a bunch of static noise along with the audio.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Do regular headphones work?

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

I remember some other Goon had that problem and it was some sort of grounding issue. Had to send it back.

But try other headphones first.

Captain Hair
Dec 31, 2007

Of course, that can backfire... some men like their bitches crazy.
Yeah regular headphones were fine. He's got the dock setup to his pc monitor and his pc is almost always on, so I'm gonna try running the switch headphone jack to the line in on his pc that'll then output to the wireless headphones.

If that doesn't work I'll try buying one of those ground loop isolators.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Suggestions for SDXC cards? Trying to decide between 128 and 256gb, but I dunno how much brand affects that.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Pollyanna posted:

Suggestions for SDXC cards? Trying to decide between 128 and 256gb, but I dunno how much brand affects that.

All the known brands should be fine. Just make sure you buy from a reputable seller since fake SD cards are rampant.

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Autonomous Monster posted:

It might have some use when/if the MP gets patched in, but yeah, from what I've seen of Wargroove (the devs have a couple of gameplay streams up on twitch) I'm expecting it to be a much better game.
Is it the switch version they stream on? Is there a hard release date? What's an MP?

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:boonie::australia::siren: ATTENTION: AUSGOONS :siren::australia::boonie:

Hey remember when Amazon.com.au launched? Well it's back! In pogBoxing Day Lightning Sales form!

Nintendo Switch - $379AUD (Until Sold Out)

Mario Odyssey - $50AUD (Already 8% claimed)
Zelda BotW - $60AUD (Already 8% claimed)
FIFA 18 - $35AUD :siren:
Just Dance 2018 - $35AUD
Mario Kart - DEAL LIVE FROM 7am

Vooks also has the roundup on several other bargains via brick and mortar stores

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
So about that paid online Nintendo has planned? It got delayed to fall 2018.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Ahahahahahahaha

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Dr. Fetus posted:

So about that paid online Nintendo has planned? It got delayed to fall 2018.

Hopefully it means they delayed it to make it more enticing. Even playing just $20 a year for the same online as now and an NES game a month is still pretty lovely.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!
Also those of you who really want VC, just get an Android portable like a GPD XD. I loved an older revision I had, but now that we have a proper successor to the Vita I don't have time to play a million ancient games plus current switch titles.

But they are fantastic little emulation devices that will fill your retro gaming needs in a cool little form factor. They usually rock a nice IPS screen too, which puts 3ds screens to shame!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
Actually, considering that only the Italian site says that (the other versions of the site simply say 2018), it might've just been a typo, given that the original date for paid online was supposed to be Fall 2017. And if it's going to be delayed for that long, it might as well be scrapped entirely in that case.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

SeANMcBAY posted:

Hopefully it means they delayed it to make it more enticing. Even playing just $20 a year for the same online as now and an NES game a month is still pretty lovely.

that idea was scrapped a while ago

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

SeANMcBAY posted:

Even playing just $20 a year for the same online as now and an NES game a month is still pretty lovely.

By comparison only. poo poo's expensive to run and the more online games they get the more expensive it becomes. It's not an unreasonable amount to pay for the service.

It might be better if they had number of games tiers instead, since there are probably people that play (say) Mario kart and nothing else but making it more complicated also increases costs so eh

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Yeah it's not a single NES game a month anymore, it's an entire catalogue. I assume NoA managed to convince NCL on that one

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

njsykora posted:

The new Pokemon game as well.

Also, merry christmas Nintendo.

And today is my birthday, they sent me a 30% off email, but I can’t use it because it’s down. Oh well.

antidote
Jun 15, 2005

Captain Hair posted:

If that doesn't work I'll try buying one of those ground loop isolators.

This was my thought. Let us know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Does anyone know if Nintendo will make more of the Xenoblade pro controllers? Im starting to regret not buying one day 1.

• Locked thread