Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

worst comes to worst a 6l is always worth a divine from vendors

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I never realized how much money is to be made in /trade 820 if your farming red maps or trying for league challenges.

Doing red tier maps and find a zana? sell your extra portals for 2-3c each.
Roll that sextant mod that is needed for a challenge? sell those extra portals for 2-5c each 3 times.
About to finish off the boss of a hard corrupted red or unique map? sell the portals.

I had a map that ticked 2 of those boxes and nearly instantly filled a group at 6c a portal, fast profit for portal slots I wasn't going to use anyway and can spend that chaos right into more sextant mods or getting my own challenges done, and if someone is a dick and they don't pay well, I'm getting the same chaos as I woulda anyway.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I never realized how much money is to be made in /trade 820 if your farming red maps or trying for league challenges.

Doing red tier maps and find a zana? sell your extra portals for 2-3c each.
Roll that sextant mod that is needed for a challenge? sell those extra portals for 2-5c each 3 times.
About to finish off the boss of a hard corrupted red or unique map? sell the portals.

I had a map that ticked 2 of those boxes and nearly instantly filled a group at 6c a portal, fast profit for portal slots I wasn't going to use anyway and can spend that chaos right into more sextant mods or getting my own challenges done, and if someone is a dick and they don't pay well, I'm getting the same chaos as I woulda anyway.

it's just a pain in the dick to get it all sorted because you have to block off your map area then trade them then let them all in.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

I figured I'd toss a few bucks at ggg and pick up a doofy set of armor so my character doesn't look like bland butt all the time.

Apparently the cheapest armor set is $40.

Guess I'm going to look like a bland butt.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats why we buy supporter packs. extra value

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Awesome! posted:

worst comes to worst a 6l is always worth a divine from vendors

Yeah that's probably what I'll do. This seems on the very low end of 6L weapons.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

6s is usually around 50-150 jewelers for me

6l average is probably somewhere around 500-600 fuses but its super high variance and can easily be 2k+

6s average is ~300 jewelers.
6L average is ~1200 fusing.

And to the dude who asked initially, don’t waste fusings on 5s items*, the odds of getting a 5L on it aren’t significantly different than 6Ling a 6s.

*can be worth it if, for example, you’re pushing in the first few hours of a new league and need a 4L, but if you’re doing that you probably know how to use currency already.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i refuse to believe 300 is the actual average for sockets

i think ive only had like 2 things ever take more than 300

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
I had a Belly take around 350 a couple days ago. :shrug:

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

it's just a pain in the dick to get it all sorted because you have to block off your map area then trade them then let them all in.

I've just been doing the honor system and selling all 5 portals at once while outside the boss door, but if I ever had to go outside and sell to carry a second load I'd probably do that.

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
How do you block it off? I thought you could leap slam over hideout stuff.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

George posted:

How do you block it off? I thought you could leap slam over hideout stuff.

a row of trees for example blocks everything

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Hauki posted:

6s average is ~300 jewelers.
6L average is ~1200 fusing.

And to the dude who asked initially, don’t waste fusings on 5s items*, the odds of getting a 5L on it aren’t significantly different than 6Ling a 6s.

*can be worth it if, for example, you’re pushing in the first few hours of a new league and need a 4L, but if you’re doing that you probably know how to use currency already.
Okay, I have...

*checks*

17 fusings. So probably not doing that anytime soon.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it only takes 1

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
It's 50/50 every time

whalestory
Feb 9, 2004

hey ya'll!

Pillbug
You know, maybe they should make hideouts more like habbo hotel...

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I've just been doing the honor system and selling all 5 portals at once while outside the boss door, but if I ever had to go outside and sell to carry a second load I'd probably do that.

i tried starting a zana rotation using my wild zana. Invited one guy while i was still in the map who then proceeds to take my portal into my map and then leave after I told him its a rotation and to wait. Thus loving over my rotation. People are morons and you have much greater trust then I would give these mongrels.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...
I’ll never forget visiting someone’s hideout and landing in a giant golden cage with the stash wedged halfway through the wall.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Holyshoot posted:

i tried starting a zana rotation using my wild zana. Invited one guy while i was still in the map who then proceeds to take my portal into my map and then leave after I told him its a rotation and to wait. Thus loving over my rotation. People are morons and you have much greater trust then I would give these mongrels.

You'll always get a dingus now and then, but good people tend to outnumber them enough that it isn't a huge detriment.

That and on hard red tier stuff like twinned bosses, they would probably just get themselves killed rushing in with 6 player health by themselves.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

The Wonder Weapon posted:

I figured I'd toss a few bucks at ggg and pick up a doofy set of armor so my character doesn't look like bland butt all the time.

Apparently the cheapest armor set is $40.

Guess I'm going to look like a bland butt.

yeah it's ridiculous

I keep being tempted to get a random box and having to remind myself that I'm not that fuckin stupid

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

whalestory posted:

You know, maybe they should make hideouts more like habbo hotel...

Guild hideouts could be a cool idea, like FC Houses in FFXIV.

Either way the ability to save/load hideout templates can't come soon enough.

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst
Buy supporter packs for armor mtx and spend all points on skill effects. Some skills like ST really need their mtx so they feel satisfying.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

frostbolt may as well not exist without the mtx

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

post stuck so what

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

JawnV6 posted:

I’ll never forget visiting someone’s hideout and landing in a giant golden cage with the stash wedged halfway through the wall.

But did you ERP?

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Can't you trade with someone just so long as you're in the same area as them and click their name and chat and then trade, or do you have to be partied? I've never actually tried but I assume cage method can't be too hard

Flavahbeast
Jul 21, 2001

a few weeks ago I sold something and after trading the buyer went into my Phantasmagoria map, helped kill the boss and then left without another word. Last night I bought some Vaal fragments from some guy with a cyrillic name and afterwards they did the same thing. I've never had a trader take any other portal before, is there a bot that's just triggered to run Phantasmagoria any time they see a portal to it?

