Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Isnt Rees Mogg a papist too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Kurtofan posted:

How does that work

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_peer

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We

this is why lord sugar is called lord sugar as well, of the apprentice fame

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Lord sugar, earl of sandwich

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Kurtofan posted:

Correct Mr Protestant

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

if you eat a viscounts heart you become a viscount

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

according to the british constitution, article ix

byob historian
Nov 5, 2008

I'm an animal abusing piece of shit! I deliberately poisoned my dog to death and think it's funny! I'm an irredeemable sack of human shit!

Squizzle posted:

lies, those aristocraps have no heart :milk:

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sucks that English Law required the Queen to assassinate Lady Di, but the law is the law...

Thankfully Jeremy will abolish the monarchy and free those poor, poor corgis.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

My brother is getting a star named ‘The Queen killed Diana’ for Christmas

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

MikeCrotch posted:

Correct Mr Protestant

Im of proud catholic stock, i can make catholic jokes

Ghost Who Walks
Jul 15, 2005

High Five.
Bangalla style.
Make all the Catholic jokes you want - we're hardly a disenfranchised minority.

There's only one corner of the country where it matters and it's hardly going to make things worse there.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Shikantaza
Sep 10, 2016
Cheers Mum, Happy Christmas all

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

me and my dad both got eachother the same Corbyn book neither of us will read, NOICE!

I got him a vietnamese cookbook though that I think he will like, I got me mam a book about medieval christianity taking over paganism which I hope she will like cause I heard the author on a podcast and she seems just as mental in a good, smart way as me ol mam

e: for secret santa i got my uncle a book by Emma Goldman about anarchism and some Zizek book about political violence cause he considers himself a bit of a revolutionary

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

nopantsjack posted:

me and my dad both got eachother the same Corbyn book neither of us will read, NOICE!

I got him a vietnamese cookbook though that I think he will like, I got me mam a book about medieval christianity taking over paganism which I hope she will like cause I heard the author on a podcast and she seems just as mental in a good, smart way as me ol mam

e: for secret santa i got my uncle a book by Emma Goldman about anarchism and some Zizek book about political violence cause he considers himself a bit of a revolutionary

Emma Goldman is cool af

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Kurtofan posted:

He should talk to his priest about being a whore for Usery.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Crowsbeak posted:

He should talk to his priest about being a whore for Usery.

Catholic Church no longer gives a gently caress about usury.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

so nice to finally be able to say this again now that the roving bands of sharia religious police have been defeated by MAGAtweets...

MERRY CHRISTMAS/ EID MILAD SAEID!

Normie Chomsky
Apr 10, 2008

Squizzle posted:

Don't discount this viscount buddy!!

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
If you eat a whole Viscount you become a chocolate covered mint cream biscuit

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Squizzle posted:

diablerie is frowned upon, as it reduces your humanity and retaining humanity is a struggle for even the least bloodthirsty aristocrats

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jazerus posted:

diablerie is frowned upon, as it reduces your humanity and retaining humanity is a struggle for even the least bloodthirsty aristocrats

Just pick one of the dumb paths that let you do it all you want but be completely unable to relate to ordinary people.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Shikantaza posted:

Cheers Mum, Happy Christmas all

i have utility for every listed feature of that product.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Zeroisanumber posted:

Just pick one of the dumb paths that let you do it all you want but be completely unable to relate to ordinary people.

ah yes, clan toryador

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Jazerus posted:

ah yes, clan toryador

:eyepop:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

hakimashou posted:

I'm kind of miffed that the internet rat/meme people are appropriating and ruining Jacob Rees-Mogg. I was introduced to him through the british Ali G show when he interviewed him and I just though wow, this guy is amazing. He also had some great speech in parliament about how the monarch is the golden thread that holds the UK together, "not a cotton thread or a woolen thread, but a golden thread."

Congratulations on having a frame of reference so narrow that "golden thread" is an amazing bit of oratory and not a really tired cliche used by people to demonstrate they read Classics at Oxbridge and have literally no actual skills or creativity, I suppose. It doesn't even actually work as a metaphor because the golden thread didn't bind, it showed the way.

