Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I didn't really have a ton of meaning behind it. Was initially riding the fact that murata likes fubuki a lot and just ran out of steam to make things funny.

Well, you got farther than I did.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mefP8GIODO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

I really don't think there's any romance coming from any of the main cast anytime soon.

This is what doujins were made for

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

This is what doujins were made for

PM me when the Bicylcle of Justice and Zombieman's pistol hook up

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
King really does have superpowers and BLAST is his unconscious mental projection.

nutri_void
Apr 18, 2015

I shall devour your soul.
Grimey Drawer
Blast is Blast

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blast is a locked room murder mystery

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord
Bang Bomb Blast

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Blast is furious because Bomb got all the dominant genes and he only got the inferior recessive genes.

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Meanwhile Bomb is also furious because while he has a pretty cool Iron Hurricane Fist style, Blast has the far superior 'One Punch And Then It's Lunch' style.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

where the red fern gropes posted:

just accept reigen = blast, it's funnier that way

Grown-up Mob. He has the right hair color.
... that's about it really.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Saitama Black

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Blast is Saitama from a parallel universe where baldness is normal and he trained so hard that he grew hair.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is Blast? This is Blast speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are perishing—you who dread knowledge—I am the man who will now tell you:

Blast is just this guy, you know?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Supersonic Shine posted:

King really does have superpowers and BLAST is his unconscious mental projection.

You mean that King is a Stand User?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Blaze Dragon posted:

We saw that last chapter when he used his stand to kill Elder Centipede, yeh

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

Blaze Dragon posted:

Josuke Higashikata posted:

We saw that last chapter when he used his stand to kill Elder Centipede, yeh
I knew one of you would assume I was talking about Stands. Well, I wasn’t. BLAST is actually King’s Persona.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Personas are literally stands!!!

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Grandpa Josuke you think everything is a stand. You think the Toaster is a Stand. You think that superior German Engineering is a Stand. Speed of Sound Sonic? Stand. Tank tops? Stands. You thought that I was a stand when I popped out of mom! You need an intervention! NOT EVERYTHING IS A STAND!

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
He is right though. Personas are literally stands. They even have tarot theming.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Someone deeply involved with Shin Megami Tensei is bros with Araki, so it's kind of like an approved knock-off of the concept.

TheLoneStar
Feb 9, 2017

Yeah, it's no secret the Persona series just rips off JoJo.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

TheGamerGuy23 posted:

Yeah, it's no secret the Persona series just rips off JoJo.

The thing I love most about JoJo are its colourful characters. Like :nws:REO Dickwagon:nws:.

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

it's hard to pick a single best panel from the last chapter but i was staring at this one for several full minutes with my mouth open

how is it so good

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

the bitcoin of weed posted:

it's hard to pick a single best panel from the last chapter but i was staring at this one for several full minutes with my mouth open

how is it so good

They're all just lucky that Elder Centipede didn't shed a tanktop onto itself or they would've been totally hosed.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Murata is so good at conveying force. Look at those shockwaves, look at that impact :allears:

So many other comic book artists look like trash compared to his stuff

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Murata's so talented as an artist that he made a manga about American football more visually impressive and engaging than most other shonen manga at the time. Not that the writing was bad or anything, but the art is what really made it stand out.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SpacePig posted:

Murata's so talented as an artist that he made a manga about American football more visually impressive and engaging than most other shonen manga at the time. Not that the writing was bad or anything, but the art is what really made it stand out.

whats the name of it

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

eonwe posted:

whats the name of it

Eyeshield 21. Murata's improved a lot since then but it's still very good.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say the art was what truly sold the comic though, since the last arc changed writers but kept Murata and it was real bad,

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

To be honest what sold me on eyeshield 21 was the pure racial power of the blacks

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.

SyntheticPolygon posted:

the last arc changed writers but kept Murata and it was real bad,

I didn't know that the writer changed for the end. It was pretty bad, but the art still stayed pretty great.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Oh yeah art-wise it was still excellent but it shows that the writing was just as important to making the comic stand out.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I mean the ending stands out, just in a really bad way.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the actual ending was fine. they went to college and split into different teams. the last arc was another matter entirely.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

I guess that is more the ending than the last arc. You're right that part is pretty good, it just feels like a kind of a gently caress you to the characters after the last arc and NEVER AS GOOD AS THIS BLACK GUY, BECAUSE HE IS BLACK, NOT BECAUSE HE AS AN INDIVIDUAL IS MORE HARD WORKING OR ANYTHING, NOPE, IT'S BECAUSE HE'S BLACK

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
yes, that's what people mean when they say the last arc is bad

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SyntheticPolygon posted:

Eyeshield 21. Murata's improved a lot since then but it's still very good.

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say the art was what truly sold the comic though, since the last arc changed writers but kept Murata and it was real bad,

ty

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
So when is One punch mans animated season 2 coming out?

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

right now

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

and there it goes, you missed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Babe Magnet posted:

and there it goes, you missed it

Pretty unexpected, what they did with Garou.

I did not expect them to cast Mayumi Shintani.