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Awesome! posted:

frostbolt may as well not exist without the mtx
it is my great shame that I've done I think three frostbolt characters at this point without the mtx

I even got the vortex one way back, but money is super tight :(

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

guild chat got me to finally try making a summoner character, specifically a spectremancer, over the last couple days. got to 77 I think this morning

how is this solar guard poo poo not completely broken and nerfed, jfc

Though I do wonder how summoners are supposed to scale up besides summoning higher leveled versions of their stuff, there's only so many nodes on the tree (I'm going all the way down to duelist for life because wtf else am I gonna do with my points) and most item affixes do gently caress all

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Chakan posted:

I started playing HC SSF and it's a different game than softcore, I enjoy both through. My HCSSF characters feel like a project I'm working on, whereas softcore is good for learning and exploring the game. Also, I chaos orb'd a weapon in act 3 in SSF and it felt good to actually just use currency, which I don't really do normally.

I'm at the end of act 4 as a righteous fire marauder and I'm still using sunder, I looked into farming a rise of the phoenix but the answer seems to be "the div cards are very rare, mosaic kite shields are pretty rare, but the unique itself will probably drop at some point for you after you farm level 65 stuff." How easy is it to sustain RF without the shield? When should I switch to RF? When I have max resist and purity of fire puts me to ~80%?

you can switch whenever you want, since full sustain is not actually a requirement to run RF, but i would wait as long as possible until sunder doesn't feel good anymore. to prolong this you can take ~14 points of physical damage nodes since you get at least that many reset points from the story. usually sunder on an RF build starts to feel like rear end in the 50s to 60s.

you probably won't ever hit full passive sustain without rotp, but grab the warcry heal berserker ascendency node as your first points, bind enduring cry to spacebar, and it doesn't feel that bad even if you degen (i run all reduced regen and -max res maps in AHC on my rf berserker).

ruby flask also completely makes up for rotp so try to get a 20% quality increased duration ruby flask when you switch.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
You get higher level corpses and a vis mortis, congrats you can now clear all content in the game.

Once I get to shaper I'm gonna start testing solar guards with abyss jewels, I need to run the numbers on whether or not flat damage jewels are better than % increased for solar guards. I want to say yes instinctively but I'm not actually sure considering there aren't that many Spectre multipliers on the tree

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I "feel" like cast and attack speed would be ideal for spectre clearing so I went heavy on life/leech/speed gems for minions in my few free spots, but I don't know if it's factually the best or not.

I do know I have been using a gem with 28 life, 10% all resist, 5% cast/attack speed for minions ever since I got it in the tidal pool at level 4 when first starting and I haven't really found one as good as that.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

considering buying a cloak, how do those look with quivers? soul strike doesnt have art and it looks kinda lame

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
You can email support and ask them how a specific mtx looks with another and they'll play barbie dressup and send you screenshots.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Luna Was Here posted:

You get higher level corpses and a vis mortis, congrats you can now clear all content in the game.

Once I get to shaper I'm gonna start testing solar guards with abyss jewels, I need to run the numbers on whether or not flat damage jewels are better than % increased for solar guards. I want to say yes instinctively but I'm not actually sure considering there aren't that many Spectre multipliers on the tree

I guess it's just a little... weird and off putting?... to play a character class that essentially doesn't scale up because it doesn't have to scale up

On the other hand, by the time I get to the point where I have to juggle and fiddle with expensive items to get a better clear/bosskill without sacrificing life/resists I'm usually outright done with the character, so maybe I'm just being weird!

I wonder what other top tier spectres there are. Solar Guards are great, no doubt, but I wonder if there's a better mix of boss clear and map clear out there.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Ciaphas posted:

I wonder what other top tier spectres there are. Solar Guards are great, no doubt, but I wonder if there's a better mix of boss clear and map clear out there.

I'm enjoying using Kitavas Heralds. They have two AoE attacks and with 4 of them, white and blue packs just melt. Don't have any problems with boss damage, but I'm running 8 zombies and srs as well, so I don't know how great their single target is.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Ciaphas posted:

I guess it's just a little... weird and off putting?... to play a character class that essentially doesn't scale up because it doesn't have to scale up

On the other hand, by the time I get to the point where I have to juggle and fiddle with expensive items to get a better clear/bosskill without sacrificing life/resists I'm usually outright done with the character, so maybe I'm just being weird!

For boss killing, tukohamas vanguards (in act 6 coast) kill bosses like nothing else. Their mapping is "meh" but they melt bosses like they're nothing.

As far as scaling the build, past vis mortis I'd look into jewels. Cast speed jewels are pretty nuts for solar guards and most of the scaling of Spectres is just increasing your defenses because you're way more likely to eat poo poo than your Spectres see.

Cast speed is probably better for mapping I just want to test flat damage for bossing to see if the few increased minion damage nodes coupled with the crazy flat damage amounts on abyss will out dps cast speed jewels

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

NPR Journalizard posted:

I'm enjoying using Kitavas Heralds. They have two AoE attacks and with 4 of them, white and blue packs just melt. Don't have any problems with boss damage, but I'm running 8 zombies and srs as well, so I don't know how great their single target is.

What links do you run with them? I tried them briefly while leveling in a Tabula with Minion Damage, Echo, GMP, Elemental Focus and Controlled Destruction and they totally sucked compared to Flame Sentinels. Probably the wrong links but I dunno how you'd figure that poo poo out anyway.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Was some Poe vs D3 art design talk a bit back.

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Dec 28, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.
I take it back.