Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I've started watching Westworld, very intriguing so far. Had a super snowy day yesterday and binged 4 episodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

om nom nom posted:

I've started watching Westworld, very intriguing so far. Had a super snowy day yesterday and binged 4 episodes.

It's a good watch.

the milk must flow

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

wormil posted:

Also the one about the guy in the bunker full of books. Apoc happens and he's cozy in his bunker with all his books then breaks his glasses.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wx26AGWD6TE

But yeah twilight zone owned.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
My favorite Twilight Zone episode is about the soldier who starts seeing impending death in people's faces. It ends with him seeing he's about to die and happily going off to it.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
UPDATE: the new season of Peaky Blinders was amazing. Possibly my favorite.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

UPDATE: the new season of Peaky Blinders was amazing. Possibly my favorite.

The whole series is pretty good, then?
It's been sitting on my list for ages but I just end up watching Park n' Rec again.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Stuck at work today so I checked out Bright, it's pretty good. Feels a little tight though, would probably have worked better as like a 3-4 episode series.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Travelers S2 is up on Netflix US.

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.

wormil posted:

Travelers S2 is up on Netflix US.

Sweet. I liked the first and wasn’t sure they were making more. Thanks.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Psych is now on Prime. This is not a drill, psych is now on Prime.

So happy about that, it was one of my shows to fall asleep to for ages until Netflix lost it.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Do not watch Red Christmas.
I like terrible horror films but this movie will leave you with tonal whiplash and it has a whole cast of unlikeable shitheads.

Power_of_the_glory
Feb 14, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Do not watch Red Christmas.
I like terrible horror films but this movie will leave you with tonal whiplash and it has a whole cast of unlikeable shitheads.

Was this movie pro or antiabortion? Really don't get it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm not really getting into JCVJ. The fight scenes are great, Van Damme is great, but everything else is just okay.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
I watched The Circle on Netflix, I wasn't in to it. I don't want to spoil anything, by using specifics in case anyone wants to watch it, but I really don't get what message that movie was trying to get across.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Power_of_the_glory posted:

Was this movie pro or antiabortion? Really don't get it.

No one knows. What garbage.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
What We Do in the Shadows - Amazon Prime

I'd never heard of this movie but it's hilarious. About a group of vampire friends in New Zealand and their vampire domestic issues and social lives. You have the Master living in a sarcophagus in the basement. A Victorian dandy. A middle-ages vampire. The newly turned vampire and his best friend, a human. Servants.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2w3H_oLSIU

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

wormil posted:

I'd never heard of this movie but it's hilarious. About a group of vampire friends in New Zealand and their vampire domestic issues and social lives. You have the Master living in a sarcophagus in the basement. A Victorian dandy. A middle-ages vampire. The newly turned vampire and his best friend, a human. Servants.

The absolute best line: Why do we prefer to eat virgins? Let me put it this way, wouldn't you prefer eating a sandwich if you knew nobody hosed it?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

The director of What We Do in the Shadows also did Hunt for the Wilderpeople and now Thor: Ragnarok

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0169806/

e: I prefer Hunt for the Wilderpeople but opinions vary

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
S2 of Travellers is as good as season one.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

wormil posted:

It's a bit of alright.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Man I forgot how incredible some of the monologues are in The Twilight Zone.

They range from beautiful to downright brutal.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

My favorite Twilight Zone episode is about the soldier who starts seeing impending death in people's faces. It ends with him seeing he's about to die and happily going off to it.

I’m watching it right now and haven’t read your spoiler yet! It’s good so far.

E: so many episodes of this show have aged so well.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 03:27 on Jan 4, 2018

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Rolo posted:

I’m watching it right now and haven’t read your spoiler yet! It’s good so far.

E: so many episodes of this show have aged so well.

Did you like the episode? It's one of those that really brings to the fore the fact that the show was written by people hosed up from WW2.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Did you like the episode? It's one of those that really brings to the fore the fact that the show was written by people hosed up from WW2.

