Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Just jumped on a Jagdtiger using my own JT88 for no good reason other than to shout "HHHGGGGGHHHRRRR!!!" down the microphone while doing so. I'll GIF the moment itself when I stop being a lazy poo poo (it's nothing to look forward to, just a surreal WoT-only moment of one 70-tonne beast falling onto another).

You're supposed to yell, "ALLAHU ACKBAR!!!" when goomba stomping or ramming tanks. :colbert:

BIG HEADLINE posted:

So I'm guessing "Modern" = American and "Traditional" = European?

I'm not planning on buying any, I'm just curious.

Yeah, and there's a guide here.

It's actually pretty easy to get to Festive Level 10 just by playing normally; I think I played a couple dozen battles a day for 2-4 days or whatever it's been, and in probably <100 battles I've got just about enough to earn all the rewards. You get a few level 5 ornaments from the loot boxes (that you receive from doing missions in battles) but after breaking down stuff you don't need you have plenty of materials to craft what you do need. It's amassing a whole set that takes effort. Oh and also, loving Wargaming still figured out how to screw up their Holiday Ops thing, or at least un-optimize it: the crate opening needs to be faster/automated (the animation takes WAY too loving long) and crushing things into shards also needs a more efficient method (because clickclickclickclicking on EVERY single piece is a pain in the rear end.)

serious gaylord posted:

The mauerbrecher can get penned in the gun mantlett by almost all same tier vehiclesit faces if they use the 2 key. Against tier 9 and tens its literally pointless.

At least its not the defender again.

Tahirovic posted:

I really don't get how they do this, they manage to have super retard mode tanks like a Defender but then release something that would be bad at tier7.

Hellsau posted:

What a bizarre premium. It's straight up just the VK 100.01, except slower and its weakspots are actually weakspots unlike on the VK 100.01

https://tanks.gg/compare/vk-10001-p?t=mauerbrecher
https://tanks.gg/tank/mauerbrecher/model
https://tanks.gg/tank/vk-10001-p/model

I guess Wargaming is just lazy as gently caress? How does it have less armor and weigh 48 tons more...

"But comrades, you complained about OP premium tanks like the Defender so we added the Mauerbrecher and yet you still complain?!?"

Also I think it weighs an extra 48t because that's how much the credit printing machine weighs. :shrug:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

It's a Mauerbrecher
It brechs Mauers

DUH.

It's pronounced "grill-ah." :eng101:

Duzzy Funlop posted:

The turret cheeks are also hilarious. The non-premium VK at least has some spaced armor or something there, the Mauerbrecher just has a bunch of big ol' cheeks that look difficult to pen because they're rounded, but they're comically easy to pen.

The commander's hatch is also a joke. But what may be the funniest weak spot on it is the machinegun port in the front. You can hit it FROM ANY loving ANGLE.

The most ridiculous thing about it is that machine gun weak spot because as previously discussed, they specifically made a point to remove all of those similar weak spots (from other German tanks.) :rolleyes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Yeah looking at the model that's alot of very obvious weakspots and anything same tier just has to push 2 and the whole turret face is then a weakspot. Also a top speed of 20? ouch. These things are going to be damage pinatas.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Atomizer posted:

You're supposed to yell, "ALLAHU ACKBAR!!!" when goomba stomping or ramming tanks. :colbert:
On viewing the replay it's not even worth making a GIF because there are too many loving trees in the way to see what's going on! :smith:

R. Mute
Jul 27, 2011

I just got flanked because an AMX M4 45 just drove off while he was covering me and a bunch of other tanks... because his platoonmate semi-flipped himself on the other side of the map.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Axetrain posted:

Yeah looking at the model that's alot of very obvious weakspots and anything same tier just has to push 2 and the whole turret face is then a weakspot. Also a top speed of 20? ouch. These things are going to be damage pinatas.

When it first appeared on the super test it had an op derp gun and didn't appear to have those weak spots. Its like it took a significant nerf somewhere in the last 3 months.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

R. Mute posted:

I just got flanked because an AMX M4 45 just drove off while he was covering me and a bunch of other tanks... because his platoonmate semi-flipped himself on the other side of the map.

You made the mistake of thinking that this game is 15vs15, when in reality it is 29 vs 1.

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Cardiac posted:

You made the mistake of thinking that this game is 15vs15, when in reality it is 29 vs 1.

That sums up my experience on console.

