Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
Is Playstation Vue any good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Relentlessboredomm posted:

Be careful. Those fuckers are amazing and dangerous. Cut my finger to the bone using mine the first time.

It came with a tool that grips the stuff for you so hopefully I can stay in one piece

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Jota posted:

Is Playstation Vue any good?

Sling is better. PlayStation can't be used outside of your home Network and Vue can be used wherever

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Sling is better. PlayStation can't be used outside of your home Network and Vue can be used wherever

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have Vue and like it better than Sling/Hulu. Haven’t had any problems using it outside of Home networks unless I want to watch local channels, but then I just use the apps for those channels and use my Vue login.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

I have Vue and like it better than Sling/Hulu. Haven’t had any problems using it outside of Home networks unless I want to watch local channels, but then I just use the apps for those channels and use my Vue login.

I got PlayStation Vue and I couldn't use it at all at my girlfriend's or at the bar that "couldn't change the channel" to put the Eagles on and it asked me to sign in on my PlayStation to confirm we were on the same Network.

Sling worked fine on 4G

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

I talked poo poo about Harry potter wands being really expensive and my gf almost cried when she opened hers for Christmas lol

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

ZenVulgarity posted:

I talked poo poo about Harry potter wands being really expensive and my gf almost cried when she opened hers for Christmas lol

:pedo:

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

ZenVulgarity posted:

Yo go outside and find stick this ain't bright

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Edit oops wrong tweet

Spoeank fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 26, 2017

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

ZenVulgarity posted:

Some loving mudblood poo poo right there.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/itsa_talia/status/812366113992507392

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Its Rinaldo posted:

Some loving mudblood poo poo right there.

Flikken
Oct 23, 2009

10,363 snaps and not a playoff win to show for it

Blitz7x posted:

I gave him a Kindle loaded with the Song of Ice and Fire books but he just reread the Dragonlance novels so

I enjoyed the adventures of the 1st Dragon Army's Engineering Brigade.

The_Hat
Sep 24, 2008

Mel Mudkiper posted:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Joey Freshwater posted:

So Maggie was out running around outside, since we’re at the Cabin I just let her go do whatever for a while and she checks in every once in a while. She came back a few minutes ago and I just heard this loud *THUD*.

This is what she came back with

"Bark softly but carry a big stick." - Maggie

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just smoked a spiral ham. Life is okay folks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

No Butt Stuff posted:

Just smoked a spiral ham. Life is okay folks.

How did you fit that in your pipe?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Mom trying to kick me out of the kitchen while she makes Christmas dinner but I had to remind her to take the birds out of the fridge and let them come to room temp so that they cook more evenly :cmon: Try me gurl

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

cook more evenly what

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Tonight was my first time making whipped cream by hand. It will also be my last, because Jesus Christ how did people ever have the patience to discover it’d turn out if you whip cold cream and sugar for what feels like 6 years.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Thaddius the Large posted:

Tonight was my first time making whipped cream by hand. It will also be my last, because Jesus Christ how did people ever have the patience to discover it’d turn out if you whip cold cream and sugar for what feels like 6 years.

First time I tried to do that I used an electric hand mixer and lol did you guys know if you do it long enough it turns into butter???

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

A kitchen aid mixer?

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
there are limits to the magic of doing things “by hand”, like anything that involves whipping.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Joey Freshwater posted:

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sling is better is every aspect EXCEPT the local nfl sports. So it’s a big deal :-/

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Amy Pole Her posted:

Sling is better is every aspect EXCEPT the local nfl sports. So it’s a big deal :-/

Sling app was God awful last time I used it a couple years ago. So bad that I remember FAQ on the site saying to just use your login on ESPN now app.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Sling is terrible, I get horrible lag on it, no local channels and more channels of what I’d want in the cheaper packages from Vue.

Vue is better in every way except for some people apparently have trouble not watching it away from home, which is a problem I’ve never seen. So in my experience Vue is way better.

BrownThunder
Oct 26, 2005

EXTEND BEN!
Forever and ever and ever

I highly recommend the new DirecTV now deal. You pay up front $140 for 4 months and get a free AppleTV 4k, which is awesome for way more than just the tv watching stuff. There's no PS4 app yet but the Apple TV takes care of everything, doubly so if you have an iPad or iPhone that you can mirror to the TV. No lag or bullshit I've discovered yet, plus the Apple TV 4k is yours to keep. The AppleTV 4k is $199 normally anyways so it's a no brainer.

Relentlessboredomm
Oct 15, 2006

It's Sic Semper Tyrannis. You said, "Ever faithful terrible lizard."

Don't whip by hand unless you hate yourself or have friends to pass it between.

The Big Jesus posted:

First time I tried to do that I used an electric hand mixer and lol did you guys know if you do it long enough it turns into butter???

People keep telling me this and I don't understand how you let it go that long. With any electric mixer making whipped cream takes 2-4 mins. It looks and tastes delicious ages before it's stiff much less before it starts turning to butter.

Whipped cream was the first thing I learned how to make and I make it all the time so this stuff blows my mind

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.
I've found my chronic masturbation addiction has given me the endurance to handle any such vigorous and repetitive tasks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

My brother cut open Christmas crackers and filled em with scratch off lottery tickets, in mine some after shave samples and a pocket knife and resealed em.

For my sister he put in some nice hand cream and chocolates.

For my old man he put in a pocket knife and some mini whisky bottles.

Pretty cool idea beats the poo poo out of a bad joke and plastic frog or whatever.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

My dad is with us in spirit. One of the flippers in the pinball machine broke and we couldn't figure out how to fix it. We feel around and eventually find a taped key and that opens the front coin door. Inside? The manual, a pinball repair guide, and a custom lever that he added which safely removes the glass on top. It's such a Dad thing to do. Merry Christmas. :)

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

My dad is with us in spirit. One of the flippers in the pinball machine broke and we couldn't figure out how to fix it. We feel around and eventually find a taped key and that opens the front coin door. Inside? The manual, a pinball repair guide, and a custom lever that he added which safely removes the glass on top. It's such a Dad thing to do. Merry Christmas. :)

That's awesome and heart warming.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Watched The Last Jedi and Father Figures and yesterday. Both were good in their own way (got a little misty-eyed during a couple of scenes in FF :shobon:)

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

if you wanted it and santa didnt bring you asscreed origins its $30 physical through gamestop right now

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
spoeank is it safe to assume that your wife's aunt is sheltered, projecting and self-loathing? work is so slow I managed to catch up on 550+ unread posts lol

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

id buy ffxii over rear end creed

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

out of hot dog buns so im eating naandogs

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

hifi posted:

id buy ffxii over rear end creed

If you want to make the wrong decision sure

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

piss tape israel posted:

spoeank is it safe to assume that your wife's aunt is sheltered, projecting and self-loathing? work is so slow I managed to catch up on 550+ unread posts lol

Oh absolutely 100%. She dated some insane conspiracy theorist anti-semite who was banned from holiday events because he'd fight everyone. She would just say, "oh that's just his opinion" and "he makes me happy" as defenses for him.

Her mother broke to neck and she went to visit her in Iowa with my wife and mother in law. My wife took some unpaid time to do it because my wife's grandma needed surgery on her neck that had a chance of leaving her paralyzed. Her aunt flew back early to make choir practice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
My Christmas gift was a likely divorce

Don't feel bad for me: it's my favorite gift this year

• Locked thread