I very much did. The few episodes that deal with war and the flaws of mankind remind me of something JD Salinger or Kurt Vonnegut would write, and the intro monologue was the reason I wrote a post prior about loving some of Serling’s narration:

“Infantry platoon, U.S. Army, Philippine Islands, 1945. These are the faces of the young men who fight; as if some omniscient painter had mixed a tube of oils that were at one time earth brown, dust gray, blood red, beard black, and fear yellow-white. And these men were the models. For this is the province of combat and these are the faces of war.”

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

wormil posted:

I'd agree with this statement. It's mediocre Canadian sci-fi, but I enjoyed it enough to keep watching unlike Dark Matter or Continuum.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

The Sinner is a good tv show, I enjoyed it a lot. While Jessica Biel's performance is not bad, I was hoping this would be her breakthrough piece. Looking back, the show was carried by the good script, the performances were so-so.

e: oh wait I'm in pyf?! what the hell awful app

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Never had heard about this before but I have high hopes for the new Letterman Netflix show

https://www.netflix.com/title/80209096

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Planned on watching a couple episodes of The End of the F***ing World (Netflix) and watched the whole season. The characters are annoying but it's very well acted and the writing is tight.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

wormil posted:

Planned on watching a couple episodes of The End of the F***ing World (Netflix) and watched the whole season. The characters are annoying but it's very well acted and the writing is tight.

I put this first episode on this morning and me and the gf sat through all 8 without a break. The annoying teenagers are definitely annoying teenagers but it was really good. I don't like not having closure but I feel like a season 2 is unnecessary and I hope they don't decide to force one on it.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Len posted:

I put this first episode on this morning and me and the gf sat through all 8 without a break. The annoying teenagers are definitely annoying teenagers but it was really good. I don't like not having closure but I feel like a season 2 is unnecessary and I hope they don't decide to force one on it.

We are on the same page. I can live with this being a self contained story. It's basically a movie broken into 8 parts.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Planet Earth 2 is on Netflix :3:

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
Gah I just cancelled Netflix last month to let it repopulate!

Something on Prime I just found that I love is their ambience videos. I was sitting here today with a 8 hour video of rainfall from inside a tent while reading a book. Makes for a good Sunday.

mysterious frankie
Jan 11, 2009

This displeases Dev- ..van. Shut up.

Rolo posted:

Gah I just cancelled Netflix last month to let it repopulate!

Something on Prime I just found that I love is their ambience videos. I was sitting here today with a 8 hour video of rainfall from inside a tent while reading a book. Makes for a good Sunday.

There's an app (for iPhone at least) called Rain Rain that you can use to achieve similar results. You can even come up with custom sound combos. You mentioning the ambiance videos for reading reminded me of that, because I'll run Rain Rain when I'm out of the house a lot, just because it's a super relaxing way to focus. Anyhow, that's not streaming anywhere, so g'bye.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
There's like a thousand 10 hour videos of rain and thunder on YouTube.

Sehkmet
Oct 22, 2004
All I want is a kind word, a warm bed, and UNLIMITED POWER.
Android has an app called White Noise that is really nice.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The other day I stumbled across a 10 hour video of R2D2 sounds. It was my introduction to such things.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one
When the night is calling

om nom nom posted:

I watched The Circle on Netflix, I wasn't in to it. I don't want to spoil anything, by using specifics in case anyone wants to watch it, but I really don't get what message that movie was trying to get across.

Yeah I watched it one time and I have absolutely no clue. :shrug:

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

I just watched Future Man on Hulu after randomly seeing it as a suggestion. It's like a mix of Terminator and Last Starfighter but goddamn, is it hilarious. I didn't care for Josh Hutcherson in Hunger Games but he's pretty good in this. I think I'll need to re-watch it just to get all the references.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

Reminder if you liked Futureman to watch Detention

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
No, just loving watch Detention.

Honk Honk

What's the connection?