Anyone playing on PS4, Europe server, I’m taketheplunge_ok

subhelios
May 26, 2013

Unfortunately, there is no such game as 'World of Submarines.'

Cardiac posted:

You can earn yourself a little break by saying this in the general chat.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
It feels like they brought the the old tank design team from ~3+ years ago back to make the Mauerbrecher. A big slow shitbox that's "armoured" in a way which is loving useless when they have been removing weakspots from everything recently and even finally buffed the speed on the T28/95 is such a strange throwback.

It's just a worse VK1001, why would anyone buy it? I suppose if someone has no T8 prems yet and really likes German superheavies it might be worth having, but that's got to be a limited market. I mean it's nice it doesn't continue the OP oneupmanship of recent premiums, but it's too far in the other direction.

It might have been interesting if they gave it more HP to make up for the armour (1.9-2k?), although that would just make it more of a pinata for higher tiers, and perhaps the 150mm gun instead of the 128 so it at least feels unique. As it is even limited MM wouldn't make it worth getting.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Darkrenown posted:

It feels like they brought the the old tank design team from ~3+ years ago back to make the Mauerbrecher. A big slow shitbox that's "armoured" in a way which is loving useless when they have been removing weakspots from everything recently and even finally buffed the speed on the T28/95 is such a strange throwback.

It's just a worse VK1001, why would anyone buy it? I suppose if someone has no T8 prems yet and really likes German superheavies it might be worth having, but that's got to be a limited market. I mean it's nice it doesn't continue the OP oneupmanship of recent premiums, but it's too far in the other direction.

It might have been interesting if they gave it more HP to make up for the armour (1.9-2k?), although that would just make it more of a pinata for higher tiers, and perhaps the 150mm gun instead of the 128 so it at least feels unique. As it is even limited MM wouldn't make it worth getting.

Because it makes credits like a premium, earns increased amounts of XP making it a good crew trainer, and can accept crews from all the nation's same-type vehicles.

You know...just like premiums years ago, before the introduction of stupidly-overpowered ones.

Speaking of premiums, I've never had so much fun in a vehicle while performing so shittily.

1400 average damage is by far not good enough for the vehicle, I get that, and I get that it's not a good sample size - especially with an untrained crew -, but goddamn...42% winrate.

Even worse with the IS-3. Roundabout 1600 average damage still not good enough for that tank, and I still haven't unlocked all modules, but christ, 38%

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Did we just get a free holiday tank that can actually be worthwhile? I mean...is it slow or something? Or just ridiculously huge for a tier 3? It's not on the Wiki yet so I've only seen it in my garage, and I'm far too apathetic to actually press the battle button.

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wait what gift tank? I haven't touched WoT in months

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Duzzy Funlop posted:

You know...just like premiums years ago, before the introduction of stupidly-overpowered ones.

Well sadly it doesn't come with a time machine so "hey this is how premiums should've been 3 years ago" kinda doesn't cut it anymore as a design principle. Everyone is shooting gold so armor is worth less and less unless it's brokenly good, and a huge insanely slow moving tank with weak spots the size of Texas is just a big loving easy target.

E: I mean I get what you mean: this is how Premiums SHOULD'VE been all along, and I agree with you! Remixes of their normal versions that serve as credit printers and crew trainers, but sadly that World of Tanks is long dead and gone, killed by a few years of increasingly OP premiums and really bad design decisions like "let's let everyone shoot gold like it's going out of style, oh and let's also make them have to do it". Unless they start to roll back those bad decisions (and they won't), the Mauerbrecher will just be a giant piece of poo poo.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Dec 25, 2017

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ALL loving preset camo styles, regardless of tier, now cost 75grand? what the gently caress

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Creamed Cormp posted:

T-29, tier 3 Soviet medium, gotta log in and open up a gift box to receive it and a garage slot.

76mm derp gun, AP, HEAT and HE.
2.30 Aim time
0.55 Dispersion
0.20 Dispersion while moving/track traverse
0.16 Dispersion while turret traverse
5 Degrees depression

44kph Moving forwards
20Kph In reverse

More info from Quicksterbabeman: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDXFkR_KUcs

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

MariusLecter posted:

T-29, tier 3 Soviet medium, gotta log in and open up a gift box to receive it and a garage slot.

