Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe
Despite setbacks, agony, drawn blood, never receiving the package with the lighting system, being the biggest little bitch about it in the slack :siren: Toxx complete!:siren:

(cultist for scale)

Lacrimas Rosa, or the Bloody Rose, Legio Oculorrhexis, Forgeworld Meninx, a warlord titan aligned to the Warmaster.

Travels with the word bearers, so the corruption has already begun.

Fully magnetized and with a system for interchangeable weapons for every option.

More pictures, including some detail shots, here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
That Cultist looks ace. I love the muted palette.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

Lovely Joe Stalin posted:

It’s a great cultist.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015
That Warlord looks great. I quite like what you did with the chaos star scratched on the right side torso armor plate.

Question for you: what size magnet did you use for the torso-hip joint? I've got a pair of 40x5mm neodymium magnets and I'm worried they won't be enough, despite the advertised pull weight.

Aesaar fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Dec 24, 2017

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It’s a great cultist.

One day I'll get around to showing off that army.

Aesaar posted:

That Warlord looks great. I quite like what you did with the chaos star scratched on the right side torso armor plate.

Question for you: what size magnet did you use for the torso-hip joint? I've got a pair of 40x5mm neodymium magnets and I'm worried they won't be enough, despite the advertised pull weight.

A pair of cylindrical neodymium magnets, 20mm diameter and 2.5mm thick, so you've got loads of strength. I'm considering adding a spacer because it's a bit of a pest to remove the legs from the body for transport.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Remarkable. Perfect. How many hours of your life does that represent?

Also the Titan doesn't look too shabby either.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Hamshot posted:

Despite setbacks, agony, drawn blood, never receiving the package with the lighting system, being the biggest little bitch about it in the slack :siren: Toxx complete!:siren:

(cultist for scale)

Lacrimas Rosa, or the Bloody Rose, Legio Oculorrhexis, Forgeworld Meninx, a warlord titan aligned to the Warmaster.

Travels with the word bearers, so the corruption has already begun.

Fully magnetized and with a system for interchangeable weapons for every option.

More pictures, including some detail shots, here.

Its ok I guess

Science Rocket
Sep 4, 2006

Putting the Flash in Flash Man

ijyt posted:

Its ok I guess

Amazing job on the cultist though

I wish I could paint something anywhere near as good as that Titan... or even afford something like that Titan

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
Hamshot you mad man

Amazing work

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Oh, does Hamshot have a warlord? I had no idea

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
gently caress the haters, that Titan rules.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

:toot:

Is it still really considered a finished TOXX without a base though? :confused: :confuoot:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Titan owns Mr. Hambrose

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Is it still really considered a finished TOXX without a base though? :confused: :confuoot:

A coat of Steel Legion Drab around the rim and his base is perfect.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

:vince:

That's an impressive amount of conversion work on such a massive model. I really like the banners- they give it a sense of motion and give a reason for the chains to exist. How did you make them? Especially the ones on the back? Your a madman for the freehand rose painting too. It reminds me of old Hieronymus Bosch paintings I've seen in person- he painted onto wood panels and the cracked texture comes through just like on the titan's pauldrons. I don't think this thread has anyone with better freehand work than this. gently caress dude.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Hamshot posted:

Are the rose and eye on this cultist display base hand painted? Because :wow:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Hixson posted:

Titan owns Mr. Hambrose

i mean Hamshot. gently caress hambrose

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I think at that scale, the table IS the base.

Aesaar
Mar 19, 2015

Hamshot posted:

A pair of cylindrical neodymium magnets, 20mm diameter and 2.5mm thick, so you've got loads of strength. I'm considering adding a spacer because it's a bit of a pest to remove the legs from the body for transport.
Sweet, thanks. Now I just need to stop procrastinating on getting the base done and legs posed.

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNJ1RHUnX9s

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Hixson posted:

i mean Hamshot. gently caress hambrose

:blush:

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Would

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
A single cultist isn't a valid LoW :confused:

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

TTerrible posted:

A single cultist isn't a valid LoW :confused:

It's the Alpha Legion Primarch.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Dead gay rulebook is up.

https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-GB/The-Horus-heresy-Age-of-Darkness-Rulebook-2017

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

lol it's already out of stock

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

It sold out before I got the email.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

It was in stock for me. refresh

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
I've added some heavy vehicles to the Shadow Crusade.

The armored Proteus "Torquem Ruptor" which can carry a heavy support squad, veterans, or terminators:

The Typhon "All Conqueror" which will eventually be joined by a pair of Vindicators.

A family photo of the tank section so far, the two new tanks joined by the Sicaran "Havoc Vulture":

Since I had over weathered the Sicaran while learning to weather, I decided to just go with it and weather the army heavily. My other armies will not be so over the top, but I think it works for World Eaters and I actually like this. I was going for this kind of feel:

Hamshot
Feb 1, 2006
Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

That's an impressive amount of conversion work on such a massive model. I really like the banners- they give it a sense of motion and give a reason for the chains to exist. How did you make them? Especially the ones on the back? Your a madman for the freehand rose painting too. It reminds me of old Hieronymus Bosch paintings I've seen in person- he painted onto wood panels and the cracked texture comes through just like on the titan's pauldrons. I don't think this thread has anyone with better freehand work than this. gently caress dude.

I have no loving idea how I got that cracked texture effect. It might be from lightly sanding back thick lumpy paint layers when I got too carried away.

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Are the rose and eye on this cultist display base hand painted? Because :wow:

Yup!

I'm thinking I'll need to make a tutorial on how I did the banners. Almost everyone who's seen them has asked me...

GreenMarine posted:

Since I had over weathered the Sicaran while learning to weather, I decided to just go with it and weather the army heavily. My other armies will not be so over the top, but I think it works for World Eaters and I actually like this. I was going for this kind of feel:

White really is the best for showing off weathering, on all my red stuff it doesn't show nearly as magnificently as this. It's possible they chose white on death guard (for rust and filth) and world eaters (for BLOOD) as pre-heresy colors exactly for this reason.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
Painted my first 30k marine, so many more to go!

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Venom Soag posted:

very excellent choice of legion

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Recoome posted:

very excellent choice of legion

:sparkles::hf::sparkles:

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Venom Soag posted:

gently caress me, now I want to paint some Palatine Blades - you've inspired me.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Endman posted:

gently caress me, now I want to paint some Palatine Blades - you've inspired me.

Where do you live again? I’m looking for Australian friendos to play with.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Venom Soag posted:

Where do you live again? I’m looking for Australian friendos to play with.

Tasmania, unfortunately.

There's supposed to be a 30k scene down here, but the thought of actually playing the game just seems terribly wrong. :v:

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Endman posted:

Tasmania, unfortunately.

There's supposed to be a 30k scene down here, but the thought of actually playing the game just seems terribly wrong. :v:

Let me know if you’re ever in Melbourne! What legion do you play?

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you
JBP is in Melbourne and also plays pretty boiz

Endman
May 18, 2010

Venom Soag posted:

Let me know if you’re ever in Melbourne! What legion do you play?

Will do! I’ve got a small force of Space Wolves I’m working on at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Endman posted:

Will do! I’ve got a small force of Space Wolves I’m working on at the moment.

Awuuuuuu..