Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:wtc:

There's phoning it in and then there's this.

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Lmao

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

And on the third day, Jesus appeared as a Force ghost before the ewoks playing music on the helmets of the Romans

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Pence might be more dangerous than Trump because he would do largely the same poo poo but the media is desperate for a Republican to not be a burning tire fire and would immediately polish his image and largely ignore the effects of his policies as long as he kept his public statements to how much he loves his family. He's also the real deal culture warrior and would be a lot more personally invested in making sure his evil plans work than stupidly grandstanding and self sabotage. The only benefit is he PROBABLY would not be starting a nuclear war with Korea over hurt feelings.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Tenebrais posted:

And on the third day, Jesus appeared as a Force ghost before the ewoks playing music on the helmets of the Romans

Desert wizard with seemingly magical powers pursued by an empire, I can see it.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Radish posted:

The only benefit is he PROBABLY would not be starting a nuclear war with Korea over hurt feelings.
That's kind of a big thing.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Holy poo poo, lifetime republican voters would probably be fine with republican policies?

This thread has the absolute sickest burns.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Johnny Walker posted:

That's kind of a big thing.

The GOP seems to have been taken over by people trying to force Armageddon so they can be raptured into heaven so I think it's still up in the air how much more likely Trump is to start lobbing nukes carelessly than the rest of his party..

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Tenebrais posted:

He would later be replaced with Hayden Christensen.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Haha, inadvertently throwing Christianity under the bus. My beliefs and faith are so holy and sacred, here's how they are just like some bad scify movie.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
I know every story rips off the story of Jesus via the monomyth structure, but that's a little excessive, don't you think, Ramirez?

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Also, the Nib has 7 cartoonists saying goodbye to 2017.

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Pence would gently caress over everyone that isn't white, male, straight and rich.

As opposed to Trump, the champion of non-white, non-straight, poor women.

Pence called the Muslim ban "UnAmerican."

Pence does not excite white nationalists.

Pence does not threaten invasion of our allies.

Pence does not listen to infowars and consider them credible.

Pence does not show any authoritarian tendencies.

Pence does not have a cult of personality that allows him to get away with things other politicians can't.

Pence said the booing he received at Hamilton was "what democracy sounds like."

Pence calls Russia a hostile state.

Pence does not have narcissistic personality disorder.

Pence does not call to undermine our democratic norms.

Pence would not have his name shouted at minorities as a threat.

Pence would not say there were very fine people on both sides.

Pence would concede defeat when he loses an election.

Pence would be a lovely Republican in the way Republicans have been lovely for a long time. Trump is so much worse than that for so many reasons, and I hate with a passion this "yeah but Pence would be just as bad" because it's just wrong.

MikeyTsi
Jan 11, 2009

SOME
GIZMO

Mellow Seas
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
When will women who gave birth 10 minutes ago learn to treasure their children instead of gizmoing?

E: I think the Ramirez is cute.

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Kirschen posted:

#Santa will have it easy this year in the Middle East, with growing persecution forcing Christians to flee the Middle East. The only country with a growing Christian community , that enjoys religious freedom is Israel

Stiglich posted:

From the City of Brotherly Love.

e: oops one was posted already.

Trogdos! fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Dec 26, 2017

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

Who the hell's talking?

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

MelvinBison posted:

Who the hell's talking?

The baby Jesus.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Ahahahahaha holy gently caress

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

https://imeu.org/article/discrimination-hate-crimes-against-christian-palestinians-in-the-holy-land

https://twitter.com/Joyce_Karam/status/944684542358585345/photo/1

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Drawn by a right-winger. Awesome.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

ryonguy
Jun 27, 2013

quote:

Pence would be a lovely Republican in the way Republicans have been lovely for a long time. Trump is so much worse than that for so many reasons, and I hate with a passion this "yeah but Pence would be just as bad" because it's just wrong.
Pence is a republican. He's a warmongering, rightwing zealot, who "stands by the president" in regards to Charlottesville, only criticizes Russia when they aren't funding the election, and would make every attempt to shove his religious ideological beliefs into law. Trump is merely the mouthpiece of republican thought for the last 30 years finally in a position to do all the evil they've had planned all along. Pence is absolutely no different than Trump in any meaningful way, and in some cases, especially in regards to his Christian Dominionist theology, he is worse. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," hand-wringing on the left is just as stupid as it is on the right.

Zemyla
Aug 6, 2008

I'll take her off your hands. Pleasure doing business with you!
Yeah, the right would get rid of Trump in a New York minute if they didn't think it'd cause all the #MAGA worshipers to turn on them. Unfortunately for them, Trump has been good at, if nothing else, building a cult of personality.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

Lol

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

ryonguy posted:

Pence is a republican. He's a warmongering, rightwing zealot, who "stands by the president" in regards to Charlottesville, only criticizes Russia when they aren't funding the election, and would make every attempt to shove his religious ideological beliefs into law. Trump is merely the mouthpiece of republican thought for the last 30 years finally in a position to do all the evil they've had planned all along. Pence is absolutely no different than Trump in any meaningful way, and in some cases, especially in regards to his Christian Dominionist theology, he is worse. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," hand-wringing on the left is just as stupid as it is on the right.

Exactly, Pence is only dignified and respectful if the status quo pre-Trump was already great for you.

