Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

pubic works project posted:

I'm up 20.6 with my Foles against his Hopkins and Alshon in 1PPR. I think I'm hosed.

I need Alshon to crater is both my championships, so he's a lock for 100+ yards and 2 TDs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asema
Oct 2, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Thanks to the help in this thread I won our league.

Unless Hopkins and Cook catch negative yards and fumbles a million times to cost me 60 points.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

Asema posted:

Thanks to the help in this thread I won our league.

Unless Hopkins and Cook catch negative yards and fumbles a million times to cost me 60 points.

That’s when you pick up a bunch of retired/no name guys, put them in the lineup, and change your name to something funny.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

:feelsgood:

Despite all my bitching and stressing Gurley / Lewis carried me to a Championship. I think I am going to buy a Chinese knockoff Gurley jersey to wear to fantasy anything from now on.

Fake Edit:

ESPN also only has me at 98.7% to win. I guess Crabtree has a 1.3% chance of hitting -16 points.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

Doltos posted:

I would have won the championship if I didn't last second tinker with my lineup two weeks ago in the first round. Gurley absolutely crushed it all 3 weeks and I woulda blown out everyone if I didn't tinker.

DON'T TINKER

did you.. sit gurley?

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Well I have to say, this was my first season being full bore part of this thread instead of just spending time in the sit/start thread occasionally.

I enjoyed the season and thanks for all the help.

Looking forward to Mike Davis taking my team(s) to the championship in 2018!

Beer I owe you some money

Alfalfa fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 25, 2017

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
I ain’t winning a championship this year but all my teams were competitive and that’s the best I could ask for Merry Christmas Goff Bless, Mike Davis is next year’s stunna

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Merry Christmas nerds and best of luck hanging on or clawing back or whatever you need today! :)

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
Stat correction now has me up 22.6. Still think I'm hosed though.

Psikotik
Dec 17, 2002

Random more like ranDUMB
College Slice
Down 39 with Big Ben and Hopkins vs Khalil Mack, womp.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Currently I have a 50/50 chance at winning my BML finals, while having Mixon and Engram both go down in the first quarter. I would really like to have some of their projected points right now. I need Hopkins and Foles to outscore Crabtree, Eagles D, and Eagles K.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Locked up a championship in my family league. A Good Year.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Pain of Mind posted:

Currently I have a 50/50 chance at winning my BML finals, while having Mixon and Engram both go down in the first quarter. I would really like to have some of their projected points right now. I need Hopkins and Foles to outscore Crabtree, Eagles D, and Eagles K.

Nooooooo Hopkins!

Yesssssss Foles!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Locked up a championship in my family league. A Good Year.

I thought you said you were going to lose to your wife in week one of the playoffs?

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

poly and open-minded posted:

did you.. sit gurley?

No I sat Alex Collins for Amari Cooper and cut Robbie Gould for Dan Bailey last second. I thought Woodhead would eat into Collins' touches and Bailey would put up a ton of FGs on the Giants so instead Amari reinjures his high ankle sprain while only getting one target, Dan Bailey missed a bunch of FGs, Gould hit 5 FGs, and Collins blew up for 29 points.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

How is Foles supposed to throw 7 td’s to Ertz so I can win one of my championships if all the Eagles are doing is running...

Didn’t they get my Tweet?

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

Won the championship by 54 points. Didn't even need Gurley's 49 :smugdog:

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

:rip:

To anyone who just lost on those PHI/D TDs.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Two teams, two titles. Thanks for the fun year everyone :)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
I just realized I faced todd Gurley 3 times in the last 2 weeks and got bounced by an extremely narrow margin each time. All my work, dedication, research, all pointless because I had no Todd Gurley.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I won!!! Good year fellas, see you next one.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Best name I've heard so far to describe the last two weeks has been Gurl Harbor.

It's no Jamaalcolypse, but it's pretty good.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
I had 4 finals, won 2 of them. The two I lost were against Gurley and I didn't have a prayer. It's the rare fantasy season where I basically have no regrets.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
I really don't remember the Jamaal Charles game at all.

