Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
making a death threat over the phone is amateur hour, everyone knows you phone those in

:goonsay:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stickfigure
Sep 4, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nah. You do it face to face in an isolated place in calm quiet voice with no witnesses around. That way it really gets the point across.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
Merry Christmas, thread. :wtc:

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Skin condition goon, honestly it's up to you, but people are a lot more used to seeing and dealing with fat people than seeing and dealing with people with horrific visible skin conditions they haven't seen before. Like I personally pick being fat and on antidepressants over being thin and suicidal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

you know, there are apps that lock your phone while you drink. i was reading about one that would only let uber launch but no drunk txt or calls.

maybe he needs to get that.

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

RFC2324 posted:

you know, there are apps that lock your phone while you drink. i was reading about one that would only let uber launch but no drunk txt or calls.

How does that actuallly work? Give ur phone a bj?

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Burt Sexual posted:

How does that actuallly work? Give ur phone a bj?

You activate it before you start drinking.

It relies on sober you being smart enough to know you do stupid poo poo drunk.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

RFC2324 posted:

any app like that has a deactivate feature - if airplane mode isn't enough you;'re beyond help

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

maskenfreiheit posted:

any app like that has a deactivate feature - if airplane mode isn't enough you;'re beyond help

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/...ng-your-ex.html

this one apparently makes you add large numbers. not foolproof but it does make it more challenging

Doctor Malaver
May 23, 2007

Ce qui s'est passé t'a rendu plus fort

quote:

This is half confession, half don't text when you're drunk PSA. A couple nights ago I apparently added my ex's phone number back into my phone and started texting her. I have no memory of doing this, but I got a call from the police yesterday asking if they could come talk to me. I said sure and they brought a printout of what I had texted. It started out kind of cordial and catching up on things until she mentioned she was married and had a kid.

What I said next was extremely corny stuff that would even be way over the top in a lifetime movie where I threatened to kill her husband and daughter in front of her and then kill her and so on. I laughed at it and made some jokes about how I need to cut back on my drinking but the cop didn't find as funny as I did. He said she is at least filing a restraining order and has the option to press charges for criminal threats. I doubt I'll face prison time because I have a 100% clean record and can spin some sob story about how I'm going to seek treatment for my addiction and so on, but what a pain in the rear end. She knows I say stupid things when I'm drunk which is why we broke up in the first place, so I don't know why she'd take what I said seriously.

Learn from me fellow goons, lock up your phone somehow the moment you start drinking before it fucks you over.

Corny?
(not a native speaker, looks up "corny" to make sure)
That's not corny...

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Malaver posted:

Corny?
(not a native speaker, looks up "corny" to make sure)
That's not corny...

I bet the misuse of common, even slang, English while trying to read this forum as an esl is a real hoot.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
mutant goon, depends on the condition and the amount of obese imo

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I don't think he really threatened to kill her... that line is used awkwardly to explain what he said would be off even in a movie were...

Or I am misreading this. But anyway what is wrong with you? When I am drunk I don't start randomly texting or calling people. That has always been weird to me when people tell those stories. But have the police show up? Damon son, either stay off the alcohol or leave your phone out of reach.

SavageGentleman
Feb 28, 2010

When she finds love may it always stay true.
This I beg for the second wish I made too.

Fallen Rib
Drunken texting/ calling people and blurting out stuff you would never say out loud is not a random thing that 'just happens', but a sign of unprocessed mental issues with that person that really need to be confronted!

It's very strange that many people who do that never get the idea that this kind of behaviour is the most obvious hint your subconscious can give you that you have issues you gotta work through and feelings/emotions that you have to admit to yourself.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SavageGentleman posted:

Drunken texting/ calling people and blurting out stuff you would never say out loud is not a random thing that 'just happens', but a sign of unprocessed mental issues with that person that really need to be confronted!