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

ryonguy posted:

Nnnnnooo. You misunderstand. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," is NOT "hand wringing" on the Left, it is being very much aware that half the resistance to Trump is that he's so gauche that he's almost impossible to normalize by a media system DESPERATE to normalize him. At all times the Media is waiting, hungering, licking it's chops to say "THIS IS WHEN HE BECAME PRESIDENT!!" to the point that they've done so multiple times already. And will continue to do so right up until he...well they will forever. After he dies there will be a ton of "the Trump you DIDN'T KNOW!!" article written about all the times he DIDN'T kick a black man in the balls. Pence would be worse than Trump because we know that the Media will, instantly, settle back into "business as usual" and the resistance to the same exact plans, the same exact purpose, and the same exact actions will be sliced in half.

That being said I STILL WANT PEOPLE HELD ACCOUNTABLE. I still want Trump in prison for the Russia stuff, I still want these people to answer for their crimes because I don't want to live in a world where people just get away with blatantly breaking the law in full view of everyone just because they can. Even though I do. All the time. And will continue to.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Glazier posted:

Exactly, Pence is only dignified and respectful if the status quo pre-Trump was already great for you.

Yep, there is no meaningful difference between Trump and the Republican party except for tone, and that's only if you are ignoring the likes of Steve King and the entirely of right wing media.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Cpt.Americant posted:

As opposed to Trump, the champion of non-white, non-straight, poor women.

Pence called the Muslim ban "UnAmerican."

Pence does not excite white nationalists.

Pence does not threaten invasion of our allies.

Pence does not listen to infowars and consider them credible.

Pence does not show any authoritarian tendencies.

Pence does not have a cult of personality that allows him to get away with things other politicians can't.

Pence said the booing he received at Hamilton was "what democracy sounds like."

Pence calls Russia a hostile state.

Pence does not have narcissistic personality disorder.

Pence does not call to undermine our democratic norms.

Pence would not have his name shouted at minorities as a threat.

Pence would not say there were very fine people on both sides.

Pence would concede defeat when he loses an election.

Pence is an actual monster who has caused some real damage to people (his shutting down a Planned Parenthood caused a HIV-epidemic for example) but I guess that's okay as long as he keeps the political discourse civil.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Why is he using four panels like this?

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

Maybe I just wanna see Trump get impeached and maybe cry on television, is that enough for you assholes.

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

Besat wishes

Duke Igthorn
Oct 11, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Electric Phantasm posted:

Why is he using four panels like this?
Jesus, guys come on: he's an old man with a fun hobby, why are you holding him up to the standards of a professional?

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If Trump gets impeached, it means that the Democrats took significant gains in Congress and at that point Pence is going down too since there's no way he wasn't involved in whatever Trump gets in trouble for.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Duke Igthorn posted:

Nnnnnooo. You misunderstand. The "Trump is just so... gauche, at least Pence is dignified," is NOT "hand wringing" on the Left, it is being very much aware that half the resistance to Trump is that he's so gauche that he's almost impossible to normalize by a media system DESPERATE to normalize him. At all times the Media is waiting, hungering, licking it's chops to say "THIS IS WHEN HE BECAME PRESIDENT!!" to the point that they've done so multiple times already. And will continue to do so right up until he...well they will forever. After he dies there will be a ton of "the Trump you DIDN'T KNOW!!" article written about all the times he DIDN'T kick a black man in the balls. Pence would be worse than Trump because we know that the Media will, instantly, settle back into "business as usual" and the resistance to the same exact plans, the same exact purpose, and the same exact actions will be sliced in half.

Every personality at every major news company, Fox News excluded, would jizz their pants at president Pence. They could finally go back to horserace and process coverage and be "objective", no more having to call the President a liar, no more covering Tweets, the President will come back to the WH Correspondent's dinner, and they can even go have cocktail parties with the Republican friends again!

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Glazier posted:

Every personality at every major news company, Fox News excluded, would jizz their pants at president Pence. They could finally go back to horserace and process coverage and be "objective", no more having to call the President a liar, no more covering Tweets, the President will come back to the WH Correspondent's dinner, and they can even go have cocktail parties with the Republican friends again!

Yeah this is 100% accurate.

You'd have whoever the hell replaces Matt Lauer asking very serious questions about Pence's latest "Illegalize the gays" initiative and how we need to have an open mind about it since of course there's two sides to everything. "Pence is so polite about it while the opponents are certainly angry and irrational" of course says the NYT Op-ed.

Eggplant Squire fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Dec 26, 2017

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.

Trogdos! posted:

e: oops one was posted already.

Where's the University of Pennsylvania logo?

Cpt.Americant
Mar 30, 2010

Alhazred posted:

Pence is an actual monster who has caused some real damage to people (his shutting down a Planned Parenthood caused a HIV-epidemic for example) but I guess that's okay as long as he keeps the political discourse civil.

So if you're not actually going to read what I wrote why quote it? I didn't say Pence isn't a monster, I literally call him lovely. I say nothing about "civil" discourse. But sure, I don't prefer Pence for any of the long list of reasons I listed out, it's just because he's soft spoken. That must be it. It has nothing to do with Trump's authoritarian instincts, or his cult of personality, or how he validates the previously fringe voices, it's just that he's a big old meany.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Lightsaber-wielding magic man is just as real as waterwalking magic man.

A Star War on Christmas Cartoon.

No idea what the different animals pulling the sleigh is about. Some sort of dig at "diversity"?

Can't wait to drown to death in Economic Recovery!

• Locked thread