Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Lann OSB
WoL OSB
Bartz USB

that might as well have been 1/11 for how often i'll get to use those first two but drat, i'm not gonna complain about making bartz even better(even if now i'll probably have to aim for getting a better bsb than his first one)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Griz
May 21, 2001

Lion USB
Ceodore USB
Y'shtola USB (ugh)

iamsosmrt
Jun 14, 2008

Cecil USB, Cloud OSB. Meh.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Hope OSB, Alphy USB (dupe), Ashe USB.

Could do worse for 25 mithril.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I woke up from a nightmare I had a bad pull

I'm still waiting to wake up again

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

No dupes! :woop:

Faris USB 1 - Now I have a complete Faris!
Aerith USB
Edea USB
Tifa OSB

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Ybrik posted:

I swear I'm the only one here who really likes Lulu with her USB and bsb.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Ybrik posted:

Lulu's USB is possibly one of the better sources of ice DPS in the game, between the enice, the stacking MAG/RES buff, and the Instant 2. It's pretty solidly powerful.

(Unless that's a dupe, in which case :rip:)

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

Shadow USB is the only dupe.

I'm pretty pleased with it, although I'm not sold I'd ever use curilla or marach. I have two other Ingus relics (protectga/hastega shield and ssb sword) but not sure they matter. A chain is neat but he seems like he'd be a leaden weight in all other respects.

My only other good earth stuff is rude BSB, tifa USB, and maybe Celes double-casting quake strike. How can I leverage that into a good Hydra team? My current team is a 55s team with Celes, noctis, and damage reflect doing most of the damage; it's very slow.

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

I just want to know who decided to make Lulu's USB ice boost synergy locked when literally only her an Tyro can equip it. But it's fine it's only a lucky draw.

Boogaloo Shrimp
Aug 2, 2004

Pander posted:

I swear I'm the only one here who really likes Lulu with her USB and bsb.

Nope, I also use Lulu. Managed to get everything for her through a combination of lucky draws and being the “also ran” on Rikku USB debut banner. She’s the best magic-based ice DPS in the game with USB + doublecast LM. Bonus if you can toss on BSB as a finisher because it’s more hits than the USB. Combo her with Rinoa CSB for disgusting ice magic DPS.

Speaking of ice magic, my 6* banner was:
Serah USB
PCecil OSB

I was planning on pulling on banner 4 anyway for Rinoa and Kain, so that clinches it.

Serah + Lulu + Rinoa

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Yshtola usb
Ovelia usb
Reno usb
Terra osb (dupe becomes 8*)

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
1/11, Beatrix OSB.

I have a complete-except-for-one-SSB Agrias already.

Merry Christmas, me.

Langolas
Feb 12, 2011

My mustache makes me sexy, not the hat

Firion USB and Vaan OSB

Ill take those non-dupes gladly for 25

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my lucky was insanely lucky imo

Zack chain, Marche USB, Rapha USB (this seems more like just a good stat stick i guess but w/e the other two are awesome)

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I only pulled 2 disco balls but one was Vivi USB so yeah, I'm happy.

Sephiroth USB still looks bad to me but I'm sure it is fine because Jump Starts and Shelke entrusting are both things that exist.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Do do want to pull any of the 3 rare relic draws or anything like that on the other banners or just work on saving up 50 for an 11 pull?

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Washout posted:

Do do want to pull any of the 3 rare relic draws or anything like that on the other banners or just work on saving up 50 for an 11 pull?

Uhhh not quite sure what you're saying here champ, but throw 25 mythril at the 6 star lucky banner that's available for today only and then save up for an 11-pull on whatever banner catches your fancy.

Avoid the newcomers banners for VII, X, and XIII. They are garbage, even at half cost.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Lulu with USB replaced Edea with BSB on my Fenrir team. It's Good.

EDIT: and that was before the ability rework.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.
Last pull!

How'd I do? I now gotta figure out how to focus on....

Action George
Apr 13, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Last pull!

Eiko's USB is pretty good and she has a versatile skill set so she's can do other stuff than just heal if you run into a fight where one healer doesn't quite cut it. She's made of tissue paper though and her full legend dive doesn't seem as good as other healers. I think Locke's OSB is generally thought of as pretty decent because it has a short cast time while Papalymo's isn't as good because it has a charge with number of abilities cast mechanic.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

Last pull!

you have a pretty sick holy team so far. Ramza and Celes BSBs are fantastic, and if you're going that deep into holy Agrias BSB is respectable as well. I'd stick with Y'shtola as your healer for now, but Eiko USB is good to have once you have more hones available.

Of course, if you're new, most content can be chumped with OSBs. You can level up Locke for his or you can just RW OSBs and put your favorite character in the 5th slot. Either way, his holy boosting dagger is good to have.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

The Moon Monster posted:

I got 4 USBs:
Cloud
Rosa (dupe)
Vivi
Hope

Pretty drat good!

Ugh I would kill for that pull.

Well, I don't care about Hope, but that's like 3 of my top 5 most wanted relics right now. Congrats!

Ybrik
Jan 1, 2008

Oh snap. Japan just got a hastega 5* ability for white mages.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Amidst the holiday merriment (and heartbreak) of 6* lucky pulls, there's some very nice presents in JP.

First up: the SB points update -
It's up by +5 for 4✭ and 5✭ abilities, and +10 for 6✭ abilities. (Not counting Lifesiphon or Wrath or burst commands)
That puts the baseline gain at 75 points for 4✭, 85 points for 5✭, and a whopping 100 points for 6✭!

