Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Sakurazuka posted:

If you're really struggling it's entirely possible you've missed a weapon upgrade item or armour somewhere.

Ya I think I might have missed level 3 upgrade for the fire spell. Is it normal for that to still be level 2 post rado's annex?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

the biggest travesty is the mc's super lame casual clothes

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ulio posted:

Ya I think I might have missed level 3 upgrade for the fire spell. Is it normal for that to still be level 2 post rado's annex?

You won't find any of your third gems until after Rado's.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

you've been naughty this year so you get a double post

https://twitter.com/daijanaikedo/status/944036571250085888

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

How many friends can I reliably focus on hanging out with if I want to max them out? I notice I start different break periods with different amounts of AP, even if I've been getting all the questions right, and it's hard to plan in advance since I don't know who'll be available.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

Ok I am doing fine on my hard run after grinding a bunch, up to sand boss.

Btw I just read the achievements and it seems you can beat Kishgal/Toal in the first encounter? I just thought those were guaranteed losses so didn't try after a couple of tries each.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
Kishgal aborts the fight after you take off a certain amount of HP and it's EXTREMELY hard to do because you lack the abilities to easily deal with his iceberg move. (he doesn't even have an alternative line for that situation) Toal is a lot more doable since beating him centers around keeping up your forcefield and running away from him while blasting him from afar. If you beat him, he'll just transform and oneshot your rear end in the cutscene after.

Omi no Kami
Feb 19, 2014

Holy crap, I just started the second field study and I am really missing Alisa's AoE healing craft. Doing it one person at a time or wasting MP healing with arts feels excruciating bycomparison.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)
You'll soon get a craft that heals both HP and EP to help out with that.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
It’s really cool when you’re doing the final fight in CS1 on Nightmare and Morning Moon refuses to proc the counter so you just kinda eat poo poo. :) Also cool how the game (gameplay spoilers) doesn’t just record the different stance weaknesses.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

quote:

-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV: The End of Saga is an important title that will serve as a stopping point to the Trails series that started in 2004.

-Therefore, the subtitle “The End of Saga” was given. The title logo is an image that reflects elements from the entire Trails series as well.

-The decision to end here was made around the time of The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky FC.

-This is the first time the company has announced a new title as a last title, so Falcom feels the pressure.

- One thing you’ll wonder about is at what point in time did the story start, but another one Kondo wants you to think about is if Rean Schwarzer is the protagonist in the first place.

Lloyd Bannings and the others are heading to the ending that was talked about in the last part of The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki.

-The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IV will have more playable characters than the previous title, and the most there’s ever been.

-It’ll be an RPG with exceptional volume from start to end.

-Falcom plans to brush up a more complete battle system that inherits elements from the previous title in “Brave Order” and “Break.”

-With characters appearing from past titles, Falcom is looking to show off each and every character, and they’re focusing on developing it to tell its story as if it were a single RPG title of its own.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2017/12/25/legend-heroes-trails-cold-steel-iv-will-playable-characters-ever/#j15wWhetei2pMrYp.99

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Wait, did a lot of Oruboros poo poo happen in CS3 and Trails to Zero/Azure, or are we just gonna gank half the Enforcers/Anguis and Grandmaster to wrap up that loose end, because I thought the Sept-Terrion weren’t a complete set.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That's all fine, but they've also made comments at times that as of I think CS2 they were only about 60% done. Now while I can guess that CS3 + CS4 is the entirety of that last 40%, I'd imagine that the length it'd give especially CS4 would be nuts.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So...we're not getting a Calvard arc?

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!
I'm not sure how to stop tweets from embedding, and I'd rather avoid the potential spoilers, but I'm fairly sure there is a mistranslation/misintepretation there and this was meant to be the stopping point for the Erebonian arc not the entire series.

It's a known fact that they had the basic outline for the Erebonian arc done back when Sky was out. Crossbell and the Third were relatively unplanned because they needed to set up a bunch of lore for Erebonia, and then they decided that working within the smaller scope of Crossbell would be better than jumping straight into the actual epic that is Erebonia. Of course, Cold Steel still got split into 4 games instead of 2 lmao.

