Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Her body

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Three times yesterday people felt bad for me for working today.

It's also -30 outside and I have zero customers.

We should have just closed.

Creature
Mar 9, 2009

We've already seen a dead horse
The week between Christmas and New Year is the slowest week at work ever. Very little gets done and we’re given 2 hours for lunch. But I can’t enjoy it properly because I have a bit of a cold. :(

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Picnic Princess posted:

Three times yesterday people felt bad for me for working today.

It's also -30 outside and I have zero customers.

We should have just closed.

Working the corners in the snow on Christmas. Sad.

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..
I got back into gaming in what appears to be a banner year for the industry and now I have probably over a thousand hours of backlog to get through.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Someone used the term 'work husband' about my male coworker and myself. Because a married man and a single woman can't be friends? Oh, how about the fact I am friends with his wife and if SHE is not my type, he certainly isn't either!

After treating my snake that has mites, I keep feeling invisible creepy crawlies on me, even though the mites are so small I wouldn't feel them at all, and they are snake mites so they don't eat on humans.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
I've got this odd sensation underneath my eye that is best described as a minor itch (but not really, that kinda feeling you think rubbing will get rid that won't go away.

Wouldn't be surprised if the rubbing of the area is just making it worse. :(

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream
couple of paid time off days but nothing to do

funmanguy
Apr 20, 2006

What time is it?

A3th3r posted:

couple of paid time off days but nothing to do

:same:

also hope those snake mites get cleared up, theyre great pets and that can really make them tempermental

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

I got my dog booties for the winter cause he keeps licking the snow/ice off his pads but I think he hates them more than the snow/ice on his paws.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
So last Saturday when I cleaned up all the snake cages and put them on paper towels, most of the snakes were pissy, so I skipped feeding. Decided to do it this weekend. Bad idea, combined with me forgetting to put a brick on top of a QT box, because one of my sand boa three-year old babies got out. And for the first time in 20 years, the cats got it and killed him.

I found him this morning by the tank with the mite-snake, and for a horrible moment I thought it was that snake. Finding out it was an escapee sand boa was, horrible as it is to say, a relief, compared to a snake that could have caused some damage to a cat (even a small bite, and the mite-snake is about three times the weight of the boa) but now I'm feeling horrible because I hosed up in the first place.

Add to that I pulled another 10 hour day at work, my boss is out, my coworkers are either sick or on vacation, and I keep thinking I have an escaped rat too. I had 5 or 6 of them for breeding stock; one died. I cleaned cages this morning and could have sworn it was a pastel cream that died about three weeks ago. But now I can't find the black male, and I am certain he was in the cage this morning but I can barely remember 15 hours ago when I was cleaning, and now he's gone, and there's another cream in there. Either I'm being punked and someone is switching rats, or the black one escaped, and I keep thinking this is what must happen right before you snap and go full crazy.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Frustratingly close. Just one more flight, or had one of the Australia legs been on American instead of Qantas, and I'd be there. Ah well, always next year.

ReidRansom has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Dec 28, 2017

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

tired of eating out at restaurants every day

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

ReidRansom posted:

Frustratingly close. Just one more flight, or had one of the Australia legs been on American instead of Qantas, and I'd be there. Ah well, always next year.

If you do a lot of flying and the elite status would make a big deal, just say gently caress it and go on a cross country round trip to get some pizza or something

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There are too many sweet treats this time of year. I like savoury food for my snacks.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sentient Data posted:

If you do a lot of flying and the elite status would make a big deal, just say gently caress it and go on a cross country round trip to get some pizza or something

Eh, I weighed that, or just taking the buy gold status offer they make when you're close, but idunno, boarding one group earlier is basically the only benefit I'd get. There are so many platinum/pro/exec status people that it's unlikely I'd get any upgrades, and the award miles bonus doesn't mean much to me with the way they've gimped them.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Picnic Princess posted:

There are too many sweet treats this time of year. I like savoury food for my snacks.

Every year we end up with mountains of chocolate from Christmas+Halloween and I just want some chips :reject:

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

There's a really great sub shop near me, but the owner tends to work the register, and he's... he tends to do a running pitch for "why you should come to this shop" while you're trying to pick out what to eat, like harping on their awesome toppings and sourcing of high quality meats and poo poo. Then when they bring the order out, he likes to come squat next to your table and chat more about how great everything is and what you should try next time.

