Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LornMarkus
Nov 8, 2011

Attestant posted:

It's already good without a dive. Dive pushes it towards close to USB power levels. It's probably the best DPS Burst there is.

Can also confirm, I don't even especially like the guy but I LD'ed him in JP and haven't regretted it any of the times I've broken him out as a troubleshooter for difficult fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

On a non-pulling note, is the xp daily supposed to be boosted? Looks like the same (+) dungeon we had all week.

Orb Meadows is great though, if you don't mind the rainbow of drops. Averages about 1.75 Major orbs every 40-stamina stage for me.

numerrik
Jul 15, 2009

Falcon Punch!

So I have a hero soul, should I just pop it on whichever dude looks cool?

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Bruceski posted:

On a non-pulling note, is the xp daily supposed to be boosted? Looks like the same (+) dungeon we had all week.
Both XP dungeons have a higher rate of return. In particular the + dungeon gives out 588K per stage, or even more if you get a Magic Pot.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

numerrik posted:

pop it on a dude you have a thingy for

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

NGDBSS posted:

Both XP dungeons have a higher rate of return. In particular the + dungeon gives out 588K per stage, or even more if you get a Magic Pot.

I thought it always did that much.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."
Naw old exp dungeon was literally half of this and Jars just gave Greater Eggs.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
It really makes learning new SBs a snap, which is why it's a bummer I'm going to pull 11/11 on the LD tomorrow when it isn't open.

EDIT: Also, yeah, pulling Auron's BSB1 and noticing that the buff on it (30% atk, 25% res, 50% crit) has a unique ID makes it seem really good solely for those entry buffs. He also has a doublecast Samurai LM. Nobody ever seems to talk about him; I'd think that combination would make him pretty lethal with the elemental 5* Samurai skills.

Baku fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Dec 25, 2017

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

numerrik posted:

Wait for the 6* banner tomorrow and use it on whoever you get a relic for.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the XIV torment has reminded me that papalymo is a loving animal and i'd dive him in a moment if he wasn't so loving short

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Prav posted:

the XIV torment has reminded me that papalymo is a loving animal and i'd dive him in a moment if he wasn't so loving short

I wouldn’t trust a tall potato

...or a short one

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Never trust a potato, that's how they getcha.

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

superloosegoose posted:

Cloud of Darkness BSB/11, not a dupe but give me a break with all these 1/11's.

cod's clothing relic from her BSB is great since it gives +dark. I have Raines and Exdeath wearing her outfit whenever I use them

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!

numerrik posted:

Don’t stress about it too much. You’ll end up with plenty over time.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

BGrifter posted:

Don’t stress about it too much. You’ll end up with plenty over time.

I've been trying to turn mine into eggs but there's only so many times one can go through the process-

Now Loading...

-before it gets a bit tedious.

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

FYI doesn't seem like any surprise Xmas mythril datamined. Try to plan your draws around that strong chance the Christmas bonus isn't coming this year.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?

Bruceski posted:

Never trust a potato, that's how they gatcha.

Fixed it for you.

Geocities Homepage King fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 25, 2017

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer

iamsosmrt posted:

FYI doesn't seem like any surprise Xmas mythril datamined. Try to plan your draws around that strong chance the Christmas bonus isn't coming this year.

Maybe we'll get a jelly of the month club subscription.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Blegh, BSB draw got me Seifer's BSB and Kefka's. Seifer's maybe has some weird gimmick application I can't think of, but Kefka's looks like a big ol' turd. Figured I wouldn't get anything amazing but I was hoping for some +element gear at least.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Seifer is low key really good. Kefka's bsb2 is great, but I'm going to assume you got his first poison one.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

Seifer is low key really good. Kefka's bsb2 is great, but I'm going to assume you got his first poison one.

I guess I'll have to actually use Seifer's and see, once I've leveled him up. It seems like a really slow buildup but maybe it's not that bad in practice. I got the Black Quena for Kefka, not sure which one that is, but it does dark and poison. It also seems way too slow, like I feel like by the time CM1 is fully charged up I'll be halfway through my burst mode duration already. Six hits does sound pretty good though, if the potency isn't poo poo.

I think mostly I'm just comparing it to my Cid Raines BSB since that's my gold standard for dark magic BSBs and I guess basically nothing is going to look good compared to that.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Total newbie here, do I pull for the half off Christmas 11 that's current there or save up for something else?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

Washout posted:

Total newbie here, do I pull for the half off Christmas 11 that's current there or save up for something else?

Make 100% sure you have 25 mythril for the banner tomorrow. It's guaranteed to have either a USB, Chain or OSB on every pull.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Grizzled Patriarch posted:

I guess I'll have to actually use Seifer's and see, once I've leveled him up. It seems like a really slow buildup but maybe it's not that bad in practice. I got the Black Quena for Kefka, not sure which one that is, but it does dark and poison. It also seems way too slow, like I feel like by the time CM1 is fully charged up I'll be halfway through my burst mode duration already. Six hits does sound pretty good though, if the potency isn't poo poo.