HOWEVER:
The fastcast penalty (Celerity, Thief, and Ninja schools) has been upped by an additional -5 modifier, so effectively they only get an extra +5 SB gain in their 6✭ abilities.

(Sky High makes out like a relative bandit since it still has full SB generation on an elemental ability - 150 SB generation against a weakness, before Ace Striker/Battleforged.)

The Gil daily Power-Up Dungeon has its yields increased, as well.

quote:

Normal - 30,000 -> 60,000
EX/+ - 100,000 -> 200,000

Gil Daily Drop Amount

Normal - 100,080 gil per stage, without any pots spawn
EX - 264,240 gil per stage, without any pots spawn
(A precursor to 6✭ reforging, perhaps?)

There will be fights against the VII Weapons for Job motes (Samurai, Ninja, Dragoon, Machinist, and Spellblade)

And finally, as part of the New Year's Party festivities (which include usual perks like mythril and all), there are three new abilities!

5✭ White Magic - Hastega
Party Haste

5✭ Bard - War God's Cheer
Increase all allies Critical Rate up to 50% with each use (10/20/30/40/50)

5✭ Spellblade - Tempestuous Quadstrike
4xST Wind physical dmg

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

Ybrik posted:

I just want to know who decided to make Lulu's USB ice boost synergy locked when literally only her an Tyro can equip it. But it's fine it's only a lucky draw.

There are a *lot* of 6-star relics with synergy-only boosts and it's super annoying. I guess there would never be a reason to use anything else if you got the crazy high stats and an elemental boost, but still. Especially when it's for an element that I really need more boost gear for.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Bartz and Teedus OSBs, meh.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Hogama posted:

5✭ White Magic - Hastega
Party Haste

*squints* no, it isn't possible. I don't see anything.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

I was very happy to get this Christmas morning, as I already have Tidus' Chain!

I immediately dove Tidus and took Sapphire Shot to R3!

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Oryp posted:

I was very happy to get this Christmas morning, as I already have Tidus' Chain!

I immediately dove Tidus and took Sapphire Shot to R3!

One Sapphire Shot at R3 and a second at R2 is my gear for him when fighting Liquid Flame. With an entruster, you'd probably get sub-30 with just one other good DPS friend (Bartz, Edge, etc).

Sapphire Shot is nuts with Tidus's USB ball.

Oryp
Jun 5, 2004

KataraniSword posted:

One Sapphire Shot at R3 and a second at R2 is my gear for him when fighting Liquid Flame. With an entruster, you'd probably get sub-30 with just one other good DPS friend (Bartz, Edge, etc).

Sapphire Shot is nuts with Tidus's USB ball.

Awwyiss, I'm looking forward to being able to slap Tidus' OSB +water sword on Bartz. Those two will be my Water Wrecking Crew.

Speaking of wrecking, I hadn't posted this here, but after getting Balthier decked out I decided to make an all fire, all assault team. Then I took it to the 220 difficulty, fire resistant boss:

Vivi and Bartz are dove, out of the above, and the only two who got to use any soul breaks were the mages, as I started them each with gauge.

I'm thinking about diving Balthier for massive fire imperil ability, but I haven't made a final decision yet.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Delita USB and Faris USB1. These seem to be not very good for USBs.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Fister Roboto posted:

Delita USB and Faris USB1. These seem to be not very good for USBs.

What don't you like about Delita's? It feels like a great piece of kit for the Magicite Age

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
delitas is a 4 element self instant cast 2 and it seems like it could help him poo poo out a ton of dmg fairly quick, especially with the crit up??? also Faris's is a tri-break that seems like it'd stack with a decent amount of other breaks

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh my god loving finally a goddamn Hastega Spell

Took them what? 3 loving years?

Zonko_T.M.
Jul 1, 2007

I'm not here to fuck spiders!

Charles Bukowski posted:

1/11. Vivi usb. My other fire magic things are Terra osb and Krile bsb. Not sure that's enough for a magic fire team? My phys fire is better.

Like The Awesome Ghost said, Vivi is your fire team. Legend dive him, figure out a reliable way to put him in Trance, hone Meltdown and watch everything burn. Throw some other black magic on him and he'll hit everything except holy and dark weaknesses, and even without the enFire boost he'll still do a hell of a lot of damage.

I only have Vivi legend dived and a Terra OSB and I can reliably sub 30 Sealion. I would kill to have his USB too!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

What don't you like about Delita's? It feels like a great piece of kit for the Magicite Age

I guess it's OK.

Faris's is just an SSB with a little more damage.

Parasol Waddle Dee
Oct 30, 2012

Waddle waddle.
Rosa USB and Warrior of Light CSB here. I think I can safely skip all of this fest after all with a new chain, and I also coveted Rosa's USB since release. I'm good.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

With Balthier's fire OSB I got greedy and pulled on that FF12 banner to try and get more toys for him. Got junk, and now I only get to pull on one of the upcoming fest banners. RIP me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Fister Roboto posted:

I guess it's OK.

Faris's is just an SSB with a little more damage.

Faris USB1 had two problems. One is that they weren't quite sure on how to handle convergent damage, and the other is that autostun was a lot more useful right before it was released and subsequently made worthless right after it was released. Being able to shut down a boss like that was a Big Deal at the start of the Ultimate/U+ era, but now it's just "oh, another status effect that will never work."

Nowdays, yeah. It's a SSB but slightly better. A good SSB, mind you, but not really what you'd want out of an Ultra.

• Locked thread