Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

I have a perfect top bar for posting. 85% charge, no notifications, gloriously full wifi wedge.

I just also have nothing to post with it.

charge your phone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slime
Jan 3, 2007
does the phone battery complaining occur because goons don't go outside and thus their phones are constantly plugged in and 100% charged and they're horrified that people use them outside where they can't charge them?

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

📡scanning🛰️ for good game 🎮design🦔🦔🦔
I too am completely bewildered as to the cacophony of CHAERGE UR PHON posts which seem to start with charge bars as "low" as 65%. Can anyone explain to me how you are SUPPOSED to use your phone in a way that keeps it fully charged always?

I always let my phone go to 5-15% over a day and then charge it over night. If I REALLY have to use it a lot, I plug it in below 40% and when I have an opportunity. Sometimes things don't work out and I can't use my phone for an hour, whatever. Isn't it bad for the battery to be charging all the time? Isn't technology for most people's phones at the point where 20% charge means another 3h of texting, messaging etc. and 6h of standby? What are you DOING with your phone to get paranoid every time it dips close to 50%? I only ever have charge eaten noticeably if I play Pokemon Go for a solid hour or some game on a long train ride. So things that are decidedly non-essential. Or ARE they to the Sperglords complaining?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Scathach posted:

Click for :biotruths:

http://www.returnofkings.com/26763/girls-with-short-hair-are-damaged

This is what I get for searching for cute haircuts.

What, you think Tuthmosis Sonofra (sarcophagus picture) isn't "hip" and "with it" and "jive" in his assessment of modern hair trends?

E: lol he thinks he's humblebragging about getting the world's most bored handjob.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I try to hide jokes in my things, but my girlfriend asks me why I keep mailing "CAN YOU PLEASE STOP MASTURBATING" to myself from her email.

omnibobb
Dec 3, 2005
Title text'd

Simply Simon posted:

I too am completely bewildered as to the cacophony of CHAERGE UR PHON posts which seem to start with charge bars as "low" as 65%. Can anyone explain to me how you are SUPPOSED to use your phone in a way that keeps it fully charged always?

I always let my phone go to 5-15% over a day and then charge it over night. If I REALLY have to use it a lot, I plug it in below 40% and when I have an opportunity. Sometimes things don't work out and I can't use my phone for an hour, whatever. Isn't it bad for the battery to be charging all the time? Isn't technology for most people's phones at the point where 20% charge means another 3h of texting, messaging etc. and 6h of standby? What are you DOING with your phone to get paranoid every time it dips close to 50%? I only ever have charge eaten noticeably if I play Pokemon Go for a solid hour or some game on a long train ride. So things that are decidedly non-essential. Or ARE they to the Sperglords complaining?

Source your quotes

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Eric has moved on to defending McCarthyism. The only problem with it was McCarthy himself!
https://twitter.com/joshkuh44/status/945141840956735488

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Simply Simon posted:

yikes

my phone doesn't normally drop below 50% because I work for a living

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Get a load of Mister Electricitybags over here

FUCK SNEEP
Apr 21, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

yikes

My phone drops below 50% normally because I work for a living.

:shrug:

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.

hawowanlawow posted:

gently caress SNEEP posted:

My phone drops below 50% normally because I work for a living.

:shrug:

I keep my phone in a box, and never know if it is charged or uncharged.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

porktree posted:

I keep my phone in a box, and never know if it is charged or uncharged.

Schroringers Phone

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Some people say I'm an 👵🏻old soul👻 because I'm not constantly on my 📱phone. I guess I'm not your 👩🏻average girl😉. I don't care about makeup💋 or read 💪🏻📃thought catalog. I'm not interested in taking 💊 xanny bears🐻, having blue hair or "hanging" at the bowling alley🎳. So go ahead and build 🔧your perfect feminist ♀️utopia on 🖥tumblr, while I'm out here in the trenches 🚚 bringing intersectionality to ISIS. 🍻🌸

IOSM: bringing intersectionality to ISIS

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Lol the screenshot isn't even mine, I got it from a Facebook group

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

hawowanlawow posted:

yikes

That is valid I guess - I'm a Chemistry researcher so I only need my phone to not die of boredom while an experiment is running. But surely not everyone literally needs their phone always? Hell, couldn't you have it at 20% with one hour left on your workday and not have to worry?

I chose this time to express my honest confusing because I've seen dozens of CHARG FON posts without a single goon expressing annoyance, as if everyone thought "thank this guy for saying it so I don't have to", as if a fully-charged phone is an obvious necessity and complaining about how low it's on a random screenshot is self-evident. Is this a meme? Am I out of touch? Am I also the only one who sincerely doesn't care about portrait mode videos as long as you can see everything necessary?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

People say it because they think it's funny, much like every other thing that gets run into the ground :shrug:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
Lol if you don’t drain your battery to low levels because you don’t want battery memory effect just lol

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

#notruelgbqt

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

someone awful. posted:

People say it because they think it's funny, much like every other thing that gets run into the ground :shrug:

every time I see a "charge ur fon" joke it's in much the same context as "is this loss" - it's dumb as poo poo but I'm pretty sure everyone knows that by now and just keeps doing it anyway

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

All y'all are talking dumb jokes way too seriously on this internet comedy forum.

Simply Simon
Nov 6, 2010

I was under the impression that jokes usually are or at least seem intended to be funny so I always assumed people had to be dead serious. Excuse my bewilderment then.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.

dialhforhero posted:

Lol if you don’t drain your battery to low levels because you don’t want battery memory effect just lol

I don't think that's a thing anymore with modern batteries.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

ITs as much of a menace as screen burn in!

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

oldpainless posted:

ITs as much of a menace as screen burn in!

oldburninless!

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out
Pretty tame by most standards but it bugged me enough to post it.

He's single, ladies.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Lol at a man complaining about peepin titties on Facebook

Katt
Nov 14, 2017

Ularg posted:

I don't think that's a thing anymore with modern batteries.

Yupp. Long ago batteries needed to be drained as much as possible or the space that wasn't used would crystallize and then not be usable at all.

So if you charged your phone at about 30% every single day then after a year or so then "100%" would in fact be in the 31-100% of the original battery space. Powertools worked the same. Likewise draining a battery to absolute zero could cause a polarity shift and break it completely. This was pretty hard to do though because batteries always have some charge. It was more common if you for example drained a device to low and then left it unused for a few weeks.

crime fighting hog posted:

He's single, ladies.

By divine decree, no doubt.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

oldburninless!

More like oldpennywiseless.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

oldpainless posted:

Lol at a man complaining about peepin titties on Facebook

He's not even complaining about peeping them. He's complaining that he can't peep them and then tell the ladies what a good peep he had without them thinking he's a creep.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
i tried to read that return of the king article and i just couldnt do it. i got like 2 paragraphs in and just started sighing deeply and rolling my eyes and my fingers compulsizely mashed the back key. i couldnt stop it.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

crime fighting hog posted:

Pretty tame by most standards but it bugged me enough to post it.

He's single, ladies.

"Men are pigs." -this guy

Thanks for the confirmation, friendo. We've been saying that for years!

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
please dont drag lowtax's hallowed pig brand into this thread. christ

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Simply Simon posted:

Am I also the only one who sincerely doesn't care about portrait mode videos as long as you can see everything necessary?

And that's were you lost me, absolutely unacceptable.

uranium grass
Jan 15, 2005

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

ahahahahha

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot
Discharge your phones into my balls

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Smythe posted:

ahahahahha

At least his battery is fully charged.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
That's totally deliberate on that dude's part. It's an exhibitionism thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

"I was gonna buy them, but it looks like they make your dick tiny."