I think mostly I'm just comparing it to my Cid Raines BSB since that's my gold standard for dark magic BSBs and I guess basically nothing is going to look good compared to that.

You pulled Kefka bsb2. The cmd1 is a mag debuff, and stacks charges for the cmd2. Its basically dark/poison magic Squall bsb2. Its great.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Charles Bukowski posted:

You pulled Kefka bsb2. The cmd1 is a mag debuff, and stacks charges for the cmd2. Its basically dark/poison magic Squall bsb2. Its great.

Ah cool, guess I did much better than I thought I did then. Thanks, I probably wouldn't have given it a second look otherwise.

Also how the hell does Kefka not have a legend dive yet.

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

If I'm remembering correctly, Kefka's LD was in the last BraBra event we haven't quite gotten yet. Should be soon though I think?

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
Merry Christmas record keeper goons

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

"I'm thirty," I said. "I'm five years too old to lie to myself and call it honor."

Washout posted:

Arg, too bad you didn't start a few days ago so you could really leverage the three luckies!

Yes, you're going to want to do the Holiday Lucky Relic Draw Phase 3 (and the Phase 2 right now if you have 50 Mythril).

The banners you should absolutely not roll on for any reason are the Newcomers' Welcome Relic Draw Banners, which are three banners at the bottom of the list representing FFVII, X, and XIII. These are absolute trash.

Other than that, run Realm dungeons for more Mythril and stamina, and also the current FFXII event, Unswayed by Phantoms. You won't be able to get very far in it, but the first few levels are negative-challenge even for a newbie, and you'll be able to rack up a few more Mythril and characters.

When you're starting out, use any character you get relics for, no matter who it is. You should be able to utilize Thunder God Cid as a Realm Warrior in order to chump a good deal of content in order to get the rewards. Go here: https://friends-ffrk.com/ and search for the Soul Break "Thunder God" and add as many to your friends list as possible. After you do that, you can steamroll through content and acquire Souls of Heroes for unlocking specific characters you get relics for.

Other than that, keep asking us questions and good luck! Post your 6* lucky draw results here or in Discord and we'll tell you what to do! :D

TLDR: If you can get 50 Mythril in the next 10 minutes, roll on both. If not, SLAM Phase 3 ASAP.

ceaselessfuture fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Dec 25, 2017

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

:toot: Merry Christmas Keepers! :toot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DVkhG0id98

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Given the banner we're getting, you need something more appropriate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQnedo-OyU0

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Merry Christmas goons. UNLEASH THE MYTHRIL!

Edit: RIP me.

Both dupes.

BGrifter fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 25, 2017

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

At least it's not a dupe. I already have Iris and Larsa's BSBs for Astra, but I guess having it stapled to Hastega and HP stock is a fairly useful tool in the right circumstances.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Darksteel dagger, Giant's axe, Ragnarok - good stuff I hope?

Avalerion fucked around with this message at 09:23 on Dec 25, 2017

Randabis
Apr 2, 2005

1/11 Rydia OSB dupe... Dena being scrooge McDuck this year.

ceaselessfuture
Apr 9, 2005

never ever pull, ever

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

Went 3/11

Garland Chain
Krile OSB
Tyro OSB (dupe)

Two OSBs is a little rough, and I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention Krile's before - I'm guessing the "deals damage based on how many fire attacks you've used" part makes it Not Good? I have sheepsong for her already so I guess it will be good to have something else for her to do. Plus hey, +fire rod with synergy only, I guess.

The chain makes it all worth it though. I'm not sure if it will be enough to let me sub-30 mist dragon since the timing on that mist form seems to be loving me more than not having enough DPS, but we shall see.

Tyro OSB dupe is maybe a good stat stick for all 2 characters I have that can use books? I dunno.

Grizzled Patriarch fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Dec 25, 2017

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Neither are dupes! :toot:

I'm sorely lacking in dark resources but I'll make an effort to invest for such a solid USB. Yuna's USB is now my second Medica Ultra (after getting Aerith's from the last DU lucky) and is pretty prime for multiplayer shitfests. Merry Christmas indeed!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Live, laugh, kupo!

Sweet Christmas!

That's USBs for Vaan and Minwu, and OSBs for Agrias, Balthier, Rinoa, and Basch. I think I have an FF12 team now.

Bruceski fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Dec 25, 2017

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

ceaselessfuture posted:

never ever pull, ever

Oof.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

ceaselessfuture posted:

never ever pull, ever

Yeah that's the worst one I saw on Discord for sure. Not even usable as a synergy weapon. :smith:

• Locked thread