Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

wisdomHNOX posted:

I’m not about to kick anyone for putting Zetas where they want. Do you, man.

It was a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

I'm an idiot who makes bad decisions, so I'm trying this game again.
https://swgoh.gg/u/sarmhan/collection/
Based on this what should I prioritize? I'm pretty close to having a reasonable scoundrel team for credit heist and I've started working on phoenix. is the OP up to date, and does my random stuff I have farmed change that at all?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Based on this what should I prioritize? I'm pretty close to having a reasonable scoundrel team for credit heist and I've started working on phoenix. is the OP up to date, and does my random stuff I have farmed change that at all?

Standard advice is to start a new account. You are hopelessly behind your arena shard and arena is the most reliable way to get crystals. Judging by your collection you'll be back where you were and in a MUCH better position in your arena within a month.

After that, check my shorthand newbie guide in the OP.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

fishtobaskets posted:

Standard advice is to start a new account. You are hopelessly behind your arena shard and arena is the most reliable way to get crystals. Judging by your collection you'll be back where you were and in a MUCH better position in your arena within a month.

After that, check my shorthand newbie guide in the OP.
Oh ok. Is it really only a month to 70?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Oh ok. Is it really only a month to 70?

The other things I said are more germane but that sounds vaguely right, maybe a bit longer. There's a really solid starting strat for new players that involves focusing on phoenix to catapult you into early arena viability and unlocks for several valuable toons. I think it outweighs the relatively modest progress you've made on that account.

If you dont wanna restart, the advice is the same: get yout scoundrels up, then focus phoenix.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.
The only way I’d tell someone returning with a v old account to keep it is if they happen to have an account old enough to where they have New Hope Rebels sitting at 7* with CLS coming back next week.

That’s not you.

Restart.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Alright thanks for the advice. I'll restart and power up Phoenix

Herux
Dec 1, 2013
First trip out with zJrey(L)g12 bb8(g9) zThrawng12 zzzCLSg12 zzR2g12 to go for the mystical HAAT half solo on p3/4. Started at beginning of p3 and had no issues pushing through but since my BB8 is undergeared and not zeta i was lacking dmg and had to keep shifting r2 stealth to leave CLS open to tank shots in order to not get bb8 killed. p3 in the bag and moving into p4 i noticed i didnt have enough of either SPEED or DMG to fully solo p4 which is supposed to be the easy phase for this team so I was wondering if anyone else is even bothering to try this setup and if so what should the mods look like? MY CLS and Thrawn and R2 are pretty heavily modded and I am working on jrey/bb8. Ended up doing roughly 18.5mil full p3 and 60% of p4.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Herux posted:

First trip out with zJrey(L)g12 bb8(g9) zThrawng12 zzzCLSg12 zzR2g12 to go for the mystical HAAT half solo on p3/4. Started at beginning of p3 and had no issues pushing through but since my BB8 is undergeared and not zeta i was lacking dmg and had to keep shifting r2 stealth to leave CLS open to tank shots in order to not get bb8 killed. p3 in the bag and moving into p4 i noticed i didnt have enough of either SPEED or DMG to fully solo p4 which is supposed to be the easy phase for this team so I was wondering if anyone else is even bothering to try this setup and if so what should the mods look like? MY CLS and Thrawn and R2 are pretty heavily modded and I am working on jrey/bb8. Ended up doing roughly 18.5mil full p3 and 60% of p4.

R2 is your weak link.

Get BB8 up to the point where he can take a goddamn hit and then get Resistance Trooper in there.

Alternately, keep R2 and drop Thrawn. They fill redundant roles.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

CaptainPsyko posted:

That list is super out of date.

CLS running solo can do about 500k-2m (gear/mods/RNG) in P1 and retreat and do it again and again. I also use in in P4 with Wiggs, Leia, and Ezra which is a very strong team. Leia is replaceable by raid Han or R2 but you lose a ton of damage and need to micromanage buffs much more closely.

And of course CLS figures into the various superteams that clear 50-75% of the whole raid; CLS, BB8, Thrawn or R2 +2. (Ackbar lead and Assaj, Ackbar lead and Han, Rey lead and R2, Rey lead and T2, CLS lead, Han and Both Thrawn and R2... there’s a dozen variations, but you can see what they all have in common.)

Babbys first top tier HAAT team is probably zFinn Resistance with Poe and rTrooper; the other two slots shuffle depending on what phase you want to run them in (Pilot and BB8 are ideal in P2/4, BB8 and R2 in P3, Can use Rey as well, any combination of those three will be fine). All you need is Poe above 232 speed and G8+ to put up many millions of damage.

I tried to build Chirpantine + 3 tanks on an ftp alt and it sucks to work on. The tanks need a lot of the same gear.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

CaptainPsyko posted:

Get BB8 up to the point where he can take a goddamn hit and then get Resistance Trooper in there.

I feel like BB8 is less of a soccer ball and more of a glass snowglobe.

MichiganCubbie
Dec 11, 2008

I love that I have an erection...

...that doesn't involve homeless people.

Hey Zox, we need you to participate in the Territory War in Something Awful. It starts in a couple hours and this is a full-guild participation mode.

You missed the last couple of these, and we need everyone on board for it. Come fight beside your fellow goons!!