It's very strange that many people who do that never get the idea that this kind of behaviour is the most obvious hint your subconscious can give you that you have issues you gotta work through and feelings/emotions that you have to admit to yourself.

in vino veritas etc etc etc

The poo poo you say to people while drunk is basically the poo poo you think of saying to them while sober but then think "no, that's stupid" or "that wouldn't go well"

That said, plenty of people have a way worse temper while they're drunk than while they're sober, that just usually just doesn't extend to saying you're gonna kill they're famil

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
When i drunktext i'm just linking youtubes of music or movies :shrug:

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

i don’t DRUNK TEXT because I don’t get DRUNK xXx

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
Alcohol literally changes your brain chemistry so it’s not as though it’s a perfect representation of your “true inner self” or whatever. For example one time I blacked and apparently went on a tirade about how Al Qaeda had created hangovers in order to make the West suffer and suffice it to say that my sober self found some of my reasoning to be significantly flawed.

If you are threatening to skin and eat people, however, yeah that’s you.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

sugar free jazz posted:

i don’t DRUNK TEXT because I don’t get DRUNK xXx

Drinking makes even the mundane enjoyable. Long boring drive from work to home? Add a 12 pack of Hamms and you're singing along with the radio and making great time! Going to a friend's boooooooooring intervention? Add a fifth of bourbon and turn that lamervention into a celevention!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
I just get all "I luvvv youuu mannn"

spleen merchant
Jul 1, 2007
Fun Shoe
The "I was "black-out" drunk and can't remember is bullshit". Literally every piece of poo poo that is violent toward women lies through their teeth about their responsibility, and the "be careful or you'll gently caress yourself over self-pity, rather than feeling shame in making a woman and child fearful for their safety is also typical of this human garbage.

spleen merchant fucked around with this message at 01:04 on Dec 27, 2017

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

When I drink I get into this weird fugue state where I can write pages and pages of well thought out arguments and ideas. I am able to get my thoughts out correctly and I write my best letters to friends or birthday cards black out drunk.

It's weird thinking about getting drunk just to write a drat Christmas card, but that's kinda where I am in life. Thanks internet! You ruined my ability to convey thoughts in a social setting.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
nice neg imho

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
I turn into a 6' toddler on a sugar high.

blarzgh
Apr 14, 2009

SNITCHIN' RANDY
Grimey Drawer
Minus the crying and making GBS threads myself, mostly.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

blarzgh posted:

Minus the crying and making GBS threads myself, mostly.

its not the drinking causing this then?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I Brake For MILFs posted:

When I drink I get into this weird fugue state where I can write pages and pages of well thought out arguments and ideas.

It's called graduate school

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

CheesyDog posted:

It's called graduate school

Oh that makes perfect sense. I didn't go to college, so I came about this naturally.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

fruit on the bottom posted:

Alcohol literally changes your brain chemistry so it’s not as though it’s a perfect representation of your “true inner self” or whatever. For example one time I blacked and apparently went on a tirade about how Al Qaeda had created hangovers in order to make the West suffer and suffice it to say that my sober self found some of my reasoning to be significantly flawed.

If you are threatening to skin and eat people, however, yeah that’s you.

same. I don't think the truth comes out when ur drunk, just the poo poo you would only say while drunk

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
I just mumble and piss into the nearest corner instead of raping people, then try to find a place to hibernate. I'm lucky in that regard, I guess.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

School Nickname posted:

I just mumble and piss into the nearest corner instead of raping people, then try to find a place to hibernate. I'm lucky in that regard, I guess.

