Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I accidentally bought Operation Icestorm for £45, and I want to put a Pan-o list together, but IDKWTF Pan-o, so help me someone who knows. (I also have the Dire Foes Pan-o dudes because of other factions I play.)

What do I need to make a functional list outta this stuff?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Xaerael posted:

I accidentally bought Operation Icestorm for £45, and I want to put a Pan-o list together, but IDKWTF Pan-o, so help me someone who knows. (I also have the Dire Foes Pan-o dudes because of other factions I play.)

What do I need to make a functional list outta this stuff?

Are you going for a sectorial?

Pano is good at the shoots, but it can be really hard to control the early reactive game. Locusts, croc men, and nagas rule for this. Also bulleteers are a pain to shift, and peacemakers are a great speed bump. A nisse sniper can also be an absolute headache.

The father knight hacker is a champ, too. And Konstantinos can be great if you've got him.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Swiss, Crocs, Bulleteers is the usual go to as well as your usual support picks. GdA worth a shout as hes the only Lof blocker in the army.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
Say, did anyone who ordered from CMON's black Friday sale get their stuff? Kinda getting antsy, what with it being nearly a month later.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

OK, ty both for the advice. Here's my first draft at not-Haqq or CA...

PanOceania
──────────────────────────────────────────────────

GROUP 1 10
FUSILIER Lieutenant Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
FUSILIER Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 10)
FUSILIER (Forward Observer, Deployable Repeater) Combi Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 12)
NISSE MULTI Sniper Rifle / Pistol, Knife. (1.5 | 34)
GUARDA DE ASSALTO MULTI Rifle + Heavy Flamethrower, D-Charges + AUXBOT_2 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 49)
AUXBOT_2 Light Shotgun + Eclipse Light Grenade Launcher / Electric Pulse. (- | 6)
AUXILIA Combi Rifle + AUXBOT_1 / Pistol, Knife. (0 | 14)
AUXBOT_1 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)
BULLETEER Spitfire / Electric Pulse. (1 | 23)
CROC MAN Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Combi Rifle, Antipersonnel Mines / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 36)
BIPANDRA Combi Rifle + Light Shotgun / Pistol, Knife. (0.5 | 24)
PALBOT Electric Pulse. (0 | 3)
LOCUST Hacker (Assault Hacking Device) Breaker Combi Rifle, D-Charges / Pistol, Shock CCW, Knife. (0.5 | 38)

GROUP 2 2 1
BULLETEER Heavy Shotgun / Electric Pulse. (0 | 17)
WARCOR (Aerocam) Flash Pulse / Stun Pistol, Knife. (0 | 3)
PEACEMAKER Spitfire + AUXBOT_3 / Electric Pulse. (1 | 27)
AUXBOT_3 Heavy Flamethrower / Electric Pulse. (- | 4)

5 SWC | 300 Points

Open in Infinity Army

Second Palbot would prob be better than Warcor in a vacuum, but My Warcor was the little hero that could (ARO crit an ODD guy and shut him down, thus winning the match), therefore I'll never leave him on the bench.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Bin Bipandra, get a Trama Doc (the deadliest motherfucker in the HS), then get a baggage bot in there. Bips only value is for NCA imo.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

grassy gnoll posted:

Say, did anyone who ordered from CMON's black Friday sale get their stuff? Kinda getting antsy, what with it being nearly a month later.

I got mine at least two weeks ago. I live in Illinois.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I got one of my orders, but haven't seen the other order - not even a shipping notification - yet.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009
i got my cmon order a couple weeks back as well, but i placed it a couple hours after the sale went live. i imagine the sheer volume of orders has slowed their fulfilment process down a lot

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
Same, I got my order about a week after placing it.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

How does Joan fair as an Lt? I get she's super obvious if you use her right, but for her points she seems pretty drat strong, and a good way to get some cheap orders in return.

Signal
Dec 10, 2005

Xaerael posted:

How does Joan fair as an Lt? I get she's super obvious if you use her right, but for her points she seems pretty drat strong, and a good way to get some cheap orders in return.

She's a beast. For Military Orders, she can be a great choice. Personally I think a full link of HI with her is too many points in one place, but ymmv.