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

I am a sucker for playing with dolls collectibles so this seems kind of cool. My ally code for guildjoining purposes is 321 479 541.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Trebuchet King posted:

I am a sucker for playing with dolls collectibles so this seems kind of cool. My ally code for guildjoining purposes is 321 479 541.

Get in the 'cord duder

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ein Sexmonster posted:

I spend a lot more time on our Discord now than I do in here, so I'm not doing the best job at keeping the OP up to date -- but at the same time, for the first 70 levels, basically nothing has changed since Phoenix came out, which resulted in my last major update sometime around September/Octoberish. Basically, you absolutely need to farm STH, Lando and Boba from the start, and from there, working on Phoenix is a really good idea. Once you have them in good shape, continuing on to Empire so that you can get R2, and then OG rebels (Luke, Leia, and Old Ben).

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

fishtobaskets posted:

Get in the 'cord duder

i’m at work literally all day and phoneposting

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Trebuchet King posted:

i’m at work literally all day and phoneposting

Me too man. Discord works fine on yer phone :) we dont voice chat or anything

Trebuchet King
Jul 5, 2005

This post...

...is a
WORK OF FICTION!!

oh i was thinking of mumble, i guess.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
Problem with discord is that it's really hard to keep up with the conversations. Sometimes I ask a question and check back 30 minutes later and have to scroll back through hundreds of messages. I'm sure there is some way to search but I haven't figured it out yet.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

UmOk posted:

Problem with discord is that it's really hard to keep up with the conversations. Sometimes I ask a question and check back 30 minutes later and have to scroll back through hundreds of messages. I'm sure there is some way to search but I haven't figured it out yet.

There is. Search bar on the top right. I used it for the first time today, it works really well.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
‘Cord is for chatting and real time coordination.
If you have important info or a detailed question, best to hit the thread.

Chilichimp fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Dec 29, 2017

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

In game chat is cancer and should be used precisely never.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Kal Spatha, someone on discord is trying to get you to join your arena shard chat:

https://discord.gg/Q66zFZ

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Whats up with Raid Han? Ever since getting him to 7* and fully equipped I can't have a team without him. He's super fast, has the first turn stun and reduces turn meter. He craps out damage like crazy but is fairly squishy.

I never seem him in arena comps so I feel like I'm missing something, but he's been super useful for me all over the game.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Popete posted:

Whats up with Raid Han? Ever since getting him to 7* and fully equipped I can't have a team without him. He's super fast, has the first turn stun and reduces turn meter. He craps out damage like crazy but is fairly squishy.

I never seem him in arena comps so I feel like I'm missing something, but he's been super useful for me all over the game.

He's all over my arena

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He owns and he's in my arena comp and several folks in my top 10 use him.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Not to mention his special stuns, and depending on his crit rate, can give you another turn right away. He's pretty great.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Popete posted:

You may just be an early adopter on your shard. Ride that wave as hard as you can.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Crumbletron posted:

You may just be an early adopter on your shard. Ride that wave as hard as you can.

That's whats odd, my shard is at least 3 years old. I'm in the 300-400s in Arena though.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

He's extremely in the top arena meta.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Chilichimp posted:

He's extremely in the top arena meta.

Above 200, it's the wild west. Below 200, you start seeing more recently meta teams. Below 150, it is almost all meta teams. Below 100, it's meta teams with top tier gear, and the top 50 is extremely tuned meta teams. At least that's how my shard seems to swing, and I think it's two years old?

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
My shard feels pretty stacked, it's a struggle to stay above 500 and I've been level 85 for well over a year now. I can't imagine what the top 50 teams look like cause I'm regularly running into teams with g12 in the 400s.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Popete posted:

My shard feels pretty stacked, it's a struggle to stay above 500 and I've been level 85 for well over a year now. I can't imagine what the top 50 teams look like cause I'm regularly running into teams with g12 in the 400s.

at this point, G12's are everywhere.

Comp and mods are the only thing that matters and right now GK/Zarriss + 3, Nightsisters, and JTRey, droids, GK, +1 are the toppest meta.

GK/Zarriss has an easier time dealing with JTRey, but it falls hard to CLS, which is the only reason CLS is even sticking around anymore.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
CLS is in the way out?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

CLS is in the way out?

As an arena leader, yes

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003
I'm still using CLS, Thrawn, R2, DN, and GK. What should I adjust?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

UmOk posted:

Thats what i use. How do you do/fall everyday?

What linda teams do you have trouble beating?

DotyManX
Aug 9, 2004
Yeah I drive a minivan, big deal, wanna fight about it?

Chilichimp posted:

I use the same but with raid Han in place of Thrawn, who I'm still gearing up. I usually make the top 50 on my shard but generally fall into the 50's or 60's overnight.

UmOk
Aug 3, 2003

Chilichimp posted:

I move between 25 and 85. I often only do my 2 required battles though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

UmOk posted:

Swapping DN for Han once you have him geared is the main good change you can make.

That gives you a tool to short circuit the “their fastest guy is absurdly fast” situations, removes an AoE that gets DN owned vs. CLS teams, and adds a consistent heavy hitter to replace a wet noodle who occasionally one shots people.