76mm derp gun, AP, HEAT and HE.
2.30 Aim time
0.55 Dispersion
0.20 Dispersion while moving/track traverse
0.16 Dispersion while turret traverse
5 Degrees depression

44kph Moving forwards
20Kph In reverse

thanks for the answer, I guess I'm gonna have to log on this poo poo game because I'm some sort of disgusting tank hoarder and I have to own as many as possible

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Creamed Cormp posted:

thanks for the answer, I guess I'm gonna have to log on this poo poo game because I'm some sort of disgusting tank hoarder and I have to own as many as possible

Atomizer posted:

they always come back :getin:

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I'm shaking, y'all

This 8.8 L100 sure can make some poo poo happen.

:allbuttons:

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Because it makes credits like a premium, earns increased amounts of XP making it a good crew trainer, and can accept crews from all the nation's same-type vehicles.

Which is why I said it might be ok for someone with no premiums yet and a liking for German superheavies in the sentence right after the one you bolded... But for people who already own some t8 prems, when would you ever play this? Why would you buy it? There's nothing special, interesting, or appealing about it. Even if you want a German heavy trainer, would you play it over the Lowe? It's a poo poo pile. Oh, and premiums of years ago generally compensated for being worse than their tech tree counterparts by having pref MM, this thing is going to see T10s - and often given MM these days.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Merry Christmas! Have these twitch clips, more to come!

CYKA BLYAT: https://clips.twitch.tv/CleanDarkJaguarTheTarFu

Bounce slow remix: https://clips.twitch.tv/CleverObliviousMouseAliens

:woof: :rip: : https://clips.twitch.tv/AgileImpartialSkirretTBTacoRight

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Good lord, the 8.8 L100 on the Panther II may be the best applied-dpm gun I could name off the top of my head.

The accuracy is beyond ridiculous.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Darkrenown posted:

Which is why I said it might be ok for someone with no premiums yet and a liking for German superheavies in the sentence right after the one you bolded... But for people who already own some t8 prems, when would you ever play this? Why would you buy it? There's nothing special, interesting, or appealing about it. Even if you want a German heavy trainer, would you play it over the Lowe? It's a poo poo pile. Oh, and premiums of years ago generally compensated for being worse than their tech tree counterparts by having pref MM, this thing is going to see T10s - and often given MM these days.

The only reason you'd ever even think of using this instead of the Lowe is because it has 6 Crew members not 5.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Wait - I'm not seeing my free tank/the box to get the free tank. Do I actually have to earn a damned box to get it? :ohdear:

EDIT: Never mind, I found the 'present' in the garage you have to click. At least they give you a 100% crew for it - that's nice for new players.

Also, serious business question - are the discounts on tiered tanks usable in perpetuity or do they have to be used during this gimmick? And is the BC 12t worth keeping, or is it better to sell it once the discounts are over for an extra million-plus?

And I'm guessing even though it won't net me a lot, the ELC isn't worth keeping anymore?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 01:16 on Dec 26, 2017

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Speaking of premiums, I've never had so much fun in a vehicle while performing so shittily.

1400 average damage is by far not good enough for the vehicle, I get that, and I get that it's not a good sample size - especially with an untrained crew -, but goddamn...42% winrate.

Even worse with the IS-3. Roundabout 1600 average damage still not good enough for that tank, and I still haven't unlocked all modules, but christ, 38%

I know what you mean; I've got multiple "bad" vehicles that have inexplicably decent stats, and vice-versa. I'm most of the way through the FV3805, for example, and have about a 60% WR, whereas I recently started the M55, and while it's very similar I'm struggling to keep it above 50%. :shrug:

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Did we just get a free holiday tank that can actually be worthwhile? I mean...is it slow or something? Or just ridiculously huge for a tier 3? It's not on the Wiki yet so I've only seen it in my garage, and I'm far too apathetic to actually press the battle button.

Creamed Cormp posted:

It's a tier 3 Soviet MT, and is kind of a premium, slower version of the T-46 with the 76 mm, or a slower version of the BT-7 Arty that gets AP shells. It's one of the better low-tier premium gift tanks, but hardly game-changing.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

ALL loving preset camo styles, regardless of tier, now cost 75grand? what the gently caress

I can't even be bothered to figure out the new customization system. All I want is to just paint the whole tanks the same color, one camo per season (preferably the UK Neapolitan Ice Cream camo! :3:)

Darkrenown posted:

I guess we're holding out hope that they'll buff this thing eventually, like they did the Lowe and Type 59, the T-34-3, etc. :shrug: But you're right, with tanks like the Panther/88 & Mutz you'd think they could just have made the Mauerficker about equal to the VK100 instead of obviously worse.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Also, serious business question - are the discounts on tiered tanks usable in perpetuity or do they have to be used during this gimmick? And is the BC 12t worth keeping, or is it better to sell it once the discounts are over for an extra million-plus?