You're probably going to plotz the first time some twat talks about Greeks bearing gifts when discussing the eurozone.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
https://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage/status/945348579195015168

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
i’m the computer monitor on the microwave

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Jazerus posted:

ah yes, clan toryador

Lol nice.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
To be fair, some are merely Shadow Lords.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I'm the curtain being held in place by the leaning cookbooks

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Jazerus posted:

ah yes, clan toryador

:eyepop:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Jazerus posted:

ah yes, clan toryador

why the rose symbol tho

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010
I got my dad the book on the russian revolution by china melville; my dad's a terrible liberal but he read the first chapter and really liked it because it's really well written and he loves history (technically it's just me giving him the book since I'm finished with it but I wrote a 'merry christmas dad' note on the title page so it still counts)

I also learned during our extended family Christmas dinner that my great uncle's half brother's grandfather was apparently saved by hitler in the first world war after receiving a gunnery injury (I think) and being left for dead, and volunteered to fight for the white army in the russian revolution, which is pretty bad

also met that guy's wife's ex-husband who is literally a wheelchair-bound nazi who talked about putting Corbyn supporters up against the wall and who I'm pretty sure I overheard loudly praising Himmler? His ex wife and my mum pulled me aside before dinner and warned me not to talk to him because they said 'he's basically a nazi and might become apoplectic if you reply to anything he says about politics' which was mostly the occasional incoherent rant about communists or catholics; he was only around for a few hours though, and the rest of my extended family is very pleasant (everyone else also disliked the elderly nazi but he was tolerated because family, which is pretty terrible, but I'm probably never going to see him again so I guess it doesn't matter) so I had a pretty nice christmas overall :)

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Clegg is apparently getting a knighthood, which is utterly hilarious. The only justification I can see for this is how much it'll piss Farage off.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

A Spherical Sponge posted:

I got my dad the book on the russian revolution by china melville; my dad's a terrible liberal but he read the first chapter and really liked it because it's really well written and he loves history (technically it's just me giving him the book since I'm finished with it but I wrote a 'merry christmas dad' note on the title page so it still counts)

I also learned during our extended family Christmas dinner that my great uncle's half brother's grandfather was apparently saved by hitler in the first world war after receiving a gunnery injury (I think) and being left for dead, and volunteered to fight for the white army in the russian revolution, which is pretty bad

also met that guy's wife's ex-husband who is literally a wheelchair-bound nazi who talked about putting Corbyn supporters up against the wall and who I'm pretty sure I overheard loudly praising Himmler? His ex wife and my mum pulled me aside before dinner and warned me not to talk to him because they said 'he's basically a nazi and might become apoplectic if you reply to anything he says about politics' which was mostly the occasional incoherent rant about communists or catholics; he was only around for a few hours though, and the rest of my extended family is very pleasant (everyone else also disliked the elderly nazi but he was tolerated because family, which is pretty terrible, but I'm probably never going to see him again so I guess it doesn't matter) so I had a pretty nice christmas overall :)

your christmas-hitler quotient was higher than most people's, i see

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Why do people invite the ex husband nazi to christmas

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

A Spherical Sponge posted:

I got this for christmas so I'm glad to hear it's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Spherical Sponge
Nov 28, 2010

Jazerus posted:

your christmas-hitler quotient was higher than most people's, i see

Yep

There were more family nazis in the preceding days; I met one second cousin a few times removed or however that works a few days ago at a family lunch, I learned later he was the literal failed product of a late term abortion which made him kind of stupid (which is sad in itself) but still able to function in all areas of life and hold a conversation, and who spent the entire lunch going on about 'black scum' and immigrants and boasted about openly mocking and harassing homeless people (which sort of precluded any chance of me feeling sympathy for him(or anything good really)).

I was kind of shocked that someone would openly say that because I'd never heard that sort of blatant hatred stated explicitly out loud. The pregnant, married woman I was sitting next to, who he was hitting on (which was also super gross but he didn't touch her at least, and we developed a safe word where we could extricate ourselves from the situation), was also shocked, but we went along with it because etiquette and he seemed like he had a fragile ego which we didn't want to poke too much.

I wonder how much appeasement of terrible social and political opinions is just due to the fact that the people who hold them have such fragile egos that any sort of conversation that isn't just straightforward agreement agitates them to the point of outbursts, which normal people don't want to instigate in the middle of family dinners and otherwise pleasant social functions?

Anyway I think my family might just have a relatively high nazi quotient in general but the nazis are quite peripheral I think, it's easy to manoeuvre around them, noone pays much attention to them because they're all pretty worthless people also :)