Oh you survived Blair Witch? Congrats

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

School Nickname posted:

Just don't take the piss in NOLA

they'll catch you behind a dumpster on Mardi Gras tapping a kidney and whoops you're a sex offender

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

you can avoid all these problems and more by just like not drinking

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

The Snoo posted:

Might as well not breathe, that solves problems too

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

The Snoo posted:

:lol: this is GBS

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

People are fessing less over the holidays, I guess. This is the only one I've got rn

quote:

This is probably a boring fesh but I'm absolutely terrified of aging. I'm in my mid 30s now and I dread the day when I become some geezer who doesn't know how any of the world works anymore and will be ignored/gather eye-rolling from younger people. I had to think about that when I caught Home Alone on the TV and realized that Macaulay Culkin is approaching his 40s just like I am and how time just passes like that. Then to top off that nice train of thought I was screwing around with some firefox plugin and found some 74 year old guy in the comment section of the plugin writing some long rear end post pleading for help with his computer that'll of course go unheard. That poo poo depresses me. I read about googles TPUs (basically custom processors for machine learning/AI) the other day and noticed how it starts with stuff like that. There are already developments that, while I still can follow and understand them, just don't "feel" familiar to me. Never will. I'm just too old. Everything also seems to be moving faster and faster.

I see it in my parents which are about ~70, the frustration in not "getting" things anymore. The bitterness about it. The way they get more and more inflexible mentally. It's coming to me, it's coming to everyone. Eventually we all die too. Part of me hopes to not get too old, and just drop dead from a heart attack or something.

I'm actually in therapy but my therapist (who is about my age) just plays it down by telling me that I'm not old at all and pretty much ignores my worries in that regard. She probably like to tell that herself too. I doubt she enjoys aging either. It's not like it's a thing that doesn't concern her personally. We all age.

All I wanna do is play videogames and follow my hobbies until I die. I'm tired of being an adult. There's no point in it anyways. I'm in a unique position where I can completely drop out of the workforce and gather disability money until the end of my days. I'm strongly considering it. Just live in some small studio apartment and follow my dream of being an useless slob and play vidya all day erry day until I drop dead. Sounds like a plan. It's not like it's a worse plan than any other plan. All life plans end in death anyways.

You should buy a Ferrari, that should help

Seriously though I honestly think having kids helps with this stuff because you're able to own the poo poo out of being old that way by diving into the whole "dorky dad" thing

That's my plan anyway. I'm 30. Turning 30 was not fun. (Turning 29 was arguably worse though because my mom was 29 when my sister was born)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004
you don't nessecarily turn into an idiot when you age

just take care of yourself (exercise) avoid alcohol, get your kicks from :420:

i worked with a guy in an industrial research lab in silicon valley who was 70. he just fuckin loves computers. he also one of those fancy cars that looks like a fancy razor

Neutrino
Mar 8, 2006

Fallen Rib
The best way to avoid growing old in spirit is to always be learning. Never be satisfied about where you are in life. Don't waste your time watching tv - that time is better spent learning. Be willing to change and don't try to be a twenty y/o when you are 40. Even if you can afford the best skate board when you are older - don't.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
There's this saying that age is just a number and there's a lot of truth to that. Do whatever you want IMHO, just do it for the right reasons. If you're 40 and want to experience skateboarding because you maybe never did or had no time, you should totally buy that skateboard and have fun. Just don't buy it because you want to be 20 again, that is not going to work and will only cause more frustration. I also had (and passed) a phase in life where I realized I'm officially old now for many but that feeling passed. I don't really care anymore and just live however I want to. It's not like you get another life anyways. I will 2nd avoiding alcohol though. All my acquaintances who used to drink a lot and party when they were younger (and still drink quite a bit now) not only look like poo poo but also regularly feel like poo poo and are doing somewhat worse in general. That stuff really makes you dumber. That all being said, mid-30s really isn't old. It's a great age. You know better than the 20 somethings but everything about your body and mind still isn't really age affected. There are still a lot of professional sportspeople your age!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

my grandfather kept learning new things, and maintained his mental agility until the day he died at 97. this was the man who taught me how to use a computer when he was in his 70s. its all about keeping that desire to learn.

and they have found a very strong correlation between letting that desire to learn go and the development of dementia so it's in your favor to keep learning for other reasons