Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Wrist Watch posted:

I always kinda liked Eridan because even though he was a piece of poo poo, he wasn’t really an intentional piece of poo poo. He just seemed like a product of his environment, some rich kid that always had everything handed to him and was increasingly baffled when things in the real world didn’t turn out the way he wanted. He was refreshingly straightforward in a comic like this where every other character is steeping in drama, and at least he eventually managed to pull his head out of his own rear end in a top hat.

Plus, dude spent his entire session powerleveling by murdering angels which is metal as hell

he explicitly got nothing for killing angels, he just did it because he's a loving idiot with an op gun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
eridan murdering angels was the funniest eridan moment :)

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

He said it took like 10 minutes of heavy fire from Ahab's Crosshairs to down one angel, on a planet exclusively populated by them.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

and iirc they awarded no grist or xp, so he was just doing because he wanted to be

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Clawtopsy posted:

and iirc they awarded no grist or xp, so he was just doing because he wanted to be

According to his pesterlogs, after a while they started to attack him on sight, so he had to keep doing it to survive.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

maou shoujo posted:

According to his pesterlogs, after a while they started to attack him on sight, so he had to keep doing it to survive.

Eridan Ampora — A Proud Tradition of Pissing People Off Until He's Forced to Kill Them in Self Defense

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

what happened with the bad snapchats

did they just stop doing them and stop mentioning them so hopefully everyone will forget jack noir getting savagely beaten by jane somehow?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

hardest time i ever done :(
It's been a whole year so I think it's safe to say the story is concluded.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

They never archived them on the main site, so I think we're all just sitting around in a room pretending nobody farted.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Arsenic Lupin posted:

They never archived them on the main site, so I think we're all just sitting around in a room pretending nobody farted.

a fart is the perfect way to sum them up

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Clawtopsy posted:

what happened with the bad snapchats

did they just stop doing them and stop mentioning them so hopefully everyone will forget jack noir getting savagely beaten by jane somehow?
something happened that hosed up Hiveswap to the point where it got delayed (again) by nine months. I assume it affected the Snapchats too or maybe they got the hint that it was a really stupid way to update.

It's hard to say since there's no real communication except fluff posts from the WP tumblr. Which...is actually an improvement.

Spellman
May 31, 2011

It was just an indirect ad/attempt at maintaining interest in HS for our tremendously long wait

But they were a ruse and possibly also a distraction

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Note: Jane died on the way back to her home planet

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Spellman posted:

It was just an indirect ad/attempt at maintaining interest in HS for our tremendously long wait

distaction

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the snapchats were a distaction

i have the narrative

*drives into lake*

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Note: Jane died on the way back to her home planet

And nothing of value was lost!

Expect I actually kind of like Jane and thought the story arc they started with her in the snapchats had potential. I was genuinely hoping they would continue it in a less stupid format, but oh well.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Spellman posted:

It was obviously as way to dripfeed content until Hiveswap came out.

The thing is that they stopped around this time last year, which was a about a few weeks until Hiveswap's original release date. Then something happened, because Hiveswap went from "Game's out in January, and we got greenlit!" to "Game's delay a few weeks for bugfixes" to absolutely nothing until a 4/13 reminder the project isn't dead to "Hey maybe we should have actual marketing" on 6/12. I dunno what the hell happened there, but it might have affected the snapchats too.

Of course, the snaps ended on a cliffhanger, one that was entirely unrelated to Hiveswap. So even as a pre-game appetizer it doesn't really make sense. I think they just realized people hated the format and will let Hussie handle the mythical epilogue whenever he gets around to it*.

*hopefully never, as at this point I'd rather see new poo poo than him try and fix Homestuck for the rest of his life.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pants Donkey posted:

So even as a pre-game appetizer it doesn't really make sense. I think they just realized people hated the format and will let Hussie handle the mythical epilogue whenever he gets around to it*.

*hopefully never, as at this point I'd rather see new poo poo than him try and fix Homestuck for the rest of his life.
Ryan North says Hussie is working on it.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

He incorporated the Homestuck brand. He has chosen to make this his life now.

Bell_
Sep 3, 2006

Tiny Baltimore
A billion light years away
A goon's posting the same thing
But he's already turned to dust
And the shitpost we read
Is a billion light-years old
A ghost just like the rest of us
Too bad.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

So despite following Homestuck pretty thoroughly I only just got around to playing Hiveswap. Nice but shorter then I expected, was kinda hoping to have a segment with the troll back on earth. Any writeups of easy to miss things?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

So despite following Homestuck pretty thoroughly I only just got around to playing Hiveswap. Nice but shorter then I expected, was kinda hoping to have a segment with the troll back on earth. Any writeups of easy to miss things?

The MSPA wiki likely has a few, but personally I recommend clicking on the hint orb multiple times, as multiple characters, while in multiple areas.

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.

I love that there's a Dr. McNinja reference of all things.

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

The asterisk loving killed me

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
while you were out filling quadrants, i mastered the grubchain

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The Libra fella has one hell of a balanced icon.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Plom Bar posted:

Well, if anyone was still skeptical that future installments of Hiveswap would be fully funded...
No trace of doubt left with me: https://www.forfansbyfans.com/product/sentry-worm-body-pillow-case-17716.html

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Did a double-take at the art credit. Congratulations, I think?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
Did you win the contest or whatever?

Its the best graphic pillow design I have ever seen for what its worth

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

Thanks! Yeah, this one is mine--it is one of quite a few that were selected and just went online.

I'm glad for Sentry Worm to finally take his place in the hallowed halls of official merch. I think we just have to live with the fact that it was on a body pillow.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Plom Bar posted:

The MSPA wiki likely has a few, but personally I recommend clicking on the hint orb multiple times, as multiple characters, while in multiple areas.

There's a hint orb?

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Oxyclean posted:

There's a hint orb?

Kind of.

It's Doc Scratch, who's been in contact with Joey for an indeterminate amount of time

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
The new trollcall thing has a contest. Also a troll who is described as, and I quote, "Not Vriska"

Plom Bar
Jun 5, 2004

Five years ago two people paid $10,000 each for their fantrolls to become canon (before being killed off exactly one panel later). Now WP is giving away the same privilege in exchange for people drawing comics about WP's own OCs.

Credit where it's due, they're doing a good job of keeping people talking about Hiveswap.

Also NotVriska L-Word is quite great.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Plom Bar posted:

Credit where it's due, they're doing a good job of keeping people talking about Hiveswap.

Kind of, it still doesn't seem to be very popular.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

because it's :mediocre:

why would you save this thread from page two

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Clawtopsy posted:

because it's :mediocre:

why would you save this thread from page two

because you cannot loving escape, is why

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012

KaosMachina posted:

I love that there's a Dr. McNinja reference of all things.
I've only been vaguely aware that Homestuck is still a thing these past few months, but loving weebtroll on the right there has sent me back down a dark and dangerous path.

My favorite new trolls are the overeager goldblood who wants to be fused with a spaceship and the energy draining parasite who's riding on his backpack.

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.
wait, I just realized, is Tegiri wearing socks with sandals?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
I think those are sneakers.