He's super positive and really stoked to be running a business, and I can never summon the heart to tell him off so I can eat in peace, but it's to the point where I'll cruise past the door and if I see him inside I'll drive off and go eat somewhere else. Which is a shame cause the subs are really good.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

e: probably better suited for a different thread. My bad.

Eat This Glob has a new favorite as of 00:45 on Dec 30, 2017

Noctone
Oct 25, 2005

XO til we overdose..

ReidRansom posted:

Eh, I weighed that, or just taking the buy gold status offer they make when you're close, but idunno, boarding one group earlier is basically the only benefit I'd get. There are so many platinum/pro/exec status people that it's unlikely I'd get any upgrades, and the award miles bonus doesn't mean much to me with the way they've gimped them.

Yeah ime the only status tiers that really matter are baseline and the very top. Everything in between usually adds very marginal value.

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

MisterBibs posted:

I've got this odd sensation underneath my eye that is best described as a minor itch (but not really, that kinda feeling you think rubbing will get rid that won't go away.

Wouldn't be surprised if the rubbing of the area is just making it worse. :(

Sounds like a sty forming.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
There IS a rat loose. At least I am lucky in that the rat is male. Unlucky in that he is hiding in my room and I surprised his hiding place so it's unlikely he'll be back there in an easy to catch place.

My friend and his wife and I had plans to go to this butterfly garden place but his mom is in town, and I had to work today, so they went ahead without me. I mean his mom did pay for everything as an Xmas gift and she wasn't aware we were going as a group but it still kinda sucks.

Sentient Data
Aug 31, 2011

My molecule scrambler ray will disintegrate your armor with one blow!

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Don't freak him out like that, he might just be feeling a parasitic worm borrowing

The Mighty Moltres
Dec 21, 2012

Come! We must fly!

Sentient Data posted:

Don't freak him out like that, he might just be feeling a parasitic worm borrowing

I hate when worms borrow things from me. Especially my eyes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Someone's being a poo poo and setting off firecrackers outside my building while I'm trying to enjoy a quiet afternoon. HEY YOU SHITS, THE 31st IS TOMORROW! :bahgawd:

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

I'm going to a prohibition-themed party tonight and I don't want to dress up but my SO is making me. I hate tucking shirts in.

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

ran out of things to talk about while at yet another dinner party

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

The Mighty Moltres posted:

Nah, I'm pretty sure it was the whole "stop loving with it and it won't hurt" thing, cuz it went away after a couple of hours of not touching it while I was asleep.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

Cowslips Warren posted:

Someone used the term 'work husband' about my male coworker and myself. Because a married man and a single woman can't be friends? Oh, how about the fact I am friends with his wife and if SHE is not my type, he certainly isn't either!

After treating my snake that has mites, I keep feeling invisible creepy crawlies on me, even though the mites are so small I wouldn't feel them at all, and they are snake mites so they don't eat on humans.

is your snake okay now?

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe
The sweet, cutesy visual novel I was playing took a really dark turn and now I'm depressed, even though I know it's a fairy tale type thing and she'll end up okay. :smith:

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug
My therapist has been pushing me to quit being a total hermit and actually start interacting with the world again but I'm finding that I kind of like the advantages of total solitude.

aardwolf
Apr 27, 2013
...which are?

Dying alone, unloved and unmissed doesn't really sound like an advantage. Please consider the possibility that your therapist is right.

Trauma Dog 3000
Aug 30, 2017

by SA Support Robot

aardwolf posted:

...which are?

Dying alone, unloved and unmissed doesn't really sound like an advantage. Please consider the possibility that your therapist is right.

he could always have a paralyzing stroke then be eaten alive by rats

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

You can dodge negativity like this really easily if you're alone fyi

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

aardwolf posted:

...which are?

I have a knack for drawing really, really lovely people like a magnet. I also got sick of explaining why I don't talk to my family. I had a horrible, horrible childhood.

You also get a LOT more time to do things when you quit having friends. I like talking to machines more than I like talking to people so I code a lot.

It also means I don't have to deal with American society which has been getting increasingly narcissistic and toxic. Yes I know that means I should emigrate.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
The problem is you're assuming people are worth interacting with. Some are!
Most of them are mind-bogglingly stupid, and are not.
<-- Exhibit A

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

The problem is you're assuming people are worth interacting with. Some are!
Most of them are mind-bogglingly stupid, and are not.
<-- Exhibit A

Hi! Exhibit B here! :v:

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

made an appearance at a new years eve party just now but was too tired to do anything beyond that

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Donald Trump is the president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

And the eventual heat death of the universe is really taking its sweet drat time happening.