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Xaerael posted:

Absolutely worth it. Commonly seen as a super-link leader, involving Joan, 4 Knights hospitaller, usually including the doctor option and potentially de fersen and/or an hmg. Joan is so tough in ftf with bs15 (18 in full link) and b5 in Active turn she can basically beast through anything. Even on the back foot she will take a full pool of orders to drop unless you are very unlucky or caught out - effective 3 wounds at high ARM. Additionally, her free coordinated order is great and you can get 2 very cheap regular orders due to her inspiring presence rule.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Yeah, Joan is super good mate. She's super obvious like you say, but she's still a monster on the end of it and a nightmare to deal with.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.

Xaerael posted:

Joan is fantastic as an LT, because I play Haqqislam. You pay that many points for her and she's a natural rambo piece, which means that once I ghazi her into complete isolation, she's basically worthless! More PanO players should use Joan!

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
So, have some money to spend on Infinity, and debating what to get. I'm currently playing Yu Jing. Planning on playing Invincible Army when it comes out, so probably going to buy stuff towards that, but not really sure what to get, based on what limited knowledge we have of what will be in the sectorial. Any suggestions?

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Khisanth Magus posted:

So, have some money to spend on Infinity, and debating what to get. I'm currently playing Yu Jing. Planning on playing Invincible Army when it comes out, so probably going to buy stuff towards that, but not really sure what to get, based on what limited knowledge we have of what will be in the sectorial. Any suggestions?

Yan Huo 2 Missile Launchers is a great ARO piece, Yan Huo HRMC is an effective Active Turn 5 dice murder machine, great units that you can already use in vanilla

Zhuyongs and Shang-Ji would probably build core/haris fireteams in the Invincible Army, but the former will get a SWC box and the latter are in dire need of a resculpt and maybe a profile rework.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
I like the spiky Shang Ji even if they're a bit samey against Wu Ming

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Ilor posted:

Joan is fantastic as an LT, because I play Haqqislam. You pay that many points for her and she's a natural rambo piece, which means that once I ghazi her into complete isolation, she's basically worthless! More PanO players should use Joan!

Being the only person in my local meta that plays Haq, I think I'm pretty immune. Even the one guy who turned up to a tourney with Haq had NO IDEA why Ghazi were good, and I had to literally demo a battlefield scenario for him to get it.

Even the guy who's considering building a Hassassin list thinks Ghazi aren't worth it "because they're v.impetuous and just get killed".

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Now I have a ton of contrasting work to do. Then I need to pick out my white greys. I'm thinking rear spike thing, collar raised bits, top of his head and the vambraces. Hoping that's enough to off-set the overwhelming amount of dark stuff on this guy. I was gonna do the power cores but I'm really not confident on it, there's a ton of them hidden away. I might just glaze the orb red at the end. Thoughts?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I'm leaning towards a ML Han Yuo(already have HMRC), Guija + pilot, and tiger soldiers box for the moment. Probably also get the hac tao 2 pack, which may or may not work for IA, word is kind of mixed on that, but they are cool models.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

Now I have a ton of contrasting work to do. Then I need to pick out my white greys. I'm thinking rear spike thing, collar raised bits, top of his head and the vambraces. Hoping that's enough to off-set the overwhelming amount of dark stuff on this guy. I was gonna do the power cores but I'm really not confident on it, there's a ton of them hidden away. I might just glaze the orb red at the end. Thoughts?

Looking good, nice. You're right, the collar bits are definitely key on this guy. Maybe some thin stuff on the leg too?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Any suggestions there bud? you can't see it on the pic but the little vent bit is in orange too. Wondering on doing his bow tie in white grey, but it really pops as a bow tie then. :holymoley:

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark

Flipswitch posted:

Any suggestions there bud? you can't see it on the pic but the little vent bit is in orange too. Wondering on doing his bow tie in white grey, but it really pops as a bow tie then. :holymoley:

The vent on the front of the leg? Was just thinking some sharp highlights along there would make the inorganic part break from the cloaks, but it doesn't really need it.

Bow tie, though.. Nope.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Followup to the CMON Infinity stuff: I just got a weird little refund ($2.60) on a $30 order that has yet to ship. Anyone else get a refund?