And I'm guessing even though it won't net me a lot, the ELC isn't worth keeping anymore?

The tank discounts and girl crews have to be claimed by ~mid-March, which appears to coincide with ~VERSION 1~ of our beloved ~7-year-old tank game. :rolleyes:

The BC12 is trash, sell it when you're done with it. The ELC appears to have been nerfed to oblivion, but I haven't been motivated enough to even try it (and if you don't plan to play it either then just get rid of it.)

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Yeah, I'm not selling anything until the holiday discounts end, but it's nice to know I don't have a super limited time to use the reward discounts.

Might *finally* get my T110E5. :v:

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
the ELC is dead, it's just too slow and fragile to be worth bothering with

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Hellsau posted:

the ELC is dead, it's just too slow and fragile to be worth bothering with

How about the camo? :shrug:

They did a lot of tier 5 LT fuckery (among other things) unfortunately.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Well, one thing I *can* do is get the equipment off both of them. Is the 13 90 still worth keeping?

Also, I've found the best use for the female crewmembers - finally getting a zero-skill sixth-sense commander for nations I've not played yet.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Didn't they also enlarge the model of the ELC considerably, like they did with the FV304? I recall QB saying something about it in a video to that effect.

Also, re: non-premium camo: I don't even see any customization options for credits, I only see the preset camo styles for 75,000. All the individual customization options are 50 gold apiece, running you 550 gold for a full set of all season camo or something.

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Well, one thing I *can* do is get the equipment off both of them. Is the 13 90 still worth keeping?

Only if you haven’t got a Batchat25t AP, which does the same thing but better at the same tier.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Rossmum dunks on a tank who tried to drown himself: https://clips.twitch.tv/AntsySquareDumplingsSMOrc

:getin:

e;
Watch him be loaded: https://clips.twitch.tv/AbrasiveFancyPuddingDendiFace

MariusLecter fucked around with this message at 12:18 on Dec 26, 2017

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, I'm not selling anything until the holiday discounts end, but it's nice to know I don't have a super limited time to use the reward discounts.

I think that you need to ~assign~ the bonus by March 18, i.e. choose which tanks get discounts, but that doesn't mean you need to buy the tank. I still have discounts on my unbought Swedish TDs from the launch event, for example.

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Also, re: non-premium camo: I don't even see any customization options for credits, I only see the preset camo styles for 75,000. All the individual customization options are 50 gold apiece, running you 550 gold for a full set of all season camo or something.

Remember, you only need camo on the hull for the bonus, turret and gun camo is cosmetic only - although it's fair if you just want it to match.

Of course, the best use of the system is to paint all the French tanks yellow to celebrate their cowardliness:

White/Surrender would also be acceptable.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
I have not had anyone complain about my purple Type 59 yet so clearly the new system is not working as intended.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

I had one guy say mine was "crazy loving ugly" so I've some minor success there. Also spotted a fellow purple tank traveler in the wild.

I think part of the problem is that these clown colors have to be activated in the options menu to be displayed.

Atomizer posted:

The tank discounts and girl crews have to be claimed by ~mid-March, which appears to coincide with ~VERSION 1~ of our beloved ~7-year-old tank game. :rolleyes:

I for one am stoked to have this game I've been Beta testing for 5 years finally be so close to release!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IqCB8uM3zs

Axetrain fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Dec 26, 2017

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Quote is not edit!

Barry
Aug 1, 2003

Hardened Criminal

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Might *finally* get my T110E5. :v:

Save your credits, it's pretty bad.

Axetrain posted:

I think part of the problem is that these clown colors have to be activated in the options menu to be displayed.

Yeah and I assume that only a tiny percentage of players actually have it activated.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Mine was auto on when the update went through, but then the game also deactivated my stun counter for arty for no reason so who knows?

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007

Barry posted:

Yeah and I assume that only a tiny percentage of players actually have it activated.

Haha, troll me with a pink tank? I THINK NOT!

Option off.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Nobody will ever see the glory of my Christmas wrapping camo foch b

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Making my IS7 look like a rental