Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

I feel bad having read this thread so often lately without saying lol.

lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
People are proud to be saying LOL again. I am proud to have led the charge against the assault of our cherished and beautiful phrase. LOL!!!!!

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
I hope everyone is having a great Christmas, then tomorrow it’s back to work in order to Make America Great Again (which is happening faster than anyone anticipated)!

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

everyone's favorite president (me)

my new dog
May 7, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

sebmojo posted:

high end, allegedly politically neutral, civil servants. it's a reference to the civil service in Manchu China, I think?

Yeah, it got adopted into regular British usage to describe senior government officials, with connotations of experience, power, influence, and possibly secrecy and duplicity. Sir Humphrey Appleby would be the prototypical example, but it's a stock term in british journalism now.

Most senior Civil Servants in the UK serve their whole careers in "the service", through multiple different governments, and are expected to be equally loyal and impartial to all of them. I always got the impression from US politics that every time the administration changes half your government officials get shot and dumped in the street as the new lot are carted in, which sounds like a loving mess of a way to keep any continuity or experience working in government.

communism bitch fucked around with this message at 11:08 on Dec 26, 2017

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin
"merry christmas"!!!

Actuary X
Jul 20, 2007

Not really the best actuary in the world.

Catastrophe posted:

Quick thought. Could we unify and come up with a daily message we all post on Dotard's twitter en masse? Like every day we come up with something obnoxious to bomb him with and we all go tell him he's a silly retard man all at once? Could be fun. Just sayin.

Pretty much any time he says or does anything. I have the same reaction, which is "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat"

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Actuary X posted:

Pretty much any time he says or does anything. I have the same reaction, which is "Christ, what an rear end in a top hat"

Imagine it would be "This is the guy that i voted for, I think he's doing a good job. I know he is a good person."

How are his approval ratings btw?

Flarpy
Aug 13, 2016
Merry chrishmash united shates.

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Power Khan posted:

Imagine it would be "This is the guy that i voted for, I think he's doing a good job. I know he is a good person."

How are his approval ratings btw?

Depends on who you ask. Really though they're terrible he is an embarrassingly bad president

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Get a load of Anime Trump

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
No president has accomplished more. He is truly the greatest of all time. My amrica is great an gain.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

37.5 approval rating! Things are looking up up up!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Where are all the extinction event asteroids when you really need them?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
We don't get off so easy. Gotta enjoy the fruits of unfettered capitalism some more.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It was pretty tremendous to finally get to say "Merry Christmas!" again this year. I remember last year I tried but Obama's PC thugs came and beat me up, then built a Pagan temple in my house. We're still trying to get the smell of sacrificed goat out.

But this year? We finally could say those beautiful words. Merry Christmas. Wow, what a great phrase. I said it and my bank account grew 3 sizes that day (TAXES!).

In a slightly terrifying lol - I attended Christmas Eve services with my fiancé's family. It was great until the end, at which point a guest speaker said that he believed Trump recognizing Jerusalem was a great thing because it was going to bring about the 2nd coming of Jesus. Merry Christmas!!!

Kumo
Jul 31, 2004

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/945624910898122752

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
Im not sure who is aware of this but Donald Trump, noted tryhard loser and mental midget, has been elected president of these nominally united oligarchic states.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/945646491955290113

Crooked Hillary pile of garbage

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/SimonMaloy/status/945648335591034880

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

So, I guess someone woke up this morning with a certain tape on on the pillow next to him.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Dolam knows the walls as closing in, if not on him, everyone close to him, he has to, right?

A: Nope and nothing matters.

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the piss tape is unbelievably real. god i cant wait

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Yes, keep crapping on your own intelligence agencies. There is absolutely no possibility that this strategy backfires.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/JenniferJJacobs/status/945657201418539008

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its really exciting that even though the piss tape has become a fun meme, all signs point to it being real, and we may one day get to see it, and then get to experience trump's reaction to everyone seeing it, lol.

lol

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

FAKE NEWS he already said he was going back to work today (WORKING HARD!!!). Are you trying to say that Donald Trump is perhaps a liar, or an incredibly lazy man? Because that doesn't seem right to me.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
The numbers vary by website, but apparently trump has golfed about 81-85 times so far, in less than a year. Its not news he's a hypocritical bitch, but drat

paul_soccer10
Mar 28, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Unfinish3d posted:

The numbers vary by website, but apparently trump has golfed about 81-85 times so far, in less than a year. Its not news he's a hypocritical bitch, but drat

he's a lazy obese bald ugly dumbass, which is part of the reason he golfs at his own properties so much, but the other reason is so he can funnel taxpayer dollars into his own pocket by charging the secret service to accompany him

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i like trump because he's proof we should just abolish the office of the president.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Groovelord Neato posted:

i like trump because he's proof we should just abolish the office of the president.

I think you already have.

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/945665600684249089

25% of the time.

1/4 of the time.

One quarter of the time.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Groovelord Neato posted:

I've been rewatching the X-files and, in that far-off time of the mid to late 90s, the Presidency and the US government in general seemed mysterious, weird, but also ultimately good. Aliens were out there and made a secret pact to kill us all, but there were good people working behind the scenes to stop it.

Now? Trump would sell us out to the aliens in a heartbeat, then tweet about it. Sad, low-energy humans will be AMAZING food for alien colonists. Fake news claiming bad, but aliens = good! You will be getting a huge TAX CUT from this, Repubs roaring into place!

girth brooks part 2
Sep 6, 2011

Bush did 911
Fun Shoe

Unfinish3d posted:

If he makes it the full term he's on track to spend close to a half billion dollars of tax payer money on golf trips. Let that rattle around in the old noodle for a second.

girth brooks part 2 fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 26, 2017

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
https://twitter.com/MsShade/status/945443491395534848

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Meanwhile in Brit-land Prince Harry, who is set to get married in 2018, is best buds with the Obamas and has invited them to the Royal Wedding. So in May Obama is going to get a royal welcome with all the pomp and ceremony, while Trump's repeatedly delayed visit has been put on hold and most likely downgraded to a short unofficial visit.

Relations between the UK and the US are already strained after the Prime Minister openly condemned Trump's endorsement of British neo-Nazi hate groups. I can't wait to see him lose his poo poo if Obama gets a royal welcome before Trump even gets to set foot in the country.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Seeing Trump the wannabe king attack the monarchy viciously because he's jealous will be a bounty of lols

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marxalot
Dec 24, 2008

Appropriator of
Dan Crenshaw's Eyepatch

The tweet she's responding to is full of poo poo. That would imply we only spend 91.3b/yr on war lmbo