SC Bracer fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Dec 25, 2017

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

e: after reading the rest idk

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
They made three whole other games just to help set up this arc? :stare:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

https://twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/943374092740235264?ref_src=twcamp%5Eshare%7Ctwsrc%5Em5%7Ctwgr%5Eemail%7Ctwcon%5E7046%7Ctwterm%5E0

Theyre hyping this up as a big thing because they want to do the calvard game after a 3-4 year break, not right away, in order to prevent burnout ftom both the developers and consumers. They still have plans for a calvard arc.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Dec 25, 2017

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

BrightWing posted:

They made three whole other games just to help set up this arc? :stare:

at least five, possibly nine

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Siliconera can't translate for poo poo and get things wrong about this series all the time. This isn't the final Trails game. Just the finale for Erebonia and it'll also act as a sendoff for Liberl and Crossbell too.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

What if instead there were fewer playable characters, because I get really tired of having to set up orbments over and over.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

You'd have to be an idiot to think CS4 is the final game. Kondo is on record in saying he wants future arcs in the series to be limited to two games each because the scope of the erebonia arc got out of hand. The only reason CS4 has that subtitle is because the public expected 3 to be the last one and there was an outcry when the sudden cliffhanger happened.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

lets hang out posted:

What if instead there were fewer playable characters, because I get really tired of having to set up orbments over and over.
Setting up orbments is super easy and fast in the Cold Steel system.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

I won't be satisfied until every character is a playable character. Just recruit some random rear end npc on the street and make them fight for me

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Endorph posted:

It doesn't matter how fast it is if you have to do it over and over again.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Endorph posted:

its not just setting up its juggling the 4 different orbment shops that all offer different things to buy or craft all the quartz you want every time the plot ejects your good party members (new class 7) and replaces them with bad ones (old class 7)

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

Reco fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Red Red Blue posted:

I won't be satisfied until every character is a playable character. Just recruit some random rear end npc on the street and make them fight for me

Octopath Traveler already took that gimmick

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Hivac posted:

I mean if we're being that reductive then it applies to any and all game mechanics and the series should have just been a tv anime instead

That's not what reductive means but sure.

Unless changing your party constantly is a game mechanic which would be dumb.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Reco fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Dec 25, 2017

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

Games should be streamlined

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

CharlestheHammer posted:

Games should be streamlined

Tokyo Xanadu has an obivous example of something that could be better streamlined: its orbment equivalent has unlocks based on uncommon drops, some of which you can buy --- but there seems to be no way of looking up what you need in the store that sells those.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

It's not a crime against humanity to ask for some sort of memory system so you can save your orb placements. Especially because certain characters in CS2 just leave suddenly RIGHT before a dungeon.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Reco fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Dec 25, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hivac posted:

The forbidden incantation that was recited just before lovely mobages tore into the jrpg market

Was it you that got really upset that they added fast travel to Nord?

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Not...really? The story is fairly minor compared to some other mobage; it's mostly grinding raids.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Hivac posted:

Not really? I wasn't a huge fan of the orbment changes but I had just come off of Sky 3rd and I really liked messing with orbments at endgame. I used the poo poo out of turbo

I just don't like arguments like "more streamlining is always good" because you have games like GBF where there is barely even a trace of a jrpg being there. It's like a VN with buttons you press sometimes
Granblue is like the textbook definition of a game that needs more streamlining in terms of inventory management, leveling up weapons and juggling your party in that game is a giant pain in the rear end.

I don't know why 'they should make reshuffling orbments a little more convenient' = 'they hsould cut out gameplay depth.' like, what gameplay depth would be sacrificed letting you save orbment setups? You're conflating two unrelated things. If the battle system is the same and the orbment system functions the same, the gameplay is literally the exact same, it's just slightly easier to set-up new party members. At absolute worst, you could say it discourages experimentation, but the cold steel orbment system doesn't really have much experimentation to it anyway.