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Got to play Aristeia for the first time yesterday. It was fun, but I think the guided first round option doesn't work too well. After the first activation (Maximus and 8-Ball), we rapidly abandoned it. It also wasn't made very clear that Hexxer's targeting of opponents wouldn't provoke defense rolls, so we played for a while with that. I think the game will really take off once the expansions start hitting and you have more options to draft than players for a team.

There are some iffy parts, though. I don't like how there's no 1-2 non-move AP sinks (unless we missed something). Bashing with Maximus and then having nothing to do with his remaining 2 AP because I don't want to move is kinda rear end. I was thinking it might be nice to have a 1 AP generic action to add a black die to your next action. Sort of like Malifaux's focus action. Major Lunah's range is also pretty hard to exercise, I feel like she would haave been better served with her ignoring intervening models card instead being a passive in place of her black die -> orange die passive.

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

The Oath Breaker's about to hit warphead nine Kaptain!
I actually really enjoy the aspect of having very few 1 AP actions, it certainly forces hard choices.

The Collector's Edition is absolutely worth the money if anyone is interested in the game. I've got to get my first copy of the game from a friend and take some photos but the plastic models need to be either recast in a harder plastic or they need to step up their QA. The pewter models are definitely worth it.

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

BlackIronHeart posted:

I actually really enjoy the aspect of having very few 1 AP actions, it certainly forces hard choices.

The Collector's Edition is absolutely worth the money if anyone is interested in the game. I've got to get my first copy of the game from a friend and take some photos but the plastic models need to be either recast in a harder plastic or they need to step up their QA. The pewter models are definitely worth it.

If only to have 2 full complete sets of models for you and a friend to build your dream teams

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Well, when it comes up with people like Maximus, it's not really a "hard choice". It's "well, I don't want to move, so I'll just bash once and let these two AP drop off into the void." Giving people resources and then not giving them any way to use them is a worse design than giving them competing uses for those resources. Sure, Maximus might maximize (oh ho hoooo) a generic 1 AP action, but for example with Major Lunah it competes with popping off a 3 AP and 2 AP shot, or 2 AP moving and 3 AP shooting. Or for Hexxer, her displace 1 AP action.

If they added a offensive (1) (like adding a black die to your next green or red action) and a defensive (1) (add a black die to your next defense roll), it would even allow for resource competition for character like Parvoti (sp?) who have 2 AP attacks and a situational 1 AP ability. Do you spend that spare AP buffing your attack or your defense? It gets even more pressing when you want to heal. Do you shoot twice and heal, or shoot twice using that one AP to buff? Do you shoot once and double buff the shot before healing?

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 07:58 on Dec 30, 2017

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Been sat here glazing this loving Pneumarch cloak and trying to get the blend? gently caress you angel, makes it look god drat easy.

dexefiend
Apr 25, 2003

THE GOGGLES DO NOTHING!

Flipswitch posted:

Been sat here glazing this loving Pneumarch cloak and trying to get the blend? gently caress you angel, makes it look god drat easy.

Paint 8 hours a day for 10 years.

In other words, git gud.

not talking trash. that's what it takes.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Flipswitch posted:

gently caress you angel, makes it look god drat easy.

I know, right? Just look at this beauty:

he got better

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010
In unrelated news, next week's mini-tournament rules changed. The good thing is that I no longer have to paint 3 mercs I can't decide on. The bad news is that I have to paint an Iguana instead :suicide:

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

dexefiend posted:

Paint 8 hours a day for 10 years.

In other words, git gud.

not talking trash. that's what it takes.
aye for sure, i paint maybe 8 hours a month lol

Autodrop Monteur
Nov 14, 2011

't zou verboden moeten worden!

First mini of the year done, other than some basing!
Way to many left to paint though. Doubt I'll even manage to finish my backlog this year with my glacial painting.

Ilor
Feb 2, 2008

That's a crit.
Nice. Man, I love the new Naffatun sculpts. They are SO cool.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Naffas are well good and that is also nice!

I made this for my club locals very quickly, some of ya might find it useful:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Super useful. Though I still just rely on the captain spud hacking helper these days.

Pidgin Englishman
Apr 30, 2007

If you shoot
you better hit your mark
Yeah, that's great. I think I'll print a copy and suck it in the lid of my case so I stop forgetting meta chem and booty rolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Forgot Berserk/NBW, it's a bit messy but does the job.

• Locked thread