Abugadu
Jul 12, 2004

1st Sgt. Matthews and the men have Procured for me a cummerbund from a traveling gypsy, who screeched Victory shall come at a Terrible price. i am Honored.
^^^you would if you were on the losing side of it. Or winning, I guess.

coronaball posted:

I had 4 finals, won 2 of them. The two I lost were against Gurley and I didn't have a prayer. It's the rare fantasy season where I basically have no regrets.

Went 1-1 with my leagues, lost in the small money one where my team looked unbeatable, won in the bml where my team was half duct-tape. My only regret was thinking that this was going to be Julio Jones' big, big year.

But I was extremely happy with my strategy to get Kelce with the 4th rnd pick in both drafts.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OxySnake posted:

I thought you said you were going to lose to your wife in week one of the playoffs?

I must have done something right.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

the_american_dream posted:

I really don't remember the Jamaal Charles game at all.

Way back in 2013.

I guess my memory is tainted because i would of lost even without Charles, but he still put up 51 points in the Championship game. (I think that was in standard scoring too.)

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Two 4th place finishes and a 1st place. Of course, the 4th place leagues were the ones with money in them.

Still, the 1st place team lost week 1 and then never again, :feelsgood:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I did three leagues this year.

One 2nd place finish (lost by 3 points, ouch)
One 3rd place finish (lost by 0.34 points in the semi-finals :saddowns:)
One missed playoff

Not too bad overall, but I should have won two titles.

spanky69
Nov 5, 2004
I THINK sba HAS LOST HIS MIND. WOOOOOO DOGGIES PUPPIES KITTENS CRAP TURDS, love sba
Fun Shoe
Results of the 4 leagues from this season:

1) BML 1 (#1 seed, blown out in semis, split 3rd/4th)
2) BML 2 (#1 seed, blown out in semis, won 3rd place game)
3) Dynasty (#2 seed, Won league for 1st time in 8 years of league existence - Thank you Todd Gurley)
4) Work League with the Crazy Scoring (#1 seed. Won league - Thanks Arizona D, Dion Lewis, Tyreek Hill, Drew Stanton - this week only)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

What’s everyone’s bench size? My work league has been in talks since the playoffs started about reducing bench size. I’m all for it since forcing people to play waivers / FA and reduce hoarding is my jam. Which made me wonder if there’s such a thing as people playing with little no bench space.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

Uh oh.

https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/945686176198987778

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

What’s everyone’s bench size? My work league has been in talks since the playoffs started about reducing bench size. I’m all for it since forcing people to play waivers / FA and reduce hoarding is my jam. Which made me wonder if there’s such a thing as people playing with little no bench space.

6? I thought the average was 4. This is very disconcerting.

Oh, wait, nobody said "6" yet.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

My BML has 14 teams and 7 bench spots.

As the new champ / commish I am going to push hard for 6 bench + IR spot.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

League 1: Won the drat championship
League 2: Came in 3rd (lost in the semis by 2 and had the high score this week :()
League 3 (Goon Dynasty): Made the playoffs and got blown out by Gurley.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
5 leagues. Made playoffs in 2, made the finals in 2 more, won 1. One of those 2 finals is week 17, so it might be 2 wins at the end.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

He went off last year in the playoffs too which is why I rostered him this entire miserable year only to cut him before he went off.

He's on my gently caress this guy list next to Amari Cooper. Ain't ever touching either one of them again.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

10 team, 5 bench spots. Even with that few, huge turnover flux on my roster and holding onto players that never did anything (willie snead, derrick henry) I still had plenty of room. I'd prefer to go to 4

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

mastershakeman posted:

10 team, 5 bench spots. Even with that few, huge turnover flux on my roster and holding onto players that never did anything (willie snead, derrick henry) I still had plenty of room. I'd prefer to go to 4

The number of bench spots frankly depends on the number of starters. I'd generally try to peg it between 30 and 40% the number of starter slots, with an additional 1-2 IR slots. That gives you enough room to hold some and make some decisions, but makes the waiver more important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

14 teams, 7 bench spots. We might discuss going to 6 spots with an IR spot at our end of the season party.

• Locked thread